Challenge (Finished) Pokemon Midele Emerald Nuzlocke

Pokemon Midele Emerald_01.png

Hello everyone! Probably this is my first post on this Subforum but I do like playing Nuzlockes and had no better place to post this one. Pokemon Midele Emerald is an Emerald Hackrom created by 3 evil Spaniards whose nicks are Ragu (better known as Shiyo Cabrón), Lavender and Manectric-Rang, although many more helped at one point or another (myself including). So, what are the main features of this game? How it is different from the vanilla Emerald? Well, according to Orange Islands rules, I can,t post publicly the download link (you can ask it by PM though), but here is the link that has almost all the changes (its written in Spanish, but you can use Google Translator. 85% of the game is still in English, only some dialogues are in Spanish): https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Raguzero/Midele-Emerald/1c33a6390902cb948a445ab0e6b801da32f35f83/TODO SOBRE MIDELE EMERALD.pdf

So that you don,t have to enter to the document and translate it, I will write a summary here about the most important changes:
-All Pokemon of this game can be caught or evolved to.
-New Pokemon from recent generations (for example, 2 of the starters are Snover and Litwick, 3rd being Trapinch). There are a couple of Fakemons too, but those are almost only found in the postgame.
-Alola and Galar Forms (not all of them though, Slowbro, Slowking and the Kanto birds are absent).
-Mega Evolutions as regular evolutions. This means they can hold items, but only the weakest Megaevolutions have been included to balance that. The exception is Mega Mawile, which can now hold Choice Band or Quick Claw, but despite having Iron Head as new STAB, Fairy and Dark types are still special, so it's still kinda balanced.
-Speaking of new Moves, there are 30 of them and 6 more exclusive to this game.
-Some moves have been updated to Gen 8 in power, PPs, accuracy or extra effects. The Physical-Special split has not been done however, so Fire moves are still always special and Ground moves always Physical (the exception is Beat Up, which has always been Physical).
-New abilities (such as Snow Warning, Technician or Sheer Force).
-Pokemon Movepools and Stats have been updated.
-New items (like Focus Sash, Choice Scarf and Choice Specs).

-New locations, during the main game and post-game. Some water routes have been dried up.
-New story in the post-game. This part will mostly be in Spanish, so you might not be able to understand the lore of the characters involved, but nonetheless its still entertaing since it will be the hardest part of the game.
-Increased difficulty (outside of post-game, not as much as the known Emerald Kaizo though). All trainers have been improved in terms of Pokemon and movesets, important ones have 6 Mons, the AI is in general better. Items in battle can,t be used (they can still be held) and Set Mode is forces. There is level Cap too, meaning that for example your Pokemon won,t be able to gain more Experience when they reach level 15 before you defeat Roxanne.
-Battle Frontier sets have been improved. This is the one part of the development of the game where I have been actively involved, designing the sets for almost all the Pokemon.

-Pokedex has been very improved. It now shows a lot of information, including Evolution Method, Base Stats and Movepool.
-DexNav has been improved too. It can now be used to search Pokemon with better IVs, Egg Moves and Shinys.
-Day and Night have been implemented. Some Pokemon only appear during the day and others during the night.
-A new item named Music Player has been added. It allows to change the battle music for non important battles.
-HM Moves can be forgotten without visiting move deleter. Moreover, you now don,t need to learn the HM Moves to use them. You still do need to have the HM and at least one Pokemon in your team able to learn it.
-Outside of battles, the game is easier in general. Among other improvements, Pokemon that evolve by trade now evolve by level, the Move Relearner is free in every Pokemon Center, the Mirage Island can always be accessed, there are NPCs that change Nature, reset EVs, sell rare items, etc.

So, with the features out of the way, lets write the rules for the Nuzlocke:
-If a Pokemon dies, it can,t be used again. Exception: if a battle is supposed to be lost in early game. In the precuels of this game ( Midele Crystal and Midele Red), there have been some trainers with level 100 Pokemon in early game. I don,t know if there are here too, but knowing Shiyo, there are.
-I can only catch the first Pokemon that appears on each location unless I already have it. Night and Day are not considered different locations, but I can delay the catch there if the Pokemon I am interested in appears at a different time than when I first enter to the location. If some locations have different parts with different encounters (Mt. Pyre, Safari Zone, etc.) I will consider them as different locations and will be able to catch a Pokemon in each of the parts. This does not count for Surf and Fishing however.
-Gift Mons and Static encounters (such as Kecleon and Sudowoodo) are not considered the first catch of their locations, meaning I can catch them on top of catching one more Pokemon on that location.
-Shiny Pokemon can be caught and used at any time... however since this game has a higher shiny rate (1 out of 512 Mons will be shiny), I can only catch one Shiny Pokemon per location at most. And for Shiny Pokemon, locations with multiple parts will count just as one.
-Legendary Pokemon cannot be caught and used.
-DexNav cannot be used to search better Pokemon or Shinys.
-I would normally put that Set Mode will be used and items in battle are forbidden... but the game already forces to do so.

Before I start I have to warn about several those who haven,t read me in my previous Nuzlockes (since those weren,t on Smogon). This will be a very long journey, and for some people very boring, since some chapters (especially in post-game) will consist of me just grinding new Pokemon and then battling just 1 (albeit powerful) trainer. Be prepared for that. Be prepared also for inconsistency in the timing of my posts: I have a job, I have tournaments here on Smogon and I try to have a social life too. So, there will be days in which I will post 3 chapters and periods of 3 weeks in which I won,t post at all. Finally, despite me having studied in Poland, working in Lithuania and using English in both of those countries as main language, its still not my first one. I speak Russian and Spanish way better than English and sometimes feel that I commit gramatical mistakes or lack vocabulary in my writings. Try not to be grammal nazis with me, I am trying my best.

Chapter 1. The Madness begins.

So, this is the starting screen. Remember it, since every element and text will appear in the game in one way or another. Even the music that sounds ( Evangelion cruel angel thesis) is relevant.

Pokemon Midele Emerald_02.png

Another new feature. Wooloo is in the game, but it won,t be the Wooloo you know and love. You will hate to face this one, since it has Dubwool Stats, some extra movepool and Huge Power as ability. Don,t worry, its the only one of the legal new Pokemon that has been buffed this hard, and only because Shiyo likes Wooloo.

Pokemon Midele Emerald_03.png

I have been using the male (or non-binary in Pokemon Uranium) character in every Pokemon game I have played, so this time its time to try the female one and bust the myth that says that Pokemon games are easier when playing female character. This one certainly won,t be easier. Not only May is better aesthetically than Brendan, but since you can name your rival in this game, choosing May gives me an excuse to have Shiyo as my rival.

Pokemon Midele Emerald_04.png

My IRL name minus the S.
The truck brings me to Littleroot Town as in vanilla Emerald, but there is something different:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_05.png

The Polar Summer days of Hoenn are over, it now can have night again.
I go to my room, set the clock and take the item from the PC. Its not a Potion this time, since those can,t be used in-battle, but an Oran Berry.
I then visit Shiyo for a moment and go outside to route 101. There I see a hungry Zigzagoon wanting to make dinner of a fat man. Can,t blame him.

Pokemon Midele Emerald_06.png

In the bag are the startes: Snover, Trapinch and Litwick. If there were no witnesses I would have taken all 3 of them and just left Zigzagoon have his deserved dinner, but unfortunately there is a girl to the entrance to the town, so I have to be a good citizen this time.
So, which do I choose? Normally Snover would have been the obvious choice, but this one is hard-codded to have Soundproof as ability to prevent early-game Snow Warning abuse. For this reason I will follow my tradition of choosing the Ground type ( in Midele Crystal it was Larvitar, in Midele Red Sandile).

Pokemon Midele Emerald_07.png

Zigzagoon has Mud Slap, but that doesn,t prevent Trapinch to 2HKO it with Gust:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_08.png

Profesor Birch takes me to the lab and lets me put a nickname to the Trapinch. Since its female, Mosquetona will be the nickname.
Then I have to go search Shiyo, who is on route 103. When I step to route 101 however, something unusual happens:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_09.png

Pokemon Midele Emerald_10.png

Pokemon Midele Emerald_11.png

This is Ragu (the other alias of Shiyo) and he tells me that he is searching trainers with potential to face a great challenge. He also tells me that Pokemon is usually a very easy game, so he gives me this item:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_12.png

It can,t be desactivated, but it can be used to know where the Level Cap is at this moment. Currently its at level 15 until I defeat Roxanne.
Ragu goes away, but I will face him again at some point.
Before I continue, lets look at the IVs of Mosquetona:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_13.png

Very poor, but could be worse and at least the Attack is high. The nature is a neutral one.

Before going to Oldale Town I train Mosquetona in the grass of Route 101 until level 7, learning Tackle in the process. Unfortunately a surprise Counter from Galar Zigzagoon makes it spend the Oran Berry, but I have another one.
At the Pokemon Center of Oldale Town, and at each Pokemon Center of this game, there are some new services:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_14.png

So I can remember a move, forget one or change the nickname completely free at any point of the game.

There is another new character blocking me the access to the PC for now:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_15.png

Pokemon Midele Emerald_16.png

He told me that I will have to use the PC of the next city. Not that it matters, I only have a Pokemon for now and won,t have more than 6 before next city...

Pokemon Midele Emerald_17.png

Wait, it was just a prank. The dude goes away, I don,t know who he is for now.

When I try to go to the Route 102, the usual nerd that blocks the way is not there, but instead...

Pokemon Midele Emerald_19.png

It still blocks the way and has a note telling me that its my Mom responsible for it.

At Route 103 I see another character, probably the same dude from the Pokemon Center. Can,t get to him for now though:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_20.png

Time to battle Shiyo:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_21.png

His Snover gets to use Pound, but Mosquetona crits with Gust, taking it down in one hit:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_22.png

Mosquetona levels up to 8 and learns STAB Mud Slap.

I follow Shiyo back to the Lab in order to get the Pokedex, 5 Pokeballs and Running Shoes. Now the real journey begins.

Lets see some of the Pokedex features now:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_23.png

This is where I can get Snover. Its a new location known as Izabe Island. As you can see, you can change the moment of the day in which you can see the places where the Pokemon can be caught.
For Pokemon that are already caught, the information provided is better:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_24.png

Pokemon Midele Emerald_25.png

In the first of the above screens you can scroll up and down to look what moves can Trapinch learn and the method (Egg, level-up or TM) by which it can learn them.

So, lets catch some Mons now. In Route 101 along with the original Pokemon that are there, Sentret, Lillipup, Galar Zigzagoon and both forms of Rattata can be caught. Which will be the (un)lucky one to enter to my team?

Pokemon Midele Emerald_26.png

Still not good IVs at all and the nature is Modest. Not that it matters, Obstagoon isn,t good under Adv mechanics either, there is no Flame Orb and the Dark STAB is special. The worst thing about this one is that it comes with Gluttony instead of the better Pick-Up ability. At least it does have Counter, which in early game can be a very useful move.

Maybe I will have better luck in Route 103? The Mons are more or less the same, with Sentret added as an option.

Pokemon Midele Emerald_27.png

These are the IVs I was looking for. Too bad it has Quiet nature. But well, after early game I am not planning to use Mons like this one unless I am forced due to not having more. Bubonica has Thick Fat, which for Nuzlocke is better than Hustle, relying on luck in Nuzlocke can be a death sentence.

While I am at route 103 I realize that I can indeed access the guy I saw earlier:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_28.png

I am not taling to him for now, since he is a special trainer and probably very strong.

Oh, wait, Mew is still blocking my way. So, I have to defeat this dude in order to advance to route 2.
First, I need to train my Mons. The Goon and Bubonica get to level 6 (Bubonica learns Quick Attack) while Mosquetona rises to 10. Hopefully I am ready to what awaits me.
Time to speak to the dude.

Pokemon Midele Emerald_29.png

Pokemon Midele Emerald_30.png

He is looking for Regidrago in order to use its energy for their investigations. Since I disturbed him, he will challenge me to a battle:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_32.png

Pokemon Midele Emerald_33.png

Pokemon Midele Emerald_34.png

A.Vader is a respected member of the Spanish forum named Pokexperto. He has appeared in all Midele games as one of the most powerful trainers, but this is the first time he has to be fought this early. In Midele Crystal post-game he had 6 level 100 Mews and in Midele Red he even defeated me, being second to last trainer. Lets see what tricks A.Vader has in this game.
For now, he has 2 Pokemon and leads with... Mew. Its at level 3, but due to its movepool, its still scary as fuck
The Goon uses Lick ... and Mew suicides with Memento, making The Goon rise to level 7:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_35.png

The other Pokemon is a shiny level 5 Unown. I don,t know which Hidden Power it has, but since The Goon its weak x4 to Fight, I switch to Mosquetona, just in case. The Hidden Power turns out to be neutral.
Being at level 10, Mosquetona has no problem tanking another Hidden Power and OHKOing Unown with Bite.

Pokemon Midele Emerald_36.png

Having defeated A.Vader, I get a reward:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_37.png

Pokemon Midele Emerald_38.png

Pokemon Midele Emerald_39.png

He gives me a very powerful Pokemon.

Pokemon Midele Emerald_40.png

Before leaving he told me that I will help him to solve the misteries of the Regi caves. Lets now see the Pokemon he gave me.

Pokemon Midele Emerald_42.png

Jolly Unown with Hidden Power Dark... Well, at least the nickname I put him fits really well. Won,t even work for Roxanne with that Hidden Power (despite always having 70 power).

And this is it for today. Hopefully you enjoy this Nuzlocke and all the tortures that are to come.

Attachments

Last edited:
Chapter 2. Game hates me.

Having defeated A.Vader I can go to Route 102 now. The Mew is still in Oldale Town though, abandoned by his trainer:

So, I get to route 102 and get another catch. What can I catch here? I already have Galar Zigzagoon, so that leaves the usual Pokemon of the route + Jigglypuff, Lillipup, Sentret, Surskit, Pidgey (Day) and Hoothoot (Night). Seedot now only appears during the day and Lotad during the night. With this in mind I have to analyze whether its better to catch during the Day or during the Night. Pidgey is better than Hoothoot as the bird, since Mega Pidgeot is present. Still, Noctowl is bulky and it has Recover in this game (as an alternative to Roost, which is not present). Shiftry is strong, having the boosted Knock Off, but Lotad line is clearly better for Nuzlockes in general and vs Roxanne in particular. So, to sum up, cathing and Night is better.
In the end, what I catch is another Mon that won,t do much vs Roxanne:

I can,t even remember if this got some movepool improvements. It does come with Beat Up and offensive IVs paired with Brave Nature are actually good. Still a trashmon unless it gets to be a Mightyena, who at least has the very useful Intimidate.

As I already said, every trainer in this game has been improved. So, I better train a little before I continue. After the training, Joke and Bubonica are at level 7, Shenzi and The Goon at level 8 (Shenzi did turn out to have improved the movepool, since it learned Poison Fang, which in this game has the 50% chance to badly poison the foe), while Mosquetona is at 11.
First trainer on the route 102 had just a Poochyena, which despite having Taunt lost quickly vs Bubonica.
Second one had 2 Wurmples, both killed by Joke.

After that, I already see the threat of this route:

I am pretty sure that the trainer on the left is not present in vanilla Emerald, meaning it has been added by Shiyo, meaning he will be strong.
Before facing him, I pick up the berries. In this game, every tree gives 5 berries and if they are planted, the take just between 40 and 50 minutes to grow up.
I plant Oran Berries and end up waiting an entire day anyway since at that moment I had to go to sleep IRL. After that I defeat the right trainer of the above image easily.
Then I give Oran Berries to all my team and go to face the dangerous trainer, who thinks that Digimons are better than Pokemon:

I really don,t know who Ismapkm is, my presence on the Pxp forums was not that deep. In any case, he just has a Charmander at level 7. Funny thing is that a Digimon theme is the music for his battle.
Joke exchanges a neutral Hidden Power with Charmander and ends up in range for OHKO if Charmander crits it. I therefore switch to Mosquetona, who tanks Ember, another Hidden Power and kills Charmander with Mud Slap. Joke rises to level 8:

There is no reward for defeating Ismapkm, but I don,t think its the last time I face him.
There is another trainer on this route, but its a regular Lass. Despite that, she has something special, a Shiny Shroomish. It doesn,t help her at all though, and Bubonica ends up getting to level 8.

I enter to Petalburg City, where I visit Normal to ask him money and help Wally to catch his Ralts.
When I attempt to leave the city, a weird creeep appears to just insult me:

After he goes away I follow to route 104, when I can catch another Mon. The new Mons thats appear there at any time of the day are Pikachu, Krabby and Hoppip. During the day there also appear Marill and Pidgey, during the night Poliwag and Hoothoot. Again, Pidgey is better than Hoothoot, but Poliwag is much better than Marill despite the Fairy typing, since Poliwag can damage Roxanne harder. So, night is again the superior time.
Unfortunately, the game wants me to lose vs Roxanne:

Hedwig has bad IVs and good (Calm) nature. It won,t help me at all vs Roxanne. To add insult to the injury, Hoothoot learns Extrasensory (a pretty powerful move for early game) at level 16, just after Level Cup.
I train a little in the Grass before taking on the trainers. This is what my team looks like after the training:

The only significant moveset addition was Hedwig learning Confusion.
I easliy defeat a Youngster at the beach, who has a Alola Rattata and a Seedot with Sunny Day. The Goon gets to level 9 by doing so and Bubonica to 10, learning a powerful STAB in Bite.
A fisherman with Magikarp and Poliwag makes Hedwig rise to level 9, learning Faint Attack.

Threat detected, the next trainer definetely is not present in vanilla Emerald:

I once again give Oran Berries to all my team and prepare for the worst.

Oh, shit, its josito .

His first Pokemon is a Shiny Teddiursa, who with 3 hits of Fury Swipes almost kills Shenzi (taking out 17 HP out of 23). Fourth hit had high chance to KO. Shenzi uses Beat Up and takes Teddiursa to yellow range.
Shenzi ate the Oran Berry, but he is still slower than Teddiursa, so another 3 hits would most likely KO. I have to switch out and choose Bubonica, since after Mosquetona its my most physically bulky Pokemon, as sad as it sounds.
Bubonica receives 3 hits too, one of which was critical. it still survives with 9 HP (19 after the berry) out of 29. Taking that into account, Bubonica can be OHKOed next hit if Teddiursa gets 4 hits.
However, unlike Shenzi, Bubonica is faster than Teddiursa and kills it with Beat Up:

Shenzi levels up to 9. Josito's other Pokemon is a level 5 Psyduck. Bubonica attacks with Bite and receives Water Pulse, which confuses:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_18.png

I switch to Joke, who takes another Water Pulse and ends the battle with Hidden Power:

Josito takes the lose pretty well and respectfully:

The last Lady with Zigzagoon of this part of the route goes down to Shenzi and I can enter to Petalburg Woods.

Apart from the usual Mons, Weedle, Caterpie and Aipom appear in Petalburg Woods at any time. Rookidee, Silcoon, Ledyba and Sunkern appear during the day, Hoothoot (which I already have), Spinarak and Cottonee appear during the night. Thinking about Roxanne, once again Night is the better time, since Cottonee is a better Pokemon than Sunkern.
The game still hates me though:

It does have good IVs (with Sassy Nature), but it does not help too much vs Roxanne. I still put it in the team and take out The Goon in order to not have 2 Mons with the exact same typing.

I do another little training at the forest, this is the team after that:

Shenzi learned Bite and Mosquetona Quick Attack.

A Bug Catcher with an army of 4 Bugs is the first trainer of the forest. Holgazana proves to be a very useless Pokemon when it has troubles defeating a single Silcoon (which did have attacking moves), but Hedwig sweeps the rest of the team.

Right after the battle a wild Shroomish doesn,t let Holgazana escape, so it rises to level 9 after Hedwig saves her again.

-Yes, I had, and I wish it was the first Poke I have seen instead of making me waste time.

