Monotype Flying-type team, ready to sweep

Introduction

Disclaimer: I'm italian and my english is not perfect, so there could be errors in the text even if I will check a hundred times. Please be gentle.

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and I wanted to present you this flying-type team that I created nearly two weeks ago. Everything started with a for-fun team using every generation base normal/flying-type pokemon. There I saw how good staraptor could be and decided to delete the other pokemons to build a serious team. On the current day after playing for a week with this team I gained nearly 200 points in the ladder, going from about 1100 to about 1300 and I saw it's working pretty well, so I wanted to ask a bit of help to refine it.

According to the suggestions of Dil I've decided to split up the team in two ways: one more offensive and one more defensive.

Teambuilding Process

Everything started from him. We can say Staraptor was the core of the team, and even if I didn't use him a lot, every time he enters in the field he does a pretty nice work.

I wanted a viable mega in my team and I chose Aerodactyl because the Rock-type gives to the team some resistances and in addition I tested that Mega Aerodactyl with just one Hone Claws is capable of sweeping an entire team for his incredible speed.

Hawlucha in reality came last. Before at his place I had Scyther, but I noticed that he wasn't really helpful, so I switched to something more useful, adding the Fighting-type to the team.

Zapdos was my first choice for a wall, and it will always be. He can work as an excellent tank and use defog, and even take down some treats that are vulnerable to Electric-type.

Xatu is here for his ability. I thought that I needed magic bounce to counter some pokemons that wants to stall you out and for having an hazard setter without the need to take one. In second place he became a special defensive wall.

Dragonite is another good sweeper (which is the core theme of the team - I mean sweeping - ), and with just one boost he can take down a pretty large amount of opponents. Plus it adds the Dragon-type coverage.

I put Lando-T to have intimidate on the team and the Electric-type immunity, which I suffered a lot. I swapped Hawlucha for him because it was too much situational.

I changed Xatu for Honchkcrow because I figured that I needed a prankster immune pokemon (#hateklefki). This change was done with the add of Lando-T and I didn't know there that I wouldn't need a prankster immune pokemon.

In the end I saw I was too much vulnerable on Earth-type match-ups and so I decided to take MegaY Charizard to put up the sun and fire solar beams to those hateful gastrodons. In order to do this i changed to Sash Aerodactyl.

The Team

Goon (Staraptor) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn
Staraptor has not a sufficient amount of speed that grants him too outspeed other sweepers, so it's here with the choice band to kill the opponent's walls or annoying bulky pokemons like Tyranitar, Scizor, Bisharp, Snorlax, Rhyperior, etc. I haven't used him a lot because the other sweepers cover for him if I manage to play in the right way, but 90% of the time he oneshots who he attacks. I'm still not sure if keeping Jolly nature or if it's better to switch to Adamant for more consistent damage considering that he is a wall killer. The moves are pretty self-explainable:
- Brave Bird and Double-Edge are STAB and boosted from Reckless, granting maximum damage
- Close Combat offers a really good coverage and saved me against Rock-type teams
- U-turn makes him serve as a scout or to break Focus Sash, which my team suffers

Pterrox (Aerodactyl) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Iron Head
- Hone Claws
Losing the mega aerodactyl is not good like it was before, but it can still do a pretty good job, especially against Fairy-type teams which lead with Diancie and do not expect a x4 Iron Head. Apart the changes he functions exactly like before, set up hone claws and than attack. Careful to hold your sash tight.

Rolling (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn
After playing a little I noticed that scarf Lando-T is really good and he offers a lot of help to the team, especially the Electric immunity. Plus he's good at destroying Earth-type weak teams with his speed. And the Intimidate helps me to even wall physicals sweepers if I have type advantage.

Zapper (Zapdos) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost
One of the best physical walls I have ever played. Zapdos can hold a lot of pokemons and even function as a sweeper even if setted as a tank when facing Electric-type weak teams. I chose Rocky Helmet on top of Leftovers because I wanted a little more damage to punish the physical attacker, and the recover is good with Roost.

