GameFAQs vs. Smogon tryouts/substitutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For those wondering, there is a rule that you must not be some random person who just joined Smogon. Same applies to GameFAQs (using a 75 karma account requirement). Not sure how Smogon members will be judged.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah..

I got to the Semi Finals of Smogon #3, not having an easy match for the whole tournament. But I'm still not mentioned by anyone and that doesn't bother me, because I still know there are "Better" or at least more well known people on here who chaos and other mods can vouch for.

I highly doubt that randoms would be accepted.

Lol i would like too play

I am known as "wrinty" on shoddy and have battled a few people on those list you have up...

Well im guess im not gonna be a starter well how bout a sub.

And i recommend i dont know becuase everybody ive battled is on the list already...

Well I don't think it's fair because half of the people who will be battling are either friends or just plain jack@sses you think that everybody else is weak and shouldn't get a chance even though they are pretty good.
If you're so hellbent on showing your mettle, play along the GameFAQs users and show us (well not me haha, I likely won't be in it).

Seriously I'm starting to agree with chaos about this whole thing sucking shit, it's not that anybody doubts anyone else's skill but if you're a new member that joined up within the last month we're obviously not going to completely rely on you.

Also Firestorm, even if chaos asks you to play for us are you going to play for GameFAQS?

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey, if no one else vouches for Havak, I will.

We might just be getting an overflow of good people though, so don't be disappointed if you don't make it...

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well I don't think it's fair because half of the people who will be battling are either friends or just plain jack@sses you think that everybody else is weak and shouldn't get a chance even though they are pretty good.
No you idiot. The point is that both sides need to use players who are actually members of their respective communities. If you want to join an individual tournament on the site, there's really nothing stopping you. Team tournaments work a bit differently.

Yeah Yoshi King, I already accepted the offer at GameFAQs. Although there seems to be some drama going on there. This thing has gone from an interesting idea to stupidity pretty fast.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey, if no one else vouches for Havak, I will.

We might just be getting an overflow of good people though, so don't be disappointed if you don't make it...
Yeah, I wouldn't mind only being a sub or whatever. I'd want Smogon to go in with their strongest team of players, obviously. So if that means I don't get to play, then so be it. :)

Yeah, I wouldn't mind only being a sub or whatever. I'd want Smogon to go in with their strongest team of players, obviously. So if that means I don't get to play, then so be it. :)
Agreed fully. I doubt I'll even be a sub, I've barely battled anyone, haha. Maybe when competitor comes out or something...

Anyways, Firestorm, sorry to hear about that, but such is life. Best of luck to you!

I'm interested trying out for a substitute spot, I've got a fair share of experience playing. I had a pretty good record on wifi when I was playing (to anyone who may remember me, I was the guy with the tentacruel). I play on shoddy now, and I've done pretty well there too.

Speaking of wifi, I reccommend lilwatz as well, he was an incredible player.

Yea I haven't really done any tournaments on smogon, but I've done some on gamefaqs and came out on top numerous times, without even a team I'd say is good. I've also done fairly well on shoddy. I'd be happy if I could tryout to be a sub or something, which I doubt with everyone else around who is known to be good will probably fill up all the spots, but its worth a shot =/

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I put this in the other thread, but I suppose I should post here as well. I'm quite proficient on Shoddy if a spot needs to be filled.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
ok, I just cleaned up a bunch of stupid posts. guys stop asking if you'll be chosen every 3 posts. don't bother trying to tell other people that they are too new to be chosen either... you aren't the one choosing.

if you aren't going to recommend someone or post to show your interest, please don't post garbage in this thread.

If I could make a proposal, and I'm sure someone has thought of or is planning this, but maybe make a tournament to find people who aren't exactly known to be good (Smogon Idol lol). With the amount of recommendations though it looks like there won't be too many spots to compete for though

i had another account, but i just made this one since more people know me now.

i would like to throw myself out there for recommendations for smogon's side of course.

and i recommend Taylor, he's da bomb

i have done alot of wifi battle tournaments on this site called pokegym.net and i have won about 3 tournies. They were 16 player tournies mind you and i won a gamestop tourny. I also attended 3 Pojo tournaments and won 2/3. My record on Wifi is 92-4 so thats a pretty darn good record considering i have played against a bunch of different people.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
id like to register for the tournament, as I believe that i could hold my own against some of the better battlers out there, having had many good battles against some of the members who are already in or are being considered, such as Firestorm, cloud and hip (just lost to him 1-0 then). Anyway as for recommendations, I'd say Discord is a very underrated battler, and capable of holding his own against most people.

I'd love to play, if you're still looking for people. I don't have any tournament experience, but I suppose I'm decent. Look me up on Shoddy and judge my skills for yourself.

I'd love to play as well.

I nominate Mysterious Stallion, because he's fucking good. He makes surprises work well. And as I previously stated, he's quite good.

chaos told me to nominate users in this thread so...

I definitely second Maniaclyrasist. He's a good battler with a lot of DP experience. Lilwartz and pablomeza are also decent DP battlers.

I'm actually against tacho being able to participate for smogon. Back when he used to go on gamefaqs (about a week ago), he used to lose to all kinds of bad players because he just gets too cocky, from what he's told me. I don't think he should be representing us.

Yeah, lilwartz is extremely underrated and he's one of the best and only surviving member in my Boring Tournament team. He's pulled out a ton of close victories against me and has an arsenal of well bred Pokemon if he's vouching for WiFi.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm actually against tacho being able to participate for smogon. Back when he used to go on gamefaqs (about a week ago), he used to lose to all kinds of bad players because he just gets too cocky, from what he's told me. I don't think he should be representing us.
Are you referring to me? =(

I think you guys could use tacho, but that is because I respect him as a teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)