Metagame Cross Evolution

Have you done the tiering survey?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • I'll do it later

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sharing a set that has been pretty fun. Gunk shot is the strongest viable move for physical sheer force as far as I can tell.

Hariyama (Stunky) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Decent bulk, fairly strong, not too slow and lots of coverage options. Ice punch is a nice surprise for the ground flying types that are everywhere. Can run adamant for more power since I'm not sure that jolly beats anything that relevant. Figuring out speed tiers is my personal nightmare.

Gunk shot is the strongest viable move for physical sheer force as far as I can tell.
Actually, Flare Blitz is tied with it. There's several other moves tied with it but either lack distribution or are special moves, which isn't good considering most Sheer Force mons are physical attackers. Sky Attack is technically the strongest Sheer Force-boosted move in Gen 9, but it's absolute trash.

Actually, Flare Blitz is tied with it. There's several other moves tied with it but either lack distribution or are special moves, which isn't good considering most Sheer Force mons are physical attackers. Sky Attack is technically the strongest Sheer Force-boosted move in Gen 9, but it's absolute trash.
Good point, kinda forgot. Doing some exploration, scorbunny could be an excellent user of flare blitz AND gunk shot. Stunky is somehow faster and also has dark typing for all those pesky ghosts but scorbunny has higher attack. I'll give it a whirl, thanks for the reminder. Larvesta is also an obvious answer and gives an absolute nuke of a flare blitz.

Last edited:

IMakeNoSense

hey it's that one guy who makes art
is a Pre-Contributor
---
WHEN THE WORLD NEEDS A HERO DRAGON, A HERO RISES TO THE TASK!
---

1681713485960.png

WATCH THE TRAILER NOW!!!!1!
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen9crossevolution-1845279921

FIND THE SECRET DRAGON BATTLES! (LORE HEAVY!) ULTRA SECRET FOR DRAGON ROOM FANS!

BUY THE DRAGON ROOM: THE RISE OF TERA MERCHANDISE AND BE LIKE YOUR FAVORITE DRAGON CHARACTER!

https://pokepast.es/c0b035c0aba9c68f
*Dragon Room LLC is not responsible for brain cell loss as result of the team nor its moveset. Viewers discretion is advised.*

GIVE ME YOUR CREDIT CARD!

"DRAGON!!!!!!! RAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

---

note: this was a funny battle with dragon spam + trick room lol​

Give me the best Abillites Moveset and Tera Type of the team Pwease :3
Primeape Tsareena
Misdreavus Armarouge
Tandemaus Toxicitry
Dunsparce Clodsire
Shelgon Grimmsnarl
Magneton Vivillon

IMakeNoSense

is a Pre-Contributor
First off, despite Gyarados' massive BST, it's actually rather poorly allocated. Despite it's monstrous 115 attack and 75 HP, it's lack of any kind of defense OR speed makes it very prone to getting revenge killed.
Actually, I don't really agree. It being so generous in the HP, Attack, and SpDef fields actually makes most evolvers really strong. There are plenty of LC Pokemon with average-to-good Defense stats, some are just great recievers of the Flying type in general (see Bronzor, Hippopotas, Toedscool), etc. Intimidate helps combat the lack of Defense it gets too. Plus, speed isn't *always* everything.

I recently made a post on Slowpoke-Gyarados, but here's something for the aforementioned Bronzor-Gyarados.

OFFENSIVE TR:
Gyarados (Bronzor) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Steel / Fire / Fairy / Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner / Liquidation
- Trick Room

DEFENSIVE:
Gyarados (Bronzor) @ Leftovers / Heavy-Duty Boots / Covert Cloak
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Ground / Steel / Rock / Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail

Steel/Flying is already an absurdly good type combo, but with these defensive stats plus a very generous 139 attack stat thanks to Gyarados, this thing's fun as crap.
132/139/110/69/166/24

anyway; that's all. see ya.

