Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did note something clever. Most final evolution starter concepts end in a triad of key themes on every gen: Brains/Coolness, Brawns and Beauty. There are exceptions like 1st gen (both 3 were monster themed) and 6th gen, with 6th gen basing on RPG roles (some say Skyrim Constelations as a pun). So as far as I've seen, here's my idea of the starter concept themes placed on each final starter:

1st Gen - Venusaur (Monster); Charizard (Monster); Blastoise (Monster)
2nd Gen - Meganium (Beauty); Typhlosion (Coolness); Feraligatr (Brawns)
3rd Gen - Sceptile (Beauty); Blaziken (Coolness); Swampert (Brawns)
4th Gen - Torterra (Brawns); Infernape (Coolness); Empoleon (Beauty)
5th Gen - Serperior (Beauty); Emboar (Brawns); Samurott (Coolness)
6th Gen - Chesnaught (Warrior); Delphox (Mage); Greninja (Thief)
7th Gen (rumor/leak) - Rowlett's Evo (Brains), Litten's Evo (Brawns), Popplio's Evo (bronybait Beauty)

I did note something clever. Most final evolution starter concepts end in a triad of key themes on every gen: Brains/Coolness, Brawns and Beauty. There are exceptions like 1st gen (both 3 were monster themed) and 6th gen, with 6th gen basing on RPG roles (some say Skyrim Constelations as a pun). So as far as I've seen, here's my idea of the starter concept themes placed on each final starter:

2nd Gen - Meganium (Beauty); Typhlosion (Coolness); Feraligatr (Brawns)
3rd Gen - Sceptile (Beauty); Blaziken (Coolness); Swampert (Brawns)
4th Gen - Torterra (Brawns); Infernape (Coolness); Empoleon (Beauty)
5th Gen - Serperior (Beauty); Emboar (Brawns); Samurott (Coolness)
That's highly subjective though.

I'd probably not go as far as planning nicknames based on these leaks - this is why I don't like leaks of this nature. If you get excited for them you're either completely spoiled in the case they're real, or you're disappointed if it's something you liked and it turns out to be fake.
Also, uh, wasn't the free-for-all leaks discussion only for the weekend? I could be wrong, but...

Who's to say that the mega stones in Kalos are the exact same ones that are in Hoenn?

No clear indication, but during data mining Johto was found as a specific location for Pokemon to originate from, vs being listed as from "a far away place" for Pal Park Pokemon. Also a bit of nitpicking: Emerald came out after FRLG.

And yeah: Leaked Popplio looks very elegant. I do like.
you need to remember that it was said in xy that mega evolution exists in only kalos, implying that it is part of the original timeline, but this was nullified when megas were told to be a phenomenon that happen in an alternate universe,
Its Japanese name "Grow Punch" was mis-read as "Glow Punch" which sounds very Fairy-type.

Then again I have no idea how the quadruped fox uses Power-up Punch anyway.
people do that a whole ton. whenever a japanese name has a r in it

If you get excited for them you're either completely spoiled in the case they're real, or you're disappointed if it's something you liked and it turns out to be fake.
Indeed, that's why I won't spoil to my brother and let him choose the starter without knowing on what will it evolve (however he might be dissapointed if the leak is real and he chooses Popplio as he prefers though looking ones).

To be honest, I thought that Popplio would evolve into an acrobatic circus clown themed seal.

I'd probably not go as far as planning nicknames based on these leaks - this is why I don't like leaks of this nature. If you get excited for them you're either completely spoiled in the case they're real, or you're disappointed if it's something you liked and it turns out to be fake.
Also, uh, wasn't the free-for-all leaks discussion only for the weekend? I could be wrong, but...
Bah, never cared for spoilers.

The original post said :
"This will also be the start of a free-for-all weekend. From now until the Corocoro leaks (which should be Monday) you guys can discuss unconfirmed information and ideas.

As soon as the corocoro leaks come, this will end and the usual thread rules will reapply."

So I think we can still discussed it until CoroCoro is here, but if people want to stop it's no big deal.

I actually think the rumoured Litten final Evo is better looking than the other rumoured final evos. I actually think Poppilo's is the worse looking one. Hoping it will be fire ground or fire dark, although it looks fire fighting.

I actually think the rumoured Litten final Evo is better looking than the other rumoured final evos. I actually think Poppilo's is the worse looking one. Hoping it will be fire ground or fire dark, although it looks fire fighting.
Care to give any reasoning as to why you hate popplio's evolutionary design? I, on the contrary, find it my absolute favourite design of this generation and it is probably my favourite design for a water type starter as well, it's just so damn fkn majestic and its typing perfectly fits with the design. I have heard people complaining about it looking feminine, but I would say most starters look more masculine than anything so I find popplio's Evo honestly quite refreshing.

Reactions: JES
Care to give any reasoning as to why you hate popplio's evolutionary design? I, on the contrary, find it my absolute favourite design of this generation and it is probably my favourite design for a water type starter as well, it's just so damn fkn majestic and its typing perfectly fits with the design. I have heard people complaining about it looking feminine, but I would say most starters look more masculine than anything so I find popplio's Evo honestly quite refreshing.
I feel like all these designs are a bit weird and unfitting. They will probably look better in the actual 3d graphics.

