SV OU Fairy Gambit Quintuple SD HO (I peaked at 1834)

Hello and welcome to my first ever RMT, I built this team around the move Swords Dance, mostly because I really like clicking it, but also because I feel like in the current meta there are not many thing that can answer multiple Swords Dancers reliably, except Dozo ofc but i have ways of dealing with it in my team.
Anyways so here is the result of me trying to cram as much Swords Dance as I can into a single team:
hamurott.png

Samurott-Hisui (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Razor Shell
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Hisuian Samurott is just a really good hazard lead, I have SD to better pressure Corv and I chose Razor Shell over the second water move in order to better pressure Dozo, It can also function as a mid game Gambit Check in case I don't lead with it and Focus Sash is always usefull to have in the offense matchup.
I chose tera Ghost to spinblock in a pinch
pult2.png

Dragapult (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn

Dragapult Is the only special attacker on my team, so it's main role is to gain back momentum against physical walls, I chose Dragpult specificaly since it's typng allows it to switch in easily to Iron Press pokemon, and deter Tusk from spinning, while also offering a great natrual speed control for the team. Dragapult is also a great alternate lead since it's good against most mons that try to punish Samurott. I went with Hydro Pump as my coverage option since it's a great midground option to click infornt of Tusk, because it threatens most of the stuff that want to switch into it's STABs for big neutral damage.
bax.png

Baxcalibur (F) @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 180 SpA / 40 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Icicle Crash
- Freeze-Dry
- Swords Dance

Baxcalibur is my main stall breaker on the team. Freeze Dry lets me lure Dozo for the rest of my team, and with 180 Spa EVs it can 2HKO Phys. Def Dozo, Spdef Dozo is far less problematic for the team, although it can be broken as well by Glaive Rush-ing before it's starts Cursing, and Freeze Dry to finish it off. Icicle Plate boosted Icicle Crashes make it much harder to handle defensively, because of the flinch chance, and in general I can get away with bulffing EQ since in the worst case scenario I'm gonna get a +2 Glaive Rush into a Steel type which is really usefull for Kingambit in the endgame. I went with tera Poison to block toxic, as well as being a better defensive tera than steel in my opinion, since it lets you resist both Fighting amd Fairy.
valiant.png

Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 8 HP / 228 Atk / 20 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Destiny Bond
- Swords Dance

Valiant's role on this team is to trade or break impotant defensive mons on the opponents team, it's incredible speed and high offensive power forces the opponent into their defensive mons which can be weakened for the other sweepers on my team. Destiny Bond lets me trade with impotant defensive mons like Moltres and Zapdos and Dozo which can be annoying to the rest of my team, Destiny Bond can also be used as a last resort against an Iron Defense/Bulk Up mon that got out of control. The Def. EVs allow me to always survive a corviknight's brave bird, in order to get a second SD to secure the OHKO. Tera Water is to make Ash Greninja 6-0 my team less.
sciz.png

Scizor (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Thief
- Swords Dance

Scizor is here mainly as a fairy resist, as it checks Valiant and Enamorus really well. Other than that it can function as a cleaner against more offensive teams and it checks Bax pretty good, since it mainly Teras into Fairy. The speed EVs are to speed creep Adamant Gambit and the rest is put into bulk, I put the 8 Def EVs to optimize Life Orb recoil. Tera Fighting is to check Gambit in a pinch, or wall break with CC if that's necessery.
gambit.png

Kingambit (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Tera Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Gambit lets me win when I'm suppose to lose. I chose tera blast fairy cause my team isn't great in chipping great tusk, and iron head because i wanted a way to punsih stuff that Teras into Fairy. I have Lum on Gambit since I don't use gambit much befor the endgame with this team, so I don't get much value from Lefties. I put max speed on it because Gambit mirrors are pretty common with this team and they're pretty influential on the match.

Anyways here's the pokepaste https://pokepast.es/fb44c81d898b3df6, and thanks in advance.

Yo I was confused as to why you were running freeze dry on your baxcalibur that I mad an account to ask. I understand that you needed water coverage and special moves but was this seriously the best choice???

Yo I was confused as to why you were running freeze dry on your baxcalibur that I mad an account to ask. I understand that you needed water coverage and special moves but was this seriously the best choice???
I think it is, Baxcalibur's movepool on the special side is really shallow, basically only STAB moves, so it comes down to either Freeze-Dry or Draco Meteor, I chose Freeze-Dry because a super effective Freeze-Dry is stronger than a Draco, and both of those moves don't have much use other than for Dozo. Physical Tera Blast Electric is also an option, but I don't like the oppotunity cost of it, and Electric isn't a very good defensive type either. Draco is better against a Dozo that have Terad but I don't like the fact that it can miss.

