DPP UU Bulky Attacking Team

Oh yeah, this is actually coming from a total noob shit, so this team may be weak to a list of things that can come up in games. But anyway, here it goes:

Omastar @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Moves:
~ Stealth Rock
~ Spikes
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam

This is my new lead. With access to SR and Spikes, good special attack stat and respectable physical bulk, which is the theme of my team, it gained my trust. Also, it switches into water types much easier than Steelix (lol).

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Moves:
~ Air Slash
~ Fire Blast
~ Roost
~ Hidden Power Grass

The reason that I use Lefties over LO is because of entry hazards and that infamous theme that my team has. LO turned too many 2HKOs into OHKOs, but so do stacked entry hazards. This means, I no longer need to have a LO recoiling me down. Moltres can switch into grass anti-leads such as venusaur and torterra with double grass resistance so that they won't scare my omastar away. By switching into a stab seed bomb or leaf storm, I can guarantee you that Moltres will have his HP reduced more than lefties can recover. But in return, you can ohko them if they don't switch (if they overpredict and think you'll instapredict a switch and switch back to omastar yourself) or switch back to omastar while being against a possible rhyperior and have an opportunity to ohko or set up. Also, moltres is among the best sweepers with entry hazard and spin support, both of which are in my team.

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 176 SpD / 64 Spe
Moves:
~ Dragon Dance
~ Dragon Claw
~ Roost
~ Heal Bell/Safeguard

Set looks self explanatory. Protect team from status effects, stay on the field with roost and lefties support on yourself, set up and smash through things if necessary. But I felt a little bit undecisive on whether i should use heal bell or safeguard. Both have advantages and disadvantages.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 56 SpDef / 28 Atk
Moves:
~ Rapid Spin
~ Foresight
~ Close Combat
~ Rest

Oh, right now I'm pretty much decided on heal bell over safeguard as heal bell can cure rest. Other than that, it's the standard rapid spin hitmontop with some modified EV distribution and rest over sucker punch&stone edge for survivability and close combat for being stab physical if I see a clefable or chansey shitting around.

Venusaur @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Spe / 192 SpAtk / 60 HP
Moves:
~ Giga Drain
~ Synthesis/Leech Seed/Grass Knot
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Sleep Powder

You can say that I count on entry hazards too much and thus give up attacking power so willingly. I do. Thing is that with Seed/Synthesis and Giga Drain, Venusaur probably won't lose HPs anytime soon (unless my dog plays instead of me and stays in against a moltres or articuno). Other than that, it's your standard special attacker Venusaur with slightly modified EVs and Giga Drain over Leaf Storm (I don't want my special attack to drop by 2 stages when I run on a special set) and possibility of Leech Seed or Grass Knot to replace Synthesis (depends on how much I count on Giga Drain and Lefties). Basically, 2HKOs may turn into 22HKOs and 3HKOs can turn into 333HKOs. Applies for both sides ofc.

Drapion @ Leftovers
Ability: Sniper
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Def / 220 Atk / 252 Spe
Moves:
~ Swords Dance
~ Crunch
~ Earthquake
~ Aqua Tail

And my last lefties carrier... Uh, I mean Pokemon, is Drapion. Choice was not that difficult and set is self explanatory. I'm counting on entry hazards and I removed 32 Atk EVs and Life Orb for 32 HP EVs and Lefties. This guy may happen to be my physical sweeper. That I've been somewhat lacking due to Altaria not filling the role quite well and one not being enough. In terms of lefties sweeping, Rhyperior is still better with better physical bulk, especially special tanks like venusaur and moltres being in the building, but I still chose Drapion over him. Reason is, even though Rhyperior has a better general bulk and having a perfect switch-in partner like venusaur, he's still 4x weak to both water and grass. Grass is something that I can take care of with Altaria and Moltres being 2x and 4x resistant respectively, but I want every single pokemon in my team to be good enough to fill the role. Rhyperior just doesn't get the job done without help. I think that's the reason for him to be in UU.