The Team Aqua grunt appears, but he still has just a Poochyena, which boosts with Howl twice (receiving a Scrath in the process) and uses Sand Attack to Holgazana, who uses Encore.
I switch to Bubonica, who takes 2 Sand Attacks and uses Quick Attack, badly damaging Poochyena. However, Poochy has an Oran Berry and Encore wears off.
Bubonica misses a Quick Attack and takes another Sand Attack, ending up at -3 Accuracy.
Bubonica does hit her next move, but Poochyena damages her with Poison Fang.
I switch to Mosquetona, who ends up badly poisoned, but finishes Poochyena with a critical Quick Attack:

Devon dude leaves after giving me a Superball and I leave too, this chapter was already long enough.

Chapter 3. Zygarde 1% and broken Karps.

Another day of me approaching my fate, still not having Pokemon that are good for Roxanne.

And my misadventures at Petalburg Woods haven,t ended. After dealing with a Bug Catcher (Hedwig rises to level 11 in doing so), I see another threat.

This guy looks like Ragu. And Ragu is a very known haxor in the Spanish Community. If he ends up being Ragu, I am in danger.

He doesn,t speak to me like he knows me, so probably he isn,t Ragu. This guy has a theory about Zygarde being in the Hoenn region (which is not true, Zygarde is not in this game). Since I don,t believe him, he will use Zygarde 1% to battle me:

Hypeantonio is known in the Pxp forums for his crazy theories that no one really believes. One of his Pokemon is pre-statused in this battle, I don,t know what for.
The prestatused Mon is sent first, its a Caterpie that is asleep. It does look like Zygarde 1 % to be fair.
Caterpie uses Snore 2 times vs Holgazana. Then it predicts the awakening turn and starts using Tackle. It takes a lot of turns, but Holgazana ends up defeating a Caterpie 3 levels lower:

The next Mon of Hypeantonio is a Shiny Silicobra. It uses Minimize 2 times and avoids Encore.
But the snake has too much greed and uses Minimize 2 more times. The move hasn,t been updated and only boosts Evasion 1 level. Holgazana hits Encore this time and I switch to Hedwig, who has Faint Attack.

Hedwig uses Faint Attack before Silicobra gets to +6. After it gets to +6, since the Mon is still Encored, Hypeantonio switches out, to Houndour.
Hedwig damages Houndour with Peck and gets badly poisoned with Toxic. Houndour proceeds to stall out Hedwig by using Protect.
Hedwig uses another Peck and takes Ember from the dog.

I switch to Mosquetona after that, predicting Protect. Houndour uses Ember however.
Before Houndour has the chance to use Toxic, Mosquetona kills him with Quick Attack:

Silicobra comes back. It tries to hax again with Minimize, but a combination of Mud Slap and Quick Attack ends the battle:

Hypeantonio says that his Zygardes lost for not being at 100% capacity. He also tells me that Melkor (leader of Pxp Forums and as some say a very wealthy man IRL) has been seen in Hoenn.

I get out of Petalburg Woods. Close to the Flower Shop in vanilla Emerald there is a guy who gives the Bullet Seed TM. He is not in this game anymore.

Pokemon Midele Emerald_31.png

Not that it matters, since I don,t have any Grass types and right now am completely helpless vs Roxanne.

I still get the Wailmer Pail in order to have a bigger harvest of Berries.
First 2 battles of the route make Holgazana rise to level 10 (learning Faint Attack) and Joke to level 11.

There are no new trainers here, but there is still one danger for Nuzlockers:

A Double Battle. In this game you can,t avoid them by putting every Pokemon except 1 in the PC.
In this one, the twins have Seedot and Lotad. The AI has been improved, so they know that Holgazana has Truant and use Protect with Seedot. Fortunately for me I double target the Lotad, who uses Rain Dance before fainting.
After that, Seedot tries to Stall with Leech Seed + Protect (in Truant turns), but Shenzi has Poison Fang and ends up killing it.

Last trainer of the route is a Fisherman. Holgazana just barely manages to defeat his first Magikarp at level 10. Then a level 15 one with Bubble appears and forces Holgazana out. I switch to Bubonica.
Bubonica battles vs Magikarp for several turns, but ends up in range of KO, so I have to switch to Joke.
Joke manages to win vs level 15 Magikarp, but almost dies when the last one (at level 10 again) crits with Tackle:

Joke crits Magikarp in the same turn and wins the battle. Now look at how 3 broken Magikarps left Holgazana, Bubonica and Joke (all 3 held Oran Berries before the battle):

I enter to Rustboro City and find a Moonstone there (there used to be an X Item which got replaced, since they can,t be used in battle now anyway). It would have been useful if I catched a Jygglypuff in one of the first routes.
I get Cut and Quick Claw in the City and there isn,t much more to do here before challenging the Gym. One other thing has changed though:

This used to be a Seedot seeking for a Ralts. Now a Feebas is possible to get without fishing for a very long time in routr 119 and this one has maximum Beauty, so it will evolve into Milotic quickly. If I get Houndour somewhere, I will do this trade.

Of course, I am not battling Roxanne yet, since I can get 2 more Mons. First one is in Route 116. Snubbul, Paras and Budew are new Mons of this route that appear at any time. Taillow, Solosis and Sunkern appear during the Day, Hoothoot (which I have) and Cottonee during the Night. Cottonee is still better than Sunkern, so Night is the best time to catch.
So, what Pokemon do I get?

Its weak to Rock, but I last I have another Mon that can damage Roxanne hard. And it has been very improved in this game. When holding Big Mushroom, Paras and Parasect double both their Defenses. When holding TinyMushroom (such as the one Honguito has), its Attack, Special Attack and Speed are multiplied by 1,5. So, essentially Honguito has Band, Specs and Scarf at the same time while having the power to switch moves. It also comes Growth, which in this game boosts both Attack and Special Attack. This one has pretty good IVs, although it could have better Special Attack for Roxanne. The nature is Lonely, so when he learns Leech Life (which has 80 power in this game) Honguito will hit quite hard.

The useless Holgazana gets out of the team to make room for Honguito. I do another training before beating the trainers of this route. This is the team right now:

Honguito learned Mega Drain, Hedwig Air Cutter and Bubonica Revenge, improving her match-up against Roxanne. Time to beat Route 116 trainers.

I defeat the iconic Youngster Joey, who now has 2 Rattatas, one of them Alolan. The next Bug Cathcer has Snom (OHKOd by Honguito's Metal Claw), Ninca with Sandstorm and a sleeping Silcoon. The Pidgey of a School Girl almost kills Joke with a crit Uproar. A Hiker tries to hax me with Sand Veil Larvitar using Sandstorm but Bubonica is too strong and gets to level 14, learning Thunder Wave. Last 2 trainers (a Youngster and another Hiker) both were swept by Honguito, who learned Synthesis at level 13.
I find an Ice Stone, but have no Pokemon to use it on.

In Rusturf Tunnel I can make one last catch before Roxanne (unless a Shiny appears on my way back or during the final training). Delibird, Chingling, Diglett Alola and Dunsparce now appear here. This is what I catch:

Probably the best thing I could have caught at the Tunnel. It comes with the Tangle Hair ability, which probably is the most useful one vs Roxanne. the IVs are good as a whole, but very badly distributed, the 2 best Stats have the lowest IVs. Melenas does not come with a STAB move, but will learn 2 very soon.

Melenas replaces Hedwig on the team, since Hedwig is the worst Mon in a Rock Gym.

I do one final training at Rusturf Tunnel during which I discover that I have been very lucky to catch Melenas. A total of 0 Alolan Diglett appeared during the training. This will be the team used for the Rustboro Gym:

Melenas has learned Mud Slap and Metal Claw, while Shenzi learned Dig. I still miss a water type or a Grass that is not weak to Rock, but this is as good as the team could get for Roxanne, who I will battle in the next chapter.

Attachments

Chapter 4. Breaking rocks.

Its time to face Roxanne. But of course, she is not the only trainer in her Gym, so I can gain some experience with the Mons that are below level 15.

First Youngster has just a Alolan Geodude. Despite being weak x4 to Ground, Melenas can only 3HKO with Mud Slap. This wouldn,t have happened with Mosquetona though, which not only has higher Attack, but also Sheer Force.
Second Younster leads with Slugma. This one is too scary for Melenas, so I switch to Joke, who defeats both Slugma and Rockruff. Melenas still benefited from this battle, rising to level 14.
Final trainer is a Hiker who has both variants of Geodude. Joke defeats both of them and rises to level 14.

So, time to predict what Roxanne will use. Her ace is an obvious one, Nosepass. A Geodude is also granted, but there might be 2 diffent forms of it (although that is desirable, Alola one is much easier for my team to defeat). In vanilla Emerald Roxanne's final team includes Aerodactyl, Steelix, Omanyte and Kabutops. Well, Aero is unlikely (the game almost gives no options to defeat that at this point) but prevos of all the others could appear (and be Honguito's food). In BW2 Roxanne also uses Armaldo, Cradily, Aggron and Relicanth. All those are native Hoenn Mons, so I have to be prepared for them. Yes, even Relicanth could appear, unlike Aerodactyl, its not something unbeatable for a NFE army.

Looking at my team, Melenas looks like the best lead, since the only things it fears are ground Attacks from Geodude and Rock-Waters. Its also better in the lead position because since its so frail, switching in won,t be easy. Vs Kanto Geodude lead my strat would be switching out to Joke, who is immune to Ground. Vs Kabuto or Omanyte, Honguito would be switch-in. With all this in mind, I begin the battle.

The lead match-up is not good, Kanto Geodude. So, according to my plan, I switch-in Joke, while the Geodude uses Defense Curl.
There is no plan needed with Joke, I just click Hidden Power Dark. After doing it twice, Geodude continues boosting the defense, but heals with Oran Berry.
Joke doesn,t let Geodude do a damage-dealing move, a crit Hidden Power sends it to its grave:

Roxanne sends the Nosepass now. Joke uses another Hidden Power and takes a Rock Tomb.
Nosepass is faster the next turn... but uses Taunt. Another Hidden Power for him.
Turns out, at -1, Joke still had speed-tie. It attacks first, taking Nosepass to yellow range. After the Rock Tomb, both Pokemon eat their Oran Berries.
Next Rock Tomb leaves Joke with just 7 HP. It can still be useful as a sack slot, so I will switch to Melenas now.

Quad-resistant to Rock Melenas only loses 3 HP from Rock Tomb.
At -1, Melenas is still faster than Nosepass but unable to kill it with Metal Claw. Nosepass also manages to crit with Rock Tomb.
Nosepass uses Tackle before dying from Metal Claw:

Anorith is next opponent. Its probably faster than Melenas, but does it have an effective move? Turns out it has, Water Gun. Anorith ends up in red by Metal Claw, Melenas consumes the Oran Berry.

I switch to Shenzi, since Melenas is at -2 Speed and I don,t want her to take more damge for now. Shenzi takes a Water Gun.
Despite being 5 levels higher, Shenzi is slower than Anorith, but the fossil misses Rock Tomb and dies from Bite.

Shenzi its at the right moment on the field, next Roxanne's Mon is Aron, who too is faster than Shenzi. Aron uses Metal Claw, making Shenzi eat his Oran Berry under the ground.
Next turn Aron uses Harden, which allows it to survive Dig in red.
I missclick and use Dig instead of Bite. It doesn,t make difference though, Aron still dies after hitting hard with Metal Claw:

2 Pokemon left, and the first is a Lileep. Shenzi attacks first this time and badly poisons Lileep with Poison Fang. Then, it almost dies:

I switch to Melenas, receiving an Astonish, which takes it to yellow range.
Melenas leaves Lileep in red with Metal Claw and has its speed dropped with Rock Tomb. Lileep dies from the poison:

Shenzi grows to level 15 after this, Melenas didn,t for now.
Last Roxanne's Pokemon is Alolan Geodude. Having so low HP, I better switch to Mosquetona to finish this battle. It ends up being the right call, Geodude used Fire Punch.

Geodude uses another Fire Punch and Mosquetona crits with Mud Slap. This doesn,t kill Geodude, since it has Sturdy, which works like in current gens.
Quick Attack does end the battle though:

Therefore, I win my first badge with 0 casualties. This is what careful planning (+ luck in Rusturf Tunnel) does. Melenas gets to level 15 and learns Agility, replacing the very dangerous for Nuzlocke Uproar.

So, I can gain experience again with all my Mons and I get the Rock Tomb TM too. The move has been updated to Gen 8, so it doesn,t miss too much like in vanilla Emerald. This is how my team was left after the battle:

After teaching Rock Tomb to both Melenas and Mosquetona, I leave the Gym.
I see the Team Aqua Grunt going to Rusturf Tunnel and follow him there. Before I enter though, I cut the trees of Route 116 and defeat the remaining trainers, which makes Joke rise to level 16.

The grunt still has just a Poochyena, so he goes down to Bubonica easily. I receive the Devon Goods and save Peeko.

The Devon worker takes me to his company and Mr. Stone gives me a letter for Steven and also a Pokenav.
When I try to leave Devon Corp, I encounter the main villain of all Midele games, Micolo:

Micolo is a meme user in the Pxp Forum. He is the one responsible for Midele name, since he had a daycare on that forum with the name. No one really knows what Midele means, but the name was cool enough to give to the games. In Midele Crystal Micolo was the last trainer and defeated me very easily with the broken Midele Power (an exclusive attack in Midele games, in each one it has different effects). I did defeat Micolo in Midele Red on first try however, since he was weaker in that game.
For now, Micolo doesn,t want to battle. He just came to upgrade my Pokenav with the Dexnav function as a gift for defeating the Aqua Grunt.

Under the rules of my Nuzlocke, I can,t use DexNav to get better Mons, but can show how it works:

For example, if I search now, a Paras will appear in shaking Grass:

If I start walking, Dexnav will start showing some information about the Pokemon I search (good IVs, items, level, Egg moves, or Shiny conditions):

That 2 stars show that this Sunkern has pretty good IVs. Similar to DPP Pokeradar, if you search many Mons of the same specie in a row, Shiny Pokemon chance increases. Something to have in mind is pressing the A button while approaching the Mon, otherwise it will escape.

Back to the story, I try to leave Rustboro City in order to go to Dewford, but...

I have to fight vs Shiyo. In this game, this battle is forced, unlike in vanilla Emerald.

Shiyo has 2 Mons and leads with Pikachu. Pika manages to paralyze Joke and damage it pretty hard, but ends up going down:

The other Pokemon is the starter Snover. I switch to Bubonica, who avoids Razor Leaf.
Bubonica takes Icy Wind and uses Revenge, which brings Snover to the red. Snover eats an Oran Berry.
Bubonica tries to kill Snover with Quick Attack, but fails at it. The tree almost kills Bubonica with Razor Leaf, leaving only 3 HP. Bubonica eats the Oran Berry.
Next turn the battle ends and Joke rises to level 16:

Before ending this chapter, I put Bubonica in the PC. Is a very good Mon for early game, but I need to start preparing for the next Gym, which is Fighting type. So, Hedwig (Hoothoot) returns to the team once again. Probably Joke, Shenzi and Melenas will leave the team soon too, but I need something to replace them for.

Attachments

Chapter 5. A bright, shiny future.

First thing I do is grind Hedwig to level 13.

Then I go to Petalburg Woods, where I cut the trees in order to get Miracle Seed (which I have no use for right now, since Honguito needs the TinyMushroom) and Everstone. Everstone is a more useful item in this game, since it raises 50% all Stats when Eevee holds it, making the training of that Mon easier.

I visit Mr. Briney. and he takes me to Dewford Town. I get the Silk Scarf and the Old Rod there. I use the Rod in the same town and catch the only new Pokemon that appears here:

Krabby and Kingler have not been improved very much in this game, although they have some moves (such as Knock Off) updated to current Gen. However, this line gets another evolution, Gigamax Kingler, which has very high Stats. Similar to the Megas, Gigamax Kingler can hold items. Centollo has pretty bad IVs and a nature that rised Defense and lowers Special Defense. Still, as it isn,t weak to fighting, it replaces Shenzi in the team for now.

I teach Centollo Cut and Rock Tomb and go to train it. While training Centollo, first Shiny of the game appears in route 116:

I almost kill ir right away:

Still, I catch it with my only Premier Ball:

The IVs are decent for a Ninjask, but bad for Shedinja. The nature is Timid, which will make Shedinja pretty useless offensively. Still, for Brawly both Ninjask and Shedinja can help. It does come with a cost, however. According to my own rules, I can,t catch more Shinies in route 116.

Ninjabug replaces Melenas in the team and joins Centollo with the training. Ninjabug ends up reaching level 13 and Centollo level 15 (learning Bubble Beam and Mud Shot).

Continuing the story, I leave Dewford and go to route 106. The 2 Fishermen are quickly defeated. One of them has a level 19 Magikarp but thanks to Honguito and his Dry Skin, the fish is not a threat anymore.

I enter Granite Cave, which is a very dangerous location, since it has 4 trainers now. None of them will be a pushover, at least in theory.
Regarding the Mons in Granite Cave, there are 5 diffent areas here with different Mons that appear in them. In my opinion, it wouldn,t be fair to catch 5 Mons here, so I will divide the place in 2 areas: the Steven Room and the rest of the cave.

Rest of the cave is first. Appart from the usual Mons, Geodude Alola appears in 1F now. Meowth Galar appears in all the cave except 2F, where Drillbur appears. Mawile and Drowzee appear in B1F and B2F. Those (and Sableye) are probably the most useful Mons against Brawly, so when entering the cave in 1F, I use a Repel.

Already from the entrance I see one of the new trainers:

Well, not 1, but 2:

At this point I can be considered a native Spanish speaker. Yet, I don,t understand that sentence.

Addri is another member of Pxp Forums. If he is the same one I think he is, he is an Old Gens researcher that has discovered some glitches in RBY.
His only Pokemon is a Shiny level 15 Psyduck. My lead is Ninjabug, so I switch in Honguito, who takes Pay Day.

Despite TinyMushroom, Psyduck is still faster than Honguito and uses another Pay Day. Honguito crits with Megadrain, but that doesn,t kill Psyduck.
Next turn battle ends, though, but Honguito still was quite damaged. Ninjabug rose to level 14 meanwhile.

I get to B1F and make the catch... or not.

I only get the Steven Room catch I guess.

As usually, I make a training before continuing to explore the cave. This is the team after the training:

After that, I enter the dark part of the cave. And in the darkness a trainer appears:

... have lost my way.

Its a special trainer, just a random Hiker with Dunsparce. Between Hedwig and Mosquetona the snake is defeated, rising Hedwig to level 15.

The 3rd trainer of the cave is just a regular Ruin Maniac. He has a Sandshrew and a Baltoy. Ninjabug rose to level 15 after defeating the Sandshrew, Joke dealt with Baltoy.

The 4th trainer is the one I saw from the entrance. This one is special:

Jzombie is another madman from Pxp. His first Pokemon is a Gastly that doesn,t look to have any special moves. Ninjabug ends up defeating him:

The second Mon is an Onix. While sending him, Jzombie shows another new feature from this game:

Some trainers now have talk during the battle.

Onix boosts its Defense with Harden and its Attack with Sharpen while Ninjabug steals his HP with Absorb. Then the big snake crits with Dragon Breath and leaves Ninjabug in KO range from another Dragonbreath. I have to switch out.

Mosquetona is the choosen Mon to finish Onix. She has to take a Dragonbreath and a Tackle, but KOs the snake with Bite:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_41.png

I have defeated all the trainers of the cave. But there is another new threat ahead:

A misterious statue blocks the way, if I touch it, it will transform into a powerful Pokemon that will adapt his level to the maximum of my team.

Pokemon Midele Emerald_43.png

Yes, Totems are a thing in this game. And they still have Totem Aura, so their Stats are boosted. They don,t get allys however.
My lead is Ninjabug. Totem Probopass uses Taunt and gets hit by Mud Slap.
The second turn the Probopass uses Sandstorm. Ninjabug hits another Mud Slap.
Totem Probopass uses Rock Throw, but it doesn,t hit hard. Probopass is already in red.
Probopass uses Taunt again and dies from Mud Slap. This Totem was very easy:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_44.png

Ninjabug rises to level 16 after the battle.

I finally reach Steven's room, where I can catch another Pokemon. Apart from the usual Makuhita, Aron, Zubat and Abra, there are Meowth Galar, Larvitar and Drilbur in this room.
I give Steven his letter first and receive the Steel Wing TM.