Baloor

phase, twilight, eyes of wisdom
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Hi just a couple notes.

- Samurott I'd change up the set, a bit to something like this. Honestly, not sure what the evs are about exactly but the bulk can help put up spikes which is the priority of the lead. The moves themselves let Samu be annoying to deal with in situations where you need to click something other than spikes move. Jet is also way more reliable prior on Samu and better overall.
- Dragapult I'd consider some kind of twave hex set. Slowing down opposing teams can be extremely beneficial on HO structures and specs isn't the most reliable thing on HO. Its not 100% needed but something to try.
- Baxcalibur set is super weird to me, I'd just run life orb tera dragon sd max max for stall breaking if thats your goal. gaive/sd/shard/eq
- Valiant is mostly okay, not sure what tera water is doing for you. I'd just run dark here or steel/ghost if you want a better mu vs dragonite (which is something that could be annoying). I'd also use encore > destiny bond to shut down a lot of different things, notably lock garg into recover/id or curse and to lock gambit into dark moves or sd.
- Kingambit I'd use kowtow > Iron Head, I don't consider kowtow a droppable move on gambit at all. I personal like fatter gambit with tera fairy tera blast but thats personal preference. You mentioned you don't like lefties which is what I prefer on gambit rn but you can also try black glasses which helps vs fatter teams.
- Scizor is fine for the most part, I personally use sitrus berry and tera steel but what you have is fine. I'd also consider balloon gholdengo here which can help vs things like eq and keeping spikes up while also checking similar pokemon. I'd probably use a fatter gholdengo spread with tera water if you decide to go that route. This is a simple not optimized set of what I had in mind, you can change it up as you want but this is a fine framework. I'm not saying this is a must swap but just something to think about.

hopefully this helped, sorry for no sexy formatting

Hi just a couple notes.

- Samurott I'd change up the set, a bit to something like this. Honestly, not sure what the evs are about exactly but the bulk can help put up spikes which is the priority of the lead. The moves themselves let Samu be annoying to deal with in situations where you need to click something other than spikes move. Jet is also way more reliable prior on Samu and better overall.
- Dragapult I'd consider some kind of twave hex set. Slowing down opposing teams can be extremely beneficial on HO structures and specs isn't the most reliable thing on HO. Its not 100% needed but something to try.
- Baxcalibur set is super weird to me, I'd just run life orb tera dragon sd max max for stall breaking if thats your goal. gaive/sd/shard/eq
- Valiant is mostly okay, not sure what tera water is doing for you. I'd just run dark here or steel/ghost if you want a better mu vs dragonite (which is something that could be annoying). I'd also use encore > destiny bond to shut down a lot of different things, notably lock garg into recover/id or curse and to lock gambit into dark moves or sd.
- Kingambit I'd use kowtow > Iron Head, I don't consider kowtow a droppable move on gambit at all. I personal like fatter gambit with tera fairy tera blast but thats personal preference. You mentioned you don't like lefties which is what I prefer on gambit rn but you can also try black glasses which helps vs fatter teams.
- Scizor is fine for the most part, I personally use sitrus berry and tera steel but what you have is fine. I'd also consider balloon gholdengo here which can help vs things like eq and keeping spikes up while also checking similar pokemon. I'd probably use a fatter gholdengo spread with tera water if you decide to go that route. This is a simple not optimized set of what I had in mind, you can change it up as you want but this is a fine framework. I'm not saying this is a must swap but just something to think about.

hopefully this helped, sorry for no sexy formatting
Thanks for the advice! I was already on the fence about Kowtow on Gambit and Jet on Samurott so I'm just gonna put those in the team, tho im not gonna use that spread since I've now idea what it does. About Pult, I like the power of Specs to punish stuff like Iron Defense Zama and Garg, but im gonna give the hex set a try. Tera Water on Val is to lose less to Ash Gren, since i don't have a lot for it on this team, but I don't it's that important so I might switch it to Dark. I think running a defensive Tera on it is kinda useless since a lot of the time it's better to Destiny Bond than to Tera, so you can keep it for Gambit at the endgame, also while I played I didn't feel like I needed Encore that much, mostly because I have Pult to punish Iron Defense stuff, but also Destiny Bond is really usefull on it in this team. I see you're point with Bax, but I really like the ability to pressure Dozo and not needing to Tera for it is really good, tho I really feel like I need EQ and Shard so idk. Dengo over Scizor seems valid, but then I have one less SD on the team which kinda contradicts the point lol

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)