Electrode@ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature
252Spd/100Atk/158SpAtk
Static

Rain Dance
Thunder
Explosion
Taunt

My lead. Electrode is really fast, so what he does is that he instantly sets down a Rain Dance to help out my team. The Focus Sash stops him from getting killed in a hit, and they can't get two hits in, since my Ludicolo is going to Fake Out the other one. If I survive the first round (more than 1 HP) I'll probably Thunder, which will always hit. If I have only 1 HP left, I'll just Explode and my Ludicolo can use Protect to avoid getting hit. If I think they're going to predict, I'll just use Thunder on their switch in. Taunt is for leads that wanna set up on my two leads. It works on set-up Pokes really well, since they're attacking moves won't be the best, and it'll let me set up and maybe use a few Thunders in too.

Ludicolo@ Leftovers
Modest Nature
252Spd/252SpAtk/6HP
Swift Swim

Surf
Ice Beam
Fake Out
Protect

My other lead. Ludicolo likes to start out with a Fake Out to help protect Electrode, rather like the combo that won the Japanese regionals. However, I use Electrode since it has more speed and can Explode as well. Wise Glasses are to help it sweep. The other moves are great for sweeping. Surf and Ice Beam, typical water moves, are quite adept. Protect stops it from dying to Explosion, and also helps out on Thunder too. Surf serves a double purpose, it heals my Lapras and Vaporeon.

Vaporeon@ Leftovers
Bold Nature
252HP/132SpDef/126Def
Water Absorb

Protect
Toxic
Surf
Aqua Ring

A tank Pokémon. Basically, this is super hard to kill. Leftovers and Aqua Ring keep on healing it, and it can hide behind big 101 Subs. Aqua Ring over Wish since I expect my Vaporeon to be living quite a long time, and I don't want to use Wish, preferring Aqua Ring and Leftovers' combined 1/8 healing. Toxic reinforces the idea of tanking it out and waiting a long time. Surf can heal Lapras.

Kingdra@ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
252Atk/180Spd/76HP
Swift Swim

Dragon Dance
Rain Dance
Waterfall
Outrage

Just a raw power Pokémon. The Double Dancing gives me a huge speed and power boost. Outrage and Waterfall will usually be able to kill almost everything. It's my secondary Rain Dancer. The Waterfall can also heal my Vaporeon if it is running low on power. The Outrage can be cured by the Lum Berry. I don't want any status affects holding me back, and Lum Berry will let me also redo my Outrage.

Dude, have some words, or at least an explanation in it.

Rule 3 states:
"3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it."

I don't know why, but I don't like Lapras in your team.
Why not work with Kingdra?
Kingdra doesn't take much to set up, and Lapras has many ways it can be stopped (ie. Taunt)

The thing I don't like about this team is that it provides little offense; I see your stalling tactic, but truth be told the opponent will probably gang up on either Lapras or Vaporeon, eliminate it, then move onto the next.

So, what can we do hear? Well, let's start with your lead. Now, I know Electrode is extraordinarily fast--faster than Crobat, even--but it just doesn't pack a punch. I mean, it's Explosion barely kills things, if it kills things as all. I, personally, would rather run an Azelf in that spot--not as fast but fast enough, can run the same moveset with more power, and gives you a nice ground immunity.

Ludicolo looks fine, but I would suggest dropping a move for Energy Ball so you can take on opposing Rain Dance teams as they own you pretty bad right now. Since I'm assuming you're really into that Explosion thing, I'd suggest dropping Fake Out given Azelf's insane speed for Energy Ball. Oh, and ditch Wise Glasses for Life Orb; trust me, the increase in power is awesome.

So you got Vaporeon and Lapras now, and as TheRedCom suggested I drop one for Kingdra for some offense. At this moment, I can't say whether it matters which one you get rid of, so...let's say we cut Lapras loose for a sweeper Kingdra, special sweeper set, Surf/Dragon Pulse/Rain Dance/HP Electric with 252 Sp. Atk, 92 HP, and 164 Speed.

As for Vaporeon, change it up a bit and things will good. Keep Surf definitely, but I think Protect would go better over Substitute in this case--well, it usually does in any case. You'll probably want to keep Toxic as your team is walled by Shedinja without it, which leaves for your last slot either Ice Beam or HP Electric; I'd rather go HP Electric in this case.

A rain dance team that does not have Kingdra is a complete and utter failure. That guy is so freaking broken with RD up it's insane. Other than that, it's pretty decent, but you should put RD on Kingdra and bring him out last. Auto weather switch ins (like Tyranitar/Hippo) will ruin your RD sweep otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)