Dragons SMASH

Very simply this is my newest team I have made for B/W OU so far had reasonable success testing it but there are things on this team I'm not totally sure on therefore decided to post it here and hope to get some help The team is in the order you see it at the start of a battle.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 116 Atk / 216 SAtk / 176 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break
- Roost

Salamance the last pokemon to be made uber in gen IV and now back down in OU this gen. Mix Menace is still a brutal force to deal with and I don’t see him used that much these days and he just punches massive holes in the opponents team or cleans up late game after the rest of my team has worn down the opponent with spike stacking and forcing switches. Decided to use the Classic mixmenace

Mienshao (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Hi Jump Kick
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I love this pokemon I have found it to be amazing so far in the current meta its hit and run ability in fake out and U-turn are so good and HJK with the boost it got this gen is amazing along with its ability to hit Gliscor which is now everywhere thanks to its poison heal ability with a HP ice after taking SR damage or a HJK is almost a guaranteed OHKO. Regenerator is a amazing ability even on something as frail as Mienshao as I negates the LO recoil as well as entry hazards and sandstorm the EV's are fairly self explanatory and the nature is so I don’t make my HP ice weaker and keeping speed at max.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch

Dragonite's new ability in multiscale is amazing he can tank hits he should never be able to normally I Decided to use him after being swept by him on regular occasions and went with the bulky DD set as its the best set for this team as he is the late game sweeper he is there to get in a DD or 2 and just kill everything in sight I decided on lum berry over leftovers due to one of the few ways to deal with him is to para or toxic to cut his sweep short or make him easily revenged but this means against sandstorm teams multiscale is pointless as he will never have 100% of his hp Roost is there to heal back up DD for boosting and dragon claw and Fire punch are there for coverage on anything not named Heatran and even so after a few DD Heatran will be getting 2HKO by dragon claw.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 32 SAtk / 220 SDef / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latias often overlooked due to her brother the offercive powerhouse of Latios but the defencive capabilitys of this girl amazing i decided to make her as specialy bulky but at the same time have some attacking ability hence the nature and small EV investment the moveset was fairly simple reflect was there to support the team and to boost her defence to a respectable level making it possible for her to take hits on the physical side with no investment recover is for well recovering hp makeing her harder to take down dragon pulse for STAB and HP fire as Scizor and Ferrothorn are a pain.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Heatran natural bulk along with reasonable speed and massive Satk stat and ability to set up rocks earns him a spot on my team. Fire blast and earth power are both there for coverage moves to hit everything hard and HP grass was chosen due to amount of gastrodon and quagsire that have been appearing and switch into me thinking it will be safe to then get ko'ed.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

The final member of my team and seen on every team these days but with good reason his ability to come in and spike stack is second to none leach seed is there to force switches and get more healing as outside of leftovers this is his only method, power whip and gyro ball where chosen as his 2 attacks due to a good damage output on both of them as they gain STAB boost as are fairly well powers moves the EV's are simple max physical walling ability and lowing speed even more to power up gyro ball.

Thanks for reading any adivce would be taking on and tested to see if it fits the team and my play style.

Threat lists (will update at another time)

Aerodactyl -
Breloom -
Conkeldurr -
Darmanitan -
Deoxys-S -

Dragonite -
Empoleon -
Espeon -
Excadrill -
Gengar -
Gyarados -
Haxorus -
Heatran -
Heracross -
Hydreigon -
Infernape -
Jirachi -
Jolteon -
Kingdra -
Kyurem -
Landorus -
Latios -
Lilligant -
Lucario -
Machamp -
Magnezone -
Mamoswine -
Metagross -
Mienshao -
Reuniclus -
Roserade -
Salamence -
Sawsbuck -
Scizor -
Scrafty-
Shaymin -
Sigilyph -

Smeargle -
Starmie -
Terakion -
Thundurus -
Tornadus -
Tyranitar -
Venusaur -
Victini -
Virizion -
Volcarona -
Weavile -
Zoroark -

Blissey -
Bronzong -
Celebi -
Chansey -
Deoxys-D -
Dusclops -
Ferrothorn -
Forretress -
Gliscor -
Hippowdon -
Jellicent -
Latias -
Murkrow -
Ninetales -
Politoed -
Porygon2 -
Rotom-W -
Skarmory -
Snorlax -
Suicune -
Swampert -
Tentacruel -
Vaporeon -
Whimsicott -
Xatu -
Zapdos -

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sand will absolutely shred your team to bits. I suggest using Bronzong over Heatran. You keep the Stealth Rocks, while being able to check every member of sand except Tyranitar. You don't really need Heatran that much since your dragons do fine for checking sun, and Bronzong will replace Heatran as your backup dragon check.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Levitate
Sassy
252 Hp/ 84 Atk/ 80 Def/ 92 SpD/ 2 Speed IVs
Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball
Earthquake
HP Ice

