ORAS PU Double Absorb

> Double Absorb Team <

Introduction

This is my first RMT on PU, hope you enjoy it.

Teambuilding Process

So after the drop PU recieved many new pokemon and some old back, i decided to build a team focused on a FWG Monferno, Cacturne and Chinchou.

I started with one of the best pokemon in the tier, monferno offers a variety of moves, power, decent typing and high base power moves and even a rare priority in Mach Punch.

Cacturne was the best addition to PU, it has awesome offense power, good typing and a nasty water immunity, it also covers monferno very well checking Ground, Psychic and Water types.

Chinchou completes the FWG core and with his amazing type it can check some premier flying, water, fire and electric types in the tier like swanna, pelipper, floatzel, rapidash, the rotoms, volt absorb also completes the double absorb team.

Pelipper is the best defog actually, his typing grants a immunity to ground types and good stab moves in scald and hurricane.

Mawile has a awesome defensive typing that gaves me a ton of resistances and a second check to flying types since dodrio 6-0 until now.

Rotom was Added to be a revenge killer and a second ground switch.

The Team

Monferno (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Standard Monferno, U-turn is used to pivot and make a volt-turn combo with Rotom.

Cacturne (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast

Cacturne was the main wallbreaker and is not hard to see why, Giga Drain, Dark Pulse are main stabs and Sucker Punch is for revenge and even without much investiment still hits pretty hard, Focus Blast nails defensive Mawile and hits Probopass harder.

Chinchou (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Volt Switch

Rest Talk Chinchou is my slow pivot to cacturne, his great type makes this possible, the specially defensive spread is the standard one.

Pelipper (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 4 SpA / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Hurricane

Standard Pelipper, 96 speed Evs to outspeed 45 base pokemon like golem, i'm using Hurricane instead of U-Turn due its nice chance to confuse and hits grass types and other switches that can take scalds.

Mawile (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Mawile is my main stealth rock setter, her amazing typing let her use SR multiple times, Play Rough and Iron Head are dual Stabs and Knock Off is for removing items specially for mons like roselia and clefairy and some switches.

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Rotom was added to give me a revenge killer, choice scarf rotom can outspace the entire tier / another faster choice scarf users, Trick was choosen to help me cripple a defense mon like audino.

Conclusion

the team is far from be perfect, yes, it has his flaws, the main one is Muk, however you can still play around it, any suggestions will be really appreciated, if you want to test it, here's the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/ZG1iWLVF thanks for your attention.​

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, cool team.

In general you cover a lot with your combined resistances, however the team still has some weaknesses inherent to balance though I think some of them can be improved. The passive nature is pretty notable, as though your Pokemon do have ways to pivot out, their inability to provide offensive pressure can allow openings to wallbreakers to enter and set up or KO somethings. In addition the team relies quite a lot on Cacturne as a wallbreaker, given that it is your only Pokemon with pure strength and that you have no stat boosters.

I think a good way around this is to replace Pelipper with Duosion. Pelipper has a few uses on the team, checking Monferno, which Duosion does, and to Defog, which crucial for the team. Duosion is so much more offensively threatening to both offensive and defensive teams, as it allows you to come back from a losing position as your team can provide decent support for it to possibly sweep. Without Duosion the team is easily stopped by other balanced teams or defensive teams with a solid Cacturne check, as you will find it hard to break. In addition, Duosion also helps your matchup with offense, as it works well with Mawile which can check pretty much every physical threat which can get passed Duosion. Also, Mawile doesn't need Iron Head and should be running Toxic, IMO as Duosion helps cover Muk and Clefairy, and Iron Head doesn't do much whereas Toxic wears down fat stuff, especially annoying Grass and Water types.

Duosion @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam

Mawile
Iron Head ---> Toxic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)