Dragonite or Salamence?

Who is the better Choice Specs user: Dragonite or Salamence?

• Dragonite

Votes: 35 46.7%
  • Salamence

Votes: 40 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@lordkira:
1) lol u mad?
2) I already did stop. I said in two consecutive posts that it was pointless.
3) you say that the Chomp thing is pointless. Then you talk about how Mence did in Gen4. rofl, hypocrisy

edit: More hypocrisy, "this isn't a druddigon thread!!!11" lulz

@Oli:
Imma take the Chamberlain approach... I'm sure you get the reference
Let's not fight.
Lol wtf no I'm not mad
I'm just annoyed about you two arguing
And I only mentioned gen 4 to tell olijolly that mixmence being a mixed sweeper is thing of the past
And druddigon yeah I just got sad everyone talking about every other dragon but this guy and he rocks in tr teams xD

Stratos

Banned deucer.
you three are going in a circlejerk of one person saying STFU and then commenting, the next responding to the comment and then saying STFU, and the third doing a little of both, then starting over again. shut the hell up, you three.

Lol wtf no I'm not mad
I'm just annoyed about you two arguing
And I only mentioned gen 4 to tell olijolly that mixmence being a mixed sweeper is thing of the past
And druddigon yeah I just got sad everyone talking about every other dragon but this guy and he rocks in tr teams xD
YeH mixed mence thug I was wrong should've known gen 4=\=5
Druddigon is a lol dragon but that may be because I don't like tr
And looool I think slim was right you seemed pretty mad or at least way too annoyed looooooooool
As for nite vs mence anyOne know if wish and dd are compatible together

Edit I'm going to go camping now.
I might be able to get some net signal but if not adios
No hard feelings bros

@lordkira: This thread is basically Nite vs Mence. The age-old, obnoxious battle. I don't think it's possible to avoid arguing here. However, I know what you mean.

I guess that I might as well join in with the comparisons between the two, as much as I abhor it.

MixNite is, IMO, better than MixMence for the same reason as CB. ExtremeSpeed. The ability to finish off something you just smashed is simply awesome. However, Nite lacks as much power as Mence, and Speed, so against anything immune to/resisting ES you'd prolly want Mence.

How does Mence learn Wish at all? It's not an egg move, or a tutor move, or a level-up move, or a tm/hm move, or an XD move.

@ Pwnemon: You're late to the party. Your post would've been fitting, like, an hour ago. lol

edit: given what this thread is turning into, couldn't it just go into the respective Nite and Mence discussion threads?

@lordkira: This thread is basically Nite vs Mence. The age-old, obnoxious battle. I don't think it's possible to avoid arguing here. However, I know what you mean.

@Pwnemon: You're late to the party. Your post would have been fitting, like, half an hour ago.

I guess that I might as well join in with the comparisons between the two, as much as I abhor it.

MixNite is, IMO, better than MixMence for the same reason as CB. ExtremeSpeed. The ability to finish off something you just smashed is simply awesome. However, Nite lacks as much power as Mence, and Speed, so against anything immune to/resisting ES you'd prolly want Mence.
I actually prefer mixmence primarily because it is able to blast off stronger Draco meteor and it's faster than dragonite. However, I agree with you that having extremespeed is extremely helpful.

I am not too sure but I think wishmence was like a special event that took place in ny. I am not 100% sure though >.<

@NLI: wut

^^^
In that case, it is illegal with DD, because DD is an egg move. Not that Mence wouldnuse both on the same set anyway.

SpecsNite is interesting, but it's pretty dependent on the rain, which is why Mence is better at it. SpecsMence, on the other hand, works in any weather and is awesome. Someone on page 1 said this too, but all you really need it Draco Meteor/Fire Blast/Hydro Pump/filler (I like Outrage, but Dragon Pulse could work). Latios doesn't out-class it, because your HPump is stronger than its Surf, and your FBlast is stronger than its HP Fire, and it can't be mixed.

yeah, ill get rid o moxie in the mentions. i just like using it cos it gets a bit of extra power and doesn't have lock. Yeah, CB Haxorus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dnite+mence. Extremespeed might outspeed things that could revenge it for offencive dd, but landorus (who revenges both of them) isnt gonna go down too easily. same with mamo or rotom-w (who -with a scarf- revenges a slightly weakened dnite), they aint goin down easy.
The offencive dd sets have different merits, but the only reason dnite is even close to outclassing mence on this set is because of multiscale, so LO is counterproductive on this set, so mence has more power. Also, just stick to the Mence vs Dnite discussions, that is what this thread is about

actually moxie is pretty interesting on mixed mence or would be.
lose of roost and outrage is freaking annoying but it may help with the stat decrease from draco meteor. though...i will admit that is situational and in this meta, having lots of bulk (hence intimidate being quite awesome) is crucial.

as for the specsmence vs. specsnite, yeah, for having more power i am going to go with specsmence >nite. though...under rain, specsnite's hurricane freaking hurts.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Mence is really underrated this gen. I have been tearing teams apart with the classic Mixmence set, which imo outclasses Dragonite's mixed set just as much as it did last gen. Intimidate gives it a very nice cushion to switch into fighting type attacks, which unlike multiscale, does not get ruined by stealth rock and sandstorm. On top of that, Salamence has higher special attack and speed.

