ORAS OU DigTaria [HYPER-OFFENSE]

DigTaria

Introduction
Welcome to my first every RMT! Today I will be showcasing my new OU team, based around the frightening Mega-Altaria, which 16jbiagini gave me the inspiration to use. I wanted this team to run smoothly, so I took my time on this and plan to have many trials based on it. Like I said before, I'm pretty new to the RMT thing, so please excuse my mistakes. Here is my squad.

Teambuilding Process
This was the start- Mega Altaria. What this whole team was based around. I had several reasons for choosing this as my main man and Mega Evolution. The first is the fact is it's typing. It's four weaknesses, which are Poison/Steel/Ice/Fairy, and for the most part, the former three of the quartet are uncommon. It also has eight resistances including common types, such as Fire, Water, Electric, Dark, and Fighting. The second reason I chose Mega Altaria was I knew it was an all around "good" Pokemon. I asked a question on the Simple Question/Simple Answer thread and was said this is the best Mega Evolution in OU. It also has caused me trouble in the past, and I have also personally seen it's true power. Therefore, I decided it would be a good start for the team.
I hate finding good pictures...anyway, the next Pokemon is Diggersby. I checked the Smogon Pokedex and it said this was a good option to complement M-Altaria. It learns Fire Punch, which can hit two of Altaria's weeknesses super-effectively. In addition, it's Huge Power ability doubles it's attack from 211 to 422 using my EV spread. Therefore, I thought Diggersby would be nice and can pack a punch.
Next up is Raikou. The reason for Raikou is that he can hit Water-types well. The particular set I am using is based around the item, which is an Assault Vest. Not only can he dish out damage to opposing Water-types with his 329 Special Attack, he can also tank Special moves from them. Therefore, that is why I thought Raikou would be a good edition to the team.

To add some coverage, damage, and power to the team I went ahead and chose Kyurem-Black. It has high stats in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed, which are 381/372/285. It has three different types of moves that can be used to dish out insane damage on his opponents. Therefore, I thought Kyurem-Black would make a good fit.
With a pretty overall mixed team so far, I decided to stick in a personal favorite of mine to keep the tides even- Talonflame. With it's sacred ability, Gale Wings, Brave Bird can be a huge threat to any Pokemon on any team. Anything that Brave Bird can't obliterate Flare Blitz will. Talonflame is also brings types new to the team, so the team is also gaining coverage.

I decided I need more Special damage from my Team, and a Pokemon that could outspeed most Pokemon and dish out a lot of damage. I went for an out-of-the box choice in Gothitelle originally, but later changed to Alakazam. It brings a overall useful Psychic type that can outspeed most Pokemon and launch bombs to KO them. While it has dismal bulk, it KOs a lot of Pokemon before they have a chance to hit him. Therefore, that is where Alakazam came in.

The Team

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 54 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Altaria-Mega is one of the best Mega Evolutions in OU. Despite being the main focus of my team, it's one of the secondary Pokemon. Even still, it's monster Attack, which is boosted by 252 EVs, can dish out damage mad damage no matter what Pokemon is in. Earthquake is to take care of Electric and Steel-types such as Raikou or Aggron, while return takes of pesky Dragon, Dark, and Fighting types. Dragon Dance is to get a free setup turn if someone is switching out. Finally, Roost helps recover any health I lost, though I prefer not to use it unless the opposing Pokemon is setting up.

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- U-Turn

Diggersby's purpose isn't too set in stone. He can function as a lead, semi-sweeper, or a scout. He's generally my go-to lead providing it's a good matchup, due to the fact that he deal damage and then U-Turn his way out of a situation that he can't handle. The Life Orb backs up the full Attack investment and Huge Power ability, which doubles the Pokemon's attack. The Speed and Defense EVs are there to outspeed more Pokemon, and maybe take an extra hit, respectively, keep in mind Diggersby gets chipped away by Life Orb every turn.

