D/P Ev Training

So, most of us have D/P now. And I'm sure a good number of us are getting near/have beaten the Elite 4 and are ready to Pal Park, train, start making our teams, ect.

So... we need the D/P good Ev spots. For example in RSE we had Spindas for Sp Attack.

I'm having some trouble so far finding good spots.

Any ideas?

The information below has been provided by Serebii.net, and everyone who has posted, most notable Deck Knight, 0mastar, Jibaku, McGraw. Also thanks to Rudoku for clarification on how EVs, power items, and Pokerus work in combination.
______________________________________________________________________________________
*Wild Pokemon*

HP:
~Shellos at Valley Windworks north of ignore the Buizel (+1 each)
~Gastrodons at Fuego Ironworks or Route 213 ignore Floatzel (+2 each)
~Gastrodons outside of Pal Park (+2 each) *are there Floatzel here?*

Attack:
~Kricketune and Bidarel at route 212 (rainy route) (+2 each)

Defense:
~Cave with Geodudes and Hippos off route 214 (+1 each) *name?*
~Onix and Gravelers on Iron Island in the second room ignore Golbats (+1 Onix) (+2 Gravelers)

Special Attack:
~Gastly at the Old Chateau in Eterna Forest (+1 each) (Haunters +2) (Gengars +3)
*Need GBA Game in GBA slot and National Pokedex for Haunters and Gengars*
~Golducks surfing in the water at the Resort Area (+2 each)

Special Defense:
~Surfing any ocean/sea area for Tentacools (+1each)
*North of 8th gym town has been good ignore Pellipers* (Mantykes +1)

Speed:
~Raticates and Fearows Northwest of the Fight Area (+2 each) *name?*
~Zubats in a cave (+1 each)
*anyone know whats the best cave?*

_____________________________________________________________________________________
*Vs Seeker Trainers*

HP:
~Route 209 - Cowgirl - L14, 15, 15, 15, and 16 Bidoof (5 HP)

Attack:
~Route 203 - Lass - L38 Staraptor, L38 Bibarel (5 Attack)

Defence:
~N/A

Special Attack:
~Route 214 - Collector - L20, 22, and 24 Roselia (6 Sp. Attack)

Special Defence:
~N/A

Speed:
~Route 205 (on the water bridge) - Fisherman - L10, 10, 10, 10, 10, and 10 Magikarp (6 Speed)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
*Power Items and Pokerus*

Power Items:
These items boost the number of EVs gained per battle with a pokemon in their respective stat.

Power Ankle: Boosts Speed EVs

Power Band: Boosts Special Defense Evs

Power Belt: Boosts Defense EVs

Power Bracer: Boosts Attack EVs

Power Lens: Boosts Special Attack EVs

Power Weight: Boosts HP EVs

Equation goes like this:

x + y = t

x = EV's from pokemon
y = EVs boosted from Power Items (+4)
t = Total EVs

Now with Pokerus we multiply the whole left side of the equation by 2 so...

2(x + y) = t

Now assume we have a pokemon that grants 2 points per battle...

2(2 + 4) = 12

wow...

There's the Old Chateau in Eterna Forest that has only Ghastly, so it could be used for Special Attack training. Also, if you have a GBA Pokemon game in the GBA slot, wild Haunter and Gengar appear in there, but I'm not sure if you need the national dex or not.

I use the first area you go to, it's filled with Starlies and that lion creature. Perfect for doing a physical sweeper's EVs.

the gastly one is really good. nice find. i noticed the first place too. Its great for sweepers but it's not very specialized which is what i'm looking for. LOL, even saying that ill be using it

In the lost tower thing where you get the Strength HM, during the day there are only Gastly and Zubat. Perfect for Special Sweepers like my Porygon :O

At night you'll have to run from the Misdreavus/Murkrow, depending on your version.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
HP:

I think the best bet is Shellos. Valley Windworks, ignore the Buizel. Fuego Ironworks is also excellent for Gastrodons, but ignore Floatzel. There's also fishing up Barboach on Route 212. Ditto on Gastrodon/Buizel on Route 213.

Attack:

Goldeen can be fished up with Good Rod. I'll need to check that spot for Seaking with the Super Rod, but Seaking/Gyarados fishing could net a lot of Attack EVs in little time.

Defense:

Iron Island in the second room seems to be populated by mostly Onix and Graveler, with much fewer Golbats.

Speed: Find a cave, kill Zubats.

SA:

Gastly at old Chateau

SD:

Surf on water for Tentacool.

HP:

I think the best bet is Shellos. Valley Windworks, ignore the Buizel. Fuego Ironworks is also excellent for Gastrodons, but ignore Floatzel.

