Do you ever get the urge to look up something from your childhood?

Don't.

I was curious to see what the original cast of the power rangers was doing so I took a quick trip over wikipedia. I soon learned that the actress who portrayed the yellow ranger died in car accident.

Well, that was depressing. What about the land before time? Remember when there was only one film? Turns out the young girl who provided the voice for "Ducky" was brutally murdered by her own father.

I didn't want to look anything else up after those two. My childhood feels tainted now.

Oh I do from time to time, but it's not cartoons or some shit, it's actually photos/ask what I "did" when I was young to my parents, that kind of stuff.

I have the habit of trying to find people from my childhood photos. Stalker-ish, I know. Especially when you see a guy/girl from school photos and you're like: 'I wonder what they're doing now'

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
What? Ducky! Nooo!

I LOVED ducky! She was so cute! She was! Yep yep yep.

Power rangers? Meh.

Speaking of stuff from our childhood, Does anyone remember the TV show count duckula? It was aired on TV a while ago, soo nostalgic.

If you're feelin *shake, shake*
Or you're a little *chatter chatter*
Maybe you've run into Duckula!

If your heart goes *
thump, thump*
And your mind goes *mwelelelaah!*
Man you've had a brush with Duckula!

Count Duckula!

.....I'm going to sound really stupid to those who don't know wtf I'm talking about, hahaha.

sooo................

i guess this means i have a chance to have sex with the yellow ranger?

Hijacking this thread into a ruining your childhood thread.

Dragonball Z was originally intended to be a comedy. Most of the characters names were of vegetables or other ridiculous things. Goku's last name, Kakarott, meant carrot. Vegeta meant vegetable. Raditz meant radish.

Be warned, the list will completely kill any level of seriousness that the show ever held with you.

Theme - Vegetables:
» Bardock = Dock (A Root Veggie)
» Broly = Broccolli
» Kakarot = Carrot
» Nappa = Type of Cabbage
» Panbukin = Pumpkin
» Paragus = Asparagus
» Raditz = Radish
» Seripa = Parsley
» Turles = Turnip
» Toma = Tomato
» Totepo = Potato
» Vegeta = Vegetable
Theme - Fruits:
» Appule = Apple
»
Blue Berry = Blue Berry
»
Dodoria = Chinese Gooseberry
» Kiwi = Kiwi
» Rasberry = Rasberry
» Tuffle = Fruit
» Zarbon = Pomelo
Theme - Foods & Drinks:
» Chiaotzu = Dumpling
» Chi-Chi = Breast
» Pilaf = Sauteed, Seasoned Rice
» Gohan = Rice
» Krillin = Chestnut
» Launch = Lunch
» Marron = French Chestnut
» Oolong = Type of Tea
» Pan = Bread
» Puar = Chinese Tea
»
Shu & Mai = (When Combined) is a Dim Sum Dish
» Tienshinhan = Fried Rice
» Yamcha = Dim Sum
Theme - Dairy Products:
» Burter = Butter
» Ginyu = Milk
» Guldo = Yogurt
» Jeise = Cheese
» Ricoome = Cream
Theme - Instruments:
» Drum = A Drum
» Piano = A Piano
» Piccolo = A Type of Flute
» Cymbol = A Symbol
» Tambourine = A Tambourine
Theme - Underwear:
» Bulla = A Bra
» Bulma = Bloomers
» Dr. Briefs = Briefs
» Trunks = Boxers
Theme - Other:
» Buu = Bibidi, Babidi, Buu
» Cargo = Escargo
» Cell = A Cell
» Cooler = Cooler
» Dende - Snail (If an N is added to the End)
» Frieza = Freezer or Freezing
» Goku = Sky or Emptiness
» Goten = Air, Heaven
» Jackie Chun = Jackie Chan
» Kai = God
» King Kold = Cold
» Mr. Satan = Satan
» Nail = A Nail
» Shenron = Dragon God
» Slug = A Slug
» Videl = Devil (Scrambled)

Also Goku in the Japanese version is voiced by a woman.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So is Gohan. It's typical in Japanese anime for women to voice male characters that are considered to be "innocent" or "pure". In contrast, villain and other evil characters tend to be voiced by actors with much deeper voices. This is in the Japanese versions, mind you, and has nothing to do with English and other dubs.

Also I thought Goku meant "cooked rice" and Gohan meant "rice (uncooked)"?

I disagree with your assessment that DBZ was created solely to be a comedy. It contains much humor and is relatively lighthearted, but there are some serious parts, so it's not just there to make you laugh.