I get the catch and when I attempt to leave the cave, the second Shiny of the game appears:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_45.png

Pokemon Midele Emerald_47.png

Yes, I am the lucky guy who misses regular Abra, but catches a Shiny one. Lets now see out caught Mons of the cave:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_48.png

Those Attack IVs are sad, but they are compensated by Naughty nature, which boosts the Stat. Excadrill does get Iron Head in this game, but its not as broken as you would think it would be in Adv: it only has the Sand Force ability (Sand Rush is present, but Excadrill doesn,t have it). Its still broken in sand vs slow teams, but it can be revenge killed at least.

Pokemon Midele Emerald_50.png

Its even slower than it looks, since it has Relaxed Nature. Its literally the slowest Abra ever. And no, Mega Alakazam is not in this game. Still, its better than Joke vs Brawly, so it replaces it. Congratulations Joke, you will now live in the PC forever, but at least you will never die unlike many (probably all at some point) of the Mons that are currently in the team. Of course, I can,t catch more Shinys in Granite Cave now.

Time to finish this chapter. Before Psicopata's training (and evolution), this is the team that will challenge Dewford Gym:

Pokemon Midele Emerald_51.png

Last edited:
Chapter 6. Floor washing.

In order to have it easier vs Brawly, I train Psicopata until he evolves at level 16:

He learns Psywave, Confusion and Kinesis during the training. After rising one more level, I go to Dewford Gym.

The first Battlegirl of the Gym just has a Meditite which despite using a strong Fake Out, ends up going down to a combination of Hedwig and Ninjabug.
The next battle is a double one, scary for a Nuzlocke:

Lombre and Meditite are the opponents of Hedwig and Ninjabug. Since Lombre threatens Ninjabug, I switch to Honguito. Hedwig meanwhile takes a Fake Out from both opponents and eats the Oran Berry.
Honguito attacks Meditite with Mega Drain. Meditite uses Meditate, both opponents take Air Cutter from Hedwig and Lombre confuses everyone with Teeter Dance.
Both of my Pokemon ignore the confusion and kill both opponents (Lombre gets critted by Air Cutter). This makes Hedwig rise to level 16 and learn Extrasensory. Ninjabug rose to level 17 meanwhile.

Next Battle Girl has a Pancham that almost kills Hedwig with crit Karate Chop:

Then I battle a Blackbelt whose Machop goes down quickly, getting to use only Toxic of all things.
Final Blackbelt has a Makuhita who makes Hedwig rise to level 17.

So, only Brawly remains now. Lets analyze him. Machop, Meditite and Makuhita are obvious Mons he will have. After that, it gets harder to predict. His other Emerald Mons (in the post-game rematches) are the 3 Hitmons, but they are unlikely to appear here, since they evolve at level 20, which is the Level Cap. This game is hard, but not to these extremes. Tyrogue might appear, but its way to weak of a Mon, Shiyo is too cruel to use such a bad Mon for a Gym battle. Then in BW2 Brawly also uses Heracross and Breloom. Heracross would be pretty scary for me, and its not impossible to appear. Breloom on the other hand is impossible, but there might be a Shroomish, which is not as weak as Tyrogue. Of course, there could be other Fight types that Brawly has no relation to in original games, such as Pancham, Monferno or Galarian Farfetch'd.

Since the only Mon neutral to Psychic that Brawly could use is Meditite, I can pretty safely lead with Psicopata and try to sweep with him. So, this is the line-up:

Brawly leads with Shroomish, which is actually annoying for Psicopata, since it will live a Confusion and could use a Status move. I switch in Ninjabug, who avoids Leech Seed.

Ninjabug uses Gust and avoids Stun Spore. Its a ninja indeed.
Next turn Ninjabug continues to use Gust and again avoids Stun Spore.
Ninjabug uses Gust again and finally gets paralyzed.
Ninjabug doesn,t attack next turn, but still avoids Leech Seed.
Shroomish uses Megadrain, Ninjabug still can,t move.
Shroomish finally hits Leech Seed and avoids the death for next turn thanks to that. Now I need to switch in Psicopata again.

Psicopata tanks Mega Drain and kills the Shroomish with Confusion:

Makuhita enters the field. It will never attack since Psicopata just crits with Confusion:

Psicopata rises to level 18. He can,t face Meditite confortably, especially if that thing has Fake Out. So I switch Honguito in.

Meditite did indeed use Fake Out.
Despite the TinyMushroom, Meditite is still faster and confuses with Confusion. Honguito still damages Meditite with Mega Drain.

I switch Ninjabug in. It takes a lot of damage from Confusion and consumes the Oran Berry.
Ninjabug is left in Red by the next Confusion, but manages to hit with Gust.

Time to bring Psicopata back. Meditite uses Confusion again and Psicopata takes almost no damage.
Psicopata uses Confusion and Meditite dies.

Riolu is next. Its just OHKOed by Confusion:

Same thing happens to Machop, Psicopata rises to level 19:

Oh, Brawly indeed has a Tyrogue as last Mon. As expected, it also gets OHKOed by Confusion:

Psicopata really washed the floor with Brawly. Probably Shiyo should have included Scraggy instead of Pancham in this game, so that Brawly wasn,t pathetically easy. Or put a Heracross in his team.
I get the badge, the Bulk Up TM and the Level Cap update:

This is how the team ended up after the battle:

So far, 2 badges and 0 deaths. In order to balance my team a little and not repeat types, I put Ninjabug in the PC and take back Shenzi, the Poochyena.

Chapter 7. Dark Pika.

Before heading to Slateport City, I train Shenzi a little, so that he reaches level 16.

Mr. Briney takes me to Route 109, the beach of Slateport. There, I get the Soft Sand and use the Old Rod:

I expected the new Shellder, but this also works. Furia Azul gets maximum Special Defense possible, since it has Gentle Nature (lowers the other Defense). The other IVs are a bit lacking, but Gyarados is still pretty strong and supports well with Intimidate.

Time to defeat all the beach trainers. After Shenzi can,t deal with first Sailor's Wingull, Psicopata has to sweep again and rises to level 20.
Shenzi does win against an annoying Tuber with a Marill that has Sing + Bounce. Then, a Galarian Farfetch'd from a Sailor is too scary for Shenzi but Psicopata defeats it. Shenzi rises to level 17.
Centollo faces a Tuber with Elekid, so I obviously switch him out for Mosquetona. Centollo still grows to level 17.
Centollo succesfully murders the 2 Azurill next Tuber has. Then he does the same for another one with Tentacool and Horsea, rising to level 18 and learning Slash.

First trainer of the Sea Cottage proves no threat, but the second one almost kills Mosquetona:

It also ends up being the last battle of Mosquetona as a Trapinch:

Yes, Trapinch evolves at level 18 in this game due to being a starter. Training a Trapinch all the way to 35 is a painful experience. Mosquetona lears Dragon Breath after evolving. I give Mosquetona Soft Sand to hold, Oran Berries are starting to become not effective at this point.

Last trainer of Sea Cottage, also makes a close call with his Double Kick Wooper:

After I get the 6 Soda Pops, I enter Slateport City. This is my current team, for reference:

I explore the city. At the Battle Tent I get the Torment TM.
Then, I find a change in the city:

This used to be the Name Rater's house, but since that service is now provided by the Pokemon Center, someone had to move in that house. So, the Assistant that lives there gives rewards if you have a specific number of Pokemon registered in the Pokedex. The lowest number is 20, but I still have just 16, so no reward for me this time.

I get Soothe Bell at the Pokemon Fan Club. If I get to catch a Wigglytuff, this item now increases both of his defenses 50% when held.

In the market there is a new NPC:

Its Masuda. He does not sell anything and doesn,t battle. He just speaks a long speach when he mocks current Gen players that look for harder challenges.

Next thing I do is fishing in Slateport City. There are no new Mons here, so there is one possible to get now that I have Magikarp...

Quite good IVs here, and the nature is Bold. A generic bulky water who in this game has a boosted Knock Off to make progress vs opposing stallers.

I then visit route 110 to make another catch. Toxel and Grubbin are new Mons that appear at any time there. Growlithe, Lillipup, Mareep and Bellsprout appear during the day, Houndour, Poochyena and Oddish during the night. I would like to get the Feebas trade at Rustboro, so once again I aim at the Night time.

Fuck yeah! Right the Mon I needed to do the trade. Houndour has Mega in this game, but it still can be caught in the post-game. For now, I trade this one in Rustboro City for...

Shiyo wanted to troll everyone and put 31 IVs in Attack out of all things. Still, 15 elsewhere is not bad and the nature is Modest. As his name suggests, this Feebas has maximum beauty and will evolve when leveled up. Also Big Pearl is nice money. For now I will use Centollo as my water though, in the post-game I will need more bulky waters like Milotic.

Back in Slateport, I do some training in Route 110. This happens during the training:

Shenzi learns Nasty Plot after evolving, so the Bite now will be more powerful. This is the team after the training:

I visit Captain Stern to deliver him the Devon Goods, but he is not at his workplace, so I have to go to the Oceanic Museum.

Lots of peaceful and eager to learn Aqua Grunts are at the museum:

One of them gives me the Thief TM. Since it has 60 power in this game, I teach it to Hedwig and Psicopata. Unfortunately, you can,t use the move to steal items from trainers anymore (except in Battle Frontier).

I find Captain Stern in the second floor. But when I give him the Devon Goods, 2 hostile Aqua Grunts appear:

But this time, they won,t be battling. Because someone else appears:

Micolo looks like he hears voices in this game:

The voices tell Micolo that they don,t need the Devon Goods anymore. Micolo battles both grunts anyway and defeats them easily:

The Grunts escape after that:

Then Micolo speaks to me and he wants to battle:

Micolo might be a meme talking, but he is very serious when battling. His battle music is the same theme that the starting screen of the game has (Evangelion Opening).
His first Mon is a level 15 Treecko, who Double Kicks Hedwig and takes Air Cutter.
Next turn Treecko dies, not before damaging Hedwig again:

The next Pokemon is the signature Mon of Micolo and very powerful one, Dark Pika:

This thing is deadly, when at level 100 at least. Its Electric-Dark with Stats of 115/125/85/180/120/120 . The abilities are Intimidate (which this one has) and Tough Claws. At higher (starting from 39) levels Dark Pika learns very powerful signature Moves. By TMs it has similar Movepool to regular Pikachu's one, but it also lears Earthquake, Overheat and Sword Dance. At a low level, it has another signature Move, Hola Reina. This move is Dark type and has Seismic Toss/ Night Shade effect. Unlike those moves, however, Hola Reina bypasses Protect and Detect.

Hedwig eats his Oran Berry, but obviously he is no match for this monster. I switch Mosquetona in while Dark Pika uses Curse.

Even at -1, Dark Pika is faster than Mosquetona and uses Curse again. Sand Tomb deals very low damage, but at least it will be damaging Dark Pika until Mosquetona dies or is replaced.
Mosquetona uses Dragon Breath and Dark Pika paralyzes it with Glare.

I have no idea what move will Dark Pika use now, his movepool is too vast. But I don,t want to lose Mosquetona this early, so I switch to Shenzi, who Intimidates Dark Pika. The monster uses Curse again.
Shenzi uses Poison Fang and poisons Dark Pika, who uses Glare again.
Dark Pika finally attacks. Fortunately it uses special Thundershock, so Shenzi kills it with Dig. It won,t be this easy when I start facing Dark Pikas in late game ( and this WILL happen):

Dark Pika gives a lot of experience, so both Hedwig and Shenzi level up. Micolo sends a Igglybuff now.
Igglybuff damages Shenzi with Water Pulse. Shenzi takes Igglybuff to red with Poison Fang and poisons him. Shenzi gets affected by Cute Charm however.
Igglybuff uses Shock Wave, making Shenzi eat his berry. Shenzi gets inmovilized by the love this turn.

I switch Honguito in to take next Shock Wave. Igglybuff dies from poison:

Honguito has to escape now, next opponent is Torchic. I send Centollo, who takes Ember.

Centollo can,t kill Torchic with Bubble Beam and receives a Sand Attack.
Centollo kills Torchic next turn:

Mudkip is the last Pokemon of Micolo. 2 Slashes of Centollo end the battle, getting Centollo to level 22 too:

This time I defeat Micolo quite easily, but it won,t be this way when I face him again. As I already mentiones several times, Micolo is always the final boss of Midele games. Micolo congratulates me for the victory and mentions where he will be waiting me in post-game.

After that, he goes away. Right after that, Archie appears. His dialogue is the same as in vanilla Emerald, but somehow it still fits for the situation:

After Archier and then Stern leave, I try to get out of the museum too, but another character that looks like Shiyo appears:

This misterious character (which I think is Melkor, the Pxp Forums leader)warns me about Micolo and the Pxp Mafia and then gives me a new item:

Music Player is a new item that as the name suggests, allows to play Music. Some are from vanilla Emerald:

Some from other Pokemon games:

And others from not Pokemon at all (but some opponents use them in battle):

Not all musics are available for me currently, I need to find cards to get more musics.

With this, I can finish the chapter.

Attachments

Chapter 8. Helping Hand show.

I leave Slateport City and go to route 110. The first trainer there is a Pokefan that has a Plusle and Minun. Normally they wouldn,t be a threat, but the Plusle had Metronome and poisoned Mosquetona with Poison Gas. If it used an Ice Move, it could have been the end for Mosquetona.
Second Pokefan has the same core, but gives no troubles.

I turn to route 103 before continuing my way. There are trainers here to beat. First one is an Aroma Lady with Applin and Nidorina, who both lose to Mosquetona.
Then a double battle comes vs Twins Amy & Liv , who have Plusle and Minun. And a tragedy happens here. I switch out Hedwig for Honguito in order to avoid an electric move, while Minun uses Helping Hand and Plusle Hidden Power:

RIP Honguito. First death of the Nuzlocke. Fortunately it has never evolved, so I might still catch a Parasect in the post-game (won,t appear before that).
I send Psicopata and win the match easily after that tragedy.

I replace Honguto with Ninjabug (Nincada) and train him until level 18.

Then I continue my training at the route 103 and face a Pokefan with a Delcatty. Its a more dangerous Pokemon in this game, since when it has a Pokedoll held, it gets a 50% boost in Attack, Special Attack and Speed.
Delcatty uses Fake Out to Ninjabug and then starts using CM. Ninjabug uses Mud Slap and then I switch to Psicopata...
Which ends up being a bad decision, Delcatty uses Faint Attack. It still deals less than a half damage, but leaves Psicopata in crit-KO range.
I switch to Shenzi then. Delcatty reveals its last move, which is Shock Wave. Shenzi uses Poison Fang, but not only does it not poison, Shenzi also gets affected by Cute Charm.
Mosquetona is the one who ends up winning this battle, but quite damaged too. Trainers are starting to become stronger.

Then comes a fisherman. He starts with a scary Gyarados, but it only looks scary, since it has just Splash, Tackle and Bite. Shenzi uses Nasty Plot 3 times and sweeps the Gyarados and a Chinchou.

I approach the Altering Cave:

In this game, Altering Cave is always present, not just after you defeat the League. And the Pokemon that appear there are not Zubats, but starters of different generations. Each day a different generation starters appear, but if you pay 20000 to the girl on the left, you can choose the generation. I pay the money and this is what I choose:

So, I catch a starter from Gen 2 and it turns out to be the one I wanted:

So, often Chikorita is regarded as the worst starter, but in my opinion its still very good for Johto and other games when it appears. Chikorita is not meant to be the sweeper, its a team player and a supporter. There has never been an obligation to go full offensive in-game and its a mistake to assume that way to be the right one to play Pokemon games. Therefore I will use Gerania in this game to prove that its good.
Chikorita has been improved a little by getting the ability Natural Cure. This has been done as a favoritism towards original starters, every single one of them has a second ability. But not every hidden ability they originally had is present in the game, so some have exclusive abilities in this game: Charizard gets Tough Claws (which Mega-X has, so there is some reference), Meganium Natural Cure (its quite similar to Leaf Guard), Sceptile Lighting Rod (Mega's ability), Blaziken No Guard ( Speed Boost is present, but Blaziken would be really broken with that), Empoleon Slush Rush (its a penguin after all), Serperior Intimidate (Snake=scary), Chesnaught Iron Barbs (it has spikes), Decidueye Trace (well, its an expert archer that analyzes the opponent), Primarina Cute Charm (fits a lot) and Rillaboom Punk Rock (has a musical instrument).
Gerania has quite good IVs, but both defenses are hindered: Sdef has just 1 IV and despite Physical one having 31, the nature is Mild. The HP is still high enough though.

For now Gerania won,t enter the team, since a battle vs Shiyo is soon, he will probably have an Abomasnow at this point. After that battle, I will start preparing for Wattson, so Gerania will be useful then.

Time to finish with the trainers of Route 103. Next one is a Guitarrist with a Voltorb, which Ninjabug walls. Last one is a Blackbelt with a Makuhita, which Ninjabug also walls and gets at level 19.

Now, with Ninjabug being at level 19, I take a Pokemon out of the team and train Ninjabug at the Grass of Route 110 until he grows to level 20:

And of course, I get a Shedinja as a bonus:

With the Move Relearner, Soul Eater learns Shadow Sneak, so he now has a decente STAB. Despite being dangerous to use in Nuzlocke, I actually leave Soul Eater in the team for now and put Ninjabug in the PC, taking Psicopata from there.

I enter to the Trick House. Its a good thing I lead with Hedwig vs the first Lass found there and not with Soul Eater, her Snivy had Pursuit. I didn,t even know Snivy learned that move.
Second Lass has a dangerous Eevee with Growth + Double Kick (+ probable Everstone, which boosts all his Stats). It almost kills Shenzi:

Eevee is left in red too by Shenzi on the same turn. I send Soul Eater then to take Double Kick before Eevee dies from poison. Next Pokemon the Lass sends is Salandit, so I switch to Mosquetona. Mosquetona wins, but with low healths due to 2 Knock Offs. Hedwing has to battle vs a Curse Rowlet then, he also ends up in yellow when he wins.
Last Youngster of the house has a Galar Zigzaggon and a Pawniard, both defeated by Shenzi while Hedwig rose to level 20:

Trick Master gives 2 Rare Candies in this game instead of 1 as a reward.

I go through the route 110 and easily defeat a Youngster with Aron and Electrike.
Next opponent is Shiyo though:

Shiyo now has 3 Mons, first one is Eevee. Hedwig uses Air Cutter while Eevee boosts with Growth.
Hedwig damages Eevee again and takes a Tackle.
Hedwig uses Air Cutter again and takes another Tackle. Both Pokemon end in yellow, Hedwig eating the Oran Berry.
Hedwig ends with Eevee using Extrasensory:

Turns out, Shiyo still doesn,t have an Abomasnow, its still a Snover. This makes it easier, I switch in Shenzi, who takes Icy Wind.

Snover sleeps Shenzi with GrassWhistle.
Snover uses Icy Wind again, making Shenzy eat the Oran Berry. Shenzi wakes up this turn and poisons Snover with Poison Fang. Snover eats his own Oran Berry.

I switch Soul Eater in, avoiding GrassWhistle.
I switch to Psicopata next turn, scouting for Leech Seed. Snover ends up using Leech Seed as I expected.
Psicopata uses Confusion but Snover survives the hit, damaging Psicopata with both Icy Wind and the Leech Seed. Snover dies at the end of the turn though:

Psicopata rose to level 22 and learnt Barrier after Snover died.

Last Shiyo's Mon is Pikachu. I switch to Soul Eater to get rid of the Leech Seed. Pikachu uses Spark.
I switch to Mosquetona right after that to scout for Pikachu's set. Pikachu uses Thunder Wave. This probably means he has no moves to kill Soul Eater. He might have HP Ice to kill Mosquetona though, so Soul Eater goes back in. Pikachu tries to use Double Kick.
Pikachu paralyzes Soul Eater, but can,t kill him at all, so I eventually just win the battle:

Mosquetona rose to level 22 and learnt Air Cutter. Shiyo gives me the Itemfinder and goes away.

From this moment, I start preparing for Wattson, who in vanilla Emerald is the hardest Gym Leader (unless your starter is Mudkip). This means I have to take out electric weak Mons, those being Hedwig and Centollo. Gerania (Chikorita) and Melenas (Alolan Diglett) enter the team.

