SM RU ex chicken wing

teachable

Banned deucer.

Introduction
Heya all, had a lot of success with this team while trying to get reqs for the RU Entei Suspect and feel its worthy of a RMT since it kinda exemplifies what RU Balance is. Anyways I'd rather get more of a description in my building process so...

Teambuilding Process

I built this time a while back, around when Cham was just starting to get popular because Doublade use was dropping. Still, I mostly ladder so I tried to keep Doublade in mind with the building process when I decided on Scarf Cham, since you can cripple a Doublade w/ a Trick while also letting it just 6-0 some balance squads once it can choose moves freely.

Drapion is honestly the best offensive partner for (Scarf) Cham; traps Doublade, knocks lefties/eviolites, chips at stuff or kills it with Pursuit, and that's not even really covering the usual stuff Drapion adds to a team like a grass resist and psychic immunity.

Having a Pursuit user, I added my favorite set in RU to the team: CM Cress. A pursuit user is an incredibly partner with CM Cress, and its better that Drapion even lets you chip at Mega Lix + Trap Bronzong. Once again, not even touching on the obvious defensive qualities Cress brings to my team.

Milotic is undoubtedly the best mon in RU, it just checks too much stuff. Milotic is effectively my status sponge, Gatr/CurseLax/Doublade/More check, and Toise switch in. This mon is seriously amazing down here lol.

I needed hazard removal, since my Cress doesn't have moonlight it'll 100% be getting worn down if I have to use it defensively in a match w/ Rock damage added on. Rotom-Mow fit the team great in my opinion since it gave my team some much needed offense while also providing utility w/ Wisping Steels and such.

My team needs hazard removal, since offense teams commonly have to wear stuff down w/ double switches and whatnot. Additionally, I was somewhat Swellow weak so I wanted to make sure I was using a steel as my Rocker, and M-Lix is one of the better mons in the tier so it fit well here.

The Team

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Psycho Cut
- Ice Punch
- Trick
The mon this team was originally meant to be built for, Scarf Cham is the primary sweeper and not a lot switches into this mon in the tier; it's pretty disgusting. You're usually just spamming HJK, but Psycho Cut is to OHKO Bewear + secondary STAB to avoid HJK misses, Ice Punch is obviously for Gligar but comes in handy for Mandi, and Trick is to give me move-switching-powers against slower teams. I tried LO for a bit with BP over Trick, I feel like Medi's main drawback in RU is its speed so it kinda didn't provide much for it that it wasn't doing before (destroying balance).

Drapion @ Choice Band

Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Aqua Tail
Drapion is usually the MVP of a game, even in ones without Psychic/Ghost types. Pursuit utility or Knocking Lefties is just great with wearing stuff down for a Cham or Cress sweep. Seriously, I've even won games with the extra 20% chip I get while Pursuit'ing a Florges. It's really good. Nothing to go into set wise, this is an incredibly standard Drapion other than Aqua Tail which I used over EQ to OHKO Rhyperior.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Substitute
Sub CM Cress is honestly the most underrated set in RU. Not a lot of teams are ready for this monster, most people expect Regi to be enough for Cress but w/ Regi's lefties knocked it can straight up lose to your 101HP Subs. It sets up on a lot of balance mons like Porygon + Chessnaught and just provides great defensive utility to the team while doing so. It's great. Psychic/Moonblast gives me perfect coverage, albeit nothing to hit Steels with but thats what the entirety of my team is for.

Rotom-Mow @ Grassium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
Even though I added Rotom as a defogger, its honestly a lot more to this team; its an incredble offensive support pokemon. W/ Grassium, it can nuke anything in front of it, Wisp lets me weaken stuff for Cress/Cham, and the usual Volt Switch & Defog stuff. I'm running 248 Spe specifically to lose the speed tie against opposing Rotoms while remaining speedy. Since I don't gain anything by winning a speed tie against any Rotom forme in RU, I'd rather learn they're defensive/modest variants. s/o roman

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Refresh
Best pokemon in RU by far, Milotic is my status sponge since nothing on this team enjoys any sort of status. It's my blanket physical attacker check + I refuse to build a team that is this weak to Gatr w/o Milotic on it (and actually, I'm all around just water weak lol).

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
One of the faces of RU Balance, Lix is primarily here for Rocks. Having a ground type isn't too relevant in RU, we don't have too many great Electric types but it is a nice bonus and is why I opted for this over Regi. Toxic over Curse means I lose to Gligar, but I'll be doing great against any team using Gligar since they're typically BO or Stall builds using it these days so I wanted a way to punish Milotic coming in. Typical STAB stuff, for Regi/Diancie/whatever.

Threat List

My team has no switch ins to this, and its apparent at team preview so I have to play carefully around this mon. Cress sets up on it for free if its at -2 though, so it's not too big of an issue.

Grassium Virizion isn't too bad because of Drapion, but if its Fightium & I guess wrong with the Z move I'm stuck with sacing like 2 mons to get it down.
Replays
blank

Shoutouts
s/o to all the people in the RU Discord + showdown chat for dealing with my shit teams.

o>-<o (Drapion) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Aqua Tail
hiya (Medicham) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Psycho Cut
- Ice Punch
- Trick

>:) (Rotom-Mow) @ Grassium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

o_o (Steelix-Mega) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

teachable (Milotic) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Refresh

yes gay (Cresselia) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Substitute

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)