Next you'll be telling us that Pokemon is meant for children and not adults, sheesh!

I used to watch Full House a lot so a while ago I decided to look up the cast of the show and what they're like currently.

I was shocked when the girl who played Stephanie had tits. and was addicted to meth or something but she's still pretty hot!!

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jodie Sweetin's tits are obviously fake, as you can see they were visibly smaller when she was PREGNANT, which is when they get bigger. Nice bod anyway though, wheee.

Speaking of Full House, I think the Olsen twins proved to me that no-one can kill my childhood, because I watched it kill itself.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Do I ever get the urge to look up something from my childhood?

That's why I'm here.

Hijacking this thread into a ruining your childhood thread.

Dragonball Z was originally intended to be a comedy. Most of the characters names were of vegetables or other ridiculous things. Goku's last name, Kakarott, meant carrot. Vegeta meant vegetable. Raditz meant radish.

Be warned, the list will completely kill any level of seriousness that the show ever held with you.

Theme - Vegetables:
» Bardock = Dock (A Root Veggie)
» Broly = Broccolli
» Kakarot = Carrot
» Nappa = Type of Cabbage
» Panbukin = Pumpkin
» Paragus = Asparagus
» Raditz = Radish
» Seripa = Parsley
» Turles = Turnip
» Toma = Tomato
» Totepo = Potato
» Vegeta = Vegetable
Theme - Fruits:
» Appule = Apple
»
Blue Berry = Blue Berry
»
Dodoria = Chinese Gooseberry
» Kiwi = Kiwi
» Rasberry = Rasberry
» Tuffle = Fruit
» Zarbon = Pomelo
Theme - Foods & Drinks:
» Chiaotzu = Dumpling
» Chi-Chi = Breast
» Pilaf = Sauteed, Seasoned Rice
» Gohan = Rice
» Krillin = Chestnut
» Launch = Lunch
» Marron = French Chestnut
» Oolong = Type of Tea
» Pan = Bread
» Puar = Chinese Tea
»
Shu & Mai = (When Combined) is a Dim Sum Dish
» Tienshinhan = Fried Rice
» Yamcha = Dim Sum
Theme - Dairy Products:
» Burter = Butter
» Ginyu = Milk
» Guldo = Yogurt
» Jeise = Cheese
» Ricoome = Cream
Theme - Instruments:
» Drum = A Drum
» Piano = A Piano
» Piccolo = A Type of Flute
» Cymbol = A Symbol
» Tambourine = A Tambourine
Theme - Underwear:
» Bulla = A Bra
» Bulma = Bloomers
» Dr. Briefs = Briefs
» Trunks = Boxers
Theme - Other:
» Buu = Bibidi, Babidi, Buu
» Cargo = Escargo
» Cell = A Cell
» Cooler = Cooler
» Dende - Snail (If an N is added to the End)
» Frieza = Freezer or Freezing
» Goku = Sky or Emptiness
» Goten = Air, Heaven
» Jackie Chun = Jackie Chan
» Kai = God
» King Kold = Cold
» Mr. Satan = Satan
» Nail = A Nail
» Shenron = Dragon God
» Slug = A Slug
» Videl = Devil (Scrambled)

Meh, I knew about this long ago and I didn't see any real reason to be bothered by it. "Vegeta" sounds pretty badass whether or not it's just a truncated "vegetable".
What a coincidence, I was just looking up It's A Wonderful Life and most of the cast is dead.
lol

Calciphoce, that's dumb. I don't think it would be intended solely as a comedy just because of the characters names. Something tells me that's just not enough material for a solid comedy TV show. :I

I think Japan just likes to name people after things. Instead of just 'Scott' or something.

Weekeepeedeea said:
Simon's name comes from the Japanese word for "below" (下 shita?), tying in with a theme for most of the main characters to have names based around location, direction, or distance.
Your move capefeather.

I think it's a draw.

Calciphoce, that's dumb. I don't think it would be intended solely as a comedy just because of the characters names. Something tells me that's just not enough material for a solid comedy TV show. :I

I think Japan just likes to name people after things. Instead of just 'Scott' or something.
Let's get one thing straight: I loved DBZ as a kid and was a huge fan. Currently I am watching Dragonball Kai and enjoying it.

That said though, I find it hard to take a situation seriously when a guy named Sky Carrot (who's main rival is Vegetable) is yelling "Chestnut! Take Rice and run away from Cream! Keep an eye out for Butter, Yogurt, Cheese, and Milk too!" while fighting someone that sounds like he never graduated from grammar school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)