Fixing the scripts (by stealing from PO?)

Pretty sure JavaScript *does* support regex. Even if it doesn't, there's always a way to hard-code that stuff in.

I've seen plenty of instances where he's spammed using a username in no way related to "skarmpiss" (everyone knows it's him not from his name but from what he spams).
Javascript supports regex. period.
Anti-flood scripts can work for him.(Or whatever they are called)
i.e. Long line or multi line chat(3 lines?)==invisible muting

I'm aware of both issues, TM13IceBeam. However, I don't know enough Javascript to even *think* about writing a ban script for those things. There's really nothing we can do until PO fixes the problem.

Sarenji has informed me that there's already a character limit ban on our server that should be limiting the amount Skarmpiss can annoy (I haven't been on the server for more than a week, so I have no idea whether it's working).

Update: I've taken a gander at PO's scripts, and it looks like it's not going to be so much a matter of writing some new scripts as of redoing the ENTIRE script file. I've found how they do their Drizzle+SwSw ban, and it's COMPLETELY different from how ours is currently implemented. This is going to be a big project, especially since I've never worked with javascript before, but there are going to be some nice additional things I'll be taking from them. For example, the command "stopbattles," which you can issue before taking down the server to prevent people from starting new battles. ::drools::

Update 2: Going through the PO scripts, trying to see what I can ignore (the Mafia stuff, for instance) and what is relevant. There's a lot of neat stuff in here, like event pokemon nature-forcing, but for every gem like that I find, I find three stupid games.

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Updated databse without waiting for PO updates
You told me to post here saying you told me to Antar,anyways lke we talked on the server this modified db allows to use Superpower Contrary Spinda and Moxie Outrage Salamence without difficulties at all as well as everything that has come out since the manor update to the Dream World with every single move that was missing added.Installation is simple just extract on PO folder and allow it to change the old db folder for this one.

Okay, the PO scripts github is here: https://github.com/lamperi/po-server-goodies

So now, PO 1.0.32 is scheduled to be released Sunday (so says nixeagle).

We're going to hold off on upgrading until *at least* January 1, so that, if stuff goes wrong, at least it happens AFTER the tiers get updated.

Seeing as how none of us really know Javascript, I'm just going to attempt to do a hack job and merge PO's scripts with our own, hopefully taking out all the mafia crap and, where there's redundant functionality, we'll go with PO's implementation. There will be a testing period before anything goes live.

If anyone (especially, say, Sarenji) sees anything wrong with this plan, please let me know now.

Thank you.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can say as the one who stole the scripts and did a hack-slash job at putting them on the server that they did work for a few weeks. I guess upgrading broke them or something, not sure, but this is something that we should be prepared for.

In talking it over with Sarenji, it sounds like the real solution is for me to learn some Javascript (something I should be doing anyway), but I'm not sure I'll have the time.

My #1 priority is that the server is working and doing everything that we need it to do. If I have to do a hack job at first, so be it--we'll clean it up as the months progress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)