I start training Gerania and Melenas. While I am doing it, this happens:

Unlike with normal Mons, I don,t have to catch the first Shiny that appears, so I don,t catch this one. He is way too bad of a Mon. I can still catch a Shiny in Route 110 if it appears.

I train Gerania and Melenas until they both get to level 20 . Gerania in fact gets to 21 and evolves a little before that:

Gerania learned Poison Powder and Leech Seed (the other 2 moves are Reflect and Razor Leaf) while Melenas learned a better Stab in Dig.

I end the chapter here, but will show the current team:

Chapter 9. Preserving Soul Eater.

Preparation vs Wattson begins. Many different trainers on different routes wait for me to challenge them. First I have to finish route 110.

I battle vs a Guitarrist who has a Flaaffy and a Voltorb. Melenas wins against the first one, but the second revelas a new item of this game:

Yes, I gotta get used to see those. In case Voltorb decided to explode, I switch in Soul Eater to finish him with Shadow Sneak.

I start with Soul Eater vs the next trainer, who is a Colector. His first Mon is a Ponyta Galar. I scout for Bounce and swtich Melenas in. The Colector switches out at the same time, sending Dreepy. Noted, the Ponyta can,t damage Soul Eater. Melenas ends up defeating Dreepy, but very weak, so Soul Eater has to go back to kill the Ponyta.
Next is a Triatlete with Magnetime. Melenas kills this one.
I am pretty careless vs a Medium with Kadabra. Soul Eater uses Shadow Sneak, but Kadabra has Focus Sash. Fortunately, it doesn,t have moves able to damage Soul Eater. Training Soul Eater is a very challenging experience.
Last trainer of the route (outside the Cycling Road) is a Fisherman. His lead Tentacool is walled by Soul Eater, his Chinchou is defeated by Mosquetona, and Wailmer by Gerania.

I enter Mauville City. First thing I do is get the Rock Smash HM. Then I enter to the Casino, where a new character appears:

This guy hates the Casino, since the place makes lots of people lose their money. He also hates the fact that many video-games include casinos and asks my opinion about that fact:

Answering Yes would trigger a battle, so for now I answer No. In any case, the guy will ask the same question each time I enter into the Casino.
I then remember that I need a Harbor Mail in order to get a Coin Case, so I have to go all the way back to Slateport.
I look the prices that are here:

The Double Team TM is the only one that remains as a prize here. Regarding to the Pokemon, I will buy only 1 here. But which one? All of them appear in some other places. After thinking for a while, I decide to buy some extra insurance for Wattson, in case someone dies before facing him:

There is no Water Compaction in this game, so Sandygast always has Water Absorb. Shore Up however is present. Alhambra has badly placed IVs, but vs Wattson it would work. The nature is Bold. For now it will sit in the PC.

I go to the Bike Shop and get a Bicycle. A Bicycle? No, a Monocycle!

You ride Monocycles in this game, and you can have both of them at the same time. This is how they look:

Close to the Bike Shop there another character that just says I am not strong enough:

I then go to route 117, where the Daycare is. I deposit in the Daycare Furia Azul (Magikarp) and Holgazana (Slakoth), so that their training is not as painful in the future.
In the same Daycare there is this dude:

He wants to battle, but gives me an option to refuse, so I do for now.

I now want to do a catch at this Route. Poochyena and Oddish don,t appear here anymore, while Marill only appears when Surfing. They got replaced by Milcery, Exeggcute, Mime Jr. and Roselia. During the day Pidgeotto and Kantonian Meowth appear too, during the Night Alolan Meowth and Zubat appear instead. I prefer the Day Mons this time, so I hunt during the Day...

Illumise has been improved in this game, as was Volbeat. Both of them raise their Defense, Special Defense and Speed when holding the Red Flute. Unfortunately I can,t get one yet, so Luciernaga will have to wait in the PC.

After a brief training, I start challenging the trainers of Route 117. First is a Triathlete whose Doduo and Herdier go down easily.
Then comes a Pokemon Breeder with 6 Mons. First is Sizzlipede, who is OHKOd by Rock Tomb of Mosquetona. Second is a Stufful who surprises Mosquetona with Ice Punch...

Mosquetona kills te Stufful, but can,t continue battling vs the Makuhita that appears. Gerania defeats the Makuhita, but has to take a Fake Out and a total of 10 Arm Thrust to do so (last 5 were behind a Reflect). A Galarian Meowth who just uses Curse helps Gerania recover some HP with Leech Seed before falling. Melenas defeats final 2 Mons, those being Rookidee and Poochyena.

Next Triathlete has a Doduo and Ponyta, no threats here.
A Battle Girl's Combusken damages Mosquetona a lot with Double Kick, but Psicopata was there to solve the issue.

A threat appears in the hands of the next Triathlete. She has a Furret, which has its Special Defense multiplied by 3 when holding Fluffy Tail. However, I discover quickly (by scouting) that its totally walled by Soul Eater, so the battle is won from the very beginning.
I risk a lot vs the next Medium. She has a Unown and I stay with Soul Eater. The Hidden Power ends up doing no damage, so I win.

A Bug Maniac shows 2 improved Pokemons, Dustox and Beautifly. Both now increase by 50% they Special Attack and Special Defense when holding Smoke Ball. Melenas kills the Beautifly with Rock Tomb, but I almost lose Soul Eater here: first turn of the battle, the Bug Maniac withdrew the Dustox (while i did the same, sending Melenas), making me think it was walled by Soul Eater. So, I sent Soul Eater back when Dustox appeared again, but was surprised by a Swagger the turn after. Fortunately, Soul Eater did not damage himself. Later in the match (after Dustox used Swagger to Mosquetona and healed with Moonlight), I sent Soul Eater again to take Silver Wind, and this happens:

Phew, that was close. I was planning to use Soul Eater at least to damage Dustox with Shadow Sneak, but looks like I can,t send it at all in this battle.
Still in the same match, this happens:

Dustox used Silver Wind and boosted all the stats. The battle ends up being long and dangerous. Both Melenas and Mosquetona can,t break the Dustox due to Poison Powder, Swagger and Moonlight. Gerania ends up saving the day by using Leech Seed on the Dustox. He ends up dying by those Leech Seed, but that doesn,t take away the fact that Dustox scared me several times. At least Soul Eater rose to level 23 and learned Protect, now it can scout better.

The female Pokemon Breeder that comes after has 6 Mons, but is much easier to beat than the Dustox. Litwick, Shroomish, Pumpkaboo and Milcery are all murdered by Shenzi without even damaging him. Last one was Alola Meowth, who despite having Flatter and Hypnosis, was defeated easily too.
Last battle is a double one. Shenzi's Intimidate doesn,t work here against Riolu's Inner Focus and Rockruff's Own Tempo. Soul Eater attracts Bite from both Mons, but Protects while Shenzi uses Dig. I switch Gerania in to take both Bites while Shenzi kills Rockruff. Then I switch Soul Eater back in instead of Shenzi and Protect while Gerania kills Riolu.

I enter the peaceful Verdanturf Town. There I check just for fun Shenzi's happiness:

Shenzi loves me :blobnom:

At the Battle Tent I get the Attraction TM.

And at the Pokemon Center I teach Soul Eater a new Move:

Unlike in vanilla Emerald, Move Tutors have infinite use here.

I enter the Rusturf Tunnel. There is a hiker there which I defeat easily. Shenzi levels up to 24 and learns Crunch. Soon after that, I find Blackglasses for him.

I then go to Route 118 in order to battle the trainers there. First one is a Youngster with a Growlithes that goes down easily and an Aipom that almost kills Mosquetona with Fury Swipes.

The Aroma Lady that comes after scares Soul Eater with a COMBEE of all things. Hew team is still easily defeated though.
Soul Eater redeems himself by defeating the entire team of a Guitarist: Magnemite and Toxel couldn,t damage him.
Last trainer is a Fisherman with Carvanha. No problems here.

There are still many trainers left before Watson, but this chapter is becoming too long. So, I end it here and post the current state of the team:

Chapter 10. Winstrate Gauntlet.

Next trainers I battle are the ones in the Bike Road. First one is the hidden Medium that I never understood what she was doing there:

Scouting with Protect I realize that her Girafarig is walled by Soul Eater, so easy win.

Next Triathlete's Growlithe and Yanma barely do any damage.
The following one has a Magnemite and a Pikachu, both walled by Soul Eater.
Same thing happens to the next ones Toxel. Shedinja is really useful at this part of the game.
Next one has a Jolteon, who is defeated by Gerania.
And the last one has 2 Voltorbs and Electrike, all of which are food for Melenas.

Next route I go to clean is the 111 one. First trainer there is an Aroma Lady with Herdier and Roselie, neither of which give me troubles.
Next one is a camper with Alolan Sandshrew and Pidgeotto, Shenzi swept this one.

There is Trainer Hill at this route:

Unlike in vanilla Emerald I could challenge it now if I wanted, you don,t have to wait to be the Champion for it in this game. Since not all my Mons are at the same level, I will skip for now.

The Brionne of the next Picknicker looks like it would be walled by Soul Eater, but it has Toxic. So Gerania has to be the one who kills it.
Mosquetona kills the Numel of the Kindler, which is the next trainer.

I will consider Route 111 2 zones, the Dessert and the non Dessert. This means, I can fish at this route, getting the only new Mon that appears:

Very good IVs for a Poliwrath here. The nature is Lonely though.

I have defeated all the regular trainers before Mauville City's Gym. Only the challenges remain. First of them is the Winstrate Family:

I put Shenzi as the lead in order to have Intimidate starting at every match. That doesn,t work vs the Father Winstrate, since his Swellow has Scrappy. Swellow uses Focus Energy and then crits with Air Cutter, which is unfortunate, since there are 4 battles left. Shenzi kills the Swellow with 2 hits of Crunch:

Next comes a Linoone. I switch Gerania in, who avoids Pin Missile. However Linoone also has Toxic, which puts Gerania on timer while it uses Leech Seed.
I switch to Melenas, Linoone uses Tickle. So, with 3 moves revealed, I can switch safely Soul Eater now. Linoone uses Tickle. Soul Eater uses Protect and then I switch Melenas back. I repeat this cycle until Linoone dies from Leech Seed:

So, I finish first battle with Shenzi quite damaged and Gerania poisoned, not ideal at all.

Winstrate Mother has just a Bayleef, so Shenzi's Intimidate once again doesn,t work well. I switch Gerania in while opposing Bayleef uses Reflect.
Gerania misses Poison Powder and receives a Razor Leaf. Next Poison Powder hits, but Razor Leaf from opposing Bayleef crits. This is my situation right now:

It won,t be easy to take down that Bayleef. I switch Soul Eater in and the Bayleef heals with Synthesis. However, while I Protect Soul Eater, Bayleef reveals its last move, Grasswhistle. This menas Bayleef doesn,t have Leech Seed, so Soul Eater walls.
Unfortunately, the timing I choose to kill Bayleef with Fury Cutter couldn,t be worse, it manages to hit GrassWhistle right before it dies:

So, I can,t scout well with Soul Eater for the remaining battles.

Shenzi's Intimidate finally works vs Winstrate Daughter's Mawile. The girl has 3 Mons though, so winning this one will be tough.
I switch Soul Eater in, Mawile reveals Rock Smash.

I switch to Mosquetona while the girl switches to Nosepass. This probably means Mawile is walled by Soul Eater. I then missclick and use Rock Tomb while the Nosepass boosts the Defense with Iron Defense.
Using Dragon Breath, Mosquetona eventually kills Nosepass, but not before taking 5 Rock Blasts:

Mosquetona rises to level 25 and learns a better STAB than Sand Tomb, Mud Shot.

Mawile comes back, so I switch Soul Eater in. Mawile reveals Vice Grip.
Soul Eater burns a sleep turn while the girl switches a Paras in.
I switch Melenas and Paras uses... Synthesis?
Here I finally have some luck and Melenas crits Paras with Rock Tomb:

Only Mawile is left now. I switch Soul Eater in, while Mawile reveals Sing as the 3rd move.
Before I inevitably kill the Mawile, I should show the situation of my team before the 4th and last battle:

Soul Eater rises to level 25 after killing the Mawile.

Winstrate Grandma just has a Pancham. Shenzi Intimidates it and I switch Psicopata in while Pancham uses Substitute.
The Intimidate from Shenzi really saves Psicopata, since Focus Punch left him with just 17 HP (27 after Oran Berry).
Psicopata succesfully defeats the last member of the Winstrate Family:

I receive the Macho Brace and go for my next challenge...

Which is the dude at the Casino.

If I don,t remember wrong, Ghaddar was a moderator at the Pxp Forum. Don,t know much else about him though.
He is a threat though, his only Pokemon is a Nidoking. Unfortunately for him, my lead for this battle was the Mon with the lowest level currently, Psicopata.
Psicopata doesn,t OHKO with Confusion, but:

I hax my way through. Psicopata rises to level 25 and learns Psybeam, which would have KOd if I had it for this battle.
Ghaddar still hates me for supporting the Casinos:

Last challenge for today will be the dude at the Daycare. He will always have his Pokemon at the level of my strongest one... which is 25 this time, all my team is currently at level 25.

I honestly don,t know who Vladiland is. Probably a member of the so known Pxp Mafia.
His lead is an Igglybuff. Psicopata can,t OHKO it with Psybeam and takes a very hard Frustration, eating the berry after it.
Next turn Psicopata kills:

A Scary Hypno appears. I missclick and send Gerania instead of Shenzi. Hypno uses Return and takes half of Gerania's life.
I switch to Soul Eater then.
Soul Eater scouts with Protect, Hypno reveals Hypnosis.
Soul Eater damages Hypno with Shadow Sneak and its put to sleep.

Seeing that this is an Hypno and not another Mon, I correctly predict a Nightmare and send Shenzi.
Shenzi Crunches Hypno and avoids Hypnosis.
Next Crunch KOs:

Shenzi levels up to 26. Next opponent is Pichu. Its faster than Shenzi and uses Nasty Plot. It also lives Crunch.

I switch Soul Eater, inmune to Electroweb.
Soul Eater burns a turn asleep while Pichu uses Nasty Plot again.
Soul Eater burns another turn while Pichu turns to +6.

Vladiland finally switches out Pichu for Cleffa. Soul Eater wakes up and uses Mud Slap.
Soul Eater Protects from Sweet Kiss.

I switch Melenas in. He gets confused.
I switch Shenzi in, receiving Magical Leaf.
Shenzi brings Cleffa to red with Poison Fang and avoids Sing.
Shenzi ends with Cleffa with another Poison Fang.

Shiny Ditto with Imposter is the next Vladiland's Mon. It Intimidates Shenzi.
Ditto boosts with Nasty Plot and gets poisoned by Poison Fang.
Both Shenzi and Ditto use Dig. Ditto is the one who goes last, so Shenzi gets damaged, in yellow.
This happens twice and Shenzi ends up winning due to poison, but at 5 HP:

Pichu comes back. I switch to Soul Eater, taking a non effective Hidden Power.

Vladiland withdraws Pichu again and sends Mime Jr. who takes Mud Slap.
I scout with Protect, but Mime Jr. reveals just Reflect.

I switch to Melenas, who avoids Teeter Dance due to the previous Mud Slap.
Melenas damages Mime with Metal Claw and gets confused.

I switch Soul Eater back, taking Psybeam.
At this point, Soul Eater just sweeps:

Melenas rose to level 26 after Mime Jr. died. And not only that:

Melenas also learns Tri-Attack after evolving.

Vladiland gives me a Pokemon as a gift for defeating him:

A Ditto with perfect IVs and Imposter. As a Nuzlocker, I can,t use him for breeding, but it can still be useful in battles, especially in post-game.

Other than Wally, there are no more trainers left before the Mauville Gym. This is the team that will challenge said Gym in the next chapter:

Chapter 11. Eating Wattson's Soul.

In order to enter Mauville Gym I need to defeat Wally first:

Wally just has a Ralts. Despite having Confuse Ray, Psicopata easily wins this battle:

After that, I enter into the Gym. First trainer is a Battle Girl with Mankey and Wigglytuff. In Vanilla Emerald she had different Mons, but they still were not Electric types. This is one of the things I like from older Gens (especially Adv and DPP), trainers and Gym leaders having some variety and using some Mons that are not from their types.
Anyway, the Mankey gets OHKOd by Psicopata and the Wigglytuff by Iron Head from Melenas.

Next comes a Guitarrist. His Electrike is walled by Soul Eater, but his Loudred has Teeter Dance. Shenzi kills this one.
Then I battle a Youngster with Galarian Linoone and Gulpin, both swept by Melenas.
Soul Eater walls the Illumise from the Byg Maniac while Melenas kills Volbeat, who has Confuse Ray.
Last Guitarrist has a Charjabug who threatens Soul Eater with Bite and Melenas with Mud Shot, but Mosquetona deals with the bug and with the Magnemite that comes after.

So, just Wattson left. He shouldn,t be too difficult with my team (3 Mons immune to electric and one resistant), but he can have some surprise Focus Sashes and Hidden Powers. Speaking of Hidden Power, if the Manectric has the Ice one and also Flamethrower, I am in trouble. Manectric, Voltorb and Magneton are the confirmed Mons he had in vanilla Emerald. In post-game he also used Electabuzz, Ampharos and Raichu and in BW2 Plusle and Minun. But its Shiyo who designed his team here, so I am pretty sure he has some Ground immune Mon. Not counting Zapdos, there are 2 Electric lines that are immune to Ground, those being Charjabug/Vikavolt and the Tynamo line. Pretty sure at least one of them will be present in this battle.

So, Meleans is clearly the best Mon here, but I am pretty sure that the AI is good enough to switch out the second turn of Dig if there is something immune. So, I will try to not use Melenas in the early game and lead with Soul Eater instead. Having Wonder Guard, he will force lots of switches and bad plays from Wattson, so my other Mons will be switching in pretty easily. This is the line-up then:

Wattson leads with Voltorb but withdraws it while I Protect with Soul Eater. Good to know, next time Voltorb comes, I will send Soul Eater. The bad news are that Wattson sends the Manectric. I scout with Protect again and Manectric reveals Bite.

I switch Shenzi in another Bite. Manectric then uses Thunder Wave, but Shenzi has Cheri Berry. He still gets paralyzed by Static when he uses Crunch.
Manectric uses Shock Wave and leaves Shenzi in yellow, surviving another Crunch.

I send back Soul Eater in another Shock Wave. With Shadow Sneak, Wattson's ace falls and Shenzi rises to level 27:

The other Wattson's ace comes, Magneton. Soul Eater Protects from Thunder Wave.
Soul Eater uses Mud Slap and gets paralyzed.
Soul Eater Protects again... and Magneton still uses Thunder Wave? Is the rest of Wattson's team walled by Soul Eater?
Looks like that, Wattson doesn,t switch Magneton out until it dies:

Voltorb comes back. It spends all his turns using Charge and eventually dies:

Flaaffy is next. I switch Mosquetona in scouting for Fire Punch, but Flaaffy just uses Confuse Ray.
I switch Soul Eater back, its immune to Rock Smash.
Soul Eater uses Shadow Sneak before Confuse Ray hits.
I send Mosquetona again, but another Confuse Ray hits.
I repeat this long cycle until Wattson withdraws Flaaffy and sends pikachu while I have Mosquetona in the field.

I send Soul Eater in again, on a Surf. Pikachu then starts to just boost with CM for a few turns until Wattson switches it out for Electabuzz.
The rest of the battle is just Wattson switching out Mons and using support moves. He can,t do anything to Soul Eater:

Easiest Wattson ever. I receive Shock Wave TM and leave the Gym. The Level Cap rose to 35. This is how the team ended up after that beat down:

Shiyo should have added an inmune to Ground Mon and more coverage against Shedinja, which has always been legit vs Wattson. Maybe he will do it in a future version of the game.

Next thing I do is helping this absolute gigachad to see his GF:

I get the Strength HM this way and end the chapter here. Reorganization of the team is coming on the next one.

Chapter 12. Fiery Fights.

So, its time to reorganize the team. Despite Soul Eater murdering all Wattson's team, very difficult routes come ahead, so he goes to the PC. He probably will be back in the post-game. Melenas is the other Mon that leaves the team, since I don,t need 2 Ground types for now. Hedwig (Noctowl) and Centollo (Krabby) come back to the team.