Last edited:

DosDogs

I like Cross Evolution
is a Pre-Contributor
Alright I have made some teams and have been asked to share them and the strategy of each, I have 7 so its gonna be a long post
:Dunsparce:-:Primeape:-:Murkrow:-:Zorua-Hisui:-:Bisharp:-:Chansey:(click for pokepaste)
This team utilizes two huge attackers, Murkrow and Zorua, who both can hit incredibly hard. Zorua can also cripple walls using trick. Primeape is your hazard control and a bulky attacker with rage fist and body press, recovery with roost as well. Bisharp is your wallbreaker with mold breaker ignoring unaware and can OHKO clodsparce after an SD, while surviving EQ and Bpress(I think) and taunt to block moves like whirlwhind with tera flying to completely defeat hippodos and some other mons like clodsparce(thats redundant tho). Chansey can turn toxic on itself and provide free hazards and is a solid tank. There is one glaring weakness with this team, physical fighting moves, there are no switch ins for that on this team so be extremely careful when dealing with mons that run close combat and such. I have run this team on ladder and its pretty solid.
:slowpoke:-:Frogadier:-:Toedscool:-:Dunsparce:-:Axew:-:Magneton:
This team uses Slowpoke to set rain up and abusers in Axew mainly, with Frogadier and Magneton both benefiting from rain. Toedscool is your special tank and hazard control. Clodsparce does what Clodsparce does. Also you could use orb on Axew and use SD. This team was gifted to me by a ladder player(who I can't remember the name of) and I was able to beat it (before we exchanged teams) with Tinksharp and clodsparce, its main weaknesses seem to be revenge killing and wallbreaking, as this team can have a hard time with those. Overall its a decent team that might have a hard time vs more experienced teams/players.
:Hippopotas:-:Dunsparce:-:Chansey:-:Gholdengo:-:Shelgon:-:Sandygast:
This team is most likely the best team here(I wonder why?). The roles of most of these mons are pretty simple, set up hazards and stay alive, with gho as a simple block to hazard removers. Every mon except gho has recovery (The wonders of CE!). IDK how to pilot stall so I'm not the best person to explain this, some of the mons have been explained before, but I used this team when the giraffe was legal and won with it and recently played a few games to success with it, and am honestly terrified to see it used with a capable stall player.
:Dunsparce:-:Bisharp:-:Misdreavus:-:Stantler:-:Arctibax:-:Mudbray:
This team was me trying out some new mons, and it worked pretty well. You guys are familiar with clodsparce and tinksharp and this point and they play the same role here. Missy here is the new quiver dance sweeper, quiver dance a few times while ignoring salt cure, mortal spin, nuzzle and so on, then there is recovery in kiss which also hits the fighting and dark types. Run into chansey? Psyshock will take care of that. Stantler can deal massive damage and honesty just fake out switch spam isn't that bad too, the rest is self explanatory. Oh and bullet punch could be changed out for another move, IDK what tho. Arctibax has high attack and speed with not horrible bulk so I chose to try Dnite with it, worked fine but there are probably other Dnites that work better, like Dnite ape. But I still like this little bax. Mudbray is just bulk up prio spam with drain punch for bisharps and stuff, pretty solid. Overall not the most consistent team but a fun one to play on ladder.
:Stantler:-:Magneton:-:Toedscool:-:Misdreavus:-:Zorua-Hisui:-:Bisharp: Credit to Gimlaf for the team.
Missy is your lead usually, setting up webs and easily disrupting physical attackers with wisp and tanks with taunt, also can be used to spin-block later on. Your other ghost type is Zorua-h, which is a special nuke with trick to cripple walls, also can be used to spin-block. Gimlaf created Toedcool Gyarados and this team uses it quite well. Magneton is another choice mon who can outspeed and kill many mons, scarf is always a nasty surprise for your opponent. Stantler is a solid sweeper with tinted lens allowing it to spam strong STAB moves. Now for the eyecatcher, Bisharp Krookodile, Moxie and a high attack stat allow for snow balling, and a decent speed stat allows it to reasonably dish out damage, plus krook gives a nice movepool.
:Bronzor:-:Chansey:-:Hippopotas:-:Gholdengo:-:Primeape:-:Bisharp: credit to IMakeNoSense Bronzor is your webs setter and also can use rocks(might could replace that tbh) and thats its main role. Chansey does what it does with Magic Bounce, free hazards, toxic flips, and so on. Hippopotas can set up rocks and just generally be a tank while dishing out good damage with EQ. Gho keeps hazards up and can cripple walls. Primeape and Bisharp both benefit greatly from webs, allowing them to outspeed many mons that it would not be ale to, one if a wall breaker and one is a sweeper.
:Toedscool:-:Dunsparce:-:Murkrow:-:Bisharp:-:Litleo:-:Mudbray:
This team has 2 new things on it, Litleo and a different krooksharp set, Liteo can deal massive SpA damage with boomburst and has good coverage. This krooksharp is a bulky one, as no webs can help it outspeed mons like Primeape. Vest is used so try to refrain from clicked Close Combat immediately and pick one of the 3 STAB moves it has, unless you need to hit for SE damage or the opposing mon resists those STAB moves. Murkrow is your damage output, Toed is hazard control and SpD wall, Clodsparce is clodsparce, and Lucario Mudbray is back! I just like using it.