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

While Raikou isn't the most valuable Pokemon on the team, it is served to be very handy at times, to say the least. It's Assault Vest and Special Defense investment help it wall a lot of Special Attacks, to the point where it can strike back with a STAB-boosted Thunberbolt, or Volt Switch if he needs to make a switch out. HP Ice and Shadow Ball are here for coverage, but surprisingly, I've used HP Ice a lot more than you and me would think, as I've ran into Landorus-T and Garchomp quite a good bit, both of which have a 4x weakness to Ice-type attacks. In the end, despite Raikou's struggles, he's been a crucial part of the DigTaria squad that has been shredding up OU.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Kyurem-Black has one job- tear up everything in it's path. It has a nice 381/372/285 offensive stats, leading it to be a mixed sweeper, with either Ice Beam or Earth Power on the special side, which tear apart Pokemon like Groudon, Landorus-T, Aggron, and many more. On the physical side, Fusion Bolt also can dish out made damage onto Talonflame and Azumarill, and other Flying and Water threats. The downside to Kyurem-Black is though, is that it doesn't take hits too well. A neutral hit at about 120 power pretty much gets it into yellow or red, causing it to only get one more hit most of the time, due to it's not particularly high speed compared to other OU threats. All in all however, Kyurem-Black has set it's place as MrIllWreckYou.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost​

Talonflame is pretty much Kyurem except with different types. It's job is to clean up anything no one else can or be a pivot for Fire and Ground-type attacks, however, can also revenge kill. It's full Attack investment and Adamant nature cause it to tear apart any Pokemon that are weak to it, such as Landorus-T, Serperior, Aggron, Hippowdon, Jirachi, Celebi, and many more. Most stuff can't take more two hits from it before going out. However, the same can be true for Talonflame. It takes massive recoil damage and usually gets one shot revenge killed. I did put 84 HP EVs into it, this way he has SLIGHTLY bulkier. Speed investment helps it outspeed with Flare Blitz, and the Sharp Beak makes the Pokemon even more powerful. Overall, Talonflame can setup, dish damage, and recover, making him an all-around great choice.

Alakazam (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Alakazam's role is what Gothitelle's used to be, dish out damage and annoy people. Alakazam accomplishes that. With it's Special Attack and Speed topping 350, this thing is extremely fast AND can deal damage. Psyshock, which is STAB-boosted, hit's Special Defensive walls that Alakazam can't otherwise hit. Focus Blast and Shadow Ball offer coverage to kill many common OU threats and Dark-types that threaten Alakazam's life. This is a new addition to the team, so expect to see more information coming soon. But all in all, Alakazam can clean up.

Conclusion
This team has one purpose as a whole- deal as much damage as possible, making it a hyper offensive team. Overall, this team has great coverage and a couple pivots which makes switching and sweeping so much easier. The combination of special and physical sweepers can come crucial in different situations. And as a final thought, despite some Pokemon having similar roles, each has made its mark in the team.

Hope you guys enjoyed! This is my first one, so please tell me your opinions. Expect a slight more defensive version of this team coming out in the near future.​

If you would like the importable team, comment down below that you do and I will PM it to you.

Last edited:
Hey there nice team. I have a few suggestions

Run an EV Spread of 54 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe with a Jolly Nature, this allows you to outspeed the likes of M-Manectric and M-Lopunny after one Dragon Dance while the remaining EVs are put into HP for added bulk to help its longevity.

My second suggestion would be changing Talonflame's item and EV spread to Sharp Beak and a spread of 252 Atk / 248 Spe / 8 HP with a Jolly Nature to outspeed Weavile or you can run a spread of 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe with a Jolly Nature to speedcreep the likes of Thundurus-I and Raikou. I'd also recommend Swords Dance and Roost over Steel Wing and U-Turn as this makes Talonflame a potent threat. Banded Talonflame isn't really the best set to run in the meta atm and I think you'd be better off running this set as I think you'll like the freedom of not being choice locked.

My third suggestion would be to try U-Turn over Fire Punch to maintain the VoltTurn core that you had earlier. I also feel that Fire coverage on this is redundant and U-Turn is really nice for grabbing momentum. I believe you had Fire Punch for Ferrothorn and Skarmory but I think Talonflame should handle them pretty well and this change should work in your favour because Talonflame gets a free SD everytime it comes in on them.