I train Hedwig and Centollo until they reach level 24. Then I go to route 111 where I battle against the pair of Interviewers. Their Magnemite and Loudred give me lots of trouble, to the point of:

RIP Psicopata. It was Magnemite the real responsible for this death, since it avoided 2 Mud Shots from Mosquetona and parahazed Shenzi, making me switch around and not being able to send Centollo and Hedwig. This is the situation of the team after this battle:

Every single Mon in my PC except for Joke (Unown), Soul Eater (Shedinja), and Luciernaga (Illumise) share type with some member of my team, but each of them have reasons to not be included: Joke is terrible, Soul Eater will have it very hard to survive and Luciernaga is also terrible until I get a Smoke Ball.
So, the Mon I end up using is Gorgona (Tentacool), at least until next route. I train her until level 24.

After that, I continue the Route 111 and battle a Picknicker whose Technician Breloom almost kills both Gorgona and Mosquetona. She also has an Azumarill, but that one is easily defeated by Shenzi. Gerania rose to level 26 in this battle (she battled the Azumarill until it used Bounce) and learnt Synthesis.

Last trainer of this part of Route 111 is a Camper with a scary Vigoroth with Focus Energy. It didn,t crit, so I won easily in the end.

I get to route 112. New Pokemons here are Phanpy, Ponyta, Ekans, Farfetch'd Galar and Rhyhorn. During the day Numel, Spearow and Ponyta also appear, while during the night Zubat and Hoothoot (which I have) are present. As much as I like Crobat, the day variety is better, especially Numel, so I make a catch during the day:

Not the Mon I wanted, but I guess this is what I get for manipulating the time of my PC. Decent IVs (except in Attack), but not a good Mon at all, especially for Nuzlocke. Will maybe use it anyway if Hedwig falls.

I train all my team at Route 112. Gorgona learns Sludge Bomb, but Centollo is the Mon who improves the most:

This is the team after the training:

I battle the trainers of Route 112. First is a camper whose Chimecho and Nuzleaf were swept by Shenzi.
Then comes a Pickicker with Gulpin and Corvisquire. Gorgona kills the ameba and Centollo the bird.
The Galarian Yamask of a Hiker managed to Disable Gorgona before being killed, so his Machop had to be stalled by Gerania.
The other Hiker has a Alola Graveler with Thunder but Mosquetona switches in and OHKOs it.

I enter Fiery Path. The only new Mons here are Magby and Tyrogue, but Grimer also has become more common. What will I catch?

RIP, nothing.

There are 5 trainers in Fiery Path now, I train my team a little before challenging them.
First one is a special trainer:

The pacochef is a Pxp user I don,t know much about. This trainer is not him though, but Krub, if I am not mistaken, he has a Smogon account NoUserName . He has just 1 Mon, a Kanto Farfetch'd. It has been improved with the Stats it has in SS and also when holding Stick it will have the Attack and Speed boosted by 50% (on top of the high crit chance).
And it proves to be a threat with SD + Slash:

RIP Hedwig. And he might not be the only one who dies here.
I send Shenzi, but Inner Focus prevents the Intimidate. Shenzi lives a Slash in red and kills the broken bird with Crunch:

Krub has been defeated, but he did manage to kill Hedwig, so Vorobey (Spearow) has to enter the team. Weak as he might be, at least he evolved quickly:

Right after evolving, Vorobey learned Recover. It gets it in this game since Roost isn,t present. I train Vorobey until level 25 and then enter the Fiery Path again.

Next trainer is also a special one:

Kaderete is a member of the Pxp Mafia. Just like Krub, he only has 1 Pokemon, which is Haunter. My lead is Vorobey, but fearing TBolt I switch Shenzi in while Haunter Protects.

Haunter Protects again and then sleeps Shenzi with Hypnosis. Haunter then uses Mean Look, but Shenzi wakes up and kills it with Crunch:

No damage taken this time, so I go after next trainer:

Chinpo is a player who had strong presence on the competitive side of Pxp. His Pokemon is a Bulbasaur, who just lost to Vorobey. Onto the next trainer:

I don,t remember the original nick of DobleC but he did have it. His only Pokemon is a Charmander. This one actually is quite dangerous, since he survives an Air Cutter from Vorobey and lives him in yellow with Flamethrower.

I switch Mosquetona in. Good thing I didn,t switch one of my waters, Charmander used Thunder Punch.
Mosquetona kills Charmander with Mud Shot:

Vorobey rose to level 26 after Charmander died. Now I just have one trainer left here.

The last trainer is the one that gave me Music Player in Slateport City:

He mentions the Totems warning about one that comes ahead. According to him, they have been created by Midele Labs and are spread across the region with evil goals.

Oh, its the Pacochef that has been mentioned earlier. I don,t remember much about him, but he is one of the Pxp Mafia.
His lead is a Poliwhirl. Vorobey both crits with Air Cutter and avoids the Hypnosis.
The second hit is crit too, though this one was not needed at this point:

Next Mon is Metang. I switch Gerania in, receiving a Take Down.
Gerania uses Reflect and avoids next Take Down.
Gerania uses Leech Seed, but Reflect is broken by Brick Break.
Gerania uses Synthesis and Metang another Take Down.
Gerania uses Reflect, Metang another Take Down.

I switch the bulkier Centollo to take the Brick Break.
Centollo kills Metang with Mud Shot:

Last Pokemon is a Shiny Umbreon. Centollo uses Slash, but it almost deals no damage and Umbreon uses Spite.

I switch to Gerania, but Umbreon manages to hit Centollo hard with Pursuit.
Gerania misses Leech Seed, Umbreon doesn,t miss Yawn.
Gerania hits next Leech Seed and the battle is won at this point. The sleep doesn,t matter, Umbreon can,t damage Gerania except when it crits, which actually happens once. Eventually Gerania kills Umbreon with Razor Leaf:

After winning, Pacochef reveals more things about the real villains of this game:

The Midelar Organization tried to overtake both Kanto and Jotho in the past (reference to Midele Crystal and Midele Red), but failed. Micolo, the lead of the band, its better prepared this time. He corrupted the DNA of many Mons, creating the Totems. One of them is in the Fiery Path and I need to defeat it to get through.

So, here is the Totem. Knowing we are at a Fire Mons area I put Centollo as the lead. He has a Water Move, a Rock Move and a Ground Move, so every Fire should be defeated by him.

Centollo misses Rock Tomb and losts half of his life by Bite.
Centollo hits next Rock Tomb and barely survives, eating the Oran Berry:

I don,t want to lose Centollo here due to a miss, so I send Vorobey, who also loses almost half of its life to Bite.
Vorobey uses Air Cutter... and doesn,t kill. The evil Centiskorch uses Fire Wheel and fries Vorobey:

RIP Vorobey. He wasn,t strong enough. Gorgona finishes the Totem:

Well, this chapter was pretty tragic, so I think its a good time to end it.

Chapter 13. Long way to Fallarbor.

I need to replace Vorobey. The best option looks Holgazana (Slakoth) from the Daycare, who at this points its at level 26. At the same time I leave Cuajo (Poliwag) at the Daycare, so that he levels up.

I train Holgazana until she levels up too, which happens very quickly:

During the short training Holgazana 2 important things happen: I see another Shiny Plusle (which I again don,t cathc on purpose) and Holgazana steals with Covet 2 Sitrus Berries. I will plant those on the next possible place, so I will have a good item to be hold (in this game Sitrus Berries heal 25% of HP).

After the training I go though the Fiery Path and easily defeat the Kindler and the Aroma Lady that are on the other side.

Then comes the next segment of Route 111 where I defeat a Cooltrainer with Elektrike, Wailmer and Croagunk.

After that, I find the trainer that gives Secret Power TM. I say trainer, because in this game the guy (Guitarrist Perico) battles:

Perico has just one Mon, a level 23 Flygon. Gerania tries to use Leech Seed, but Flygon has Fly.

I switch to Shenzi and despite Flygon having STAB Dragon Claw, Shenzi has 8 more levels, so he eventually wins:

Perico gives me the Secret Power TM and leaves. I teach Secret Power to Holgazana and Centollo.

I then battle a Blackbelt who has no Fight Mons, but just a Zangoose. Despite Zangoose having Aerial Ace, Gerania defeats it easily.

Last trainer of the route is a female Cooltrainer whose Wingull uses Rain Dance before being killed by Centollo. She then sends a burned Guts Tyrogue that misses HJK on the one turn it can attack. Centollo rises to level 30 and learns Crabhammer. After that, Centollo defeats a Dreepy who can,t do any meaningful damage.

I reach the ash covered Route 113. Sizzlipede and Salandit now appear at this route. There are no Pokemon exclusive to the Day or Night, but Skarmory and Salandit appear more often during the night, while Slugma appears more often during the day. I want a Skarmory, so I go for the night catch... and then I found something invisible... who turns out to be a new special trainer:

javisoto99 is a Moderator of Pxp Forums. The music of the battle implies that it will be a difficult one. And it might be true:

Looks like an easy Mon, right? But regular Floette (or its evolutionary line for that matter) isn,t in the game. This is an Eternal Flower Floette. As a reminder, Eternal Flower Floette was in the XY and SM data, but has never been released. It has 74-65-67-125-128-92 Stats and at a high level it learns an exclusive move named Light of Ruin which is a 140 power Fairy Move that gives recoil.

Floette uses Safeguard first turn and avoids Leech Seed from Gerania.
It turns out not to be too threatening, Fairy Wind does not damage Gerania much and Floette is seeded.
Of course, if Floette crits, everything changes:

Fortunately this was the turn Gerania uses Synthesis and the next one it was Gerania's time to crit:

Gerania rose to level 29 and learnt Magical Leaf. Javisito has been easily defeated this time, but he and his Floette will for sure appear later in the game.

Time to catch a Mon:

Spinda has been improved in this game. When holding a Yellow Flute, all its Stats are boosted 50%. This one is still pretty bad though, since his nature is Quiet and the IVs favour the Special Attack too. Spinda does learn Wish though, so I could use it as a defensive Mon. For now it stays in the PC.

I train my team at the Route 113. This is it after the training:

Then I start battling the trainers of the route and vs the first one this happens:

RIP Gorgona. There was no escape.

Gerania kills the Trapinch and Mosquetona the Salandit that appears after it.

I have to go all the way back to Mauville to replace Gorgona. I choose Ninjabug (Ninjask) for the task. I train him until level 25 and then continue battling the Route 113 trainers.
There is a Double Battle in this route that has to be done in order to get a hidden item:

I first battle the trainer on the right, who is a Pokemon Maniac with an Alolan Diglett who actually damages Mosquetona hard with Iron Head. Centollo kills the Diglett but misses Crabhammer vs the Galar Meowth that comes after, taking a powerful Thunderbolt. Holgazana ends the Meowth with Brick Break.

So, Double Battle time:

Their leads are Koffing and Baltoy, mine are Ninjabug and Mosquetona. Knowing both of those leads can explode, I switch Shenzi and Holgazana in. Holgazana takes a crit Psybeam and a Smoke Screen.
Holgazana heals with Slack Off while Shenzi kills the Baltoy. Koffing poisons Shenzi with Sludge. Camper Lawrence sends Alola Sandshrew as his second Mon.
I use Crunch with Shenzi and Brick Break with Holgazana to Sandshrew, but Holgazana misses. Koffing uses another Smoke Screen to Holgazana while Sandshrew boosts defense with Defense Curl.
Shenzi kills Sandshrew, so I now can use 2 Mons against 1. Holgazana meanwhile misses Secret Power and takes a Psybeam.
At this point I have to switch Shenzi out due to the poison. I missclick and send Gerania. Holgazana uses Bulk Up while Koffing uses another Psybeam.
Holgazana misses Secret Power again and takes another Psybeam. Gerania uses Reflect.
Gerania uses Leech Seed while Holgazana heals and Koffing uses Smokescreen to Gerania.
Holgazana finally hits Secret Power. It doesn,t kill Koffing, but Gerania finishes it. Ninjabug meanwhile rises to level 26 and learns Aerial Ace.
Last Mon I have to battle is a Ninjask who eventually gets killed by Holgazana. Double Battle is won without casualties.

The hidden item is a Nugget. I won,t be selling it in case I catch a Kanto Meowth or Persian somewhere. It gives Persian a 100% crit rate, making it one of the best Mons of this game.

Next battle is much easier, a Parasol Lady with a Sunkern and a Numel.

But then another Double Battle comes twins with 2 Spindas, one of which is Shiny. While I switch Ninjabug out for Holgazana, non-shiny Spinda uses Rapid Spin, damaging Mosquetona a lot and raising the speed. The Shiny one uses Swagger to the non-shiny, which is essentially a free +2 for it, since it has Own Tempo.
I switch Gerania in instead of Mosquetona, but the next +2 Rapid Spin (probably with Yellow Flute held) is a crit:

Holgazana kills the Shiny Spinda first in order to prevent more Swaggers.
Next turn I switch Centollo in the place of Gerania. He takes Shadow Ball. Holgazana damages the Spinda with Brick Break.
Centollo takes another Rapid Spin and wins with Secret Power. My team after the battle vs 2 Spindas:

I get the Soot Sack at the house where its given. Since I have both Spinda and Illumise, the flutes will actually be useful in this game.
Next to the house there is a Ninja Boy with Koffing and both variants of Grimer. Shenzi kills the Koffing and the Kanto Grimer, then Mosquetona ends with the Alola one.
Then I battle a Youngster whose Sizzlipede almost kills Ninjabug with Fire Wheel after surviving an Aerial Ace. He also has a Meowth, defeated by Holgazana.
A Pickicker's Clefairy gets to use Metronome several times and poisons Ninjabug with Poisonpowder before being taken out by Gerania. The Togepo that comes after uses Metronome too and transforms into Gerania, making for a very long battle.
Last trainer of the route is a Bird Keep with Skarmory and Swellow, both defeated by Centollo.

Finally, Fallarbor town. Not much to do here, but I was already tired of Route 113. There is one change to this town though: since the Move Relearner is now at the Pokemon Center, something had to be done to the one in this town. So, he got changed:

Yes, this guy now gives an Egg for each 3 Scales you bring to him. Since this is a Nuzlocke, I will only use his service once. The best part is that the Pokemon from the Egg will be completely random, any Pokemon that borns from Eggs (so, no legends) can appear.
So, I use the Turbo Mode here in order to see what is in the Egg:

Actual good IVs here. A bit lacking in Special Attack, but has Mild Nature. Roserade is in this game, so it will hit hard. For now, it goes to the PC.

And this chapter has been long enough at this point. Ending it here with a team showing:

Attachments

Chapter 14. Useless rocks.

Route 114 is the next one. But first I enter in the house of Fossil Maniac. His brother gives me the Dig TM. I teach it to Ninjabug, Mosquetona and Centollo.
Thats not all, Dessert Underpass can be entered in this game before being the Champion. There are also new Mons here, those being Hippopotas, Kanto Diglett and Skorupi. I catch one:

Good IVs and very good Careful Nature. Drapion has one of the STABs special in this Gen but it can still be used as both a SD Sweeper and a defensive Mon.

The original Fossil of Dessert Underpass has been removed, but there are some new items there such as 3 Heart Scales, a Shiny Stone and a Thick Club.

Outside of the Fossil Maniac house, I get the Roar TM. There is also a new NPC who sells this:

Since he only sells these fossils once, I will buy both of them.

Time to make a catch at Route 114 too. Zangoose and Rockruff are the new Mons that appear at any time. Seedot, Nuzleaf and Kanto Meowth appear during the day, while Lotad, Lombre and Alola Meowth appear during the nigh. I want a Kanto Meowth and don,t mind the Nuzleaf, so I catch a Mon during the day:

Not a bad Mon, since Mega Altaria is one of the lucky Megas that are in this game. Of course, there is no Pixilate, so Mega Altaria will have regular Altaria abilities. The IVs are good here, although the nature is Impish, so it won,t be able to use effectively the STABs.

I defeat an annoying Picknicker with Galarian Ponyta and Smoochum (annoying since she just stands in the way and is hard to avoid when going to the grass) and train my team a little.
Team after the training:

Gerania learned Body Slam (no more Reflect though) and its 1 level away from evolving.

Time to beat the rest of the Route 114 trainers. First is a Fisherman with a Qwilfish, defeated by Holgazana.
Next is a Picknicker who has a Shiftry. It manages to damage Ninjabug badly with a crit Fake Out + Icy Wind, but its still defeated. Then comes another Fisherman with a Barboach, murdered by Gerania.

The AI acts weirdly with the next Fisherman. He leads with a Magikarp but withdraws it turn 1, having his Skrelp critted by Ninjabug. Ninjabug then proceeds to kill a Goldeen and the original Magikarp.

Next battle is a Double one. Ninjabug and Gerania face a Onix and a Riolu. Neither of them gets to make an offensive move (Riolu manages to use Helping Hand turn 1). Gerania grows to level 32 after this battle:

The bulk of Gerania improves a lot. A Camper with Flaaffy and Impidimp critted and flinched Gerania several time and she took every hit like a champ. Later, a Pokemon Manic with Lairon looks to have Skill Link as the ability (5 hits of Rock Blast almost every turn), but Gerania still wins against it and the Drizzile too.

Mosquetona meanwhile kills easily both the Slugma and the Rockruff of a Kindler. Then she does the same to the Seviper of a Hiker.
A Picknicker with Zangoose appears next but Holgazana takes care of that.
Last trainer of the route is another Hiker with a poisoned Guts Larvitar and Galarian Yamask. Gerania kills both, despite taking a crit Rock Slide from the Larvitar.

I enter the Meteor Falls. This place is huge and I will divide it in 3 areas (despite having actually more than 3): Bagon Room, Steven Room and rest of the Falls (which includes the entrance). Clefairy and Lunatone now appear in all the areas of Meteor Falls. Ponyta Galar appears everywhere except the Steven Room. Nidoran (both genders), Nidorino, Nidorina and Delcatty appear in some of the rooms. Rapidash Galar, Crobat, Nidoking, Nidoqueen and Clefable appear in the Steven Room.
So, for now I can just make one catch:

Honestly, not good. Only good IV is the one that it doesn,t need. Careful Nature is not optimal, although it won,t matter much if I use Fabiole as a CM sweeper. There are no Magic Guard or Unaware in this game, but Fabiole can still sweep well with just CM, Moonblast and Softboiled.

Back at Meteor Falls, I watch all the scene between Profesor Cosmo and the evil teams:

And then, Micolo appears, but with a different look:

He insults both evil teams and then wants to give me a Mon:

After that, he leaves, not before threatening me if I don,t treat well the Pokemon he gave me:

Yes, this Zubat is guaranted Shiny and with 31 IVs everywhere. It also has the Hasty Nature, which I guess its not the worst one it can have. On top of that, it gets 2 exclusive Moves (that if deleted, won,t be relearned), those being Flamethrower and Ice Beam. Vampiresa can be used as a NP sweeper, although I still think physical variant is better. Vampiresa stays in the PC for now, its too good to spend this early.

I can now go to Mount Chimney, but first I would like to beat some trainers at route 115. First comes a Blackbelt with a Machop. I wisely switch out Ninjabug, predicting the Rock Slide, so Gerania is the one who kills the Machop.
Against a Battle Girl's Meditite I trust Ninjabug to OHKO, but not against the Croagunk she sends next. Centollo kills the frog.
Holgazana sweeps against both the Zangoose and the Seviper of a Collector.
Last trainer is a Psychic with Slowpoke and Spoink, both defeated by Gerania.

Since I am close to Rustboro I visit the Devon Corporation, where I get the Exp. Share from Mr. Stone and revive my 2 fossils:

Lmao, these IVs are so misplaced. The nature is Brave, so it won,t be outspeeding anyone.

This one manages to be even worse. The Jolly nature also doesn,t help at all.

So, time to go to Mount Chimney:

Yes, the 1% Easter Egg of this place now always happens. And different characters appear, here are some examples:

At Mount Chimney I start fighting the Magma Grunts. First one just has a Numel who is murdered by Centollo.
Second one has a Zubat with Toxic + Protect. It annoys Holgazana but is eventually defeated.

