Domination (OU SandStorm RMT)

Hey there guys, welcome back to another RMT of mine. Previously, this team was known as Obliteration, but has since then become remodeled and revamped in order to accommodate the newest threat to the OU metagame, Garchomp! So, without further ado, here is the team.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 148 Def / 252 HP / 108 Spd
Lax Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Protect

Behold everyone, the new way to deal with Garchomp! I was running some damage calcs, and I found that Landorus-T is probably one of the best ways in order to keep Chomp down. With it's good natural bulk, plus intimidate, Chomp isn't going to be able to do much to good ol' Landy, while I do 2HKO with HP Ice. Even Banded Garchomp fails to 2HKO Landorus with Outrage. The ev's are fairly straightforward, except for the speed EV's, those are meant to be able to outspeed standard gliscor, reaching 245 speed, while standard gliscor goes with 244 speed, and it able to 2hko with HP Ice. The reason why I want to outspeed gliscor so badly is because if I'm slower than it, it can just toxic, sub, protect stall me until I die. Lax nature because I'm running a sort of mixed set, and I don't want HP Ice to be weaker than it already is.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

Ah yes, the good ol' boy Chomp has returned to us. I decided to go with the Scarf set because 102 speed is by no means a laughing matter, and with rough skin, it's still able to do damage to things that outspeed it. The moves are fairly simple, just hit hard and hit fast.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 6 SAtk
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

I decided to go with a sp def t-tar set because SandStorm has always been my favorite weather, and since my team lacked any sort of special wall, I decided t-tar would be a fine specimen to use. The set is pretty standard, rocks because it's rocks, crunch for the lati's, SE for Volcarona, and Fire blast for the forretress and Ferrothorn's who think they can come in and set up on me.

Genesect @ Focus Sash
Trait: Download
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 Spd / 192 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Ah yes, my boy Genesect, ever since he was released, you really can't go even 4 matches without seeing him. I'm using focus sash because it helps to beat other Genesect leads 1 on 1, and it also prevents me from getting swept by something if I'm not prepared. Hasty nature so people don't get the sp atk boost from their own download, and the 64 atk ev's are there to maximize u-turns power, and max speed to outspeed haxorus and hydreigon, and to tie with expert belt sects.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball

I was originally using Starmie in this slot, but I realized that starmie wasn't pulling his weight very well, plus I needed something that could help me take care of mamoswine. Well, Forretress provided me with just that, and with the addition of spikes, I could also get up even more entry hazards, and put even more pressure on my opponents. Volt switch is to keep up momentum, along with Lando's and Genesect's u-turns, rapid spin to keep the rocks off incase genesect gets hit and doesn't lose his sash, spikes for more entry hazard damage, and gyro ball as a way to hit lati's and mamoswine.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 40 HP / 244 Spd / 224 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

And finally, we have the member that is able to take care of my huge Venusaur weakness. This was originally the Tank set from smogon, but thanks to a good friend of mine, I was able to tweak the ev's for my liking. 40 hp is there to help survive 1 more LO recoil hit, Draco to hit hard, Psyshock in order to hit Terrakion and Keldeo and 1hko them, and HP Fire is there to help deal with Scizor and Expert Belt Genesect, and then you're probably wondering why I'm running Healing Wish. Let's say Garchomp gets burned because I outraged and they switched in heatran. I can go out to Latias, have it fulfill it's purpose, and then I can healing wish off to Chomp, curing the burn, and having it ready for action again. It's also helpful to help keep Genesect's sash intact, in case it does get hit and doesn't lose it's sash.

Well, that's pretty much the team. I have been playing with this team on Showdown for a while, and on a new alt, in only 10 battles, I was able to reach a ranking of 1916, and with a previous alt, after a few battles (and a few ragequits because stall is annoying), I put the team somewhere in the 1860's range.