"I don't like the Popplio evo because it looks feminine," they say, completely ignoring Chikorita and Fennekin.

On that note, Popplio's 'leaked' evo is probably my favorite of the three. Still going Rowlet though.

"I don't like the Popplio evo because it looks feminine," they say, completely ignoring Chikorita and Fennekin.

On that note, Popplio's 'leaked' evo is probably my favorite of the three. Still going Rowlet though.
I actually quite like feminine designs. The Fennekin line and Gardevoir are good examples of this. The reason I said I didn't like the final leaked Evo was because it was so different from the original starter.

Why people think that Litten final evo is Fire Fighting ? Of course, it's beefy ! But I think Fire Dark fits more due to color scheme andit can fight so deceitful and it's the definition of dark type

Why people think that Litten final evo is Fire Fighting ? Of course, it's beefy ! But I think Fire Dark fits more due to color scheme andit can fight so deceitful and it's the definition of dark type
it's more the bipedal beefiness that people don't like imo. Although a lot of people get the Dark- typing, it's still a frustratingly "I'm a fighting type" design

I know it's a little off topic from what we're talking about right now, but I was reading past posts and came apon Marshadow and, having looked extensively at the maps today, I realized something.
OK, so earlier today I did an extensive analysis on the islands and what they could be/what I could figure out.
While reading the posts, I came upon the name Marshadow, a name I'd been curios about. After the map thing, I realized the name is basically made up of Marsh + Shadow. What does this have anything to do with the map?
There's a foggy marsh on one of the islands. Not only that, but it's got a weird stone ruins-like building, and a weird pedastal/shrine looking thing next to said marsh. So I think that this island, ignoring the fact that it's the biggest one, It's probably home to one (if not many) important plot points in the game.

(sorry if this has been mentioned before, I just REALLY had to get out my excitement.)

I think standalone, the design of the Popplio evolution in the "leak" is good, but the fact that it's an overtly female (I get a couple of the starters are feminine, but this is actually female) design for a Pokemon that traditionally is predominantly male gendered is rather strange. Also it seems rather far off in personality from the silly, slightly boyish Popplio. That is really my issue with the leaked designs in general is that they seem to preserve very little of the original starters somehow, and I honestly loved all 3 of the original designs. I've already given up hope that any evolution could match Popplio's perfection though! If the leaked evolutions are real, they'll be adequate but nothing special to me.

Similarly, if Rockruff will indeed be a werewolf, I rather hope they can preserve some of the original charm of Rockruff itself and not pull some sort of Magikarp->Gyarados thing

I think Meganium and Delphox are both gender neutral. One is just a mage wearing a robe ( Braixen IS feminine looking, though, I'll give you that) and the other is basically a dinosaur, I don't see how that's either masculine or not. Besides, nobody is really ignoring Delphox or Meganium; they're both pretty terrible too.

Anyways, out of the 3 'leaked' evos Rowlet's is probably the only one I think it's passable, the others are all just too over the top for my taste.

I think Meganium and Delphox are both gender neutral. One is just a mage wearing a robe ( Braixen IS feminine looking, though, I'll give you that) and the other is basically a dinosaur, I don't see how that's either masculine or not. Besides, nobody is really ignoring Delphox or Meganium; they're both pretty terrible too.

Anyways, out of the 3 'leaked' evos Rowlet's is probably the only one I think it's passable, the others are all just too over the top for my taste.
Well there's Braixen, and then Chikorita's name is basically Chicory + ita (female Spanish for "small") according to Bulbapedia. I always got a fem vibe from it.

But either way, it really doesn't matter. My point was we've already had (in my eyes) feminine mons and it's not a big deal. Although as far as utility goes yeah they suck.

Not a big deal.

On that other topic, anyone have any ideas for what Marshadow will be like?
I was actually thinking it'd be a grass/ghost or water/ghost type. Mostly from the name and where it comes from, plus the fact that (correct me if I'm wrong here) the leaker said the it had a interesting/unique typing.

I was actually thinking it'd be a grass/ghost or water/ghost type. Mostly from the name and where it comes from, plus the fact that (correct me if I'm wrong here) the leaker said the it had a interesting/unique typing.
That's true, it was part of the leak! Although I'm assuming they might mean an all new typing we've never seen before (if it's believable of course) so I wouldn't look to any water typing. A Ghost or Dark type sounds good though, I'm expecting Dark/[something].

That's true, it was part of the leak! Although I'm assuming they might mean an all new typing we've never seen before (if it's believable of course) so I wouldn't look to any water typing. A Ghost or Dark type sounds good though, I'm expecting Dark/[something].
oooh you're right. I completely forgot about frillish and its line. It could go the complete opposite way and be something like poison/fairy
I just actually realized something.
It could totally be that islant's version of tapu koko (guardians?) and have a misty terrain ability. :0 and as far as i know there isn't a poison fairy type yet.

although I'm pretty sure it won't be, (Considering the fact that theres some ice mountain on one, a volcanic activity place on another, and a Large tree on the last + tapu koko) and the fact that during an eclipse a shadow is cast on something, but it was just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)