Warlord (Charizard-Mega-Y) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Roost
- Air Slash
This is my answer to the teams that set up weather conditions and mainly to Earth-type team, which I figured I couldn't hit that hard and could stall me out. The set is pretty standard and I chose to not take roost for recovery to put more pressure, but you can use it if you prefer a safer play.

Fister (Dragonite) (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance
Just one Dragon Dance placed in the right way (when they broke multiscale with a supereffective attack, leaving you at +3 ATK and +1 SPE. And you have Extreme Speed). I chose Fire Punch on top of other elemental moves mainly for Ice-type, but it can cover what Dragon and Normal cannot hit that hard. I noticed that with just a +1 some pokemons won't go down and can kill Dragonite pretty fast after breaking the passive, so there is to be careful.
Burn can put him down pretty fast, this was the reason why I had Lum Berry on him before, but I figured that there are more supereffective moves on top of burn users, so I switched to Weakness Policy.

Conclusion

Team goal
After the changes the goal of the team is still to sweep the opponents squads, but with a more safe thought behind, instead of recklessly charging at them like it was before. Now apart from Dragonite there's no need to set up and so I can have safer switches to keep the momentum.

Threats
I still haven't found an answer to Ice-type teams, which 90% of the time destroy me.

Conclusion
Now I feel more comfortable with the team, and I like it more this way than it was before with all those set-ups. I am improving too in decision-making, and I hope to be even better in the future.

Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Pterrox (Aerodactyl) (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Iron Head
- Hone Claws

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Warlord (Charizard-Mega-Y) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Air Slash

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

BALANCED VARIANT

The Team

Beep Boop (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic / Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect
Standard Celesteela defensive set, to completely annoy the enemies and take physical hits. If you don't feel comfortable with toxic or have problems with steel/grass/bug types you can switch to Relaxed nature and use Flamethrower on top of it.

Pterrox (Aerodactyl-Mega) (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head / Earthquake
- Hone Claws
This is pretty much like it was in the offensive team, just one set-up and than you are ready to hit like a truck pretty much everyone. If you feel you don't need Iron Head you can always switch to Earthquake, which still does a pretty good job.

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn
After playing a little I noticed that scarf Lando-T is really good and he offers a lot of help to the team, especially the Electric immunity. Plus he's good at destroying Earth-type weak teams with his speed. And the Intimidate helps me to even wall physicals sweepers if I have type advantage.

Zapper (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Toxic
Having Mantine on the team as a SPdefensive and Celesteela as a defensive I chose to build Zapdos more aggressive to take advantage of his high special attack.

Leviathan (Mantine) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Haze
This is a really good answer to water aggressive teams, especially to Greninja and Kingdra, has sustain, can remove hazards and block set-up sweepers. This close the circle of what we really need.

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance
Just one Dragon Dance placed in the right way (when they broke multiscale with a supereffective attack, leaving you at +3 ATK and +1 SPE. And you have Extreme Speed). I chose Fire Punch on top of other elemental moves mainly for Ice-type, but it can cover what Dragon and Normal cannot hit that hard. I noticed that with just a +1 some pokemons won't go down and can kill Dragonite pretty fast after breaking the passive, so there is to be careful.
Burn can put him down pretty fast, this was the reason why I had Lum Berry on him before, but I figured that there are more supereffective moves on top of burn users, so I switched to Weakness Policy.