Admin Tabitha has 4 Mons. First one is Impidimp, which Ninjabug 2HKOs.
Next comes Numel. I switch to Centollo, who gets poisoned by Toxic. Numel Protects, but is killed afterwards.
Tabitha sends Poochyena. I switch to Holgazana, taking Crunch. Holgazana uses Bulk Up, but gets Attracted by Poochyena.
Holgazana can,t attack next turn and the Crunch drops Sdef. After another turn of not moving, Holgazana is in crit KO range.
I switch Gerania in. Magical Leaf OHKOs Poochyena. Then Gerania OHKOs Galarian Zigzagoon too, ending the battle this way.

Just Magma Boss left now:

He leads with Mightyena, which Ninjabug can,t kill. I switch Gerania in, taking a super effective Hidden Power.

Gerania uses Leech Seed and takes another Hidden Power.
Then I get cocky and almost lose Gerania. Instead of healing, I use Magical Leaf and Mightyena crits:

Gerania heals with Synthesis and takes another Hidden Power. At the end of the turn, Mightyena boosts the Speed with Salac Berry.

I switch Shenzi in to take the last Hidden Power before opposing Mightyena dies from Leech Seed:

In comes Camerupt. I switch Centollo in, taking a Magnitude 6.

Well, that Camerupt was never living a Crabhammer:

Golbat is the last Mon of Maxie. It lives a Rock Tomb and crits with Poison Fang, but the battle is won next turn.

After Maxie and then Archie leave, a new character appears

This is another confident idiot who thinks the rest of the people are idiots themselves and tries to teach me his wisdom. He also warns me about some girl and Masuda, who he says are very evil and dangerous.

And I think this chapter has been long enough. In the next one I will prepare for and fight Flannery.

Chapter 15. Flooding the Gym.

Its time to prepare for Flannery, so Fire weak Ninjabug and Gerania have to go out of the team. In go Count Domo (Kabuto) and Cuajo (Poliwag), who due to Daycare is at level 28 currently. I put Rosellon (level 1 Roselia) in the Daycare.

I train Count Domo until level 30 and Cuajo until 29:

After checking that Cuajo won,t be learning any more useful Moves as Poliwhirl (he already learned Lovely Kiss) I use the only Water Stone I have:

After that I go to the Trick House, where I easily defeat the 3 trainers that are there. Trick Master gives me 5 Timer Balls as a reward.

Next place is Jagged Pass. Vigoroth (caught), Tyrogue, Mankey, Stunfisk Galar and Diglett Alola (caught) are new Mons that appear here at any time. Ponyta is a day only Mon while Galar Meowth and Salandit are nocturnal. Despite Ponyta learning a recovery move (useful for a Nuzlocke), I like Salazzle a lot, so I go for the night catch:

Pretty bad IVs, but since Mega Camerupt is present, this can still be a useful Mon. I actually will use it vs Flannery in the place of Count Domo, since I want another fire resist that is not weak to Grass.

After training Federico until level 28, I start challenging the trainers of Jagged Pass. First is a Hiker with Graveler and Silicobra, both defeated by Cuajo.

The Gloom of Picknicker Diana proves to be too hard for Federico, Holgazana, Shenzi and Mosquetona to defeat, it has Stun Spore, Teeter Dance and Gigadrain. Ironically is Cuajo the one who defeats the evil flower and only because it missed Stun Spore. I legit could have lost my 6 Mons to the Gloom. Diana also had a Swablu, but that one fell easily. This is how my team was left after the Gloom:

Fuck no, I am not battling that broken Gloom again!

Cuajo wins against the Poochyena of the Magma Grunt, but Impidimp proves to be too strong with TW + Dazzling Gleam. Holgazana has to come in and defeat it.
Federico barely defeats the Growlithe of the Triathlete that comes next.
Having Ember as Fire STAB is not enough for the next Picknicker's Whimsicott, Shenzi has to come in and use Poison Fang.
Then I battle a Camper with Furret and Noctowl. Coil doesn,t save the Furret from being defeated by Cuajo, while Centollo kills the owl.

Last trainer of Jagged Pass is a special one, who thinks Mega Golem exists:

Who the hell is Trevejo? I have never heard this nick before.
His first Mon is a level 25 Shiny Golem. I switch Cuajo in, taking a Magnitude 8.
Cuajo brings Golem down to Sturdy with Bubblebeam, taking a Magnitude 7. Golem raises his Speed with Salac Berry.

Fearing and Explosion, I switch in Shenzi. It ends up being a Self Destruct which Shenzi barely lives:

Alola Golem comes in next, also Shiny. I have a big chance to lose a Mon in this battle, since that shit also can have Sturdy.

My only chance is Holgazana. I switch her in, taking a Tbolt.
Holgazana uses Bulk Up, while Golem uses Defense Curl.
Holgazana uses Bulk Up again, Golem tries to use Counter.
Holgazana uses Secret Power, Golem attacks with Tbolt.
Holgazana heals with Slack Off, Golem tries to use Counter again.
Holgazana boosts with Bulk Up, Golem fails at Counter once more.
Holgazana attacks with Secret Power and takes a Tbolt.
Finally, Holgazana kills the Golem with crit Brick Break:

I finally reach the Lavaridge Town. The first thing I do here is a bath in the hot spring where I find a new item:

Then I take the Egg, which originally was a Wynaut, but in this game is...

Not the best IVs here either. The nature is Impish, so it benefits only Leafeon and Umbreon. Honestly, Leafeon as cute as it is, in Adv is the worst Eeveelution by far due to the low Special Attack, so Eeveeto will be an Umbreon in this game. Its not the only Eevee possible to get, but the rest depend on RNG. For now, Eeveeto will sit in the PC, since Shenzi is my current Dark.

I visit the Herbal Shop, which now sells new items apart from the herbs that Pokemon hate:

I buy 4 units of Mental Herb, White Herb, Power Herb and Lum Berry. I also get a Charcoal from a man of this shop.

I finally enter the Gym. First Kindler there has his Ponyta defeated by Federico and then sends an Alolan Marowak. It ends up being less dangerous than it looks and Cuajo easily wins.
Next comes a Hiker with Slugma. Federico wins alone.
The next Kindler doesn,t have a Fire Mon, just a Vullaby. The bird almost kills Federico with a crit Faint Attack, so I send Holgazana to deal with it.
Cuajo defeats a Cooltrainer with Kecleon. Then it murders a Kindler's Numel.
Next Kindler has a Magby, which is destroyed by Federico.
Another Kindler surprises me with an Octillery. It manages to almost defeat Cuajo by avoiding a Lovely Kiss and using Bullet Seed, but Shenzi deals with it.
A Battle Girl with a Drought Vulpix and a Hitmonchan is the final trainer. Vulpix goes down to Federico, Hitmonchan is defeated by Cuajo.

Just Flannery left now. Lets predict her Mons. In vanilla Emerald she has Torkoal and Camerupt as her strongest Mons and also a Slugma. At the current Level Cap, that Slugma is unlikely to be a Magcargo, but Maxie already used an underleveled Camerupt, so I can,t discard the Magcargo (not that I fear it too much with all my team except Holgazana having either Ground or Water moves. In the rematch of Emerald she also uses a Rapidash, a Houndoom and an Arcanine. Rapidash is unlikely here due to the level, but the other 2 are legit options. In BW2 Magmortar, Blaziken and Chandelure are added to her team, but none of them is likely to be fully evolved. Even unevolved forms can be dangerous though. The Mon I fear the most from her would be a Drought Vulpix or Ninetales as the lead, since none of my Water types learns Rain Dance, so I have just Mosquetona's Sandstorm to switch the weather.

Cuajo looks like the best lead from my team. He threatens every single water in existance with Bubblebeam + Dig and also has Lovely Kiss to sleep them. Its also very bulky, unlike all my other fire resists. So, this is the lineup vs Flannery:

Flannery leads with a Numel, which is murdered in one hit... or would be if he didn,t have a Focus Sash. Nume uses Magnitude 5, dealing very low damage.
Another Bubblebeam ends with Numel:

Torkoal comes in and activates the Sun. Cuajo sleeps it with Lovely Kiss.

I switch Mosquetona in while Torkoal still sleeps.
Mosquetona uses Sandstorm, eliminating the permanent Sun this way. Torkoal wakes up and starts to charge Solar Beam.
Mosquetona uses Dig, avoids Solar Beam and crits the Torkoal:

Ponyta is next. It damages Mosquetona with Stomp and dies to Dig:

Flannery sends Combusken. This one might live a Dig, so I switch back to Cuajo. Combusken uses Rock Tomb, lowering Cuajo's speed.
Combusken uses Aerial Ace and is left in red by Bubblebeam.
After taking another Aerial Ace, Cuajo eats the chicken:

Mosquetona grows to level 34 meanwhile, and learns Heat Wave. Cuajo consumes the Sitrus Berry.
Camerupt enters. Even at -1 Cuajo is still faster and kills the camel with Bubblebeam, reaching the Level Cap of 35.

Last Mon is just a Slugma. Its also OHKOd by Cuajo:

Easy win, maybe Pickicker Diana should be the Gym Leader, hew Gloom was way scarier for my team. Probably Flannery is the last Gym leader that uses NFEs though. I got the Badge and the Overheat TM. Unlike in previous Gyms, the Level Cap doesn,t change after winning against Flannery. This is due to the posibility of challenging Norman right after her.

Ending the chapter here. In the next one, after a quick training and desser exploring I will challenge Norman.

Attachments

Chapter 16. A little dessert.

Shiyo gives the Go-Goggles after I leave the Gym.

In order to prepare for Norman, I need good Normal resists and physically bulky Pokemon. Federico doesn,t qualify as either, so he goes out of the team for now. Mosquetona, despite being my starter, won,t evolve until level 40, so she will sit out of this Gym too. Centollo is actually pretty bulky, but I don,t need 2 waters and Cuajo is better due to the fight STAB, so Centollo is out too. In go for now Count Domo (Kabuto), Gerania (Meganium) and Alhambra (Sandygast).

I have to train Alhambra now. While I am at it, I move the rocks at Fiery Path and pick the useful Toxic TM.

After Alhambra reaches level 30, I go to the dessert part of Route 111. New Mons here are Sandile, Vullaby and Hippopotas. Day only Mons are Sandslash (btw, Sandshrew doesn,t appear at all now) and Phanpy. Night only Mons are Cubone and Gligar. Also, during the day Cacnea is less common and during the night same happens to Trapinch (which I already have). Gliscor and both variants of Marowak are better Mons than Sandslash and Donphan, so I go for the Night catch once again:

Well, no catch then. But I can get up to 3 Mons in the Mirage Tower. Sandile, Silicobra, Golett, Galarian Yamask and Sandslash are the new Mons here. So, what do I catch?

Yet another Mon with bad IVs and bad (Gentle) nature. Tough luck. Still, as far as ground types go, Sandaconda can be very useful in Nuzlocke, since it learns Glare and brings (infinite in this game) sand to the field when hit. For now it stays in the PC. Btw, I am getting lots of ground types.

I get to the top of Mirage Tower, where I can take both fossils in this game. It won,t be that easy, though there is a Totem guarding them:

My lead is Alhambra, but I switch to Shenzi, eating a very weak Shadow Ball.
Shenzi drops the Special Defense of Cofagrigus with Crunch and avoids a Will-o-Wisp. Cofagrigus reveals having Leftovers but they can,t save him now:

I take both fossils and tower doesn,t collapse, it can still be used to grind.

Time to battle the dessert trainers. First is a Camper with a Cacnea, Sandshrew and a Herdier who almost kills Holgazana:

Due to Rock Tomb, Holgazana was slower than Herdier this turn and used Slack Off, saving her life this way. Eventually Holgazana swept the whole team.

Next Camper has just a Sandshrew, easily defeated by Alhambra.
Then a Picknicker scares me with a Perrserker. Well, only until I remember that I have Cuajo, who leaves the cat in red before receiving a Swagger. Alhambra ends up killing Perrserker and Gerania the Swinub that appears after.
Count Domo defeats the Nidorina of another Picknicker, then Gerania faces her Azumarill who dies in the air by Sandstorm, since he used Bounce the last turn.
Gerania then destroys the only Galarian Yamask a Ruin Maniac has.
Count Domo wins against a Camper's Swellow but Holgazana has to defeat the Nuzleaf.

A Ruin Maniac leads with a Smeargle, which in Midele games tend to be very scary, using lots of OHKO Moves. This one used Overdrive and Blizzard, almost defeating Holgazana before dying by Sandstorm. The trainer also had a Rhyhorn, but Shenzi crunched it to death.
Last trainer is a Picknicker whose Bellosom almost defeats both Gerania and Alhambra by clever use of Razor Leaf, Nature Power (into Earthquake) and Toxic. She also has a Mantyke, who is OHKOd by Holgazana.

Before leaving the Dessert, I pick the Sandstorm TM.

I then go up to Mount Chimney, seeing a Mew on the way:

On Mount Chimney there are now 5 trainers. Most people probably miss them, since they only appear after Flannery is defeated. First comes a Beauty with both variants of Vulpix, both defeated by Cuajo.
Second is another Beauty with a Breloom that turns out to be fully walled by Alhambra.
Third is a Veteran with a Munchlax and a Dartrix, both defeated by Holgazana.
Fourth is a Hiker with a Rhyhorn eaten by Alhambra.
Last one is another Beauty with Galarian Corsola. Shenzi has no troubles here.

Next goal is the Trick House,where I easily defeat 3 more trainers. I receive as a reward the Hard Stone this time, giving it to Count Domo.

Last thing I do before challenging Petalburg Gym is to revive the 2 fossils of the dessert in Devon:

At last someone with good IVs and also decent (Careful) nature. Unfortunately, the ability is Swift Swim, for Nuzlocke Battle Armor would be better.

This one however is terrible, and Jolly nature isn,t good for something as slow.

I wanted to challenge Norman in this chapter, but Shiyo told be that he will be releasing a new version of the game tomorrow. Among the things that he will fix there is one trainer in the Petalburg Gym, who has some kind of a bug. So, I end the chapter here and show the team that will challenge the 5th Gym:

Chapter 17. The OHKO room.

Time to go challenge Norman. Of course, it won,t be that easy, since in this game you need to defeat all the trainers of his Gym.

The trainer in the Speed Room doesn,t use Normal types at all. He leads with Ninjask, who Subs twice vs Count Domo and then uses Baton Pass to Octilley. I switch Gerania in, eating a crit Octazooka. Even at +1 (due to Rock Tomb it was not +2), Octillery is still slower than Gerania, who kills it and reaches the level cap 35, learning Gigadrain. Ninjask ends up having no offensive moves and gets killed by Count Domo.

Accuracy Room trainer uses a No Guard Machoke with Dynamic Punch. I switch Alhambra in and while Machoke loses a turn to use Foresight, Alhambra sleeps him with Hypnosis. Gerania comes in and just crits with Gigadrain.

Recovery Room trainer has a Ludicolo with Rain Dish, Leftovers, Rain Dance, Gigadrain and Protect. Nothing of this helps against Gerania, who wins in the long run.

Defense Room trainer also tries to Stall with Toxic + Protect + Dig Umbreon. Shenzi fails to poison it before losing too much health, but Gerania manages to use Leech Seed. Holgazana ends up killing the Umbreon with several Brick Breaks.

Confusion Room trainer has a Lanturn with Parafusion strat. Gerania doesn,t hit herself and wins.

I am very lucky for having Alhambra as the lead in the Strength Room. The trainer uses a Corsola with what looks to be Band Hustle Head Smash. It probably had Explosion too. Even when resisted, Head Smash dealt massive damage to Alhambra, who couldn,t KO with Mega Drain. Even Cuajo is put in yellow while Corsola dies from recoil:

I put Lum Berries to all my team before challenging the OHKO Room. As expected, the trainer has a Smeargle at level 35. Alhambra avoids 3 Sheer Colds while it misses 2 Hypnosis, but hits the next one. I switch to Holgazana, who can,t OHKO the sleeping Smeargle before it wakes up and...

RIP Holgazana, Count Domo, Alhambra, Shenzi and Cuajo. The fucking Smeargle has hit 5 Sheer Colds in a row.

Turns out he was choiced, so he has spent all his PPs, dying from Struggle vs Gerania:

I expected to challenge Norman in this chapter, but I now need to train 5 Mons for it. This is the real problem with doing Nuzlockes in Midele games, you lose almost all your team when you least expect it.

Finally, good Internet at the new house. Lets continue this!

Chapter 18. A normal battle.

After the massacre of last chapter, I need to redo the entire team. I choose Eeveeto (Eevee), Trilo (Anorith), Centollo (Kingler), Soul Eater (Shedinja) and Melenas (Dugtrio) for it.
The training is very long, but the only evolution happens very quickly, I just had to rise 3 levels:

Eeveeto also learns Faint Attack after evolving, so he now has reliable STAB. Before the training ends Eeveeto learns a better (outside of Evasion) STAB in Bite.

A Shiny appears while I am training in Fiery Path:

I think during a long time whether to catch it or not. Ultimately I do, but before I leave the place, I regret it:

Having caught the Slugma in Fiery Patch, I can,t catch these 2, which are a lot better. A shame. Well, lets see the Slugma at least:

Not bad IVs actually. The Relaxed nature is a good one too. It will never be a good Pokemon, but in this game it gets Recover at least, so for Nuzlocke it works. Not for Norman though, since Lavabosa won,t be evolving yet due to Level Cap.

The training eventually ends. Trilo learns Rock Blast and Soul Eater Will-o-wisp as useful moves. I use a couple of TMs to improve my match-up vs Norman too.

So, lets analyze Norman. In vanilla Emerald he uses Spinda, Vigoroth, Linoone and Slaking. Blissey, Kangaskhan and Tauros are present in the rematches. In BW2 he continues to show big variety, with Kecleon, Catsform, Exploud, Zangoose and Ambipom appearing. The variety doesn,t traslate in typings, however, since I don,t see any Normal-Flying mon or Girafarig to face Fight types. Unfortunately, they are not needed vs me, since Cuajo was Sheer Colded by the underling of the OHKO room.

Soul Eater looks like the best lead. He will scout the sets with Protect, status Norman's team and make him use bad moves.

Norman leads with a burned Spinda, which is a mistake for him. Spinda uses Teeter Dance, but Soul Eater protects.
I switch Eeveeto in, while Spinda uses Encore.
I switch Soul Eater back, consuming the Lum Berry due to Teeter Dance.
Soul Eater protects while Spinda tries to use Teeter Dance again.
I switch Eeveeto on an Encore.
Soul Eater comes back again, getting confused by Teeter Dance.

I can,t protect this time, so I switch Trilo in, expecting Norman to switch Spinda out. He doesn,t do that, and Trilo gets confused.
I switch Soul Eater one last time, Spinda uses Psychic.
Soul Eater protects and Spinda finaly dies to its own burn:

In comes a Vigoroth. I switch Gerania in a predicted Shadow Ball.
Gerania uses Leech Seed, Vigoroth damages her with Facade.
Gerania uses Gigadrain, leaving Vigoroth in red. Vigoroth attacks with another Facade.
Gerania ends with Vigoroth next turn while Soul Eater gets to level 32:

Norman sends the ace Slaking now. I switch to Soul Eater, which probably saves Gerania's life, since Slaking uses Hyper Beam, probably band.

Norman switches Slaking out and sends Zangoose, who is burned by WoW.
Soul Eater Protects, Zangoose reveals Aerial Ace.

I send Melenas to eat the next Aerial Ace.
Melenas flinches Zangoose with Iron Head and then kills it with an unneeded crit:

The Slaking comes back and uses Brick Break, which does 0 damage, since I send Soul Eater.

Soul Eater burns the incoming Linoone.
Soul Eater protects from Shadow Ball.

I send Eeveeto, who takes just 3 HP damage from the next Shadow Ball.
Facade doesn,t do much more, and Dark Eeveeto damages Linoone with Double Kick, triggering Sitrus Berry.

Norman surprises me by withdrawing Linoone and sending Slaking again. It turns out to have Lefties and not Band.
I switch back Soul Eater into the Brick Break.

