SM OU First OU Singles team please rate and advise

Status
Not open for further replies.
OU singles team that I modified when I first made it quite a lot and it got me to 1450. Please rate and reply if there are any improvements. :)
Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt

IMO amazing mega, fake out for chip, HJK for extreme damage againts normal and darks types and hurts metagross switch ins, Zen Headbutt for STAB coverage and ice punch for dealing with pesky LandoTs and Dragons. Max attack and speed investments allow it to outspeed jolly LandoT and pack maximum damaged to OHKO dark type switch ins with HJK

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

LandoT is an amazing offensive threat with choice scarf as it allows it to outspeed a lot of its counters and checks. EQuake for amazing stab damage, SUper power for pesky steel types, Stone edge for those flying type switch ins who predicted an EQuake and UTurn to pivot out in case something like a RotomW comes in to Will o Wisp or straight up Hydro Pump. Jolly with max attack and speed investment allows it to hit really hard and check a lot of pokemon.

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off

Kartana can pack a massive punch and can sweep and clean up easily with beast boost and that amazing attack stat although everything that checks it should be taken care of first (CharY, Heatran, other fire types) Kartana has maximum attack and speed invested and a jolly nature to clean up the remaining pokemon without taking a hit as it is terrifyingly frail. Smart strike for stab coverage and can OHKO non defensely invested tapus with the STAB boost, Sacred sword to revenge kill easily and checks ice types for LandoT, Leaf blade to OHKO tapu fini, rotom W and sweep rain teams and knock off for coverage.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Defog

My go-to switch in for an incoming flamethrower directed to my kartana or a ice bean directed at my landorus, Rotom W is an excellent tank capable of taking multiple hits, providing support and doing a lot of damage. Leftovers instead of a Wiki Berry because of its bulk helps it stay healthy more consitently.The ev spread given is to help it outspeed a Adamant Tyranitar and hopefully WillOWisp it or Hydro Pump it for amazing damage, the rest is invested into physical bulk to help it take hits more consistently. Volt switch to pivot out, WillOWisp to disable physical attackers and set up sweepers, Hydro Pump for Stab coverage and Defog is essential as my team is extremely weak to Stealth Rocks and Hazards alike.

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Alolan Muk with Assault Vest is in my opinion better than Toxapex because of the massive damage and the high chance to poison and thus weaken the foe with Poison Touch and Poison Jab. The Ev investments allow it to tank if my rotom is fainted but mainly is its ability to force opponents to switch out because of that massive damage. Fire Punch is to make steel types think twice about switching in, Poison jab is to break Tapus, Knock of for stab coverage and Pursuit for that extra chip damage to a switching out opponent.

Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

My favoirite Ultra Beast and an amazing damage dealer Blacephalon can do massive damage even againts neutral opponents. Maximum Sp Attck and Speed investments allow it to outspeed alot of the metagame and get a (Most of the time) free instakill with that devastating Z Shadow ball which pretty much guarantees it a free sweep. Blacephelon breaks grass types and can OHKO a defensely oriented Tapu Bulu in one hit. The calm mind Sub set is to prevent any status moves to stop it short and to tank a hit ot two. Calm mind isnt something I personally use very often on Blacephalon as hes quite frail but if i get the chance to sub and calm mind up I will as that extra damage can annialate even neutral targets. Flamethrower and Shadow Ball for stab coverage.

This is my first Singles OU team that i have made that has worked quite well for me and took me a few days to perfect. I hopeyou guys can see if there are any technical problems or ways to improve my team to make it workeven better. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)