Beep Boop (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Hone Claws

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Zapper (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Toxic

Leviathan (Mantine) (F) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Haze

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

Last edited:

Lu

Said the Moon to the Thief
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
The Team

Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn
Staraptor has not a sufficient amount of speed that grants him too outspeed other sweepers, so it's here with the choice band to kill the opponent's walls or annoying bulky pokemons like Tyranitar, Scizor, Bisharp, Snorlax, Rhyperior, etc. I haven't used him a lot because the other sweepers cover for him if I manage to play in the right way, but 90% of the time he oneshots who he attacks. I'm still not sure if keeping Jolly nature or if it's better to switch to Adamant for more consistent damage considering that he is a wall killer. The moves are pretty self-explainable:
- Brave Bird and Double-Edge are STAB and boosted from Reckless, granting maximum damage
- Close Combat offers a really good coverage and saved me when Hawlucha was killed against Rock-type teams
- U-turn makes him serve as a scout or to break Focus Sash, which my team suffers

Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Hone Claws
I don't have too much to say on Mega Aerodactyl, he is just so good! Versus the teams that have a core type weak to Flying and/or Rock can easily lead, set up an Hone Claws and then start the sweep. He has not that much weaknesses and even if I lose him, he surely has done his job and the others can complete it. I chose Earthquake for the third attack move because the team lacks Earth-type moves and I thought he was the better one to hold it.

El Nino (Hawlucha) (M) @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Sky Attack
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Iron Head
Hawlucha is my finisher. I send him out when there is a slower pokemon on who he can use Sky Attack to activate Unburden and when I'm sure that he can almost oneshot every pokemon remained to my opponent (cough High Jump Kick misses cough). Iron Head is there for Diancies and Fairy-type pokemons in general.

Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost
One of the best physical walls I have ever played. Zapdos can hold a lot of pokemons and even function as a sweeper even if setted as a tank when facing Electric-type weak teams. I chose Rocky Helmet on top of Leftovers because I wanted a little more damage to punish the physical attacker, and the recover is good with Roost. Defog is there for the times that I fail to use Xatu for bounce hazards back.

Kulana (Xatu) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
Magic Bounce rocks! (You got the joke? Rocks. Bouncing Stealth Rocks. Ok, that was bad, sorry)
Speaking seriously, I noticed that this ability saved me a lot of times from status moves, then permitting me to counter attack starting to set up with Calm Mind and defending behind Substitute if I face a special attacking pokemon after a few Calm Minds, when the substitute can completely block the damages without fading. At that point I can finish to boost and start to sweep while being protected from special attacks.
One weakness: physical attacks completely destroy him.

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

Conclusion
Team goal
Very simple, as you can tell from the pokemons the goal of this team is to set up a minimum and then sweep everything, or try to do it. Apart Zapdos and Staraptor the other members need a simple set up to sweep better (Unburden on Hawlucha, Hone Claws on Aerodactyl, etc.). I know it can be childish and it can seem a fragile strategy, it's for this that I'm asking for help

Threats
In the various games that I have played I noticed that I suffer A LOT from physical sweepers after my Zapdos dies, and this is most likely to happen against team where I have type disadvantage.
Mega Diancie: without any boost if I don't have Unburden active on Hawlucha he can almost sweep my entire team. I haven't found yet a way to counter him.

Conclusion
I had a lot of fun with this team, because apart from the possibility to sweep an entire team with a single pokemon it is really possible to turn the tables in most of the cases. I'm aware that it has his own weaknesses and maybe I haven't seen them all with just 4/5 hours of gameplay, but I think it's pretty solid and with some adjustments it can be a really good team

The first thing I noticed and it's something that I like, is that the team isn't what we would call as "Generic" at least not all the team or the way it's made.
But I can't get off my mind two important points of your team (and one of them being one of your main threats):

•Aside from Zapdos, you've no reliable mon to take or absorb the electric hits from opposing mons, (not counting Dnite, since it's not its job to be a safe switch-in to tank hits). Also having in mind that if you're facing some kind of electric monotype, they'll have Tapu Koko to boost super effective or neutral hits with it's terrain + stab.

•You need some bulky neutrality to Mega Diancie. Since the only mon you've that can beat Diance is Hawlucha, and since it's somewhat frail and "one use per game", I would recommend doing a switch in your team for something bulkier that has a type that resists both of it's stabs.