Alright there are my sample teams for you guys, I hope I described them well enough, its my first post like this so its a learning experience, but these teams all are decent at worst and some are very strong. Use these to find new mons for your team or use one as a starting point for CE. Have a good one!

Last edited:
Been loving this metagame, really good phys def wall I've come up with is
x

88/145/122/80/87/87
Dark/Ghost

Skeledirge (Bisharp) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock (If you have a rocker already swap this for taunt or any other move)
- Foul Play

With Unaware, 3 immunities and 1 weakness thanks to the Ghost pickup, this thing is great as a phys def wall.

Super fun metagame!

Been liking this set so far, vivillon is good for speed + qd
Vivillon (Haunter) @ Life Orb
Ability: Compound Eyes
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast

Been loving this metagame, really good phys def wall I've come up with is
x

88/145/122/80/87/87
Dark/Ghost

Skeledirge (Bisharp) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock (If you have a rocker already swap this for taunt or any other move)
- Foul Play

With Unaware, 3 immunities and 1 weakness thanks to the Ghost pickup, this thing is great as a phys def wall.

Super fun metagame!
Great set, though seeing foul play on a base 145 atk mon seems like a war crime lol

Here's what I feel like the best Stored Power sweeper:

Frosmoth (Slowpoke) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shield Dust
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Chilling Water
- Stored Power
- Quiver Dance
- Slack Off

HP 130 / Atk 105 / Def 90 / SpA 120 / SpD 100 / Spe 60

Don't Let the 40 base Spa before crevolving fool you, it can hit very hard after the boosts, even with Chilling Water incase of a Dark type
It has very good physical bulk as a LC, so mixing that with Chilling Water it can handle physical attackers.
Qd obviously is great for that SpD.

Tera Poison is to avoid Toxic, and change the weaknesses

While there's definitely counterplay to this (Bisharp-Skeledurge, all the Cacturne crevos etc), but still a very good sweeper.

Ok whos the funny person who's spread psychic surge spam teams everywhere I'm suffering.

In other news:

:sv/drakloak:

Vivillon (Drakloak) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Compound Eyes
Tera Type: Water
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Hurricane

This set has amazing coverage and with specs can usually kill or force out any mon, still suffers from chansey but hey its a special attacker what can you do

I want to talk about the existence of the type changes as shown in Gen 9 that I think are particularly relevant. Specifically, about the way type changes are handled, which I find a bit baffling to say the least and don't really make much sense given both the intention of the meta.

Cross Evolution is a meta that asks the question "what would happen if you were to cross evolve a Pokemon into another". You take a certain Pokemon from a certain stage and then evolve it onto a stage above, but with a different Pokemon, essentially making it evolve into a different Pokemon, a "cross evolution". Looking at the examples given previously in the thread, both with Gen 9 Gimmighoul>Gholdengo as well as Slowpoke-Galar>Slowbro-Galar/Slowking-Galar, what happens is that the primary type from a Stage 1 Pokemon is added upon evolving into a Stage 2. The important thing to note here is the fact that this typing is added to the Pokemon.

The biggest question mark I have with the way that the typing changes work is that upon cross-evolving, the new Pokemon evolved becomes a completely new type, regardless of what their previous types originally were. This doesn't really make much sense to me consider what exactly happens when you cross evolve.