Norman withdraws Slaking and send Linoone, who survives Secret Power, but not the burn:

Chansey is the last Norman's Mon along with Slaking. Norman immediately switches to Slaking while I scout with Protect. This must mean Soul Eater walls both opposing Mons, the battle is won!
And then Slaking uses Rock Slide... and misses. Phew, that was close.

Soul Eater does end up winning the battle though. I Protect when Slaking attacks, and attack when Norman switches. Eventually, both opponents just die:

Soul Eater once again was the MVP of the team, despite almost dying to the surprise Rock Slide. He also learned X-Scissors after killing Chansey.
Norman gives me the badge and the Facade TM. The level cap rose to 45 and Wally's father came and gave me the Surf HM, which will allow me to explore lots of new places before continuing the story.

I end the chapter here, showing all the damage Norman managed to deal to my team:

Chapter 19. Sailing the Western Sea.

Before I start surfing everywhere, I need to make 2 changes to my team. My starter Mosquetona (Vibrava) comes back instead of Melenas, while Soul Eater gets subbed by Vampiresa (Shiny Zubat that has Flamethrower and Ice Beam).
I do need to try Vampiresa though:

Vampiresa evolves right when it catches the rest of the team in terms of level. The next wild Mon that appears after the evolution in route 114, is a shiny one:

The IVs are pretty bad, but this is still one of the best Mons in the game due to having 100% crit rate when holding Nugget. Catrina also comes with Technician as the ability. For now she stays at the PC, but in post-game she surely will enter the team.

Time to go surfing. First place where I do it is route 115. I use Repel, since there is a hidden patch of land in this route, which many people surely missed in vanilla Emerald. In that game, its the only place when a Jigglypuff can be caught. In this one, Natu is a new Mon that appears at any time, Raticate, Teddiursa, Fearow and Stufful appear during the day only, while Alolan Raticate, Corvisquire, Shuppet and Misdreavus appear at night. Corviknight would be pretty good to have, so I will catch something at Night.

First I need to battle some trainers though. The first one is a Blackbelt who almosy surprises me with Counter Machop, but I decided to not face him with Trilo and switched Vampiresa in, so I saw the Counter.
I find the not so useful but strong Focus Punch TM.
A Triatlhete with Vullaby and Dodrio makes for a big challenge, since Vullaby almost manages to kill Eeveeto with a combination of Attract, Flatter and Heat Wave burn, then Dodrio leaves Mosquetona in red before losing to Centollo.
On the other hand, the next Ninja is very easy, Trilo defeats his Ninjask and Gulpin without being damaged.
A Veteran with a burned Makuhita does manage to damage Vampiresa hard with Rock Slide before losing.

Then comes a Double Battle as a last obstacle to get into the Grass:

I could avoid this battle if I left the route and came back (the ninja would not block my way), but I am too lazy to do that, so I battle the Battle Girl and the Medium.
Their leads are Hitmonlee and Solosis. Vampiresa manages to OHKO Hitmonlee with Aerial Ace but Trilo can,t do the same with Solosis, since Rock Blast only hits twice. Trilo takes the Psybeam and then I easily win vs Solosis and the remaining Kadabra.

I finally get to the grass and catch a Mon:

Good IVs, though the nature is Calm. Still, Banette is one of the lucky Megas present in this game and its also the Ghost with the highest Attack after Alolan Marowak.

My next stop is Petalburg City, where I catch another Mon while surfing:

The Fairy typing is the only improvement Azumarill gets in this game, though resists to Dragon, Fight, Bug and Dark are certainly useful. The IVs are good, the Calm nature is not. Its still not a good Mon to use in 3rd Gen.

I can,t catch more Mons (unless a shiny appears) on Route 104, but I can do it on water route 105. New Mons that appear here are Mantyke and...

This thing. Has bad IVs and the ability is Poison Point instead of Adaptability. There is ability capsule in this game, but probably very late, so for now, Algosa is not very useful.

I battle the trainers of route 105. Almost none of them are threatening, the exceptions being a Swimmer with a Drizzle Weatherball Pelipper and...

This Double Battle. The 2 guys protect a Hidden Item, so I go for it.
Their leads are Corvisquire and Onix. Since the Onix uses DD on first turn, I focus on him the second one, while Mosquetona and Centollo are damaged by STAB attacks. After Onix dies, Skrelp appears on its place. I send Eeveeto instead of Mosquetona, while Centollo starts digging. The Skrelp ends up killing the Corvisquire with Surf, right before dying to Dig. Last Mon is Spearow, which is not a threat at all.

The hidden item ends up being a Big Pearl, just some money.

After I defeat the last trainer of route 105, I arrive to the 106 one. New Mons here are Krabby, Skrelp (both of these I already have), Remoraid and Mantyke. I catch one of the classic ones though:

Terrible IVs and the Jolly nature makes it even weaker. At least it has the Rain Dish abilities, meaning that it will be Drizzle after evolving.

I enter Dewford Town, not to catch a Mon, but to get Sludge Bomb TM, which can only be acquired after beating Norman. Vampiresa already knows the move though.

Next route is 107. I catch the only possible Mon that remains on this route for surfing:

Some decent IVs here, though the ability is Swift Swim. Mantine gets almost no improvement in terms of movepool, but its Stats are updated to gen 8, so thats something.

I clean the trainers of the route 107 and enter Abandoned Ship. There during a battle against the first trainer, Eeveeto gets to level 36 and learns his strongest STAB, Crunch.
After defeating all the trainers of the Ship and finding the Ice Beam TM, I go for the catch. There are 3 new Mons who can be caught here: Galarian Corsola, Alolan Grimer and Dhelmise. And this is what I catch:

Good IVs and Quiet Nature is probably the best one, since this is a bulky mixed attacker. The only ability available for Lodoso in this game is Gluttony. Poison-Dark typing and good movepool give him a lot of potential.

Since this chapter is becoming very long and I want to sleep, I will end it here.

Chapter 20. Izabe Island.

Route 108 instead of Tentacools, has the same Mons from the Abandoned Ship, so I catch one:

IVs are not good and the Pokemon itself isn,t good either. No Eviolite means no bulk. Cursola isn,t much better although it will be able to use 95 base attack STAB Shadow Ball coupled with some strong special moves. The only ability that Cursola has in this game is Perish Body, so it can be very annoying to use.

The trainers of the route 108 are easy... except this pair:

A full team of 6 between the 2 in a double battle. They lead with Wingull and Electrike, my leads are Trilo and Mosquetona. I fear water and ice attacks, so I switch to Eeveeto and Gerania. Wingull drops the speed with Icy Wind while Electrike uses Charge.
Wingull knocks the Miracle Seed from Gerania, which doesn,t save him for dying to Gigadrain. Electrike uses Charge while Eeveeto digs. A burned Machop is sent.
Machop dies to Gigadrain and Electrike to Dig. Slowpoke and burned Taillow are sent.
I replace Gerania with Centollo, but Taillow deals almost no damage anyway with Air Cutter. The bird dies to the burn after being Crunched by Eeveeto. Slowpoke uses Yawn and last opponent is a Cubone.
Cubone dies to Crabhammer. Slowpoke manages to survive a Crunch, but not a Secret Power of Centollo the next turn. The battle was much easier than I have expected.

I enter Route 109. I can,t catch Mons here without fishing with Good Rod, so I will return later. For now, I just beat all trainers, learning Centollo Sword Dance and Gerania Earthquake.

In Slateport Harbor there is a new place accesible by surfing:

The sailor is a new trainer:

Furrytrauniner is a moderador in the Pokexperto Forums. His lead is a Perrserker, so Trilo has no business facing it.
I switch Centollo in, taking Iron Head easily.
Centollo uses SD and Perrserker... Glare? WTF, the privileges of being a moderator are unfair!
In any case, Centollo easily kills the cat with Dig:

In comes Arcanine, who tries to use another illegal move in Whirlwind, but gets killed by Dig:

Last one is an illegal Lucario with Knock Off. Damn, this dude should be in jail for these illegalities.
And then, while Centollo is underground, Lucario uses Destinybond:

RIP Centollo. Fuck Furrytrainer, this was totally not fair.

I now need to train another water Mon. Since I have a pretty solid team overall, I choose the worst water I have, Azul Marina (Marill).

Eventually, AzulMarina gets to level 35 and I think its enough training for her. And then I speak again to Furry:

He offers to carry me to a new place known as Izabe Island, which its an island that appears in the anime. In this game, it serves as a source of getting Ice Type Mons way earlier than usually.

Here is the initial layout. The music that plays here is the Kanto Route 25 one:

The NPC seen tells me that this place is very cold and full of Blizzards, so I need to take care.

After I enter the door, a place similar to the museum follows:

She says that Izabe Island is a leading place for sea and naval researchers.
I enter to Izabe town then:

Saffron City music from GSC plays here. I enter to a house, where a dude whose brother is hungry, offers a Kanto Farfetch'd if I give him a Lapras,:

I don,t have a Lapras, but if I find one, I already have the right item for Farfy:

In another house I find the Micolo Laboratory:

There are many documents in this Laboratory. Some resume the final plot of previous Midele games (Midele Crystal and Midele Red), some tell me that there is a secret house in this island and a generator of power that can be accessed by diving in a lake. And there is also information about some Fakemons:

You have already seen (and will see again) Dark Pika. Micomon was a Fakemon present in RBY. It was not entirely a Fakemon, since it used a sprite of an unused Mon of Gold demo:

Micomon had low offensive power, but huge defensive Stats which allowed it to Stall well in conjuction with the broken move Midele Power (in Midele Red it had Wrap effect but much higher power).
Catermano used a Shiny Caterpie sprite. Unlike Micomon, it was an offensive powerhouse, though its movepool was low: Tackle, Lick, OHKO Moves and Midele Power if I am remember well.
Neither Caterpie nor Micomon are present in Midele Emerald, but Dark Pika is here to make the post-game a real hell. Its not the only Fakemon either, but for now, info for the others is not available.

Based on the info in Micolo Laboratory, I find the secret house in the town:

Inside I find an imprisoned giant and also 2 items:

I don,t know what the giant is, but the items are Light Ball and Metal Coat. In the low right corner, there is also information about teams that someone (either Micolo or Shiyo himself) used to beat respectively Midele Crystal and Midele Red. Gyarados, Arcanine, Jynx, Crobat, Dragonite and Tyranitar was the Johto team, while Slowbro, Dugtrio, Vikavolt, Nidoqueen, Golem and Dark Pika were used to beat Kanto.

I leave this weird building and find the lake of the Izabe Island Town:

There is also a hidden item here that I can,t use in Nuzlocke:

I will consider this lake as 2 areas, one above water, and another underwater, since the encounters are different. I can,t Dive yet, so for now I only catch a surfing Mon:

Seel had 95% of appearing as the first Mon in the lake. 4% was for Dewgong and 1% for Lapras. Dewgong still has the title of the worst Water-Ice Mon, but its not entirely bad either. The IVs of this one are, though. Lax nature isn,t good too.

I then enter the Town Hall, which also works as the town exit:

The guard doesn,t let me pass and tells me to speak with the Town Major for it:

He wants to battle before letting me advance, so here we go:

He leads with an Alola Persian. The cat Stalls Azul Marina for 3 turns with Toxic + Protect, taking Body Slams easily, though I manage to paralyze it.

I then switch Vampiresa in a predicted Protect.
Persian protects again, which helps him to regain some health with Leftovers.
Vampiresa uses Sludge Bomb, Persian taunts her, which is useless, Vampiresa only has attacking moves.
Persian protects again.
Vampiresa manages to damage Persian twice and only gets hit by 1 Bite, Persian gets paralyzed the other turn.
Vampiresa leaves Persian in red with another Sludge Bomb. The cat gets paralyzed again.
Finally, Vampiresa ends with him:

A cute Shiny Eevee appears. Surprisingly, Sludge Bomb takes less than half from it and Eevee uses Wish.
Eevee takes another Sludge Bomb and hits Vampiresa very hard with Body Slam. Vampiresa consumes the Sitrus Berry.

I switch Eeveeto in to show that Eevee the better version. Opposing Eevee uses Wish.
Due to the Everstone boost, Eevee is faster than Eeveeto, which makes its Mimic fail. Eeveeto uses Toxic meanwhile.
Eevee mimics the Toxic, but in order to avoid it for a longer time, Eeveeto uses Dig.
Eevee uses Wish while Eeveeto hits with Dig.
Eevee attacks with Body Slam, hitting very hard and leaving Eeveeto in crit-KO range. It also lives Double Kick and heals with the previous Wish.

I switch to Trilo, while Garm sends a very scary Kanto Persian at the same time.
Trilo uses Rock Blast twice while Persian boosts with Nasty Plot.

I switch Gerania on a predicted Water Pulse. Its not a crittical hit, so that Persian doesn,t have Nugget, I am safe for now.
Persian still hits hard with +2 Bite, but Gerania ends with him using Gigadrain. Eevee collapses too right after:

After losing, Garm tells me that someone is lost outside the town. Normally it wouldn,t be too dangerous, but the lost person was last seen close to a very dangerous cave. The guard lets me go there now.

I go therefore to the mountain of Izabe Island. There are many Mons that appear here: Vulpix Alola, Snom, Phanpy, Teddiursa, Snover, Stantler, Frosmoth and Wintass (Fakemon) appear at any time. During the day there are also Smeargle and Wooloo, while during the night Sneasel and Delibird appear. Since Wooloo in this game is a very strong Fakemon and only appears here, I make the catch during the day:

Good IVs and Brave Nature is not bad for him. Its still not Wooloo though, which is a shame.

In the mountain there are also trainers:

Its Youngster Joey... and he leads with Level 1 Rattata while there is hail on the field. Everyone knows where this is going...
Fortunately, AzulMarina is my lead and she has both Dig and Bounce. Focus Sash doesn,t work due to the hail and I don,t lose Mons due to Endeavor + Hail strat:

The level 33 Raticate that appears right after is more threateing though. It crits AzulMarina with Hyperfang, leaving her in yellow.

I send Trilo, who barely takes Hyperfang + Blizzard and wins the battle:

The mountain is pretty large and full of surprises. I find a Silverpowder, which Trilo can,t use yet due to not having a Bug move.
Next trainer appears:

I don,t know who the hell Eren is, but he leads with a Spikes Omanyte. It manages to put 3 layers before a combination of Dig + Surf knocks it out:

Gardevoir comes next. And it crits Magical Leaf:

RIP AzulMarina. She saved me against the Sash Rattata, but nothing can safe me against hax.

Vampiresa comes in and murders the Gardevoir with Sludge Bomb, rising to level 37:

The last Mon means I will probably have to sack Vampiresa due to the Spikes and Hail combination, its a Jynx.
Fortunately, Jynx is too frail and has no Sash, so a single Sludge Bomb is enough:

I now need to replace the second Water type of this chapter. It will be the last one, since I am ending the chapter here. The choosen one is Steller (Seel). Hopefully it won,t be critted (Spoiler: it probably will).

Chapter 21. Switching, always switching.

I need to train Steller now until he evolves at level 34:

Before going back to the mountain of Izabe Island, I visit the Micolo Laboratory to pick a free Mon there:

As its the only one in the game, its hardcoded to have perfect IVs. The nature is Serious (neutral) and since this is an Eternal Flower Floette, it has 74-65-67-125-128-92 Stats. The ability is Overgrow, I would have prefered Natural Cure, which was the other option. This is one of the best Fairies in the game, at least offensively, so for now she sits in the PC. The Petaya Berry comes with me though, I will plant it.

Time to go back to Izabe Island Mountain and face a fisherman with a hungry man-eating Magikarp:

I also don,t know who Vladimir is but he leads with a level 37 Surskit, which cancels the Hail using Rain Dance. Steller Encores the spider.

Vladimir withdraws Surskit and sends Carvanha, who survives a crit Surf with Focus Sash.
Expecting Destinybond I use Encore, but Carvanha uses Ancient Power instead.

Mosquetona comes in and takes a crit Ancient Power and a normal one, before killing the fish with Dragon Breath.

Surskit comes back while Rain stops.
Fearing Ice Beam, I send Vampiresa and almost lose her to a crit Hydro Pump:

In case that Surskit has a Sash, I send Gerania while it uses Rain Dance again.
Surskit uses a powerful Hydro Pump, but Gerania recovers all the HP lost by using Giga Drain.
Next turn the broken Surskit finally falls:

In comes the hungry level 39 Magikarp. It does damage Gerania a lot with Hydro Pump, but gets killed in one turn.

Last is a Feebas that falls in one hit too.

His Mons need to eat one human a day, thats truly not sustainable due to the low population of the island.

Next trainer I find protects an item and warns me to not go to the cave:

Its Hiker Manolo, who I also don,t know who is on the Pxp Forums. Just like the previous Fisherman, his lead changes weather. This time is a Drilbur, and the weather is Sandstorm. The mole dies the same turn to Ice Beam from Steller though.

In comes a Kangaskhan. It Disables Ice Beam while Steller uses Encore on the Disable.

Manolo switches out Kanga and sends Lairon, who gets Sturdy activated by Surf.
Another Surf ends with Lairon. Steller also loses the Disable effect.

Kanga comes back and uses Disable again, Steller Encores it.
It takes a while for Kanga to die and it manages to hit a Low Kick before that, but the battle is won solely by Steller:

The item Hiker Manolo protected ends up being Sharp Beak. Sitrus Berry is better in this Hail area, but Vampiresa will take the Beak after I leave it.

I also find an invisible Spell Tag soon in this mountain.

Next trainer is as creepy as almost all of them here:

I remember Gooses as one of the only trainers in Midele Red who has a personal sprite. She also got some kills in that game and wants to do the same here.
This time, Gooses leads with a Shiny Froslass, who Tbolts Steller hard, receiving Surf.

I switch Eeveeto in to take the next Tbolt.
Froslass starts to use Spikes, while I, fearing Destiny Bond use Toxic instead of Crunch.
Froslass uses Atract next turn, Eeveeto can,t attack but would have used Toxic anyway.
At this point, Froslass has revealed 3 Moves, so I doubt it has Dbond. That doesn,t matter, since Eeveeto still can,t attack while Froslass puts the second layer of Spikes.
Froslass succesfully puts the 3rd layer of Spikes before dying to the poison:

Gooses then warns me about the Blizzard that is about to come.

Oh, shit, ist an Alolan Ninetales. I won,t be able to win this battle without a sack. Can Eeveeto resist a Moonblast from this health?
In any case, Ninetales starts using Confuse Ray. Eeveeto hits himself but eats the Sitrus Berry, so he has higher chances to live next hit.
Next hit ends up being a Dazzling Gleam. Eevee snaps out from confusion, but misses Toxic. Ninetales must have Snow Cloak, since Hail is already falling.

I send Vampiresa to take next Dazzling Gleam.
Vampiresa drops Ninetales to 1 HP (Focus Sash) and poisons it. Ninetales manages to hit Icy Wind before dying:

Gooses sends her last Pokemon...

Ok, how the hell I am supposed to win against that with Hail and 3 layers of Spikes?
I clearly need to sack Vampiresa here, unfortunately (or Eeveeto, but I don,t want to lose Eeveeto).
Vampiresa uses Sludge Bomb and misses. Glaceon doesn,t miss Icy Wind.

RIP Vampiresa. Once again, Gooses proves to be a tough opponent.
Steller comes in, suffering the Spikes, so its just at 26 HP.
Steller ends up being faster than Glaceon, so he can use Rest before being hit by Bite. He wakes up with Chesto Berry the same turn.
Steller uses Surf and almost dies to Mirror Coat.
If Glaceon didn,t have Snow Cloak, I would have used Encore here, but since I fear missing, I must use Rest.
Fortunately, the AI fucks up here and while Steller is asleep, Glaceon uses Mirror Coat twice.
Steller misses first Encore when he wakes up, but hits the second, forcing Glaceon to continue using Mirror Coat.

I switch Trilo in. He uses Rock Blast, but Glaceon survives 2 hits in red.
I risk by staying and Trilo ends the battle with Secret Power.

After wining, Gooses tells me that she will appear again later in the game, and will have her own Gym. I am already scared.