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Levitate
Sassy
252 Hp/ 84 Atk/ 80 Def/ 92 SpD/ 2 Speed IVs
Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball
Earthquake
HP Ice
I will give this a test in the next day or two and see how it plays i have conciderd a bronzong insted of tra as i could do with the defencive presence

For Mixmence, I would suggest a spread of 116atk/216Satk/178spd.
What kills does this spread mean i get rather then the one i have due to the physical nature of this meta id rather go max attack to punch holes in the physical walls so dragonite can have a easier time sweeping

What kills does this spread mean i get rather then the one i have due to the physical nature of this meta id rather go max attack to punch holes in the physical walls so dragonite can have a easier time sweeping
lol. use that spread on mence with rash nature and roost and see how it goes for you, then you'll know. also, the metagame isn't physically based anymore. you're obviously thinking of fourth gen, because the current set worked back then

lol. use that spread on mence with rash nature and roost and see how it goes for you, then you'll know. also, the metagame isn't physically based anymore. you're obviously thinking of fourth gen, because the current set worked back then
The physical walls i need to get past that are commonly seen are gliscor who is OHKO by draco skarmory/Bronzong who neither want to take a fire blast to the face and jarachi who either dies to EQ or FB depending on if its Sdef or jsut Def.

Drco Meteor is absolutaly crushing with that spread, and Roost lets him live longer. You still outspeed +natured Base 90s and will have the bult to withstand a hit of two from faster attackers thanks to intimidate and decent 95/80/80 deffenses.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If running the spread fatsnorlax is talking about, Brick Break should be used over EQ to retain perfect coverage (Air Balloon Heatran) and keep a method for 2HKOing Blissey.

Hi there, interesting team. At first glance you have a massive weakness to Dragon Dance Dragonite, who can rip apart your team with Outrage, Fire Punch, and Waterfall hitting everything on your team at the very least neutrally. The closest thing you have to a check, Ferrothorn, is easily taken care of with Fire Punch while Heatran eats a Waterfall. Everything else on your team eats an Outrage. Sand is also a major threat to your team, seeing as Excadrill with X-Scissor takes out everything on your team except, again, Ferrothorn. If it goes down a bit early you're pretty much hosed against sand.

Now, this would take a bit of fixing. You can kill two birds with one stone by using physically defensive Hippowdon. Hippowdon easily tanks a +1 Outrage, and isn't 2HKOed by a +1 Waterfall, while at the same time it sets down Stealth Rock, breaking Dragonite's Multiscale. Hippowdon's sandstorm also stops it but that doesn't take effect until Dragonite has made a move the next turn, so that's irrelevant. Hippowdon's spread should be 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 SpD with and Impish nature, holding Leftovers, and with a moveset of Earthquake | Ice Fang | Slack Off | Stealth Rock. Most of your team doesn't mind sand a single bit besides Salamence, who can rack up Life Orb and sand damage very quickly, so I would probably put Roost somewhere on Salamence to really help its longevity in the long run. With Hippowdon packing Stealth Rock this allows Heatran to pack another attacking move, which can be your choice of Dragon Pulse or Earth Power. Hope this rate helped, and good luck.

The physical walls i need to get past that are commonly seen are gliscor who is OHKO by draco skarmory/Bronzong who neither want to take a fire blast to the face and jarachi who either dies to EQ or FB depending on if its Sdef or jsut Def.
they are both 2hkod by this current spread, and blissey still isn't OHKOd by it. Use this spread, because it just isn't worth using with your current one. How could you come up with something so unusable? use this one or dont use mixmence:

Salamence @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 116 Atk / 216 SAtk / 176 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break
- Roost / Outrage

dont even try to argue, because these are the EVs needed to OHKO Bronzong and Gliscor, because it just can't do it uninvested, and DM won't 2HKO with your current one because of the drop. use this or use Latios

any set of Chandelure has a really good advantage over your entire team if it has HP ice, calmminders could set up on both meinshao and ferrothorn at least once and heatran and his earthpower would be to slow if the chandelure is max speed. and if it has flash fire. A good prediction could turn a fire blast mix mence into a disaster. Still, I think your team is creative and cool.

any set of Chandelure has a really good advantage over your entire team if it has HP ice, calmminders could set up on both meinshao and ferrothorn at least once and heatran and his earthpower would be to slow if the chandelure is max speed. and if it has flash fire. A good prediction could turn a fire blast mix mence into a disaster. Still, I think your team is creative and cool.

I have only faced one chandelure so far on smogon and with SR spikes it really dosnt last that long and only really hurt my team as i made a foolish switch otherwise i found it real manageable.

Im still testing bronzong over heatran both are very good in there own way its jsut i find the damage from bronzong isnt quite as much as i would like it too be which is why i chose tran in the 1st place but it has done a great job in making sand more managable i wouldnt mind hearing people thoughts on which i should keep or even different sets or even different pokemon all togeather

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)