First RMT

This is a team that i've designed to allow a Dusclops to sweep. It's meant to draw out things that my Dusclops its self can't counter effectively without significant harm to itself. Without further ado on to the team... Also thank you for rating this team and taking the time to look at it. I really appreciate it. I'll post in two parts... One being my original team... Two being what i have now, and why i chose to use it. Edits in red are tested and failed...

Shiftry (M) @ Life Orb/ Choice Scarf
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot(Air Cutter/w Scarf)
- Dark Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Explosion(Leaf Storm?)

This is Shiftry... My answer to Uxie, Mesrprit, Omastar, Kabutops, and Spiritomb leads. It's Dark Pulse immediately threatens the pixies, while Energy Ball does a number to the fossils. Explosion is for just in case. However, I've been considering Leaf Storm due to Trick leads giving Shiftry a Scarf which could be very useful, given it's low speed. However, I haven't seen a trick lead as of yet, but still I think it's something to consider. Nasty Plot lets me send in Shiftry mid/late-game and attempt a sweep, but his speed tends to get in the way of that. I don't run Sunny Day, so would Early Bird be a better option considering Yawn Uxie( I don't really think Uxie is too much of a threat though...) Not really, much else to say about my good buddy Shiftry here.

---

Blaziken (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Thunderpunch(Ice Punch?)
- Stone Edge

Typical Choice Band Blaziken... Flare Blitz + Band + Blaze = PWNED. Super Power get's rocks. Thunder Punch likes water types, and Stone Edge is just awesome. It eats Altaria, who would otherwise enjoy the oppurtunity to set up on Blaziken. It's slow, so I was considering a Scarf, but I don't want to lose out on the power. Does Blazing Chicken need it though, the extra power. Also, Blaziken is slower than a really jacked up Trick Room Slowbro... I'm thinking though that it was a mistake with the evs, or something... <<

---

Omastar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Surf
- Protect

Spiking Omastar, not much to say here. I don't use him as a lead becuase i fear being tricked, and Left Overs is really key to keeping him alive, so he can spike like crazy later. Surf makes ground/rock type spinners think about switching in, and makes an in general good attack. I felt that HP grass wasn't good enough to warrant a spot over Protect which really lets annoy and scout my opponent. While also providing Left Overs abuse.

---

Xatu (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 248 HP/22 Def/240 Spd
Jolly nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Wish
- U-turn
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Wish, U-Turn Xatu with more speed. The extra EVs have helped with getting in an extra Wish, or screens up before it dies. Normally i set up the screen i feel is more necessary, and then wish, and U-Turn. Helpful in setting up a late game sweep. I opted out of a stab attack because i wanted to have the versatility of two screens instead of choosing one or the other.

---

Hariyama (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP/172 Atk/252 Def/4 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Force Palm
- Stone Edge
- Whirlwind
- Payback
Physical tank Hariyama is my main tank. It takes attacks like a champ, and hit's back with just enough damage to help with a sweep. If i have all my layers up it's going to take out a good chunk of health on anything, around 18-25% unless they are levitating of course. He can usually muster a KO. Whirlwind helps spread damage, and assists in the sweep attempt. He's tough to take down.

---

Dusclops (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/58 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Will-o-wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Holy cow, offensive Dusclops!? What am I thinking!? I'm thinking im sick of seeing Mismagius. Massive defenses are hard to come by on ghost types, and this is my other tank. Capable of taking hits from both sides is an advantage, and with a few Calm Minds, Dusclops becomes something to be worried about. Wisp helps manage physical attackers. His typing stops my layers from going away. Dusclops takes any hit a special attacker throws at him, but he doesn't like status, but again with a few boosts in it won't really matter much.

---

I designed this team to work off of two cores...A fire-water-grass core, and a psychic-fighting-ghost core. Shiftry adds an extra type to my second core, Dark.

The GFW core is an offense-support core, and PFG/D core is an offense-defense-support core. However having two pokemon weak to dark types attacks isn't something i was exactly seeing at the time. Despite dark being a very common attack type in UU this team has actually performed well. Stat-booster give me grief due to my lack of priority, or a fast hazer. Anyways...

Thanks for the rate.

Sincerely Raven

EDITS/CONSIDERATIONS

Hariyama

- Ice Punch to Payback
- Brick Break to Force Palm

Blaziken

- messed up EVs now all 6 are in Sp. Def
- Cosidering Choice Band Arcanine

Xatu

- Considering Wish/ {Reflect/Light Screen}/ {Thunder Wave/Hypnosis}/ Psychic - Hypno to replace it.

Shiftry

- I've been considering the Sand Storm Nasty Plot Cacturne to replace it.(Still in testing)
- Considering Scarf Cacturne.

Omastar

- Testing support Cradily, but it leaves me without a water type. (testing)

Dusclops

- Considering Spiritomb (Testing)

Swellow

-Considering SPecs Altaria.

Part Two

Where I'm at now...