With E. Terrain

252 SpA Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Zapdos in Electric Terrain: 297-351 (77.5 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Possible damage amounts: (297, 301, 304, 307, 312, 315, 318, 322, 325, 328, 333, 336, 339, 343, 346, 351)

252 SpA Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Zapdos in Electric Terrain: 297-351 (77.5 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Possible damage amounts are the same as above.

+1 252 SpA Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Zapdos in Electric Terrain: 444-523 (115.9 - 136.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (444, 450, 454, 460, 465, 471, 475, 481, 486, 492, 496, 502, 507, 513, 517, 523)

Without E. Terrain
252 SpA Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Zapdos: 198-234 (51.6 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (198, 201, 202, 205, 207, 210, 211, 214, 217, 219, 222, 223, 226, 228, 231, 234)

+1 252 SpA Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Zapdos: 297-349 (77.5 - 91.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (297, 300, 303, 307, 310, 313, 318, 321, 324, 328, 331, 334, 339, 342, 345, 349)
Special Koko

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Zapdos in Electric Terrain: 289-342 (75.4 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (289, 294, 297, 300, 303, 307, 310, 313, 318, 321, 324, 327, 331, 334, 337, 342)

252 SpA Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Zapdos in Electric Terrain: 397-468 (103.6 - 122.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (397, 402, 406, 411, 415, 420, 424, 430, 435, 439, 444, 448, 453, 457, 462, 468)

To give you something to work with that's not defensive and that can also be a good choice, you could use scarfed Landorus-T or Rock Polish + SD Lando-T.
-Its ground typing makes him immune to electric attacks, something that will help you against those hard-hitting stab boosted electric attacks, and his stab boosted ground attacks or rock attacks can help you.
-It pressures Diancie.
-It has Intimidate, which helps you against those physical attackers.

To help with that annoying Mega Diancie, you can go for an offensive Celesteela with autotomize and, if you want, Weakness Policy.
-It's Steel typing grants you a resistance against fairy attacks, this can help you cover Hawlucha and Dragonite. It also grants a rock neutrality while giving you good pressure against Diancie that can force it into a switch or deal serious damage to it.
-It can resist those physical attackers you suffer of after Zapdos.

I don't really find a mon to switch for Lando, but I would switch Hawlucha since they both can do well as a fast and hard hitter, while pressuring Diancie.
Celesteela isn't really that necessary but you can use it instead of Lando if you feel like it.

I tried my best to don't change the team so far, but the best I've managed to get to keep the offensive style of it was suggesting Scarf or Double Dance Lando. :(

Last edited:

The first thing I noticed and it's something that I like, is that the team isn't what we would call as "Generic" at least not all the team or the way it's made.
But I can't get off my mind two important points of your team (and one of them being one of your main threats):

•Aside from Zapdos, you've no reliable mon to take or absorb the electric hits from opposing mons, (not counting Dnite, since it's not it's job to be a safe switch-in to tank hits). Also having in mind that if you're facing some kind of electric monotype, they'll have Tapu Koko to boost super effective or neutral hits with it's terrain + stab.

•You need some bulky neutrality to Mega Diancie. Since the only mon you've that can beat Diance is Hawlucha, and since it's somewhat frail and "one use per game", I would recommend doing a switch in your team for something bulkier that has a type that resists both of it's stabs.

With E. Terrain

252 SpA Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Zapdos in Electric Terrain: 297-351 (77.5 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Possible damage amounts: (297, 301, 304, 307, 312, 315, 318, 322, 325, 328, 333, 336, 339, 343, 346, 351)

252 SpA Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Zapdos in Electric Terrain: 297-351 (77.5 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Possible damage amounts are the same as above.