Anyway, both Dragonite and Salamence suck as specs users. They are weak to Stealth Rock, and like switching between physical and special attacks to keep things from pursuiting/setting up (like Tyranitar). If you want to use a specs dragon, just use Latios, who has higher special attack as well as access to Trick.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Mence is better at hit-and-running. I mean, a LOT better. Intimidate has extremely high payoff when you switch in and out often, while Mence's base 100 speed actually outspeeds stuff not named Skarmory, Breloom and Snorlax. Dragonite is better at set-upping though.

It's pretty simple: for a defensive set use d nite, for an offensive set use mence. I have had a lot more success with mence this gen.

Well, dragonite's uniqueness as an offensive threat gives it a niche over offensive salamence. However, salamence can't boast anything against dragonite on the defensive. For me, dragonite's versatility gives it an edge over mence this gen.

Mence is really underrated this gen. I have been tearing teams apart with the classic Mixmence set, which imo outclasses Dragonite's mixed set just as much as it did last gen. Intimidate gives it a very nice cushion to switch into fighting type attacks, which unlike multiscale, does not get ruined by stealth rock and sandstorm. On top of that, Salamence has higher special attack and speed.
Same here, I was using DM, Fire Blast, EQ, Roost
Doesn't even need Outrage most of the time anyway, and it just wreck shits, not even spD Jirachi is safe against a LO boosted Fire Blast <-<, roost just keep Mence alive as most people relies on sr, lo recoil and sandstorm to kill Mence, but what happens when Mence can cure itself?, you can just say good bye to half your team

Anyway I think that Mence is a better Specs user, because of the better speed and spA, but if you want a specs dragon use Hydreigon or Latios (I prefer Hydreigon for choice sets, It can destroy Ferrothorn and Tyranitar without relying on hidden power, and can also use U-Turn)

yeah, but this isnt about hydreigon or latios. after this poll is done, ill add in one asking whether roostmixmence is better than roostmixnite

Specsmence > Specsnite, obviously, no question asked. Mence has the better Special Attack.

Both get an epic move in rain(Mence has Hydro Pump, Nite has Hurricane), but honestly I think Salamence is much better than Dragonite at Specs. Dragonite's best form of action is to combine Roost with Multiscale to get multiple DD boosts before sweeping(it can be a bitch to take down once it gets 1 DD in since a lot of things are now outsped and Dragonite can Roost back to full HP).

What is the point in asking which crap sets like Spec or Mix Roost is better on which? I can't for a minute think why you would ever want to use a Specs Nite or Mence.

Mix Roost sounds like the biggest gimmick ever when you could DD and Roost for a guaranteed win. There is no need to run Mix sets whatsoever when Dragonite can just DD up to +6 on all but a select few Pokemon.

The difference between Mence and Nite is not DD or bulky or mixed. It's:

instant power = Salamence (and outclassed by other Pokemon)
everything else = Dragonite

In this gen Dragonite is better than Mence in almost everything, but maybe Mence is better at hit-and-run.

I like how every dragon have its own niche now (even more than the past gen, for example Latios can beat Conkel while Hydre can not)

Latios: I'm a hit-and-run special dragon and can set up with cm :D
Latias: I can support the team and be a godly calm mind sweeper who is not stopped by Blissey :U
Hydreigon: I'm a hit-and-run special dragon who can actually beat Tyranitar and Ferrothorn, without relying on shitty hidden power types :D
Salamence: I'm a godly wall breaker and a good offensive dd dragon :D
Haxorus: I can do that too >:I
Mence: Without being walled by steel types at all :D
Haxo: >:I
Dragonite: I'm a godly and annoying bulky dd'er and para-shuffle dragon :D
Kingdra: I'm a godly weather Dragon, and the original chesto rest pokemon bitch :D
Garchomp: Uber bitches :D
Flygon: I'm <-< >->, good in UU
Altaria: I can support my team with heal bell, and sweep with Cotton Guard + DD if you let me set up 8 turns and kill every steel type in the other team u_u
Druddigon: I'm Druddigon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)