First UnderUsed Team - Featuring Mega Aggron!

I recently wandered into the unknown territory of UU. I was quite bored of losing over and over in OU, but I did learn how to play better and I also learned that I play the game itself better than I piece together teams. This time, I come with a defensive team featuring one of, if not THE most defensive mega - Aggron!

Aggron @ Aggronite - Impish Nature (Filter)
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Defense / 116 Sp. Defense / 4 Speed
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Aggron, as the team's name suggests, is my mega. It gets the highest base defense stat in the whole game - in fact, it's tied with Shuckle. With said defense and high base 140 attack, it's hard to see how Mega Aggron is even beatable at all. However, its base 70 HP stat is somewhat low (but it's just enough for Aggron to work) and it has a low base 80 special defense, making it suspectible to common moves such as Fire Blast and Focus Miss.

Xatu @ Leftovers - Careful Nature (Magic Bounce)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Defense / 4 Speed
- Night Shade
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Roost

Xatu is an odd case of a Pokémon. For one, it has terrible defenses and nothing really of note. When you take a closer look, you find Magic Bounce, one of the best and most rare abilities in the game. It is for Magic Bounce and Magic Bounce only that I use Xatu - to attempt to keep Stealth Rock off the field. Magic Bounce is especially handy when I anticipate Spikes or Toxic Spikes - and they go flying back to the other side of the field. Night Shade deals consistent damage, Toxic puts a timer on sweepers like Darmanitan, and U-turn is to gain a bit of momentum. Xatu is also the only Magic Bouncer with access to reliable recovery in Roost.

Rotom-H @ Leftovers - Bold Nature (Levitate)
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Defense / 44 Speed
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Rotom-H is a handy pivot who is a great partner to Xatu due to the fact that they form a small VoltTurn core. Overheat is necessary on Rotom-H, because (I think) Rotom-H turns back to its regular form if it forgets the move. Volt Switch is, again, to create a small VoltTurn core, Thunder Wave is to half the speed of opposing Pokemon, and Pain Split is reliable-ish recovery that works great against high-HP foes like Snorlax and Blissey.

Florges @ Leftovers - Calm Nature (Flower Veil)
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Defense / 24 Sp. Defense
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

The premier special wall of UU, boasting a monstrous base 154 Special Defense stat. With access to Wish, Protect, and Aromatherapy, Florges becomes possibly the greatest cleric in UU besides maybe Umbreon (remember, I'm new to this tier :P). Moonblast is to prevent Florges from forcibly switching out when Taunted. It doesn't do much damage to fire and steels, though, so Jellicent and Aggron were chosen as teammates to help her get by.

Jellicent @ Leftovers - Calm Nature (Cursed Body)
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Sp. Defense / 44 Speed
- Scald
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Recover

Another special wall of UU, with unique typing! The Cursed Body ability was chosen over Water Absorb because no Pokemon on this team is water-weak (except Aggron, pre-mega, but he is usually mega evolved right away). Scald is a great STAB capable of burning the opponent, which cripples physical sweepers. Toxic, again, puts a timer on opponents, Taunt prevents Shell Smashers like Lord Helix from doing their thing, and Recover regain's Jellicent's HP in a pinch.

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry - Careful Nature (Harvest)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Attack / 252 Sp. Defense
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Phantom Force
- Will-O-Wisp

The ultimate spinblocker alongside Jellicent. Get a sub up, leech the opponent, and spam Phantom Force until they die. That's pretty much how I play Trev. Its handy ability, Harvest, allows it to revive a Sitrus Berry back from hammerspace for use again. It's not reliable recovery as much as it is handy recovery, and sinceDrought (?) are banned from UU, there is never a guarantee the berry will be regenerated.

So, that's my team. I think I have a huge dark weakness but I don't know where to go from here - I do know that Honch utterly wrecks my team save for Aggron. Any help is appreciated~!

Love your team. It seems pretty stable at the moment, but I would tweak it a little bit.