First Changes:

1- Steelix: Has been changed with Omastar. He has more weaknesses and less advantages compared to him. He may be stronger than Omastar against %80 of the uu teams toxic stall, but that's it. Also, I believe I've made necessary changes so that my team won't lose to a toxic stall in good hands.

2- Rhyperior: Has been changed with Drapion so that I won't be swept by a modest specs alakazam. Alakazam outspeeds all of my team with his base 120. He has a good type coverage along with much better speed compared to rhyperior. Also, he's just as bulky.

3- Nidoking: Has been changed with Venusaur. His type coverage doesn't help with many things. I've thought about him the longest because as a physical sweeper, he's also immune to toxic stall and he's as fast as him. But, even with stacked entry hazards, he can't sweep with lefties and life orb will eventually decay him down.

4- Xatu: My U-wisher, which is replaced by Altaria. You may say that Xatu can absorb status just as well if not better and he can always wish-switch and help my team with heals. But, all of these remove any room for lefties sweeping behind spin support.

My experiences so far:
1- I think I'm 2-2 with this team with both loses being against toxic stallers (lol). But I don't think any experienced person will lose to a toxic staller with this team. I didn't realize that I'm playing against a toxic staller, I should have protected Altaria and Drapion but I played recklessly and lost both early. Other than that, I swept a toxic staller with my defensive hitmontop and another toxic staller with Altaria that set up on 3 Dragon Dance.

2- GigaSeed Venusaur rolls. I could easily stay on the field against neutral opponents and swept things that are weak to grass.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Hey mate, fancy UU team you got here.

Now I am not an experienced Rater, but I'll do my best, since I prefer UU more than OU. Steelix is actually pretty interesting, but however, it falls short, in my opinion. Say, for example, you're against a lead Omastar, and they use surf, it's going to do 76.3% - 89.8%, which, I'm not mistaken, only let's you do one move, because it's gonna go down fast. You either have two choices, setting up rocks, or hitting it with Earthquake. Earthquake doesn't OHKO, leaving you vulnerable, and Gyro Ball barely 2HKOs. By mistake you're either thinking to use Earthquake, and boom, waste of a Stealth Rock. In my opinion, may I suggest an Omastar lead? It's quite bulky, and doesn't die that fast. It can set up hazards very nicely too.

Like I said, I'm not that great of a Team Rater, but I try to help.
Hope I helped!

Yeah, you have a good team, but i see one MAJOR flaw. Your hitmontop's ev spread. Instead of running max speed defnese on montop, run max hp, 192 defense, 56 special defense, 28 attack, and a carful natrue. You see, since hitmontop's hp is so bad, running hp is 2.3 times more effective of an investment than defense is. Also, the nature and special defesne evs allow it to live certain hits. As well, the small attack investment lets it get certain ko's after stealth rock.

Trust me on this, i got to 4th on the Team Uber ladder at one point.

Yeah, you have a good team, but i see one MAJOR flaw. Your hitmontop's ev spread.
To be honest, this is not really his team's major flaw at all. Unfortunately, Lobo, you need to work on your massive Water-type weakness, as four Pokemon weak to a single type is a major no-no (especially if the other two don't resist said type). Standard Milotic, for example, can take anything from your team, recover off damage, and destroy a lot of them with Surf. Not even Nidoking can 2HKO it with Thunderbolt, which makes the situation even more grim. I'm sure that other, more experienced players will be able to identify other weaknesses in order to help you improve (I'm short on time right now, so this is it for now).

OK, I decided to make some changes for the team:

1- Steelix kinda... goes away? Omastar definitely looks better in my eyes. Water type weakness man.

2- I am thinking about removing Rhyperior for something better. 4x weakness to water and grass doesn't make me feel comfortable at all. I can switch into either of them with Omastar change made, but having both water AND grass isn't uncommon for UU tier (I met at least 5 of them). I can switch Moltres/Omastar into a predicted grass/water attack and bam, he nooks me with a waterfall/seed bomb. Yes, Rhyperior can force switches to Blaziken-Arcanine-Houndoom but that's it.

