ORAS OU fuck mence(ORAS Glalie team)

I like Glalie very much. If there were one pokemon I could own, it would either be Glalie or Dugtrio. But sadly, Glalie is an FU shitmon(shoutouts to FU for being a great meta) that was outclassed in everything it could do. Then ORAS came along, giving Glalie a boost and a neckbeard. Glalie was the first thing I wanted to build around. So I went about building with Glalie. Without further ado, here is my thought process:

Glalie was the first thing I started out with. After some playtesting with Glalie, I realized that it wasn't really the best spikestacker, but having arguably the strongest Ice attacks in OU(possibly even the entire game) and Ground coverage+priority, I realized it has a niche as a wallbreaker. Explosion clean KOes anything that doesn't resist it(non defense invested Shuckle is cleanly OHKOed if Sturdy is broken) and it's still strong outside of Explosion. Once Freeze-Dry is released, prepare your anuses for Glalie.

So then, I focused on what Glalie struggles with: lack of switchin opportunities and relative lack of speed.

This VoltTurn core is hella splashable. It covers alot while providing a source of safe switches and hazards. CM+Volt Switch Raikou is really good. It doubles as a pivot and cleaner which nicely takes advantage of Glalie's wallbreaking abilities while also providing it with safe switches. Landorus-T is a solid blanket check to the meta, while also being immune to Volt Switch while also having access to U-turn, rocks, and EdgeQuake. Together, these form my VoltTurn core that gets members of my team in safely.

Now that this team has a hazard weak mon and will be doing alot of switching, I realized I needed a hazard remover.

Latios is a great hazard remover and hole puncher. While its speed tier may not be that great in ORAS, 110 is still 110 and its important as fuck. There isn't really too much to say here.

After this, I realized I had no reliable check to Mega Lopunny

Keldeo is a reliable revenge killer to Mega Lopunny and a bunch of other things, so it got added. Its a Water type, and it can clean up after Glalie breaks something in 3 halves.

Then I needed Steel type that could also clean.

Bisharp is strong, Defiant, and fabulous. Nothing much else to say here.

So now you understand my thought processes, so now lets get to the team

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard/Taunt
- Double-Edge/Return
- Explosion/Facade
- Earthquake
Glalie is strong as fuck. Like KOing a Shuckle from any end regardless of investment with one move is hilarious. So anyways, Taunt is slashed with Ice Shard as Taunt allows it to be a great stallbreaker with all that power and coverage. Double-Edge or Return is personal preference, I prefer Double-Edge because I'm a power hungry mofo. Explosion is for when you aren't gonna survive another hit and want to KO something or put a huge dent in it. Earthquake nails Heatran, which is the only thing I know of that doesn't take 50%+ from Explosion. But seriously, Glalie is underrated and should be used more.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
Pivot #1 and SR Setter. The EV spread may or may not be outdated, but let me know. Stone Edge allows it to touch Salamence, which is a broken piece of shit that should be banned immediately. It also has a nifty Electric immunity, which stops things like Rotom-W from just spamming VS and gaining momentum on me 24/7. It also synergizes pretty well with Raikou.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Cleaner #1 and pivot #2. The spread listed allows it to outspeed Thundurus, and set up on it with CMs. Volt Switch because its great to be a pivot and cleaner at the same time. It also has an uncanny advantage over almost every Water, which Glalie hates having to face. It also relieves some pressure off of Landorus-T to handle birdspam, which is always a good thing.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
It revenge kills Greninja, Mega Lopunny, Scarf Lando, Gyarados, and alot more. It can clean after Glalie breaks stuff open, and it has a great typing that synergizes well with my team in general. HP Electric is interchangeable with Icy Wind because Salamence is a piece of shit, but thats just personal preference. Also Scald is still a bitch to switch into because 30=100 in pokemon. i am also positive this is under 3 lines despite looking like 4 when posting it

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog
Latios is here as a hazard remover, and check to things. I prefer Latios>Latias because I feel the offensive presence is more important, and I almost never click Healing Wish. HP Fire allows me to solve issues with Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn, and some other stuff. It also suffers as a victim of the Ice Shard prominence, but that will all be rectified as soon as Salamence scoots off to ubers, where it belongs.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
Bisharp is my Steel and cleaner #3. Black Glasses because of an experience with AM where I would have won if I had Black Glasses over Life Orb, but Life Orb can be used if you feel like the extra power is worth it. Anyways, standard spread, and Defiant is useful because of the popularity of Salamence, and its SR weakness, which means more defoggers for Bisharp to prey on. Also beats that CM Stored Power Substitute set that Mega Latias runs.

anyways, hope you enjoyed and preview better not have lied to me

Glalie @ Glalitite
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Double-Edge
- Explosion
- Earthquake

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Lol yeah I remember that match.

Anyways drop the IVs in Latios to 0 attacks. You still maintain HP Fire and reduce Foul Play damage. I think Return is better over Double-Edge cause that recoil you get is brutal on M-Glalie and it wants to maintain as much longevity as possible. Since you're not going for Spikes I'd probably go with a set such as this.
Glalie @ Glalitite
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Explosion

Same deal with Raikou as it was with Latios in terms of dropping the IVs in attack to 0, for same reasons.

In terms of everything else there's not much to change without being more subjective. Life Orb Bisharp does more consistent damage and I think that was just an unlucky matchup vs you and I in terms of how it went down. I would still keep it to make your matchup with M-Manectric+Lando-T cores more beneficial but that's just myself. Good work GarTar.

Yo that was an amazing team.... I liked it alot but would like to point some things out. Like you could go for life orb over black glasses on bisharp and drop the attack IVs on all specially inclined poke to 0 reducing the damage from foul play and confusion. Also instead of cm on raikou you could use shadow Ball or extrasensory and change leftovers to AV. This gives you the ability to tank special attacks better and since it's primarily part of your volt-turn core so there isn't much point of having cm.

Glhf playing :D

Really digging the squad, I'd say the only changes or suggestions would be (as aforementioned), Return/Frustration > Double-Edge simply because longevity is always good to maintain. After testing Glalie a lot as well, V-Turn is by far probably the best strategy to release the potential it could have. Nice team, nice RMT, well put together.

Hey Smog Frog, really solid team, just one thing that I think could help you overall.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
EVs: 96 HP / 240 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance / Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

When using black glasses bisharp, I will almost always use a bulkier set. This set avoids the 2hko from banded t'flames brave bird after rocks. The speed outspeeds 44 speed rotom wash and the rest is put into attack. This set I think will work better for you're team because sd tflame looks like a huge threat, and this can deal with it better, as well as it being a better switch in to the lati's, which look deadly for your team. Pursuit is an option to synergise well with keld which loves the lati's removed, but if you are looking for a cleaner sd is the way to go. 96 HP also avoids the mega metagross ko with earthquake if its jolly.

252 Atk Metagross Earthquake vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 238-280 (80.6 - 94.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Best of luck and hope I helped!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)