Charizard (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost
Charizard is my favourite Pokémon, and I like his Y form. The rest of the team is intended to support him.

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- Volt Switch
Tapu Koko is the team defogger and also can pressure rain teams, which are a problem for M-Charizard Y's drought.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
Heatran is a trapper for tough Pokémon to Charizard such as Chansey or Toxapex. I gave him leftovers in order to recover some HP. Also, his flash fire ability is excellent to cover other mates such as Tangrowth or Scizor from fire attacks.

Tangrowth (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Bomb
Tangrowth assault vest is the team pivot. She can cover Charizard from water attacks and her regenerator ability ables her to switch-in again and again.

Clefable (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
Clefable acts as a dual screener because I feel my team is quite soft against most of the metagame moves. She has thunder wave in order to Charizard can outspeed powerful foes such as M-Medicham or M-Lopunny. Finally, I gave her light clay to gain 3 extra turns of physical and/or special coverage.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Roost
- Swords Dance
The last slot was to a physical attacker. Tyranitar banded was too slow and his ability damages my team; Weavile banded was another option, but Scizor can have more attack after swords dance without get locked in a move. Scizor low speed is balanced by bullet punch (a priority move) and pursuit (ideally attacking to Pokémon withdrawing). Finally, roost ables him to recover from 5 life orb recoils.

Thanks forehand!

Last edited:
simple but an effective team I like it.Good luck hitting magma storm because I miss 3 times out of 4 so its more like a 25 % accuracy for me

simple but an effective team I like it.Good luck hitting magma storm because I miss 3 times out of 4 so its more like a 25 % accuracy for me
Thanks! Still I have doubts about Scizor and the config of Heatran, but I glad you think it is an effective team. Good luck with that magma storm!

737373elj

Banned deucer.
be careful around magnezones and kyurem blacks
Just don’t Switch Scizor into Magnezone. That said, you may want to run HP Ground if Magnezone is considered serious.
Kyu-B does not seem like a problem to me as you have quite a number of decent checks to it. MCharY seems like a reliable counter to me, especially if you outspeed. Kyu-B is rarely seen in the metagame according to my experience though.

First thing I noticed was Tapu Koko did not have a way to hit Grounds. This is actually quite terrible, and i would suggest you to change the spread, the Item to Shuca Berry and put Hp Ice instead of Roost. That way you actually have a way to beat the most common Rockers in the tier, such as Lando and Garchomp, because the Shuca will ensure that you live one of their EQs and 2HKO back with Hp Ice

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 32 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Now that you have a Z-move available, I would give Firium-Z or Groundium-Z to Heatran. Firium would allow you to have a generally hard-hitting and accurate move, while Groundium allows you to kill a trapped Toxapex without taking damage from scalds.

At this point I would just switch out Clefable for a Toxapex, so that you have a strong Fire/Water/Grass core, which can shut down many teams if handled correctly. I would use standard SpDef Toxapex for your team

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

I still see a problem in the fact that you don't have any means of speed control, but I don't wannna change your team too much. I will instead put a Zard-Y team I made for you to look at, in case you needed some inspiration for further improvement. It has been working all right for me and stood its ground at 1700 ELO

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Roost
- Defog

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Haze

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rock Slide
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 136 Atk / 140 Def / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Healing Wish

I hope this to be helpful

First thing I noticed was Tapu Koko did not have a way to hit Grounds. This is actually quite terrible, and i would suggest you to change the spread, the Item to Shuca Berry and put Hp Ice instead of Roost. That way you actually have a way to beat the most common Rockers in the tier, such as Lando and Garchomp, because the Shuca will ensure that you live one of their EQs and 2HKO back with Hp Ice

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 32 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Now that you have a Z-move available, I would give Firium-Z or Groundium-Z to Heatran. Firium would allow you to have a generally hard-hitting and accurate move, while Groundium allows you to kill a trapped Toxapex without taking damage from scalds.