Again, cross evolution involves taking a Pokemon from a certain stage and evolving it onto a stage above. The stats, typing, and ability changes granted by an evolution are determined by their respective changes from their prevo. In short, when Slowpoke-Galar evolves into Slowbro-Galar, it's typing adds the Poison-type to the primary type. I'm confused as to why changing the primary type suddenly completely changes the typing while the secondary type simply adds the typing, when in both scenarios they are functionally doing the same thing.
Would it make sense for these evolutions to instead override primary type and shift your current primary type to your secondary type? I feel like that’d give a good compromise that’d still give these types of evolutions a niche.

I will preface this post by stating this one thing : I am not a good teambuilder — nor a good player — and this is why I am posting my team — looking for advice. Please don't be too harsh for the stupid choices and obvious mistakes that I made, you might see them but I don't, and that's precisely what I'd appreciate you point out.

I was pretty interested in this format when I first found out about it, and, after a bit of playing around with possibilities, I just resorted to good ol' sample teams. Now, however, I want to make my own team, and I wanted to make a Sun team. I got started, but, expectedly, I got lost, and that's why I come to this thread asking for advice. Whether it's Pokémon I should replace, Pokémon I should add, anything would help tremendously.

These are the Pokémon I got so far, alongside the reasoning behind them.

:koraidon:
Koraidon @ Heat Rock
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Jolly Nature
- Collision Course
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Ice Fang
-------------
Of course, I needed a Sun setter, and between that and fucking Torkoal, the choice was easily made. Heat Rock for maximized Sun turns because I haven't found another good setter, CC and Blitz for damage, U-turn to benefit of the many switches this thing forces out, and finally Ice Fang for those pesky Ground-type Gyarados crevos that are running rampant.

:larvesta: > :leafeon:
Leafeon (Larvesta) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Chlorophyll
Tera Type: Ground
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Morning Sun
-------------
Pretty strong crevo in my unexperienced opinion. Hits very hard, gets the zoomies thanks to Chlorophyll, can pivot out of danger with a fast U-turn and Morning Sun for 75% recovery. Boots are very important for this team, and even though I have a strong Spinner in Great Tusk I still want to protect some of my Pokémon from the pointy rocks.

:misdreavus: > :scovillain:
Scovillain (Misdreavus) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Chlorophyll
Tera Type: Grass
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Solar Beam
- Trick
-------------
This set I didn't make. I was looking for ideas given by other members of the thread regarding Sun abusers and this stood out. Can't really explain much here, just a strong, fast Pokémon that can invalidate support Pokémon with Trick.

:great-tusk:
Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
-------------
Great Tusk felt like a no-brainer on this team. A fast, strong Pokémon that benefits from Sun and becomes a dangerous offensive threat, and that uses Rapin Spin to keep its teammates out of Stealth Rock's way. Besides this, this is the regular OU Great Tusk set, so no use explaining the move choices : I didn't make them.

That is what I've got so far. I can already imagine how garbage this team draft must truly be, but I'd appreciate any form of advice to improve it and maybe make it usable. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

IMakeNoSense

is a Pre-Contributor
Feeling like Chansey needs to get suspect tested ngl, it's pretty nuts. I say this as someone who has used/is using Chansey and seen the annoying crap it can do.
Amazon.com: Chansey Sitting Cuties - 5 ½ in Poké Plush Doll : Toys & Games

My main argument is that Chansey is unpredictable and hard to build around; it's got plenty of crevos that it can utilize and abuse thanks to its absurd 250 base HP and 105 SpDef. The main sets I see are Garganacl and Hatterene (the latter of which I use), but I've also seen Skeledirge and Gardevoir at some point, and they're all worth addressing. The tools given to it in Gen 9 are overwhelming, to say the least.

Chansey/Hatterene

Completely shuts down Phys Attackers who would otherwise beat up Chansey easily. Fairy type does wonders for Normal type, granting it another immunity, as well as a neutrality to Fighting type. It has access to Charm, the arguably only reason why Chansey is as good as it is. Magic Bounce, thanks to Hatterene, makes it easy for Chansey to swap in and mirror a status move or shut down common mons like Dunsparce/Clodsire, most Primeape crevos, etc.