As for replacement, I sure don't have gyarados-dragonite in the tier. But Gabite and Altaria got me thinking. Gabite is also weak against both grass and water, also he doesn't have access to dragon dance, which Altaria does. Altaria also has access to heal bell and roost with natural cure support. That being said, Xatu's purpose of feeding team with wishes and absorbing status is kinda... nullified. Also, comparing Altaria and Gabite in terms of bulk is an insult. To Altaria. But, switching Altaria with Rhyperior makes me much weaker to physical attacks, which are not so uncommon in the tier. If I replace Rhyperior with Altaria, I will DEFINITELY replace Xatu with a physical tank.

3- Xatu's replacement with yet another bulky sweeper as I covered that cleric-support. Drapion looked appealing with outstanding physical defense, physical attack, speed and access to swords dance. However, if I really make a bulky attacker set, I will probably get adamant over jolly and attack evs over speed, which will waste 95 speed.

Now: Omastar-Moltres-Hitmontop-Altaria-Drapion-Nidoking are the men. Former 3 take care of the special attacks. I'm not THAT weak to water now, but I still don't have switch-ins to Blastoise-Feraligatr after Omastar goes down. Nidoking right now looks so weak. I think I'll no longer have problems against water type if I replace him with a subseed venusaur.

Final form of the team:

Basically, this team will do the following: Set entry hazards, force switches with variety of threats, sweep late game with superior force.

Omastar @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Moves:
~ Stealth Rock
~ Spikes
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam

This is my new lead. With access to SR and Spikes, good special attack stat and respectable physical bulk, which is the theme of my team, it gained my trust. Also, it switches into water types much easier than Steelix (lol).

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Moves:
~ Air Slash
~ Fire Blast
~ Roost
~ Hidden Power Grass

The reason that I use Lefties over LO is because of entry hazards and that infamous theme that my team has. LO turned too many 2HKOs into OHKOs, but so do stacked entry hazards. This means, I no longer need to have a LO recoiling me down. Moltres can switch into grass anti-leads such as venusaur and torterra with double grass resistance so that they won't scare my omastar away. By switching into a stab seed bomb or leaf storm, I can guarantee you that Moltres will have his HP reduced more than lefties can recover. But in return, you can ohko them if they don't switch (if they overpredict and think you'll instapredict a switch and switch back to omastar yourself) or switch back to omastar while being against a possible rhyperior and have an opportunity to ohko or set up. Also, moltres is among the best sweepers with entry hazard and spin support, both of which are in my team.

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 176 SpD / 64 Spe
Moves:
~ Dragon Dance
~ Dragon Claw
~ Roost
~ Heal Bell/Safeguard

Set looks self explanatory. Protect team from status effects, stay on the field with roost and lefties support on yourself, set up and smash through things if necessary. But I felt a little bit undecisive on whether i should use heal bell or safeguard. Both have advantages and disadvantages.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 56 SpDef / 28 Atk
Moves:
~ Rapid Spin
~ Foresight
~ Close Combat
~ Rest

Oh, right now I'm pretty much decided on heal bell over safeguard as heal bell can cure rest. Other than that, it's the standard rapid spin hitmontop with some modified EV distribution and rest over sucker punch&stone edge for survivability and close combat for being stab physical if I see a clefable or chansey shitting around.

Venusaur @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Spe / 192 SpAtk / 60 HP
Moves:
~ Giga Drain
~ Synthesis/Leech Seed/Grass Knot
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Sleep Powder

You can say that I count on entry hazards too much and thus give up attacking power so willingly. I do. Thing is that with Seed/Synthesis and Giga Drain, Venusaur probably won't lose HPs anytime soon (unless my dog plays instead of me and stays in against a moltres or articuno). Other than that, it's your standard special attacker Venusaur with slightly modified EVs and Giga Drain over Leaf Storm (I don't want my special attack to drop by 2 stages when I run on a special set) and possibility of Leech Seed or Grass Knot to replace Synthesis (depends on how much I count on Giga Drain and Lefties). Basically, 2HKOs may turn into 22HKOs and 3HKOs can turn into 333HKOs. Applies for both sides ofc.

