SS OU Double Clef Stall PEAKED #2 2028

When building stall, I have lamented being unable to run orb cm offensive clef to act as a wincon, because spedef clef is so necessary on fat teams. I said that I wish I could run two clefables, and one absolute genius, epsilon_xd, recommended clefairy as a joke. I looked up clefairy and its stats weren't too bad, then I did calcs and I became very interested in trying out clefairy and clefable on the same team.

The Fabled Breaker

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 196 HP / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

This is the teams main breaker and wincon vs opposing stall and balance. This is the preferred offensive clef, because cm is needed to break spdef clefable, and electric coverage is necessary for pex and corv in one slot. Thunder is picked over thunderbolt to ohko pex at +1 which gives you a near guaranteed win, and to para mons that annoy cm clef such as aegislash unaware clef and spedef cm clef. Moonblast is here to provide an accurate strong stab move. This ev spread is used to outspeed corviknight to hit them with the thunder before they can iron head you.

A Fairytale Healer

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled

This is the teams hydreigon and dragapult counter, stealth rocker, status healer, and one part of a duo of specially defensive walls. The ev spread is necessary to counter hydreigon which would otherwise 6-0 the team quite easily, so clefairy can live a +2 flash cannon and kill back with orb damage and a super effective moonblast. A specially defensive fairy is necessary to use with snorlax, or kyurem could try to power through snorlax with draco meteor. Clefairy can switch into any move kyurem can throw out other than modest specs blizzard, but of course if clefairy is your go to switchin it will get frozen and you will lose. Clefairy is here to provide tremendous utility, because few pokemon other than the clef line get such great moves like stealth rocks aromatherapy with recovery, and a tremendous ability such as magic guard.

Toxaflex

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Baneful Bunker
- Recover

An absolute monster in ou, Toxapex holds the team together against cheese. Toxic spikes is utilized on pex to allow the team to swiftly defeat cheese ho, and provide a lot of pressure against teams that rely on seismetoad and breakers affected by tspikes such as kyurem, taunt keldeo, and terrakion. Baneful Bunker with maximum defense investment and black sludge is absolutely necessary to beat dracovish in this meta and poison zeroara. Another good perk of max defense bane is that jolly sash dugtrio will most likely lose 1v1 vs this Toxapex. Dugs weak ass stands NO chance against the real most broken Pokémon in ou known as toxapex.

Lonely is the Knight

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Head
- Defog
- Roost
This is Corviknight set is optimized for the team to beat bisharp and boosting fairies. Maximum defense investment is necessary to adequately counter bisharp which is a huge threat against this team. Iron head is used to beat cm hatt, cm clef, and paralyzed togekiss and lo cm clefable if snorlax is able to paralyze them. This team, like any other fat team, needed a defogger and corviknight is far and away the very best hazard remover.

The Thickest Wall

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Body Slam
- Curse
- Heat Crash
Snorlax is here to be the catch all specially defensive wall. Its severe obesity allows it to be one of the only 2 counters to kyurem in the entire game with shedinja being the other one. Even Draco meteor is easily rested off by the plus sized model himself. Curse is used to actually do damage to clefable and rotom h, and sweep some offensive and balance teams. Heat Crash is used to smash Corviknight, gengar, venusaur, and aegislash all in one. This guy is the teams weapon against specs aegislash, rotom heat, cm orb clef, and venusaur.

Just a Prank

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Encore
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
Shoutout to spheal for showing me the god that is sableye. Greasy sableye is a great way to wreck cheese ho. It spins blocks so tspikes pressure ho very hard. Gaybleye counters kings rock cloyster, drum kommo, bulk up zera, sd balloon aegislash, and dragon dance gyarados by encoring their setup and burning them. It is also switches into zera and forces them out by threatening a willowisp. Sableye also functions as a last resort to encore a mon that would sweep. Sableye can also screw with toge and rotom heat for a while since they do not do much damage without their boosts even to a mon as frail as sableye. Sableye is the teams way of dealing with conk because it can stall conk out until it dies to status.

#1 proof.PNG

np rotom heat, can certainly be played around but walls the breaker lo clef
weird aegislash sets, metronome, sd lo, orb 4 attacks max special attack, are some garbage that I have found to be quite annoying against this team
banded dugtrio, can only take out 1 pokemon but is a problem if its something like pex vs darmanitan sun

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Clefairy: 304-359 (88.3 - 104.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 374-442 (94.9 - 112.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Clefable Thunder vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 304-359 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Snorlax: 214-253 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Thick Fat Snorlax: 76-90 (14.5 - 17.1%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sableye: 165-195 (54.2 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sableye: 165-196 (54.2 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Been trying out Sab on other teams and im finding it to be really nice for stopping all the annoying cheese on the ladder, solid team as well even if i dont like stall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)