1682192327452.png

I did this battle as I'm making this post, and I couldn't agree more with the comment they made at the end regarding to Chansey.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9crossevolution-1849374739

Chansey/Garganacl

Ok, take Chansey, but what if it had Purifying Salt? On paper, this stat spread is nothing to call home about. Garganacl is annoying before hand; sure, but like, it should be manageable enough... right? Well, until you make the realization that with Garganacl, you get Salt Cure too. Steel and Water types beware! I hate the uncommon-yet-dreadful concept that it could run both Soft-Boiled AND Recover on the same team if it wanted to. On top of that, Chansey/Garganacl can set rocks and sit on Ghost types who think they could break through it. There's a lot of options for giving the bulky egg a bulky evolution.

I had replays for this set, but I forgot to upload the game. I'm sure anyone's who has faced a Gargsey can vouch for my distaste for this set, or even if you use one yourself.

1682192282309.png

Chansey/Skeledirge

Normal/Ghost, Unaware, and Will-o-Wisp. Need I say more? ...okay fine.

I've never used one personally, but I've heard plenty of how annoying it is to face; and it's not hard to see why. Skeledirge is a goated crevo for Chansey; giving it Hex to pair with Will-o-Wisp, as well as Torch Song to boost its and Hex damage. Normal/Ghost is a great combo with 1 weakness; Dark. It has 3 invaluable immunities to this meta; Normal, Ghost, and Fighting.

I would also like to preface that with the concept of unpredictability again; Especially with the aforementioned evos, Chansey could either be immune to Status/Toxic, reflect your Status/Toxic/Will-o-Wisp, be immune to Normal, Ghost, Fighting, or Dragon (Hatterene); etc.

1682193698258.png

Chansey/Gardevoir

Chansey with Trace can prove to be menacing; you can utilize any of the opponent's abilities that are bound to be useful thanks to this metagame, such as Unaware, Regenerator, or any of the aforementioned abilities. You could be very sadistic and run Synchronize- wait no one does that? Oh, okay. Well, Gardevoir's crevolution gives Chansey a boost to it's SpDef (as if it needed that). It also gives Chansey the signature move of it's line in Gen 9; Teleport. Y'know, that move that got buffed in Gen 8 to give a free switch with low priority; yeah that move. Now it can be an effective Wish Passer, deal out Will-o-Wisp, etc. Seriously, there's a lot Gardevoir crevos can do; it's nuts. Again, no experience using this set, but it's definitely good.

1682194355394.png

Other/Closing Thoughts

Some other crevos I considered to mention (but I didn't have enough info to talk about it) are the following, with small comments with notable traits:
Also these don't have to be "good" sets, they just have to be somewhat usable in my opinion.

Chansey/Tsareena (Priority Wall + Rapid Spin)
1682193864128.png

Chansey/Dragonite (Ground Immunity + Multiscale)
1682194025602.png

I am nonsensical though, hence the username, but I do feel like this is worth addressing. There's a few mons that need discussion IMO and this is one of them of the bunch.

Anyway, that's all. See ya.

Last edited:
Feeling like Chansey needs to get suspect tested ngl, it's pretty nuts. I say this as someone who has used/is using Chansey and seen the annoying crap it can do.

My main argument is that Chansey is unpredictable and hard to build around; it's got plenty of crevos that it can utilize and abuse thanks to its absurd 250 base HP and 105 SpDef. The main sets I see are Garganacl and Hatterene (the latter of which I use), but I've also seen Skeledirge and Gardevoir at some point, and they're all worth addressing. The tools given to it in Gen 9 are overwhelming, to say the least.

Chansey/Hatterene

Completely shuts down Phys Attackers who would otherwise beat up Chansey easily. Fairy type does wonders for Normal type, granting it another immunity, as well as a neutrality to Fighting type. It has access to Charm, the arguably only reason why Chansey is as good as it is. Magic Bounce, thanks to Hatterene, makes it easy for Chansey to swap in and mirror a status move or shut down common mons like Dunsparce/Clodsire, most Primeape crevos, etc.