My fourth suggestion would be to try Alakazam over Gothitelle. I don't quite like Gothitelle on this team as I feel that your momentum that you have with your VoltTurn core just dies out if you switch into this. Your team currently struggles against Stall to an extent so you could try out a Stallbreaker set with Taunt.

Tip:

Remember that an LO number in HP means it shouldn't be divisible by 10 so that the recoil taken per turn from LO is 9% instead of 10%. You can achieve this by having 29 HP IVs or if your EV investment makes it reach a number not divisible by 10

Hope I helped :)

Sets:
Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost
OR
Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Return
- Roost

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt / Encore

Diggersby @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Return
- Quick Attack
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Run an EV Spread of 54 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe with a Jolly Nature, this allows you to outspeed the likes of M-Manectric and M-Lopunny after one Dragon Dance while the remaining EVs are put into HP for added bulk to help its longevity.

My second suggestion would be changing Talonflame's item and EV spread to Sharp Beak and a spread of 252 Atk / 248 Spe / 8 HP with a Jolly Nature to outspeed Weavile or you can run a spread of 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe with a Jolly Nature to speedcreep the likes of Thundurus-I and Raikou. I'd also recommend Swords Dance and Roost over Steel Wing and U-Turn as this makes Talonflame a potent threat. Banded Talonflame isn't really the best set to run in the meta atm and I think you'd be better off running this set as I think you'll like the freedom of not being choice locked.

My third suggestion would be to try U-Turn over Fire Punch to maintain the VoltTurn core that you had earlier. I also feel that Fire coverage on this is redundant and U-Turn is really nice for grabbing momentum. I believe you had Fire Punch for Ferrothorn and Skarmory but I think Talonflame should handle them pretty well and this change should work in your favour because Talonflame gets a free SD everytime it comes in on them.

My fourth suggestion would be to try Alakazam over Gothitelle. I don't quite like Gothitelle on this team as I feel that your momentum that you have with your VoltTurn core just dies out if you switch into this. Your team currently struggles against Stall to an extent so you could try out a Stallbreaker set with Taunt.

Tip:
Remember that an LO number in HP means it shouldn't be divisible by 10 so that the recoil taken per turn from LO is 9% instead of 10%. You can achieve this by having 29 HP IVs or if your EV investment makes it reach a number not divisible by 10

Hope I helped :)

Sets:
Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost
OR
Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Return
- Roost

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt / Encore

Diggersby @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- U-turn
- Earthquake
Edits have been made, thank you.

I see no type of hazards or hazard removal. 3 Mons are weak to rocks(m-altaria before mega evo) and they can be worn down quick. I don't have a lot of time rn so I'll leave the rate in a bit but change the ability of Kazam to magic guard, there's no reason to have synchro and MG let's you bypass lo damage. that being said, you can change the Ev's back too.

[/HIDE]
I pretty much agree with everything here, but I would personally suggest Offensive Starmie over Gothitelle, so you can keep the momentum of the VoltTurn core while also being able to spin away rocks for Talon and Kyurem, both of which really appreciate hazards gone. I would also change Raikou's EV spread to 252 SpA /4 SpD/252 Spe to speed tie with Starmie, which is quite common in the current meta. And maybe try out Earth Plate Lando-T over Diggersby so you can set up rocks while also maintaining offensive pressure and VoltTurn core.

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def
Adamant Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-U-Turn

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Def
Timid Nature
-Rapid Spin
-Hydro Pump
-Psyshock
-Hidden Power Fire/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
(HP Fire can be used to weaken Ferro for Altaria)

I'm going to work on another team, I'm only editing the Pokemon I have now, this way I'll take future suggestions for new Pokemon into the next team, which will come out in two weeks.

Alright, my next team will have Altaria, Talonflame, Starmie, Landorus-T, Kyurem-Black, and Raikou. Suggestions can be for both teams.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)