How can you get 916 points in 10 battles under an alt? I'm sorry but in 10 matches of winning I collect 6 a game if I'm lucky - 10 matches for me even under an alt going undefeated would put me in the 1300s, definetely not ladder in 10 games. Show me your ranking card and if it is as true as you've said I'll critique your team then but I will not give you an honest reply if you don't supply us with an honest original post.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
First of all, your team is pretty weak to most Rain offensive teams. Tornadus-T can really wreck you easily as your only Flying resist is Tyranitar, which gets wrecked by LO Superpower, meaning that not only you let Tornadus-T sweep you, but you also immediately lose the weather war to it. Since Tornadus-T is one of the most common Rain abusers, this will be very dangerous for your team. This would be a bit less of an issue to your team if Genesect was Scarfed but since it's Sash, it's pretty unreliable to put all your hopes to stop it on an item that disappears whenever the opp lays down Stealth Rock. Concerning Water types spamming boosted Rain Hydro Pumps on your team, Latias is your only Water resist, and is the only Pokemon that is able to take boosted Water moves on your team. Since it does not have recovery, it's pretty easy to wear it down by simply spamming Hydro Pump, considering you only have 12 HP EVs, Latias will take a large amount of damage every times it switches in, so factoring in hazards you will have a hard time against most Rain teams. My first suggestion would be replacing Healing Wish with Recover. While Healing Wish is a great move and all, Latias needs the recovery that Recover provides in order to give you a nice sponge against Water typed attackers. However, that does not give you anything to combat Tornadus-T as Latias is an extremely poor check to it. I think that you should be using Specially Defensive Zapdos instead of Landorus-T. Zapdos gives you a nice insurance against Rain teams as it checks Tornadus-T extremely well, resisting both Superpower and Hurricane and taking them nicely thanks to its great bulk. Rain teams usually have issues handling Zapdos making it a great choice for Sand teams who are looking for something to beat them. I don't think Landorus-T helps your team a lot anyway and Zapdos keeps some crucial resists, which is why I think it should earn a spot on your lineup.

So yeah that's it, here's the set you should use:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Pressure
Calm
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
~Thunderbolt
~Heat Wave
~Hidden Power Ice
~Roost

Good luck!

Hey Jirachi, thanks for the suggestion, and yeah, tornadus-T is a very hard poke for my team to deal with. Usually though, if I can get rid of the rain fast enough, then Tornadus-T doesn't really stand as much of a threat to the team. Landorus is pretty much there because the team really doesn't do well against Chomp. If it's carrying sub, then Chomp can pretty much sweep my entire team, what with latias and chomp outspeeding it. But, I will test out specially defensive Zapdos and see how it does with the team.

How can you get 916 points in 10 battles under an alt? I'm sorry but in 10 matches of winning I collect 6 a game if I'm lucky - 10 matches for me even under an alt going undefeated would put me in the 1300s, definetely not ladder in 10 games. Show me your ranking card and if it is as true as you've said I'll critique your team then but I will not give you an honest reply if you don't supply us with an honest original post.
I agree. I have evidence that in 18 games i only got to the 1700s, so im dou8ting that. However if you how the proof then you can have two long good rates.

Okay, so, I took jirachi's suggestion with Zapdos, and it has been working out pretty great so far. Sure, this team does have a lot of trouble with Tornadus-T, but I think I'm going to be okay with not using Zapdos. Also, I'm currently on another alt, and after 11 games, I'm currently up to the 1900's rating (I can't provide a screenshot because of technical difficulties.) Also, I'm kinda debating whether or not to run roar on T-tar as a way to semi-beat dugtrio. I would probably get rid of Fire Blast, because the main things that it hits, mainly Ferro and Genesect, my other team members handle it just fine. I'm gonna try out Roar on T-tar and see how it does. Any other suggestions people have for the team?

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey there Sork, this is a pretty cool team. Like Jirachi had said, Tornadus-T and Rain Teams seem to be a really big threat, as you only have one Water-Type resist, and it lacks recovery. While your Latias set does hit pretty hard, I think running a Support Latias set would help your team out a lot. It would give your team more overall bulk, and would give you a more reliable Water-Type resist/switch in. Also if you choose to run Thunder Wave, you can catch annoying Pokemon like Genesect/Tornadus-T on the switch and neuter them for the match. While Garchomp is good as a scarfer, I also feel like testing a Scarf Keldeo in its place would help a lot. Keldeo not only gives you another Water-Type resist, its usually recommended to have at least two on a Sand team, it would also give you a lot more speed. Keldeo can serve a failsafe revenger due to its good coverage and the fact that the only common Scarfers who can beat it, or speed tie with it, are beaten by your Landorus-T or Tyranitar. Hope I helped!

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Secret Sword

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)