Shiftry (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dark Pulse
- Explosion
- Energy Ball
- Extrasensory

Fast enough to outspeed most of the metagame. Takes out most leads with either a STAB attack, or Explosion. Extrasensory is for coverage. Dark Pulse is enough to threaten the Pixies if they don't U-Turn, which is usually going to do a number to Shiftry, offensively invested Pixies may manage a KO. Energy Balll over Leafstorm for consistency, Leaf Storm didn't really grab anything notable to me. Extrasensory is for fighting types which still give Shiftry grief. Generally if it makes it through the first half of the match Shiftry likes to explode on things that would give my team trouble. Fossils don't like Energy Ball to the face...

OR

Cacturne (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability : Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
- Dark Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Toxic

has more power. and doesn't explode. Focus Blast for Cloyster leads, and steels.

---

Arcanine (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 SDef
- Flare Blitz
- Iron Head
- Extremespeed
- Thunder Fang

My priority attacker... Choice Band Arcananine. Iron Head for rock types. Thunder Fang for waters, etc etc... Need i say i more?

---

Omastar (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Surf
- Ice Beam

I opted out on using Protect to run Ice Beam... The bane of flying types. My team HAD issues... NOT ANYMORE! Spikes and Rocks for support. Blah blah i've said this already.

OR

Crawdaunt (M) @ Left Overs
EVs 252 Atk/252 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Crab Hammer
- Crunch
- Aerial Ace

Provides well needed physical presence. After three Dances Crawdaunt is gone. Crab Hammer destroys things as do your other moves.

---

Swellow (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Brave Bird
- Facade
- U-turn
- Quick Attack

Typical Swellow...
---

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 88 HP/252 Atk/170 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch/Bulk Up
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge

I need help here... I'm thinking it's EV are fine. it's bulky enough to take a beating, and hit back, but I think it's moves are wrong. Close Combat is for Chancey. Fake out is for faking things out.I was thinking Bullet Punch would be better, but Bulk Up helps with more bulk. Spin keeps the field clean for Swellow and Arcanine.

---

Dusclops (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/58 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Will-o-wisp

Dusclops was many times better than Spiritomb... Most people don't realize how bulky he is, and proceed to believe he is not a threat. IMO he's better than Spiritomb. I have calcs all over the place for this guy.

---

Current Weaknesses

- Bulky Waters with Ice Beam -
I can't get past them defenses without sacrificing two pokemon. Suggestions?

Fixes - Magneton switch with Dusclops? It also takes care of my steel problem. Whatcha think?

Hey RavenTheClaw, just a few things to note.

CM dusclops looks a bit strange and I think spiritomb pulls if off a bit better. Rest/ Pain split should be used on this set, probably over HP fighting so that dusclops can stay around for a bit longer. Shadow ball should then be changed to ice beam for better coverage.

For Hariyama, change the set to the smogon one, force palm should be used over brick break as paralysis support will definetley help your team as most of your guys are quite slow. Ice punch should change to payback as you can already take down flying types with stone edge.

I must question the use of dual screen xatu on your team as it is completely unnecessary. You don't seem to have any set up sweepers that can make use of the screen and hypno probably pulls off this set much better than xatu.

For Blaziken, I must also question why the EV spread looks so strange as you have 2 EVs in Def, spatk and spdef, 4 evs grant 1 stat so just put those 6evs into def/spdef. Blaziken could probably change to a faster pokemon like CBarcanine as the lack of priority on it hurt and your team lacks any pokes beyond 80base speed. Also for shiftry if ur running the scarf set, replace energy ball with leaf storm as it does more damage over 2 turns.

Anyway the synergy+core looks alright, so gl and hope I helped.

Screen Xatu has U-Turn, which is the main reason i'm using it over Hypno, but Wish,Screens , Psychic? I'll make note of it. (editing to consider Hypno)

Hariyama - I've seen major improvement in coverage, and KO rate. Editing to show change.

Blaziken - Fixed EVs xD

Dusclops is without a form of healing because he's not coming out until i know that he can sweep. However, I'll consider your Spiritomb suggestion. Arguably better typing, psychic immune.

Thanks for the help. ^^

Hi i will give you a hand with your team.
Myrrh Summed everything up quite nicely, but Xatu is a Poor Screener, Pick Uxie more Bulk, U-Turn and Better Typing to wall while Screening.
Spirtomb over Dusclops, better typing hands down, no weaknesses which makes it a deadly CMer.
You have a Massive Flying weakness too, any old Swellow could come in and sweep your team as you lack Priority to own it. I think that Azumarill could fit over Omastar because Atm you are not using Spikes to their full advantage. Azumarill brings strong Priority to your team to deal with fast threats like Swellow
GL with the Team

Actually Omastar can handle Swellow decently, but it doesn't last long, so well just what McNutty Said.

Anyway your Shiftry lead looks creative, I would recommend Scarf though, so that you can outspeed Ambipom and Alakazam leads and remove them. With the Scarf, you can outspeed and KO, although Ambipom's fake out will hurt.

And yeah I don't see what Dual Screens are doing for your team. I recommend changing that slot to a Swellow, since he can abuse spikes very well with U-turn, and Swellow's counters are manhandled by Blaziken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)