SM OU First OU Team please give me tips!

I need help with this team if someone could help me improve upon it that would help a ton.
download (1).png

TapuKoko @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 216 Spe
Nature: Timid

- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Defog
Tapu Koko is the team defogger and can be used to detain and be a great counter to the drought from Charizard Y. Also a great counter to many other pokemon in this tier such as Toxapex and Greninja. Having Volt Switch being a stab move as well as more powerful than U-Turn and because of the Shuca Berry, Tapu Koko can beat most ground types. Also having the Ice Hidden Power, ground types don't stand a chance.
download (10).jpg

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / Spe 82
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Protect
Heatran is a trapper for tough Pokémon to Charizard such as Chansey or Toxapex. I gave him leftovers in order to recover some HP. Also, his flash fireability is excellent to cover other mates such as Tangrowth or Scizor from fire attacks.
download (12).jpg

Greninja (M) @ Waterium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes
Ash-Greninja is a top Pokemon because its excellent offensive typing combines with its monstrous Special Attack and Speed stats to turn it into a dangerous attacker that is capable of shredding offensive teams. Having Water Shuriken as its priority move, Ash-Greninja is one pokemon that can 2HKO most pokemon. Also having one of the greater Spikers here helps out.
download (13).jpg

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Giga Impact
- Leaf Blade
Kartana can pack a massive punch and can sweep and clean up easily with beast boost and that amazing attack stat although everything that checks it should be taken care of first (CharY, Heatran, other fire types) Kartana has maximum attack and speed invested and a jolly nature to clean up the remaining pokemon without taking a hit as it is terrifyingly frail. Smart strike for stab coverage and can OHKO non defensely invested tapus with the STAB boost, Sacred sword to revenge kill easily and checks ice types for LandoT, Leaf blade to OHKO tapu fini, rotom W and sweep rain teams and knock off for coverage.
download (14).jpg

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost
Mega Scizor allows more of a defensive role but at the same time with Knock Off being its go to offensive move and Bullet Punch as its +1 priority move.
download (15).jpg

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 244 SpD / 20 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
Gliscor with the Swords Dance allows it to be a bulky sweeper, combined with the toxic orb and Poison Heal combination healing it, Gliscor is a very big part of this team.

I would replace Ice Beam on Gren with Hydro Pump. Even with Waterium-Z, Water Shuriken is not sufficient as a STAB move.

Giga Impact is only useful for Kartana is it holds Normalium-Z. Definitely replace it with Knock Off.

I would replace Ice Beam on Gren with Hydro Pump. Even with Waterium-Z, Water Shuriken is not sufficient as a STAB move.

Giga Impact is only useful for Kartana is it holds Normalium-Z. Definitely replace it with Knock Off.
Do you think I should use ash greninja or run protean cause everyone says that is better

Do you think I should use ash greninja or run protean cause everyone says that is better
Not sure who's telling you Protean is better. Ash Gren is currently sitting is S rank on the OU Viability Rankings, while Protean Gren is two ranks below it in A (A+ is the one that's skipped).

That said, despite both being named Greninja, the two play very differently, so which is better in any given scenario depends on what the team needs. I'm not good enough to know for sure if Ash Gren really is the best fit for this team. I just know that it's usually the better choice.

Not sure who's telling you Protean is better. Ash Gren is currently sitting is S rank on the OU Viability Rankings, while Protean Gren is two ranks below it in A (A+ is the one that's skipped).

That said, despite both being named Greninja, the two play very differently, so which is better in any given scenario depends on what the team needs. I'm not good enough to know for sure if Ash Gren really is the best fit for this team. I just know that it's usually the better choice.
Do you believe this team is good or even decent tho?

737373elj

Banned deucer.
A suggestion would be to run Choice Specs over Waterium Z on Ash-Greninja, allowing it to hit harder.

ok here we go.first u need a stealth rocker i would reccomend putting stealth rocks instead of protect,your not gonna stall with tran thats gliscors job.also,put normalium z on kartana if ur gonna use giga impact and remove the waterium z on gren for specs or scarf or even LO to use spikes,and gliscor is kinda weird.gliscor isnt used for being a bulky sweeper its used as a staller,but if u really wanna use bulky sweeper as gliscor i would reccomend using putting facade instead of ice fang for more dmg.koko also needs some stuff shuca berry really isnt that good as it only works one time and koko doesnt have that much defense, put u turn instead of volt switch since u already have ur electric move and put a diffrent item i woudl put LO and dassling gleam instead of hp ice but ice works just fine also replace lava plume with magma storm to actually trap opponents. so yea thats it sorry for the long paragraph also i dont claim to be gud i just know a small bit about building thats it

ok here we go.first u need a stealth rocker i would reccomend putting stealth rocks instead of protect,your not gonna stall with tran thats gliscors job.also,put normalium z on kartana if ur gonna use giga impact and remove the waterium z on gren for specs or scarf or even LO to use spikes,and gliscor is kinda weird.gliscor isnt used for being a bulky sweeper its used as a staller,but if u really wanna use bulky sweeper as gliscor i would reccomend using putting facade instead of ice fang for more dmg.koko also needs some stuff shuca berry really isnt that good as it only works one time and koko doesnt have that much defense, put u turn instead of volt switch since u already have ur electric move and put a diffrent item i woudl put LO and dassling gleam instead of hp ice but ice works just fine also replace lava plume with magma storm to actually trap opponents. so yea thats it sorry for the long paragraph also i dont claim to be gud i just know a small bit about building thats it
Thank you I've used these suggestions and they have helped me a lot so far so thank you :D

The team looks good, but your questionable sets need to be fixed, these suggestions have been made already, but I would also replace Knock off on scizor for u-turn, giving the team momentum. I believe a choice specs ash gren will suit this team more because tapu koko / scizor / ash gren make a really good offensive core. But I think you should run scarfed katana, and run Z tapu koko, because your team is lacking speed for mega alakazam, the set I would run is knock off / sacred sword / Smart strike / leaf blade also the calm nature on kartana is useless I would run jolly

Oh, I just saw Giga Impact with the Z-crystal and didn't even notice the Calm Swords Dance Scarf Kartana. Yeah, that's bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)