Unlike Rotom-W, it's Heat brother can't pull off the bulky sweeper as easily. I would recommend giving it Choice Specs, and switch Pain Split with Trick. This gives it an easier time getting a T-Wave or an Overheat in, and Volt Switching out with minimal damage taken. I'd also change it's IVs to a special defensive spread, as even with 216 defense, almost any Stone Edge will knock it out in one or two hits.

Rotom-H Choice Specs - Calm ( Levitate )
Evs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD +
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Trick

As best as I can tell, it seems that Xatu has little to no purpose whatsoever. It doesn't have the EV spread nor the base stats to perform a sweep. However, by giving it a support movepool, you should be able to give some purpose to Xatu. Xatu can easily set up a screen without being damaged too badly, and can use that screen to either force a switch out, or Toxic stall. Roost is the obvious healing move to keep Xatu alive as he stalls and switches in order to abuse Magic Bounce.

Xatu Light Clay - Calm ( Magic Bounce )
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD +
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Toxic
- Roost

It also seems as if your team is a little too special defense orientated. If you have trouble with physical attackers such as Absol and Metagross, you could also run 252 HP / 4 Attack / 252 Def + on your Trevenant. With Will-O-Wisp and Sitrus Harvest, you've got any physical attacker down.

I've done some testing, and I don't know what set to do for Aggron. He comes in handy because threats like Kyurem are weak to Heavy Slam / Iron Head, but at the same time he's not specially bulky enough to take hits. Honchkrow, Kyurem, and Darmanitan are all threats to the team from the battles I've done.

Hmm. Alright. I'm assuming that the sets are Life Orb Honchkrow, Choice Specs Kyurem, and Belly Drum Darmanitan. Is there a certain Pokemon on your team that seems to be pretty much useless? I think that you'll need a new bulk such as Goodra, or Slowbro. Here's the sets, if you feel you need a change.

Goodra @ Assault Vest - Modest ( Hydration )
EVs: 252 SAtk + / 252 HP / 4 SDef
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power Rock
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor

Thunderbolt and Ice Beam are both for Honchkrow, while Focus Blast is for Kyurem and Darmanitan. Assault Vest is simply to get Goodra a little bit more playing time. Kyurem does have both Dragon and Ice moves to it's will, so using Goodra may be a little risky.

Slowbro @ Leftovers - Bold ( Regenerator )
EVs: 252 Def + / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam / Psyshock
- Slack Off

This was the Slowbro set that I used to use. It tanks unboosted physical attacks flawlessly, and has both Slack off and Regenerator for recovery. You can stack up Calm Minds with little to no trouble, and hit hard with a STAB Scald. However, the last slot is really your choice. Ice Beam is better if you're having a really hard time with Honchkrow, and Psyshock is there to dish out damage to special tanks and such. You can also use Calm Minds to get passed super effective Sucker Punches from Honchkrow.

I would also switch Jellicent Toxic to Will-O-Wisp. Although Trevenant has it already, you'll be tanking Kyurem and Honchkrow easier.

EDIT: I think that you need to keep Aggron in for less time than you have him in for. If you switch him in and out with Florges, you've got a pretty nice defensive core.

Why would he use a Hydration Goodra on a non rain team?
Sap Sipper would work too, but it boosts attack, not special attack. His team also only has one Pokemon that has a grass weakness. Gooey would work, but Hydration comes out to be more useful in the end.

Sap Sipper would work too, but it boosts attack, not special attack. His team also only has one Pokemon that has a grass weakness. Gooey would work, but Hydration comes out to be more useful in the end.
Errr no. He doesn't even have rest to abuse it. Rain isn't so common that you should run Hydration. Sap Sipper is the way to go as having an immunity to Spore, Stun Spore, etc is always great help.

The Goodra set and Slowbro set seem like they'd work, I just now have to substitute one of the Pokemon. Thing is, I have a huge dark weakness at the moment (Xatu, Trevenant, Jellicent) and I don't know that adding Slowbro will fix this. I'd have to replace one of them for slowbro but i'm not sure which one. And I think I will go with Sap Sipper on Goodra because it seems like it'd work better because spore immunity, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)