SM Doubles OU Gen 7 OU Doubles Team, Common Weakness in Ground, Steel, and Posion

Hi Raters,
I've been playing with this for team a while and it can get me by but, there are some problems I'm not sure how to fix.

Here's the team.
Primarina @ assault vest /Liquid Voice
Bold 140 HP/ 172 Def/ 148 SpA/ 44 SpD
Hyper voice/ Moonblast/ Psychic/ Shadow ball

The only problem I've been having with Primarina has been damage out put and if i should use Psychic or Energy ball. It's good at putting out small chip that adds up.

Lurantis @ Life Orb /Contrary
Adamant 204 HP/ 196 Atk/ 108 SpD
Superpower/ Knockoff/ Leech life/ LeafBlade

Survive ability is the problem with Lurantis. I always want to switch into Lando or Tapu Fini but it doesn't take hits the best. should I invest more into SpD or Def because i'm not to sure which would be more important

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z /Electric Terrain
Adamant 104 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Def/ 144 Spd
Wildcharge/ Skydrop/ U-turn/ Protect

Tapu koko is a good lead and surprise tool even if you take an intimidate. the opponent switches to a special defensive mon so you get the high damage wild charge hit. the only problem is should I run Skydrop or Brave bird and op for damage and switch my item for a 50% berry as it is my second z crystal user.

Lopunny @ lopunnite/ Limber
Jolly 232 Atk/ 24 Def/ 252 Spd
Return/ High Jump Kick/ Ice punch/ Protect

Lopunny, my second main lead with Tapu Koko in most situations is really good coverage and I wouldn't change her that much. Maybe the EV spread but i'm not sure if I were to have fakeout where to put it. Ice puch is relied on a lot and is a very good pressure tool against garchomp, lando, and grass types in general.

Sylveon @ choice specs/ Pixilate
Modest 240 SpA/ 16 Def/ 252 SpA
Hyper voice/ helping hand/ protect/ Babydoll eyes

Sylveon is a big core on the team and a good spread damage out put. sylveon also is very good against almost all dragons and has no trouble taking down plus two SpD kommo-o, who sees preveliance sometimes.

alolan-Raichu @ aloriachunium z/ surge surfer
Modest 104 HP/ 20 Def/ 252 SpA/ 132 Spd
Thunderbolt/surf/psychic/protect

alolan riachu is very good at late game damage and out speeds. 1 shoting mega charzard y isn't a big deal but is seen often and eaisly outspeeds in terrain.
dies to EQ eaisly though

Conclusion
This team is know for the simple reads and mindgames but can't quite get the damage and has trouble in certain matchups. I don't think more than 1 mon needs to change but the team could still use some improvement.

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hi Urkee,

One major issue with your team is the lack of thought put into the team choices. The current state of the team looks very much like you've just thrown together 6 random Pokemon without much thought about how they play together; as you pointed out, the team has a number of common weaknesses. Since team synergy is very important in DOU (as in most formats), I don't think you can get away with this at higher-level play. One thing I'd recommend is starting around a core of 2-3 Pokemon that work well together (for example: Tapu Koko + Alolan Raichu), and then building off that core to try to make up for its weaknesses, etc.

It's difficult to rate a team when the descriptions are this sparse - as a rater, I don't understand why each Pokemon is put on the team, and what its role is, so I can't accurately critique it. I'd encourage you to take a look over the team, ask yourself which Pokemon are key to the team and which aren't, and what each Pokemon does. After you have a better idea of what each Pokemon does, perhaps you can update this post and try to get a more thorough rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)