+1 252 SpA Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Zapdos in Electric Terrain: 444-523 (115.9 - 136.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (444, 450, 454, 460, 465, 471, 475, 481, 486, 492, 496, 502, 507, 513, 517, 523)

Without E. Terrain
252 SpA Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Zapdos: 198-234 (51.6 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (198, 201, 202, 205, 207, 210, 211, 214, 217, 219, 222, 223, 226, 228, 231, 234)

+1 252 SpA Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Zapdos: 297-349 (77.5 - 91.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (297, 300, 303, 307, 310, 313, 318, 321, 324, 328, 331, 334, 339, 342, 345, 349)
Special Koko

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Zapdos in Electric Terrain: 289-342 (75.4 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (289, 294, 297, 300, 303, 307, 310, 313, 318, 321, 324, 327, 331, 334, 337, 342)

252 SpA Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Zapdos in Electric Terrain: 397-468 (103.6 - 122.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (397, 402, 406, 411, 415, 420, 424, 430, 435, 439, 444, 448, 453, 457, 462, 468)

To give you something to work with that's not defensive and that can also be a good choice, you could use scarfed Landorus-T or Rock Polish + SD Lando-T.
-Its ground typing makes him immune to electric attacks, something that will help you against those hard-hitting stab boosted electric attacks, and his stab boosted ground attacks or rock attacks can help you.
-It pressures Diancie.
-It has Intimidate, which helps you against those physical attackers.

To help with that annoying Mega Diancie, you can go for an offensive Celesteela with autotomize and, if you want, Weakness Policy.
-It's Steel typing grants you a resistance against fairy attacks, this can help you cover Hawlucha and Dragonite. It also grants a rock neutrality while giving you good pressure against Diancie that can force it into a switch or deal serious damage to it.
-It can resist those physical attackers you suffer of after Zapdos.

I don't really find a mon to switch for Lando, but I would switch Hawlucha since they both can do well as a fast and hard hitter, while pressuring Diancie.
Celesteela isn't really that necessary but you can use it instead of Lando if you feel like it.

I tried my best to don't change the team so far, but the best I've managed to get to keep the offensive style of it was suggesting Scarf or Double Dance Lando. :(
I really thank you for helping me in improving my team. I'll highlight the changes in the main post in bold.
If you have other suggestions, even if they changes the style of the team I'll appreciate them, because I can change my mind on the type of the team, if it makes it better :)

Lu

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
I really thank you for helping me in improving my team. I'll highlight the changes in the main post in bold.
If you have other suggestions, even if they changes the style of the team I'll appreciate them, because I can change my mind on the type of the team, if it makes it better :)

Well, since this team was originally somewhat hyper offensive, changing it to something more defensive would ruin the original team theme. Maybe you can take whatever you like of this team and make a new team including things you like of this one and some suggestions.
If you're going to make a balanced or more offensive oriented flying monotype but without getting into hyper offense you can switch Xatu for Mantine as a special Wall and defogger and any other mon, maybe Staraptor, for Celesteela as a physical wall.

mantax.png

Mantine @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Haze

This Mantine set can help you with Greninja and Rain Sweeper Kingdra, being both a good threat to monotype flying since it's hard hitting stab boosted moves, and in some cases weather boosted

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mantine: 160-189 (42.7 - 50.5%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mantine: 74-88 (19.7 - 23.5%) -- possible 5HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mantine: 94-110 (25.1 - 29.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Screenshot_7.png

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Protect

This set can help you walling physical threats like Rain Sweeper Swampert or Scarfed Lando-T

252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela in Rain: 169-199 (42.4 - 50%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Landorus-Therian Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 84-99 (21.1 - 24.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Landorus-Therian Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 150-177 (37.6 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Lu

Mantine @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Haze

This Mantine set can help you with Greninja and Rain Sweeper Kingdra, being both a good threat to monotype flying since it's hard hitting stab boosted moves, and in some cases weather boosted
Actually, running 96 Spe evs on Mantine can help you outspeed 252 Spe Adamant Azu, which otherwise can threat the defensive variant a lot after a Belly Drum. This means you can sack something or switch in into the Belly Drum turn and then Haze it, sacking some of it's bulk, which isn't really a big problem since it can still wall what it's supposed to.

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Haze
The 96 Spe evs give Mantine an exact 200 speed stat, being Adamant Azu with 252 Spe investment 199 speed stat.
Ik this is kinda late, but it's better late than never I guess (?.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)