View attachment 510762

I did this battle as I'm making this post, and I couldn't agree more with the comment they made at the end regarding to Chansey.

Chansey/Garganacl

Ok, take Chansey, but what if it had Purifying Salt? On paper, this stat spread is nothing to call home about. Garganacl is annoying before hand; sure, but like, it should be manageable enough... right? Well, until you make the realization that with Garganacl, you get Salt Cure too. Steel and Water types beware! I hate the uncommon-yet-dreadful concept that it could run both Soft-Boiled AND Recover on the same team if it wanted to. On top of that, Chansey/Garganacl can set rocks and sit on Ghost types who think they could break through it. There's a lot of options for giving the bulky egg a bulky evolution.

I had replays for this set, but I forgot to upload the game. I'm sure anyone's who has faced a Gargsey can vouch for my distaste for this set, or even if you use one yourself.

View attachment 510761

Chansey/Skeledirge

I've never used one personally, but I've heard plenty of how annoying it is to face; and it's not hard to see why. Skeledirge is a goated crevo for Chansey; giving it Hex to pair with Will-o-Wisp, as well as Torch Song to boost its and Hex damage. Normal/Ghost is a great combo with 1 weakness; Dark. It has 3 invaluable immunities to this meta; Normal, Ghost, and Fighting.

I would also like to preface that with the concept of unpredictability again; Especially with the aforementioned evos, Chansey could either be immune to Status/Toxic, reflect your Status/Toxic/Will-o-Wisp, be immune to Normal, Ghost, Fighting, or Dragon (Hatterene); etc.

View attachment 510774

Chansey/Gardevoir

Chansey with Trace can prove to be menacing; you can utilize any of the opponent's abilities that are bound to be useful thanks to this metagame, such as Unaware, Regenerator, or any of the aforementioned abilities. You could be very sadistic and run Synchronize- wait no one does that? Oh, okay. Well, Gardevoir's crevolution gives Chansey a boost to it's SpDef (as if it needed that). It also gives Chansey the signature move of it's line in Gen 9; Teleport. Y'know, that move that got buffed in Gen 8 to give a free switch with low priority; yeah that move. Now it can be an effective Wish Passer, deal out Will-o-Wisp, etc. Seriously, there's a lot Gardevoir crevos can do; it's nuts. Again, no experience using this set, but it's definitely good.

View attachment 510782

Other/Closing Thoughts

Some other crevos I considered to mention (but I didn't have enough info to talk about it) are the following, with small comments with notable traits:
Also these don't have to be "good" sets, they just have to be somewhat usable in my opinion.

View attachment 510776

View attachment 510781

I am noncensical though, hence the username, but I do feel like this is worth addressing. There's a few mons that need discussion IMO and this is one of them of the bunch.

I just encountered Chanseyvoir for the first time and I fully agree. This thing needs looking at, alongside Last Respects and Rage Fist, IMO. (which would be fine we we knew crevos at preview, but we don’t. Rage Fist and Last Respects can be hidden a lot better than their checks can be, and if you don’t know about them, it’s easy to misuse your checks.)

Chansey/Hatterene

View attachment 510762

Chansey/Garganacl

View attachment 510761

Chansey/Skeledirge

View attachment 510774

Chansey/Gardevoir

View attachment 510782

Other/Closing Thoughts

View attachment 510776

View attachment 510781

I am noncensical though, hence the username, but I do feel like this is worth addressing. There's a few mons that need discussion IMO and this is one of them of the bunch.

On top of that, Chansey/Garganacl can set rocks and sit on Ghost types who think they could break through it.
It's not like Chansey needs Garg for either of those things, being a Normal type with access to Stealth Rock already. (Sorry, I just wanted to point that out, lol)

Anyways, more serious business:
I still firmly believe that, with its 55 base SpA, Chandirge takes too long to get going with Torch Song. (not to mention that this gets shut down by Unaware. Oh the irony.)
Which brings me to my main point for Chansey being bearable. Don't get me wrong, it makes for some amazing walls, but it's passive as all hell. Well, outside of the Salt Cure spamming, status-immune Chansey-Garganacl. Yeah, that one is a real pain to deal with.

