ORAS PU Energy (CB Golem Balance) 100th Post

ENERGY
Welcome to my ORAS PU RMT, Energy. I've been hanging around in the PU community for little over a year and decided that for my one-hundredth post I would post a team that I've found to be very fun to use. It's based around a mon that has seen some hype in the current meta-game, CB Golem. Although the team hasn't done anything special to me since I'm a terrible battler, lol, it's just something that I feel was good enough that showcases CB Golem. It doesn't have a peak on the ladder since I have zero patience for the PU ladder in general, lol.

BUILDING PROCESS
The basic idea of the team was to build a squad that used CB Golem and some sort of sweeper or fast mon to clean after CB Golem broke teams in half. While also checking a lot of the meta-game. The team was basically inspired by False. and his CB Golem which he used to get far and win either PU Open/SSNL I forget. Also, you can't really build a squad around CB golem as it's just something you add on to a team that already has a rocker, but needs a wallbreaker/electric check/normal check. So i decided that I would build around that concept.

Clefairy+Vullaby is a solid core that checks/counters a solid chunk of the meta-game and providing a lot of role compression for a team.

Leafeon was added as the cleaner which liked the holes that in teams that golem would create. Also checking other Golems and water-types for the core.

The team was pretty weak to fire types such as Simisear/Monferno/Rapidash so bulky Grumpig was added whilst it also checking ice types such as Rotom-Frost and Lapras.

Zebstrika is the fast revenge killer which would clean late game or provide us another electric or grass immunity and revenge water type which the team struggled to deal with.

Here is where Golem glued the team together providing an electric/normal/bulky wallbreaker for the team.

THE TEAM

Golem @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def
Moves: Stone Edge/ Sucker Punch/ Earthquake/ Explosion

Overview: Golem was chosen as the teams wallbreaker and is what the team is sorta based upon. It usually comes in on revenge kills versus slower stuff like Clefairy/Stunfisk/Vullaby to dent something on the team or get a kill. It can also come in versus stuff such as Dodrio locked into Frustration/Brave Bird, Stoutlands Returns, or threaten electric types such as Zebstrika or Raichu. The moves are pretty self-explanatory Earthquake/Stone Edge for stab, Sucker Punch for Priority, and Explosion to just kill something that doesn't resist :P.

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Spd/ 4 Def
Moves: Seismic Toss/ Stealth Rock/ Soft-Boiled/ Thunder Wave

Overview: Clefairy was added as the rocker which didn't stack weaknesses with Golem and also checked Special Cacturne. While also forming a solid core with Vullaby and providing neat role compression as well. Seismic Toss is solid for breaking subs by things such as SubSplit/Wisp Rotom-F which can be a huge pain for the team and just dealing more consistent damage in general. Thunder Wave is amazing for CB Golem to outspeed a few extra threats. Stealth Rock pressure switches and soft boiled is just reliable recovery in general.

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP/ 252 Def/ 8 Spdef
Moves: Foul Play/ U-Turn/ Roost/ Defog

Overview: Vullaby was added to be the teams defogger and also forming a core with clefairy. It also checks common threats such as Leafeon, Monferno, SD Cacturne, etc;. Foul Play is very nice to check physical set up mons like Arbok and Monferno. U-Turn provides momentum and switches back into Golem which is always very nice. Roost is reliable recovery and defog keeps pressure away from rocks and spikes.

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Ability: Leaf Guard
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/ 4 Def
Moves: Leaf Blade/ Knock Off/ Swords Dance/ Aerial Ace

Overview: Leafeon is the teams designated sweeper which cleans late game. While also providing for a solid water and ground check. Leaf Blade is standard stab. Knock Off helps to cripple stuff like Quilladin and Roselia and removing items is amazing in general to be honest. Aerial Ace at +2 has a chance to OHKO Monferno after a Knock off as well and deals some solid damage to bulky grasses at +2.

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Modest
EV's: 160 HP/ 252 Spatk/ 96 Spe
Moves: Psychic/ Focus Blast/ Shadow Ball/ Thunder Wave

Overview: Grumpig was chosen to be the teams ice check(mainly rotom-f as it's a huge pain as well as Regice) and can also beat Pawniard with it's colbur berry and 96 speed just outspeeds it by 1 point. Psychic is strong reliable stab, Focus Blast helps vs Steels such as Pawniard, Probo, Klang. Shadow Ball is for pesky things like Misdreavus and Metang. Thunder Wave supports Golem and Leafeon even farther.