Attack:

Goldeen can be fished up with Good Rod. I'll need to check that spot for Seaking with the Super Rod, but Seaking/Gyarados fishing could net a lot of Attack EVs in little time.

Defense:

Iron Island in the second room seems to be populated by mostly Onix and Graveler, with much fewer Golbats.

Speed: Find a cave, kill Zubats.

SA:

Gastly at old Chateau

SD:

Surf on water for Tentacool.
and that should just about do it! thanks! this will help a ton. HP and Defense seem iffy, but still likely the best options. Would you suggest the Shellos or the Gastrodons first? Probably Shellos for the sake of being low levelled.

It's a lot easier to EV train using trainers for most stats in D/P;

HP:
Route 209 - Cowgirl - L14, 15, 15, 15, and 16 Bidoof (5 HP)

Attack:
Route 203 - Lass - L38 Staraptor, L38 Bibarel (5 Attack)

Defence:

Cave with just Geodude and the Hippo, no idea about it's english name but it's on route 214.

Special Attack:
Route 214 - Collector - L20, 22, and 24 Roselia (6 Sp. Attack)

Special Defence:

Surf north of the 8th gym town. Tentacruels and Mantykes are pretty much all you will get, with the odd Pelliper

Speed:
Route 205 (on the water bridge) - Fisherman - L10, 10, 10, 10, 10, and 10 Magikarp (6 Speed)

With the power items it takes no time at all to EV train. The Magikarp dude gives 60 evs a battle with the Spd Power item + Pokerus.

By how many the SPD EV gain is multiplicated when the pokemon is holding the spd power?

EDIT: Answered in fact it's +4 each time, thx

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
HP: Wild Gastrodons outside of Pal Park (2 Pts)

Atk: What 0ma said

Def: In the northeast Island, right to the Fight Area (Don't know English name), there are Pelippers when you Surf (2 pts).

Spd: Northwest of the Fight Area (English name?). Raticates and Fearows are plenty (2 pts each)

SAtk: Golduck in the Waters of Resort Area (2 Pts)

SDef: Tentacools and stuff

With the power items it takes no time at all to EV train. The Magikarp dude gives 60 evs a battle with the Spd Power item + Pokerus.
are you sure that pokerus double the evs from the power items?
i was expecting something like (1 from poke x 2 from pokerus)+4 from item=6 evs per poke .. way better if it is (4 + 1)x2=10 per poke, like you say.. ^^

are you sure that pokerus double the evs from the power items?
i was expecting something like (1 from poke x 2 from pokerus)+4 from item=6 evs per poke .. way better if it is (4 + 1)x2=10 per poke, like you say.. ^^
It does. I've tested it before, and that's how it goes.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Also for Attack:

Less Arduous than Goldeen, North of Oreburg in the Grass under the bridge are Kricketune. Easy to kill, give 2 Atk EVs. Also in the area are Stunky with 1 Speed.

The Spring Path (off Rt. 214) has nothing but Bibarrel (2 Atk) and Staravia (2 Spd). Also, surfing Rt. 230 has Spheal and Sealeo (1 and 2 HP, respectively), as well as Pelipper (2 Def) and, rarely, Tentacruel (2 Sp. Def).

A question related to pokerus

a pokemon cured from the virus . still gain double ep or not?

i keep hearing differents answer..
this is a old question for me.. from the gsc times >.<

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I can't find the lass with the staraptor/bidarel on route 203, could you give me some idea where she is? Given she's oh.. 30 levels above the norm for that area, I'm guessing she's out of the way.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
I can't find the lass with the staraptor/bidarel on route 203, could you give me some idea where she is? Given she's oh.. 30 levels above the norm for that area, I'm guessing she's out of the way.
Must be repeated battling of the Lass with a level 5 Starly and Bidoof. I see no other alternatives. IMO you're best off on route 212 (rainy route) for attack EVs, where Kricketune and Bidarel account for 45% of wild encounters.

Deck Knight

Found another good place for physical sweepers.

North of Solaceon town the encounters are mostly Kricketune(+2 Atk) and Ponyta(+1 Speed). Basically it is Shinx/Starly Route, only replace Bidoof with the occaisional Geodude, Mime Jr., or Chansey.

I don't think, aside from Defense on Iron Island and SA at Old Chateau, there is any place that is "Pure" like that Whismur cave in RSE. The exception is fishing, but fishing also eats up a lot of time getting a bite, so it isn't horribly effective.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I don't think, aside from Defense on Iron Island and SA at Old Chateau, there is any place that is "Pure" like that Whismur cave in RSE
Resort Area waters only have Golducks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)