First ever UU team (Ppl in the chat said it's not crap lol)

I have 0 meta knowledge, the only thing i did to make this team was checking the viability thread, and i made this out of the blue, i chose a WFG cuz it's simple and easy to use, my walls are Hippo and Jirachi, Weavile is just there for knock off i guess and to sweep late-game with darmanitan

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn
When i first made this team i wanted to go for WFG core, so i tought of my fav pokemon like ever, darmanitan, so here it is, He's pretty slow so i gave him a scarf, and did some research on sets, nothing much to say here, it's a frickin Darmanitan, ok now i have to fit obvious stuff here. Flare blitz is insanely powerful, STAB and stuff, EQ and Superpower are for coverage and U-Turn helps me deal with Celebi when i can stay in with Flare Blitz.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SAtk / 232 HP / 24 Spd
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin
The original pokemon here was SubCM Suicune, but Budz on the UU chat at PS recommended this fucker, he's so fucking good, i'm not sure about this specific set tho, i know i want Rapid Spin but i dunno for the other moves. Water Pulse it's better than HP because of 1. No miss chance 2. Confusion chance. Dark Pulse and Aura Sphere are for coverage, i needed a RS because i have a Darmanitan and Weavile, both weak to SR.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Synthesis
His older brother in Ubers and Doubles is a beast, so i tought Wynaut use his younger brother? Just like Blissey and Chansey. I was originally going for Seed Flare, Earth Power and Psychic (Roserade) but then i tought, the hell i'm staying with a Shaymin on a Roserade, so I went for Dazzling Gleam. Seed Flare is super strong, the miss chance is awful but still, worth it. Earth Power is just there for pure coverage and fire types. Synthesis well, obvious really.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / Def Atk
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off
Needed rocks, the Viability Ranking thread had Hippo on A+, so Wynaut? I knew about standard Hippo set, but i didnt know if that was still a thing from Gen 4, so i asked the chat and they suggested this set, which is pretty close to the one i used in Gen 4 OU i think, i also like him because of phazing. EQ is STAB and powerful as fuck, SR is a hazard, which is like super important, WW helps with Phazing and Slack Off = Nutritious delitious HP.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
Needed a revenge killer to pair with Darmanitan, the Viability Ranking thread had Weavile, so again, Wynaut? This is the standar LO set, the plan here is to knock off shit then kill with Ice Punch or something, Low Kick is great coverage with Knock Off. The most standar moveset for Weavile you'll ever see, SD is for power, Ice Punch and Knock Off have great coverage, and Low Kick makes it even better.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
Set suggested by Dat Blast (Thanks bro), he didnt give me any info, so i'm guessing here, the Def EVs allow him to survive something important, CM + Sub is really good and allows me to nail Blastoise, and sub is overall great for stalling, TBolt (As i just said) helps me to deal with Blastoise and other threats, Psyshock = Overall great STAB and good vs Roserade. Lefties is just a really great recovery for all the health i'm losing from using Substitute repetitively.

Last edited:

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, nice team. Not too many huge flaws, though one thing that can potentially be a thorn in your side is stall since you have nothing that can reliably break through dedicated defensive cores. I think your team might benefit more from using physically defensive CM Jirachi over your current set, because it can set up with relative ease on most stall teams lacking Umbreon or something and provide a reliable wincon for you. To make up for the loss of special bulk though you may also want to try specially defensive Hippowdon over physically defensive, making it capable of taking specially based Electric-types and Chandelure better (which you're just a tad weak to as well).

edit: Also for Hippo you're really gonna want Sand Force > Sand Rush as the ability, since nothing benefits from sand it ends up being much more practical.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute / Wish
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

Hippowdon: EV spread --> 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def with a Careful nature, Sand Rush --> Sand Force

Last edited:

finally

how can you swallow so much sleep?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Dat Blast Are you sure about that sand force rec? Usually I keep on weather abilities of pokes, even if they don't directly help your team. This is usually to abuse the secondary effects of the weather. The primary secondary I can think of for this team would be helping hippo in a mini-stall war. Sand would negate opponent lefties while you still get your lefties. The second place sand might be useful here would be helping jirachi setup, again in a chip damage sort of way. The reason why I bring up jirachi, is because it is one of the mons on this team that will be staying in for long periods of time trying to get CM's. (sand rush > sand force)
I realize this argument can be turned on its head and you could say that your harming your team with your own sand (i.e. weavile hurts itself with life orb and then on top of that with sand).
I just feel that having those two mons get more chip damage is more important than the .3 boost you might get from opp bringing sand and the chip damage to your other mons. It's just that 1) hippo isn't meant to be offensive and 2) you have to bring hippo in between 5-8 turns after the opp summons sand in order to abuse it and 3) you can only abuse it with eq if you want to want hippo to stay defensive.
Personally I like phys def hippo, but if spdef is working for you since rachi is your spdef wall, then stick with it.
For shaymin, consider hp fire/hp ice > dazzling gleam because you seem to be able to handle dragons already with weavile. The ability to nail a wall like forry without having to bring in darmanitan is really nice. There may be trouble with fighting and darks, but I still feel the surprise pays off for that.

Also roxer, you might wanna highlight or use another color for edits. This way people can keep up with what has been changed and what is original
boa sorte!

Finally, thanks for the HP Fire thing, i didnt think of that.
Why the fuck did you write "Boa sorte"????? I've been living in america for 3 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)