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper/Lighting Rod
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def
Moves: Thunderbolt/ Volt Switch/ Hp Ice/ Overheat

Overview: Zebstrika was added as the team lacked some speed and a better revenge killer towards water or anything in general. Sap Sipper can be chosen to maybe surprise something like Jumpluff or maybe a Scarf Leafeon, although I usually prefer Lighting Rod to get the Spatk boosts. Thunderbolt is strong stab, Volt-Switch is amazing to get Golem in or just pivot into things in general. HP Ice is chip damage versus stuff like Jumpluff, Altaria, Stunfisk, and Golem. Overheat is for grasses or even ice types like Regice and Quilladin.

CONCLUSION:
The team does a very good job(in my opinion) at showcasing a set that has seen some hype in the meta while also showing off that PU is a more balanced metagame. I've kinda ran out of what to day here so uh....here are some S/O's(im also pretty tired).

SHOUTOUTS:
PU Guys: EnemyJurist Akir lockjaw Terrakion. Dibs The Dreamer 5gen
Slowbroth MaroGod @TheJungleFox pancake cryalot Lord Sample Team ManOfMany (RIP) PokemonmasterTj (stop being a baby <3)
You guys are all the best thanks for dealing with me when im aggresive and acting dumb ily all. (im positive im forgetting people since im tired if you think i forgot you ily)

FU Guys: Charles A. Theist Solar Flare Funbot28 Machoker Acast (sorry) you guys are kinda cool I guess. Ban Licky and you can be even cooler(ily).

Golem @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Explosion

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

100th Post Yay!

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, nice team

It looks like a classic Golem + Clefairy + Vullaby, with a solid offensive backbone to help the rest of the team. However, it does have some weaknesses, notably some priority users like SD Pawniard and SD Monferno, and some speed boosters like RP Relicanth can also be annoying. Running Choice Scarf Mr Mime over Zebstrika could help with the former two issues, as having something faster to take a bosoted Mach Punch is crucial given your Vullaby doesn't have Brave Bird. Mime lets you revenge kill the most relevant speed boosters as well, along with nicher ones such as Gorebyss that can be a huge pain. Healing Wish is also very nice with Yache Leafeon to allow it to clean after wallbreaking.

Next, I think running Rapidash over Grumpig would go well with the previous suggestion, as Rapidash can provide a secondary revenge killer which wont get locked into anything, while also no longer doubling up on Psychic-type, helping you vs Pursuit, and importantly it provides Will-o-Wisp support for Pokemon such as Pawniard along with others than can be a pain like Murkrow. Rapidash still helps Clefairy check Ice- and Fire-checks, while also providing you with another Grass check now that you no longer have Sap Sipper Zebstrika.

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Rapidash @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Hope I helped!

Hi, nice team

It looks like a classic Golem + Clefairy + Vullaby, with a solid offensive backbone to help the rest of the team. However, it does have some weaknesses, notably some priority users like SD Pawniard and SD Monferno, and some speed boosters like RP Relicanth can also be annoying. Running Choice Scarf Mr Mime over Zebstrika could help with the former two issues, as having something faster to take a bosoted Mach Punch is crucial given your Vullaby doesn't have Brave Bird. Mime lets you revenge kill the most relevant speed boosters as well, along with nicher ones such as Gorebyss that can be a huge pain. Healing Wish is also very nice with Yache Leafeon to allow it to clean after wallbreaking.

Next, I think running Rapidash over Grumpig would go well with the previous suggestion, as Rapidash can provide a secondary revenge killer which wont get locked into anything, while also no longer doubling up on Psychic-type, helping you vs Pursuit, and importantly it provides Will-o-Wisp support for Pokemon such as Pawniard along with others than can be a pain like Murkrow. Rapidash still helps Clefairy check Ice- and Fire-checks, while also providing you with another Grass check now that you no longer have Sap Sipper Zebstrika.

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Rapidash @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Hope I helped!
Thanks for the suggestion I'll definetly test them out with the team I'll edit this post later when im done testing :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)