Drapion @ Leftovers
Ability: Sniper
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Def / 220 Atk / 252 Spe
Moves:
~ Swords Dance
~ Crunch
~ Earthquake
~ Aqua Tail

And my last lefties carrier... Uh, I mean Pokemon, is Drapion. Choice was not that difficult and set is self explanatory. I'm counting on entry hazards and I removed 32 Atk EVs and Life Orb for 32 HP EVs and Lefties. This guy may happen to be my physical sweeper. That I've been somewhat lacking due to Altaria not filling the role quite well and one not being enough. In terms of lefties sweeping, Rhyperior is still better with better physical bulk, especially special tanks like venusaur and moltres being in the building, but I still chose Drapion over him. Reason is, even though Rhyperior has a better general bulk and having a perfect switch-in partner like venusaur, he's still 4x weak to both water and grass. Grass is something that I can take care of with Altaria and Moltres being 2x and 4x resistant respectively, but I want every single pokemon in my team to be good enough to fill the role. Rhyperior just doesn't get the job done without help. I think that's the reason for him to be in UU.

Checklist:
Ground? I have 4 switch-ins.
Water? I have 2.
Fire? I have 2.
Grass? I have 3.
Psychic? Drapion is immune and will definitely have a chance to set-up after switching.
Ghost? Drapion.
Ice? Moltres.
Fire? Omastar, Moltres can switch in just fine.
Rock? Srsly... Out of question.
Stallfags? Venusaur can induce status, Hitmontop is just fine, Drapion is good too.
Encore? I just want an encore on spikes plz. Surf or ice beam will do just fine.
Taunt? Surf.
Trick? 3 layers of spikes into switch out.
Haze? Switch into Venusaur probably. Oh, speaking of Haze, should I get my team one and give Leaf Storm back to Venusaur? Also, does the effect stay when switching out? I'm that kind of noob.
Any other treats? I don't know how I can answer a particular treat if I don't know what it is.
Phazers (it was roar or whirlwind type of shit if I remember correctly): After I clear the field with spin, phazers will probably not do much as most of my team will probably outspeed uu's phazers if there are any, which means that I can hit freely with the next pokemon that comes on.

Thanks for help guys, I think I like that.. Gotta go!

In relation to your Nidoking, because you have STAB doesn't mean you should use it. No Poison Jab. Also, Earth is not a type.

@Ruscour oh, you mean the removed Nidoking. I have updated the team with proper additions (I changed everyone except Moltres and Hitmontop). I forgot to update my opening post with the new additions which are in the post before you.

This team looks solid, though you need to play a lot more games than 4 to really find out what is working and what is not.

I've used that altaria a few times before, and though it can be useful, I found it to be lacking as it takes too much from neutral hits and can't really counter those strong fighting types you see in UU, so don't be surprised if you find out you need to replace it after some more testing.

Anyway, you need a spinblocker, especially in UU where the spinners aren't as bulky as in OU. Timid subplot mismagius may not have the bulk you're looking for, but it can sweep given even the slightest of openings, and you need something fast on your team to check/revenge kill pokemon like arcanine and scyther. Mismagius can set up on chansey, and with enough entry hazards, I think LO +2 hp fighting can OHKO registeel. Even though opposing hitmontops can foresight you, if they try to spin in your face you can easily set up a substitute and NP before blasting them away with shadow ball, or if they try to kill you with CC, you can switch to moltres.

As for who to replace, altaria might be the weakest link, but it also provides heal bell, so perhaps drapion could be replaced if you don't feel it's helping that much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)