Metagame Cross Evolution

Have you done the tiering survey?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • I'll do it later

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We all know and love Gyarados for being super op but how about Milotic?
Milotic (Psyduck) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Competitive
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Tera Blast
- Flip Turn
Seems kinda strong tbh
Tera is also banned in this meta, also psyduck kinda mid would recommend idk Stantler maybe or munchlax for a milotic set? Milotic is definitely very good tho you’re right.

Well i can use a ghost type (let's sAY duskull) and I tr and i crossevo bascu-M and I free sweep a team?
I am presuming you are refering to using Last Respects to clean up late game. Let me add a few clarifying points to why this specific example would not be good, and why Last Respects in general is not as excellent of a strategy as you might be thinking.

1699021665585.png

First of all, the above changes are applied with the Basculegion evolution. Note that it already gives the Ghost type and Adaptability, so you wouldn't need to start off with a base Ghost, like Duskull in your example. Also note how little stat changes it gives, only giving 20 points to attack, and a total BST change of 70.

While we are here, I figure I should also show off the other Last Respects evolutions, if anything to show that their utility would also be lessened.

1699021792757.png

Note that Basculegion-F gives no boost to Attack, and Houndstone does not automatically give the Ghost type. Houndstone by far has the better stats for this, but with the tradeoff of either needing to have non-STAB Last Respects, or to be used on a base like Shuppet or Misdreavus to achieve the same goal.

Now, the big reason why a Last Respects late-game sweep is difficult is because of the shape of this meta. A number of great Pokemon resist Ghost-type moves (Bisharp, Vullaby, Qwilfish-Hisui, Garganacl evolutions) and a number of great Pokemon are fully immune to it (Stantler, Girafarig, Dunsparce). Is it possible to get a late-game sweep with Choice Banded Last Respects? Absolutely. But is it a guaranteed "free sweep" as you describe it? Unlikely.

DosDogs

I like Cross Evolution
is a Pre-Contributor
We all know and love Gyarados for being super op but how about Milotic?
Milotic (Psyduck) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Competitive
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Tera Blast
- Flip Turn
Seems kinda strong tbh
tera is banned so tera grass and tera blast do nothing, a better base would probably be buizel or sobble if you're looking or a water base to crevo into milotic. both have higher speed and good SpA.

DosDogs

I like Cross Evolution
is a Pre-Contributor
Personal preference for a water base would be Slowpoke, slow speed lets you pivot, scald is good stab and a variety of other options.

I've just been running girafarig instead.
Was just saying if one wanted a quick, competitive, water type milotic set those two would be the logical options, slowpoke is more viable otherwise. Milotic is probably better defensively than offensively, we have other high SpA donors like Volcarona.

:sv/magneton: :clefable:

Stats: 75 HP / 85 Atk / 120 Def / 155 SpA / 95 SpD / 95 Spe
Abilities: Cute Charm / Magic Guard / Unaware
Type: Electric / Steel

Clefable (Magneton) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Steel Beam
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Filler

This set needs no introduction, most of us have seen Magclef by now. It's a strong wallbreaker and offensive pivot that takes advantage of MGLO Steel Beam and pivoting to wear down its checks or create momentum for its team. The above set is the most common one I see, but I believe that there is a better option. Namely, I don't feel like Ice Beam is a good choice on most sets.

The main issue I have with Ice Beam is that it just doesn't hit all that much. Thanks to Steel Beam's high BP, the only relevant Pokémon Ice Beam does more damage to are the Ground/Flyings of the tier, but even those take a lot of damage from Steel Beam.

252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippoptas-Gyarados: 541-640 (110.4 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippoptas-Gyarados: 313-370 (63.8 - 75.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippoptas-Gyarados: 406-478 (82.8 - 97.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippoptas-Gyarados: 234-277 (47.7 - 56.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Toedscool-Gyarados: 380-452 (87.5 - 104.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Toedscool-Gyarados: 222-263 (51.1 - 60.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toedscool-Gyarados: 302-359 (69.5 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toedscool-Gyarados: 175-207 (40.3 - 47.6%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gligar-Milotic: 494-582 (102 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gligar-Milotic: 286-339 (59 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gligar-Milotic: 374-442 (77.2 - 91.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gligar-Milotic: 218-257 (45 - 53%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gligar-Clodsire: 478-567 (98.7 - 117.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gligar-Clodsire: 278-329 (57.4 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gligar-Clodsire: 364-432 (75.2 - 89.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gligar-Clodsire: 211-250 (43.5 - 51.6%) -- 62.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gligar-Avalugg: 801-946 (193.4 - 228.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gligar-Avalugg: 465-550 (112.3 - 132.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

As you can see, most Pokémon here get 2HKOd by Steel Beam, and for the most part all of the Pokémon have a favorable chance of getting 2HKOd, which can be raised by chipping them even by a small amount beforehand. The main exception here is Toedscool-Gyarados, but that doesn't have recovery and isn't common at all.

