Rejected - Inactive /ds resists type -> /ds resist type

Its counterpart is /ds weak type, not /ds weak to type, and pretty much no other command is written in standard speaking grammar. At least twice now I have fumbled around in commands trying to remember what the syntax for resists is (resist type, type resist, resist=type) only to check the command list and realize "oh, I'm just not adding an S"

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I can add it as an alias but I'm not going to outright remove "resists". Additionally, the counterpart argument is somewhat moot since weak was added after resists, so if anything the discussion should be changing "weak" to "weak to". I'm also not fond of the argument for being proper grammar being used because it's a command and literally who cares.

I'm also not fond of the argument for being proper grammar being used because it's a command and literally who cares.
Exactly. It is currently proper grammar (you'd say that "Ferrothorn resists Water" not "Ferrothorn resist Water" though now that I think about it Pokemon are the same singular and plural so both actually make sense) but it has no reason to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)