At this point I would just switch out Clefable for a Toxapex, so that you have a strong Fire/Water/Grass core, which can shut down many teams if handled correctly. I would use standard SpDef Toxapex for your team

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

I still see a problem in the fact that you don't have any means of speed control, but I don't wannna change your team too much. I will instead put a Zard-Y team I made for you to look at, in case you needed some inspiration for further improvement. It has been working all right for me and stood its ground at 1700 ELO

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Roost
- Defog

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Haze

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rock Slide
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 136 Atk / 140 Def / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Healing Wish

I hope this to be helpful

Thanks for comment, it's very helpful! In late I thought to change Tapu Koko by Rotom-W to have access to hydropump and still having defog and volt switch but in a more deffensive Pokémon. Doing so Clefable can remain in the team (because I really need her).
Following your advice, I have given Heatran the firium Z with which can strike harder under M-CharY's drought.

Again, thank you for your help :D

Just don’t Switch Scizor into Magnezone. That said, you may want to run HP Ground if Magnezone is considered serious.
Kyu-B does not seem like a problem to me as you have quite a number of decent checks to it. MCharY seems like a reliable counter to me, especially if you outspeed. Kyu-B is rarely seen in the metagame according to my experience though.
kyurem black gives you the fusion bolt for char and ice beam for tangrowth and earth power for koko and heatran not to mention z freeze shock.sub zero slammer

Tenebricite

Leader of the Pawniards
is a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
In place of Scizor I'd consider Hawlucha. Generally it is a more effective physical attacker in OU that Swords Dance Life Orb Scizor. You already have a Tapu Koko, which means you wouldn't have to replace another mon on your team if you wanted to try Koko-Lucha. You may also want to consider running U-turn over Volt Switch on your Koko so you don't have to worry about incoming ground types blocking your switch. These are just some first impressions I had that you are free to try out. Good luck and have fun in the rest of your building!

737373elj

Banned deucer.
kyurem black gives you the fusion bolt for char and ice beam for tangrowth and earth power for koko and heatran not to mention z freeze shock.sub zero slammer
oh. yeah.
Scizor and Clefable look ok though. Did I miss anything?

Yup
Anyone that's running a Mega-Scizor
Running Scizor comes with entirely unique problems of its own. You need to tread carefully with the ever so popular Magnezone and get walled by awfully much. There are so many great other megas that simply don't have these problems and sacrificing all that for an arbitrarily better matchup against Kyurem-Black is less than optimal. Not that I don't like Mega Scizor, but balance appreciates many other megas way more, such as Mega Alakazam which can threaten out Kyurem-B with its Focus Blast as well as generally having better matchups against the current meta.

Running Scizor comes with entirely unique problems of its own. You need to tread carefully with the ever so popular Magnezone and get walled by awfully much. There are so many great other megas that simply don't have these problems and sacrificing all that for an arbitrarily better matchup against Kyurem-Black is less than optimal. Not that I don't like Mega Scizor, but balance appreciates many other megas way more, such as Mega Alakazam which can threaten out Kyurem-B with its Focus Blast as well as generally having better matchups against the current meta.
I don't think that is quite accurate. Yeah you probably lose offensive presence by using it, but the defense that it provides it's huge. U-turn can be run to avoid Magnezone, and to hit Zam under Psichyc Terrain. I mean, Scizor is one of the only mons that I know that can resist Ground-Ice coverage and potentially beat Magnezone. I get that a hard hitter is needed for balance, and a mega such as Mawile do that job greatly, but Scizor has a unique role that no other mon can really cover.

I don't think that is quite accurate. Yeah you probably lose offensive presence by using it, but the defense that it provides it's huge. U-turn can be run to avoid Magnezone, and to hit Zam under Psichyc Terrain. I mean, Scizor is one of the only mons that I know that can resist Ground-Ice coverage and potentially beat Magnezone. I get that a hard hitter is needed for balance, and a mega such as Mawile do that job greatly, but Scizor has a unique role that no other mon can really cover.
That is true, Mega Scizor does compress some roles uniquely into itself, but using Scizor instead of any other mega balance would really like can make or break a balance team, hence why I wouldn't recommend it on there for the most part. But that doesn't mean that balance can't fully utilize its strengths, it's just not a balance staple compared to for example Alakazam or Mawile. Strong pick on the right build regardless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)