I would instead recommend running Focus Blast, as it allows you to reliably beat SliggooH-Tsareena, a Pokémon that would otherwise comfortably wall you. SliggooH-Tsareena is also notably a fairly popular mon and is more common than quite a few of the Ground/Flyings.

252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD SliggooH-Tsareena: 81-96 (22.5 - 26.6%) -- 25.5% chance to 4HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD SliggooH-Tsareena: 94-112 (26.1 - 31.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Magneton-Clefable Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD SliggooH-Tsareena: 216-255 (60 - 70.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Magneton-Clefable Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD SliggooH-Tsareena: 166-196 (46.1 - 54.4%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO

Furthermore, thanks to Focus Blast's high BP, it does more damage than Steel Beam against the Normal types of the tier.

252+ SpA Magneton-Clefable Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Munchlax-Clodsire: 147-174 (23.5 - 27.8%) -- 83.8% chance to 4HKO
252+ SpA Magneton-Clefable Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Munchlax-Clodsire: 170-200 (27.2 - 32%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Thus, I would recommend the following set:

Clefable (Magneton) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Electric
Modest Nature
- Steel Beam
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Moonlight / Thunderbolt / Thunder / Stealth Rock / Knock Off / Ice Beam / Calm Mind

The last slot can really be anything. Despite what I said earlier, I think that Ice Beam is an option for this set, but I don't feel like it's a great option and you should definitely consider any of the other filler moves before it.

Shout-out to Its Ataki for proofreading this post.

Hello, I have plenty of sets I'd like to share with you. I hope this tier will become more popular soon.

:arctibax: into :garchomp:
Garchomp (Arctibax) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Rough Skin
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake

(130/135/96/75/95/82)
It's like daddy except it has slightly less Atk/Spe but a better bulk.

:stantler: into :lurantis:
Lurantis (Stantler) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Normal
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Body Slam
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

(103/145/117/115/120/95)
I'd say Hariyama is better for it in term of pure power but this set looks interesting once you get rid of Closdire things.

:qwilfish-hisui: into :hariyama:
Hariyama (Qwilfish-Hisui) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Tera Type: Dark
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch / Knock Off
- Swords Dance

(137/155/115/75/85/110)
What about this one? SFLO Gunk Shot is a nuke.

:dunsparce: into :lilligant-hisui:
Lilligant-Hisui (Dunsparce) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Coil / Victory Dance
- Close Combat
- Hyper Drill / Body Slam
- Roost

(125/140/95/45/90/120)
Who said Dunsparce is only good at being defensive? 140 Atk with Hustle/Coil is massive. It's just completely walled by any Ghost type.

I have plenty other sets I'd like to discuss, see you guys on Discord!

Hello, I have plenty of sets I'd like to share with you. I hope this tier will become more popular soon.

:arctibax: into :garchomp:
Garchomp (Arctibax) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Rough Skin
Tera Type: Dragon
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake

(130/135/96/75/95/82)
It's like daddy except it has slightly less Atk/Spe but a better bulk.

:stantler: into :lurantis:
Lurantis (Stantler) @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Body Slam
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

(103/145/117/115/120/95)
I'd say Hariyama is better for it in term of pure power but this set looks interesting once you get rid of Closdire things.

:qwilfish-hisui: into :hariyama:
Hariyama (Qwilfish-Hisui) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Tera Type: Dark
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch / Knock Off
- Swords Dance

(137/155/115/75/85/110)
What about this one? SFLO Gunk Shot is a nuke.

:dunsparce: into :lilligant-hisui:
Lilligant-Hisui (Dunsparce) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Coil / Victory Dance
- Close Combat
- Hyper Drill / Body Slam
- Roost

(125/140/95/45/90/120)
Who said Dunsparce is only good at being defensive? 140 Atk with Hustle/Coil is massive. It's just completely walled by any Ghost type.

I have plenty other sets I'd like to discuss, see you guys on Discord!
First set kinda mid it doesn’t have glaive. Second set could be interesting however munchlax is prob bulkier so. Third set is great however hlr should probably be slashed for the last slot cause ground + poison + dark is great coverage, now that I think about it cc could prob be slashed for the same reason. Last set seems ok does lilli h get drain punch?

