Flat Battle / Random Battle Discussion

Oh, something I forgot to mention: I saw a rain dance team a few days ago. Yes, a literal rain dance team; not a Drizzletoed in sight. Though it was pretty interesting.

heh i must bring over my wobuffet and finish up my dark void smeargle for doubles.

i beat a guy with endeavour aron, they quit after i fainted thier glaceon :(

doesnt help that the field is inbalanced to the japanese with thier suspisiously hacked looking ev trained good natured shinys and dream world pokes.
if they are going to let us battle then surly they should release everything at the same time.
anyway, any other dream world starters?
This thread might help you catch up a bit, with info on how to catch good rnged pokemon who are dream world exclusive (you'll need this for a decent eeveelution):
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83057

Gen V info for breeding shiny pokemon with flawless IVs:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3446600

^-~

Oh, something I forgot to mention: I saw a rain dance team a few days ago. Yes, a literal rain dance team; not a Drizzletoed in sight. Though it was pretty interesting.
I've fought a few of those, IIRC they used Whimsicott, Ludicolo, etc.

Kinda like the Stallrein that had Hail.

I played one guy who had a rain dancer on his team to break up opposing, in my case sand, weather. Rest of his team didn't seem to benefit from it so I'm guessing it was just to eliminate weather maybe. I've been seeing a surprising amount of Abomasnow lately.

I battled the most hardest raindance team the other day. He had a Politoad, Starmie, and a Vapareon. I had no problem with Politoad, but when it came to that Thunder+HP Fire Starmie and that Rest+Hydration Vapareon I thought the battle would never end.

So I'm guessing this is his moveset:

Starmie:
Natural Cure
HP Fire
Recover
Thunder
Protect

Vapareon:
Hydration
Toxic
Rest
Protect
Surf

So I had my first Random Battle, lost to critical hit, life-orb garchomp, move used was outrage.

Decided to have another battle, though I feared future opponents would d/c, turns out, I won my next battle, the team the guy used (must have been his first battle) was latios, feraligatr and blaziken.

Post battle, a message came up saying "connection with other region lost", I was able to save my battle video afterwards but does the message mean my opponent d/c whilst the info was sent to the server?

idk why, but I seen more trainers using Latios than I've seen Smergle with Dark Void in triple =S? Is Latios god or something?

idk why, but I seen more trainers using Latios than I've seen Smergle with Dark Void in triple =S? Is Latios god or something?
It's the same in Doubles, after a little over 500 battles I've seen Dark Void used exactly twice. I've seen probably 15 Latios though.

So I had my first Random Battle, lost to critical hit, life-orb garchomp, move used was outrage.

Decided to have another battle, though I feared future opponents would d/c, turns out, I won my next battle, the team the guy used (must have been his first battle) was latios, feraligatr and blaziken.

Post battle, a message came up saying "connection with other region lost", I was able to save my battle video afterwards but does the message mean my opponent d/c whilst the info was sent to the server?
Yes. Your win was counted, however, you don't get any points for it.

By the way, I just battled the Best. Lapras. Evar.

Lapras @Quick Claw
~Hydration
-Fissure
-Sheer Cold
-Rest
-???

Don't mess man. Don't. Mess.
Seriously though, I *almost* lost to this set. As oddly as it sounds, I would had lost had Fissure not hit Scizor. Gave him props for Hydration/Rest.

EDIT: Is it just me, or does practically every Salamence carry Aerial Ace?

Does raising your Pokemon to Lv. 100 matter in Flat Battles? Like I noticed that my Volcarona has different stats now that it's at Lv. 100 rather than Lv. 70 during Flat Battles.

Also, had two Single battles, 1 d/c and 1 win. The d/c was against this Japanese guy that used Latias, Metagross, and Heatran while I use Gengar, Swampert, and Haxorus. Gengar dies a pitful death, but Haxorus puts in a lot of work, killing Latias and Heatran while Swampert took the Bullet Punch and Explosion from Metagross.

Then he d/c -.-

The second battle happened like this: [82-69450-62810]

Does raising your Pokemon to Lv. 100 matter in Flat Battles? Like I noticed that my Volcarona has different stats now that it's at Lv. 100 rather than Lv. 70 during Flat Battles.
It shouldn't make a difference, unless you were missing some EVs.

Volcarona is worth getting to 100 just for the sake of learning Fiery Dance.

Just like to say that Eleketross is AMAZING. If it has time to set up more than one coil, it's really GG. Double GG if it's Chesto is still intact.

Just like to say that Eleketross is AMAZING. If it has time to set up more than one coil, it's really GG. Double GG if it's Chesto is still intact.
I've fought that exact set a few weeks ago (or a month ago, not sure), I posted it in the Creative Movesets thread lol

I'd never try hacking an illegal pokemon, but I am curious anyway what the rules are on pokemon with unobtainable egg move combinations. Does the game have a huge database of all the possible combinations of egg moves every single family can get, or was this part overlooked, and thus it is possible, for instance, to get Encore + Beat Up Whimsicott and others?

I'd never try hacking an illegal pokemon, but I am curious anyway what the rules are on pokemon with unobtainable egg move combinations. Does the game have a huge database of all the possible combinations of egg moves every single family can get, or was this part overlooked, and thus it is possible, for instance, to get Encore + Beat Up Whimsicott and others?
No, it only checks its movepool and abilities for hacks. You can have any combination you want (Like a glorious Modest Eruption Heatran or Timid AuraSphere/WeatherBall/ESpeed Raikou, or very possibly DrumJet Azumarill)

No, it only checks its movepool and abilities for hacks. You can have any combination you want (Like a glorious Modest Eruption Heatran or Timid AuraSphere/WeatherBall/ESpeed Raikou, or very possibly DrumJet Azumarill)
I faced a BellyDrum+Aqua Jet Azumarril once... It wrecked my team.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'd never try hacking an illegal pokemon, but I am curious anyway what the rules are on pokemon with unobtainable egg move combinations
One of the top 100 battle videos has Belly Drum + Aqua Jet according to this Japanese site: http://nokemon.appspot.com/bv/ . (Site analyzes the content of battle videos - I forgot which one had Bellyjet)

So yeah, illegal combinations are allowed (probably because they're too lazy to implement the illegal combos)

Interestingly though, it does look for moves that are legal depending on the generation of the pokemon. It told me I couldn't log in with due to an error, and the only new member of my team was a Scizor. The illegal move was roost, because it was a hatched in GenV scizor. Took a new scizor, same exact stats and moveset, but that came over from poketransfer, and was logged in no problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)