Vampiresa was a painful lose. I need to replace her now. Next unmon I put in the team is Coral (Galarian Corsola). When I caught it, I didn,t realize it got a small buff in this game: it can now learn Toxic, like almost every Mon. Personally I never liked the fact that almost every Pokemon learns Toxic and changing it in SS was a good decision. Still, its kinda unfair that old Mons can be transferred to SS knowing Toxic while new ones can,t use the move.

After training Coral until the level 34, I come back to the deadly mountain, where I find a Black Belt.
Then I see a truck:

Probably this is the place where Mew appears in this game. But not yet.
I also find a Twistedspoon before arriving to Izabe Cave.

At the cave, the following Pokemon appear: Sandshrew Alola, Swinub, Snorunt, Golbat (already had this one until Vampiresa died), Gastly, Smoochum, Sandslash Alola, Wintass (Fakemon), y Sneasel. Who will I catch here?

Well, well, this is not bad at all. Despite the Special Attack IVs, Sandslash still can,t use Ice STAB well, but Steel one is available, having Iron Head and Sword Dance among other moves. Snow Cloak is generally worse than Slush Rush though.

I come back to the cave, where tense Pokemon Mansion music sounds. But I will have to leave the cave again very soon, since this happens:

Not the best IVs out there, but not the worst either. I don,t know if Gengar has been nerfed by having Cursed Body in this game, but since nothing about it appears in the game document, it probably still has Levitate. And everyone knows how good Gengar is in Adv. Needless to say it, for now Prisrak stays at the PC.

Now yes, I enter the cave to explore it fully. I find Destiny Knot pretty quickly, though its still a pretty useless item.

Going through the cave, I finally come to this chamber:

First I read the braille:

"Presenta roca, acero y hielo" = Show Rock, Steel and Ice. So, this is the place where Regigigas must be found.
Then I speak to the dude, who is the one I came to search for:

He tells me that he has information about the totem seen on the left. But I need to defeat him before he reveals it:

Oh, shit, its Lavender, one of the developers of the Midele series. He leads with a Shiny Wooloo, which as I already mentioned is a very dangerous Mon due to having Dubwool Stats + Huge Power.
Not for Coral though. Wooloo uses Thunder Wave while Coral burns the sheep with WoW.

Lavender withdraws Wooloo and sends Appletun, getting hit by a very weak Surf.
Appletun uses Leech Seed and gets a Toxic from Coral.

I switch Gerania in, receiving a Dragonbreath.
Gerania uses Body Slam but is paralyzed by the next Dragonbreath.
Appletun attacks again, Gerania heals with Synthesis.
At this point, Appletun is about to die from the Toxic, so I use Synthesis again... but Appletun uses Rest and my plan has totally failed.
Appletun continues pressuring Gerania with Dragonbreath. Gerania manages to hit a Body Slam.
Appletun attacks again, Gerania heals.
Appletun still attacks, Gerania hits another Body Slam.
Appletun uses another Dragonbreath, Gerania heals.
Appletun continues his offensive, Gerania uses Body Slam.

Predicting Rest, I switch to Steller.
2 Ice Beams are enough for the dragon:

Shiny Porygon2 comes. I switch Coral back, getting hit by Tbolt.
Another Tbolt makes Coral consume the Sitrus Berry, but he misses Toxic.

I switch Eeveeto in the next Tbolt.
Porygon2 manages to paralyze Eeveeto with Thunderbolt, but gets poisoned in the process.
Eeveeto can,t attack next turn and is forced to eat the Sitrus Berry. This battle looks not good at all.
Eeveeto eats another Tbolt, which leaves him in yellow, and uses Dig to stall Toxic turns.
Eeveeto hits Porygon, who now eats its own Sitrus Berry.

I switch Gerania in while Lavender sends Wooloo.
The ship tries to hax with Headbutt, but Gerania manages to attack once again and uses Gigadrain.

I send Coral on the next Headbutt.
Then Lavender switches the Wooloo (who is about to die from burn) for a very dangerous Frosmoth, entering in Ice Beam.

I send Steller to face the Moth, entering in Aurora Beam.
Frosmoth misses Stun Spore and gets Encored.

I switch Eeveeto back, since he is already paralyzed.
Lavender switches next turn to Zweilous, who gets poisoned.

Gerania enters in a Return that misses.
Next return hits and deals a lot of damage, which Gerania can,t heal due to getting paralyzed.

I switch Coral back.
Scouting for Crunch, I switch Eeveeto in, but Lavender switches to Frosmoth at the same time.

I switch Steller in, getting an Aurora Beam.
Frosmoth hits Stun Spore this time, now I have 4 paralyzed Mons. At least, Steller gets the Encore done.

Porygon2 goes back, tracing Thick Fat, which makes it survive Ice Beam.
I send Mosquetona on the predicted Tbolt.
Mosquetona ends with Porygon by using Dragonbreath. Steller rises to level 36 meanwhile:

Lavender sends a Corvisquire. It uses Double Team and avoids Rock Tomb.
Next Rock Tomb hits, even though the bird is now at +2 Evasion.
Third Rock Tomb also hits, Corvisquire dies without dealing damage:

Scary Frosmoth is back. I switch Steller back, getting almost no damage from Aurora Beam.
Crit Fairy Wind deals much more, Steller gets to yellow range.
After next hit, Steller can,t move due to the paralisis.
Steller gets to red and can,t move again. Without crit, he still should survive another hit most of the time...

Steller is GOD. He also wakes up due to Chesto Berry.
Frosmoth misses Stun Spore but gets Encored anyway.

I switch Gerania in.
Lavender then withdraws Frosmoth and sends Zweilous. Gerania manages to heal.
Gerania gets hit by Return and heals again.

I send Coral one more time. Zweilous is about to die from Poison.
I switch Trilo in predicting a switch, but Zweilous stays and uses Dragon Breath. And crits.

RIP Trilo. Just 4 levels away from being an Armaldo...

I send Gerania and see Zweilous die from poison:

Gerania levels up to 39.
Frosmoth, still pretty healthy, comes back in. Gerania takes an Aurora Beam and damages the moth hard with Body Slam, but can,t paralyze.

Ok, final battle then. I send Steller in, getting a crit Aurora Beam. Would have lost Gerania if it happened a turn earlier.
Omg, Frosmoth has Rest too. He gets Encored though.

Unfortunately, Lavender still has a Wooloo to sack. Knowing this, I send Gerania and watch the sheep die.

Ok, now the true final battle arrives. My team is so weakened that Fromoth directly wins if he can get past Steller.

I send Steller back in, taking an Aurora Beam.
Frosmoth lands a Stun Spore, but Steller succesfully uses the last Encore.

I send Mosquetona, who also gets paralyzed. Yes, I now have 5 paralyzed Mons.
Unfortunately, Mosquetona can,t attack before the Encore ends.

So, Steller comes back in an Aurora Beam.
Frosmoth uses Fairy Wind and gets hit by Surf. Ice Scales make that damage very low.
I predict a crit Fairy Wind and make Steller use Rest.
Before Steller wakes up, he gets crit again, so I need to Rest one more time.
I check how many PPs Fairy Wind has... 48, fuck, I can,t outstall that.

So, the sequence now goes like this: Frosmoth uses 3 Fairy Winds while Steller sleeps and gets one hit of Surf before sleeping again.
Eventually, Frosmoth uses Rest too, so I send Mosquetona.
Mosquetona manages to attack this time and the battle finally ends:

After the battle, Lavender tells me that all the Totems have been created by Micolo and that I should take care, since he is very dangerous. He also gives me the Fly HM. And he also updates my Music Player:

Lavender leaves, but surely this won,t be the last time I have to face him. I can now hear the music that played in this dramatic battle every time I want:

I will face the Totem in the next chapter. After all, I now need to train a Mon. I don,t think I have ever had an in-game battle in which the AI switched so many times, it almost looked like a competitive battle. Before I leave, I show how the team ended:

Chapter 22. The Abominable Snowman.

Before challenging the Totem (which is not obligatory, but surely gives some prize), I need to train a new Pokemon. I choose Lavabosa (shiny Slugma) due to the resists it offers. I do worry about my team becoming too stally though.

Despite being a painful experience, I train Lavabosa all the way to level 38, it would not survive long vs trainers unevolved:

After training Lavabosa and picking from Izabe Island a Poison Barb and a Thick Club that I forgot before, I go for the Totem:

So, this is Wintass, another one of the short list of Fakemons of this game. Its not nearly as broken as Dark Pika but still strong. Ice-Fight typing with 150-130-60-46-64-70 Stats. Ice Body and Technician are its abilities and the movepool is quite extensive: all kind of Physical Moves, Spikes, Yawn, Bulk Up and Tail Glow.

I lead with Coral vs it. Wintass uses Rock Blast and hits 3 times, getting Rock Blast disabled, Sitrus Berry triggered and burned by Wow. Unfortunately...

I didn,t know about this mechanic of Totem Aura. And it means I am in big trouble.

I send Gerania, who avoids Blizzard when entering.

I send Steller next. He gets hit by Blizzard.
Steller uses Encore on Blizzard.
Steller manages to hit Wintass twice with Surf, but the monster heals with Lefties almost all the damage dealt. Blizzard PPs are done at least.

I send Gerania, who gets hit by 3 Rock Blasts.
Gerania heals with Synthesis but gets the speed dropped by Mud Shot.

I send Eeveeto, who also gets hit by Mud Shot.

I send Coral to see the obvious Fight move. It turns out to be Mach Punch.

Gerania comes back. Rock Blast is used, but Gerania only gets 2 hits.
Gerania heals and gets hit by 3 Rock Blasts, one of which is crit.
Gerania heals again, 2 Rock Blasts hit.
Gerania heals again, but gets the speed dropped by Mud Shot.

So, Eeveeto has to come in again on the next Mud Shot. He consumes the Sitrus Berry.

Coral comes in a Mach Punch.

Gerania comes in, eating 2 Rock Blasts.
Gerania heals and eats 4 more Rock Blasts. If I counted the PPs well, 3 Rock Blasts remain. My only chance of winning this battle is PP Stalling.
Gerania heals again... and almost dies from 5 Rock Blasts, 1 of which is crit.

I switch Coral in the obvious Mach Punch.

I then send Eeveeto, getting another 2 hits of Rock Blast.

I send Coral in the Mach Punch.

I send Mosquetona, who avoids the last Rock Blast.

From there, I switch between Coral and Mosquetona to spend the Mud Shot PPs. Unfortunately I count wrongly and Coral gets hit by the last Mud Shot, meaning I will have to sack it to the Struggle when Mach Punch PPs end, since I haven,t counted those PPs at all.

And that is what happens:

RIP Coral. This totem has been the strongest so far.

Lavabosa enters the field. Even at this last moments of the battle, Wintass is still an asshole and avoids Heat Wave.
He also lives the second one.
Finally, the Yeti falls:

And my reward for winning against this abomination is... NOTHING! I really thought there would be some item, maybe Lefties, but no, Shiyo is way too evil for that. Expected to have a longer chapter, but this battle took a long time, so I am finishing it here showing my team:

Fortunately, in the next chapter I will go back to the usual Hoenn, hopefully it won,t be as hard as Izabe Island (Spoiler: it will).

Chapter 23. The hidden generator.

Once again, I need to train a new Mon. I choose Spooky (Shuppet) this time:

After having Spooky evolving, I go to the Trick House. I easily defeat the trainers there and get Smoke Ball as reward. In this game it boosts Special Attack and Special Defense when held by Dustox or Beautifly.

I also defeat the 2 swimmers of route 103. Then I go on the way to Fortree... well, not really since first I need to clean New Mauville:

New Mauville has 2 areas in theory, but I will only count them as one. I still count the Voltorbs as fixed encounters though, so I can catch one of them. New Pokemon that appear here are Alolan Geodude, Alolan Graveler, Porygon, Charjabug, Toxel and Elekid. And this is what I catch:

Not the worst IVs out there, although I would have prefered Sturdy as the ability instead of Magnet Pull.

I also catch a fixed Voltorb, the first one explodes on me, the second is caught.
Huh, where is the generator button? Oh, right...

Eeveeto is my lead. I took a big risk this battle, since Toxtricity had 3 chances to crit Eeveeto with Thunderbolt, but fortunately it didn,t happen. Eeveeto 3HKOs with Dig despite the Lefties that Toxtricity has:

By the way, after the Totem Wintass battle of last chapter I read the Midele Emerald Document and discovered all the things Totem Pokemon are immune to in this game:
-They can,t receive critical hits.
-They can,t be affected by OHKO Moves.
-Perish Song doesn,t kill them.
-Status (as discovered in last chapter)
-Transform and Imposter fails against them.
-Destiny Bond also fails.
-Super Fang misses.
-Leech Seed also doesn,t affect.

So, this means there are pretty much these ways to defeat Totems:
-Brute damage.
-PP Stall them (like I did yesterday with Wintass).
-Sandstorm or Hail and hope they don,t have Leftovers.
-Partial Trapping (Fire Spin, Whirpool, etc.).

Apart from the above, Totems still have some Stats boosted which are NOT revealed. So, they are big threats.

Wattson gives me the Thunderbolt TM, which I teach Spooky.
Before I finish this short chapter, I will show the Voltorb I caught:

Actual good IVs, but Careful nature is not good. Although if I end up using this, it will be as an Explosive sack most likely...

Chapter 24. A rainy way.

I finally go to route 118 and get the Good Rod there. New Mons that appear in this route during at any time are Applin, Aipom, Goomy and Croagunk. During the day Raticate and Linoone appear, at night their Alolan and Galarian versions. Zigzagoon, Wingull and Elektrike don,t appear anymore. Since I already have a Galarian Zigzagoon and an Alolan Rattata, I catch a Mon during the day. Or attempt to catch:

Damn Manectric-Rang, your fellow Manectrics are too scary.

I do a little training in this route, you can never be overleveled in Midele. Then I challenge tre trainers, starting from Interviewers Gaby and Ty. This time knowing their Mons, they are not a threat at all: EQ from Gerania and Double Kick from Eeveeto make me win the battle in just 1 turn.

A Fisherman with Feraligatr manages to flinch Steller with Rock Slide, but I happen to have the Starter Feraligatr is weak against. The fisherman is for sure making me his rival after the beatdown.
Next comes a Bird Keeper. Both his Vibrava and his Taillow are OHKOd by Steller, but Taillow damages very hard with Boomburst, so Lavabosa has to deal with the last Mon, which is a Swellow.
Last trainer is another Bird Keeper who has just a Pidgeotto. Easy experience for Steller.

Before going to route 119, I want to visit the Berry Master on route 123. There are trainers before him though. First one is probably the most dangerous one. With just a Pinsir, a Bug Catcher manages to deal a lot of damage to my team before falling:

A Cooltrainer with Absol can,t do anything to Steller on the other hand.
Rain starts before the next battle against Aroma Lady. Steller enjoys it to OHKO a Mawile. The Venusaur that comes after is tougher, but a combination of Gerania and Spooky take it down.

I visit Berry Master and his garden, getting lost of berries in the process, which I plant in the same garden.
There is still one more battle at this route, vs Twins with Beautifly and Dustox. Despite being a lot better in thuis game, they don,t get to damage Mosquetona and Spooky.

Now yes, I go to rute 119. New route, new Mon to catch. Stunfisk, Applin, Lickitung, Aipom, Pancham and Bonsly appear here now. During the day, Ledian and Herdier also appear, while during the night Ariados and Impidimp are there instead. Ledian is a very strong Mon in this game, so I go for the day:

Not the day Mon I aimed for. Calm nature + low IVs ensure Dogga won,t be doing lost of damage. That would still be fine with Intimidate ability, but this one has Sand Rush unfortunately.

After a short training on route 119, I start beating the trainers, beginning with the Mimic Circle. First bug catcher has a Fromosth, which is walled and defeated by Lavabosa. Much easier now than when Lavender used that Mon.

The Butterfree from the next Bug Maniac would have OHKOd Mosquetona if it critted. After killing Butterfree with Rock Tomb, I switch Lavabosa in to deal with Dustox, but its harder than I expected: the moth uses Toxic and then stalls with Recover (it gets the move in this game, replacing Roost). So, Steller is the one that kills the Dustox with Surf and then tries to do the same to Beautifly, but ends up surprised by Sash + Electroweb. I send Spooky in to avoid the KO and finish the battle with Shadow Sneak.

Next Bug Catcher is also very dangerous. His Volbeat has Tail Glow and damages hard Steller with Tbolt and Eeveeto with Dazzling Gleam. Spooky manages to end with him using Shadow Sneak. The Illumise that comes after tries to stall with Confuse Ray + Toxic and also ends up being annoying to kill.

Fourth Mimic Circle member leads with a deadly Leadian that has Agility + SD. As a reminder, Lucky Punch in this game gives Ledian double Attack and Special Attack on top of high crit rate. Fortunately, Steller has Encore and easily stops the bug. The Ariados that comes after actually manages to damage Steller hard with 5 Pin Missile hits before falling too.

Fifth mimicker tries to avoid all damage with Wonder Guard Shedinja and Double Team Ninjask, but Lavabosa beats both.
Last trainer of this funny gropu gets the Yanma killed by Mosquetona and the Masquerain by Steller. After the battle, my starter finally reaches her last stage:

Then I battle a hidden Fisherman with a broken Magikarp:

All that damage was done by Hydro Pump in rain. Steller takes next 2 Hydros and gets very badly damaged too:

Rest of the team is not as dangerous: Galarian Corsola is defeated by Steller, Sash Mirror Coat Feebas by Gerania (it revealed Mirror Coat before getting hit) and Dragonair also by Gerania.

Mosquetona battles for the first time against a Pokemon Ranger with Roselia and Flareon, easily defeating both of them.
Another Pokemon Ranger has his Breloom killed by Spooky and his Morgrem by Steller.
The Seaking of a Parasol Lady funnily has only Horn Drill as the offensive move, but its underleveled, so no OHKOs this time. Eeveeto gets to level 40 in this battle and learns Yawn. The Parasol Lady gets to wreck me verbally instead of battling:

The Bird Kepeer that I face after the Parasol Lady tries to surprise me with Destinbond Delibird, but Eeveeto does not 2HKO the bird:

Toxic ends with it.

A Ninja Boy with Double Team + Substitute Intelleon in Rain could have given me big troubles, but he commited the mistake of using Double Team first, getting a Toxic. He still gets to scare me Baton Passing the Sub + Evasion to a Koffing, but Spooky manages to win against the NFE. The Intelleon then gets ended by Gerania.

Have you ever thought about Scott being a pedophile with him following children across Hoenn? Well, the next trainer is even worse:

His Slugma and Numel are no match for Steller though.

Last trainer before the Weather Institute is a Bird Keeper with Wingull and Tropius. The former gets killed by Eeveeto, the later by Steller.

I take a rest at the building and then start cleaning it from the Aqua Grunts. First one has a lonely Grimer who is (not very tasty) food for Mosquetona.
Second one has a Golbat and an Alolan Raticate, Mosquetona still wins.
Third one battles a little better. His Qwilfish falls to Mosquetona after putting Spikes, but his Mightyena gets to sleep Mosquetona with Yawn and damage Eeveeto with an effective Hidden Power before falling.
Fourth grunt leads with Swalot. Knowing Swalot learns Ice Beam, I send Steller to replace Mosquetona, eating and encoring a Yawn. I then send Spooky, who is immune to Yawn due to Insomnia. As I expected, the grunt withdraws Swalot and sends a Murkrow, who is OHKOd by Thunderbolt. Spooky isn,t able to beat Swalot before being in range of KO by crit, so I send Gerania to finish the ameba with EQ.

Last grunt is the closest one to kill a Mon. His Wailmer falls to Gerania, but his Ariados gets to +4 with SD before being hit by Heat Wave from Lavabosa, having also Sash. This allows the spider to hit 5 Pin Missiles, leaving Lava Bosa in red:

The last Mon is a Sableye, defeated by Steller.

Maybe that last grunt should have been the Admin, because Shelly is an absolute joke. Her Sharped, Gyardos and Mightyena all lose to Gerania.

Team Aqua leave for Mount Pyre, while I get a Castform as a gift for saving the Institute:

Castform has been improved in this game, when its in either of the weather forms, it gets Special Attack and Speed multiplied by 1,5. This one has decent IVs and Calm Nature. When I get to use a weather setter, it will probably be used at some point.

Finishing the chapter here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)