And this is why Milotic should ABSOLUTELY receive the ban hammer!

milotic (Misdreavus) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Marvel Scale
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Recover
- Hex
- Trick

I mean, this evolution has a BST of 775 and, get this, Marvel Scale. This evolution is legitimately blasphemous!

(I didn't take the time to search the comments to see if somebody already thought of this, but if somebody did, they know what I'm talking about when I say this is broken)

Discussions on this round of tiering had been going on for a while now, so this was only a matter of time:

Lilligant-Hisui is restricted, and 2-Ability clause is lifted!
:sv/lilligant-hisui:

In Cross Evolution's current state, the most contentious Pokemon has been Lilligant-Hisui as an evolution, distantly trailed by Scyther, so this relatively small slate was overdue. This will be the last round of tiering before DLC2.

Slate: (BAN-UNB-ABS or KEEP-LIFT-ABS)
PokemonanaconjaDark KoopatrolDosDogsGimlafPQRDGsmellslikememeZuldaarAction
Lilligant-HBANBANBANBANBANBANABS6-0-1 BAN
2-Ability ClauseABSLIFTLIFTLIFTLIFTLIFTABS0-5-2 LIFT

Reasonings:
An incredibly strong STAB Close Combat backed by an absurd speed tier make Lilligant-H evos extremely difficult to deal with in the current meta. In fact, it grants so much speed that running Adamant on many of these evos comes at essentially no cost to the user. This is not even mentioning the tools Lilligant-H grants like Hustle to skyrocket its power, Chlorophyll to make speed tiers essentially irrelevant, Ice Spinner for SE damage on many of its checks, and even Victory Dance as an extremely strong setup option. Given the consensus of most of the community, the decision to restrict should not come as a surprise.
This was originally implemented in Gen 8 as a response to the absurd prevalence of Regenerator complementing the relatively high bulk of the meta. Bulk is less readily available in this meta and large numbers of duplicate abilities are extremely unlikely due to the diversity of the current pool of evolutions, thus the council felt that this was no longer an issue and thus the meta does not need 2AC.

As such: Lilligant-H is restricted and 2-Ability Clause is lifted. Tagging Kris to implement, thanks in advance!

A matter of due course:

Solgaleo and Lunala are restricted!
:sv/solgaleo: :sv/lunala:

Nobody could have possibly seen this one coming.

Slate: (BAN-UNB-ABS)
PokemonanaconjaDark KoopatrolDosDogsGimlafPQRDGsmellslikememeZuldaarAction
LunalaBANBANBANBANBANBANABS6-0-1 BAN
SolgaleoBANBANBANBANBANBANABS6-0-1 BAN

Reasonings:
There is not a soul that could believe in good faith that these are balanced or healthy.

Solgaleo and Lunala are thus restricted, tagging Kris to implement, thanks in advance!

DLC2 brings lot of stuff for CrossEvo !
- :hitmonlee: and :hitmontop: give Fighting type, nice movepool, abilities (Unburden, Technician) and stats. Hitmontop should be a very nice spinner for stage 2 while :Tsareena: is certainly the best one for stage 3.
- :Rhydon: and :porygon2: are back and should be as good as in past gens.
- :reuniclus: returns as Regenerator/Magic Guard user.
- :excadrill: gives Steel type and brings good movepool as well. It doesn't learn Spikes but can spin.
- :flygon: is back as well but faces competition with :hydreigon:
- Every starters are back! Are :Blastoise: (Shell Smash) or :Blaziken: (Speed Boost) going to be legal?
- Archaludon doesn't look spectacular to evolve to; its stats are just slightly better (from 535 to 600 BST) when evolving. Stamina could be nice but it needs recovery.
- Hydrapple' signature move looks crazy (80 bp Dragon STAB that can apparently turns into 160 bp without any recoil), it also has Leaf Storm and Earth power as coverage + the delighted Regenerator ability.

Last edited:
It's Contrary time!

:duraludon: ➡ :lurantis:

Duraludon @ Leftovers / Air Balloon
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Giga Drain / Synthesis

Also exists in physical version

Duraludon @ Lum Berry
Tera Type: Steel
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

And now from stage 2 to 3:

:magmar: ➡ :serperior:

Magmar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Fire
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Leaf Storm
- Scorching Sands
- Giga Drain

Can also use Knock Off, Wisp, Glare, Acid Spray, Substitute...

Do not throw up Unaware Clodsire!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)