I agree with Chansey-Garganacl and Chansey-Hatterene being the big two sets, with Chansey-Gardevoir probably being the third. However, I disagree with Hattchans (Chatterene?) shutting down physical mons. Why this one specifically when every Chans could in theory make use of Charm (and some Chans crevos even packing Wisp)? Not to mention that you can just switch to reset the attack drop. The big selling point instead is Magic Bounce imo, where the unpredicatiblity starts to shine, but even outside of that it's just a great ability on such a bulky mon. Bouncing entry hazards is amazing in and of itself.

Speaking of unpredicatbility: I'm not sure if that actually breaks Chansey. As I see it (and I may be wrong here), the biggest concern is having to play around a possible Magic Bounce. If you see a Chansey in battle, you know it's gonna be a specially bulky thing. The uncertainty comes from having to guess whether it's a Chansey with Wisp or one that doesn't care about Toxic. Sure, you also can't immediately know its type and thus its weakness, but you likely want something on your team that deals with both Normals and Normal/Ghosts anyway, due to how common they are.
Although, I sort of see that there is the issue of having to prepare about the different crevos while teambuilding.

But as I mentioned, Chansey crevos cannot do much in return outside of utility (with certain exceptions. Mainly Salt Cure, but also Wisp and TWave/Nuzzle). And, considering the offensive powerhouses in this meta, Chansey is by no means unbreakable, especially on the physical side, even if the different crevos favor different options of counterplay:
Dirge and Garde can be toxic'd, while their Wisp fails against Fire Types, Guts and Flash Fire Ceruledge evos (Ceruledge is probably its own can of worms, which I shall not open right now). Hatt and Garg have no Wisp and must rely on Charm (Or possibly Iron Defense in Garg's case?) to not fall to physical attackers. And only Dirge is truly safe against setup. (unless your setup gets countered by Charm I guess)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Punk Rock Stantler-Toxtricity Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Chansey-Gardevoir: 265-313 (37.1 - 43.8%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Yes, that's only about 40%, but it's also a neutral hit (albeit a ridiculously strong one) from 145 base SpA against fully invested 255/165 bulk!

(Edit: I can't believe that I forgot: In this case Chansvoir likely would've traced Punk Rock, halving the damage taken. <_<
Well, it still shows the potential damage that can be dealt towards Chansey crevos, lol)
Tricking a Choice item is also an option to deal with those; between things like Chansey crevos and the existence of bulky setup from the likes of Clodsparce, I feel like just can't go without a ChoiceTrick mon.

But that's just my opinion. Hope I've written at least somewhat coherently, lol.

TL;DR of my opinion: The Chansey crevos are really bulky, but that's just Chansey being Chansey. They certainly are annoying to various degrees, but still passive (except Gargchans, which I have my own vendetta against) and physically vulnerable. Also I'm not sure how tough it actually is to prepare against the different Chansey variations, considering the overall powerlevel of this meta.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/0935252057d89532
BreMaus is an amazing cleaner, with Population Bomb and Force Palm Being Powerhouses
DunPex walls almost everything, as in, a +2 bisharp evolved into dragapult, 165 attack stat, brick break did 98 percent
DrakAce Hits Like A Train with Pyro Ball, Psychic Fangs, High Jump Kick, And U-Turn
MurDown sets stealth rocks and sand
DragoSharp clicks tera normal extreme speed and obtains dopamine rush
SlowSire clicks Toxic, Spikes, TWave, or Foul Play

I also am making theorymons for the leaked DLC Pokemon

Last edited:
Breloom evos don't gain any speed so they essentially require priority moves like Mach Punch to be usable. This Mausloom just gets instantly revenge killed, imo.

Dunpex is good, but a calm mind set seems awfully slow to setup, when you could basically run Toxa + Stealth Rock instead.

DrakAce is almost always inferior to Drak/Meow, which has a better speed tier, better moves (Knock-Off, Flower Trick, Play Rough, etc), and a higher stat distribution overall. Only potential upside of Cinder is that it doesn't add secondary type which only comes into consideration when the protean mon is A) not choice locked and B) using the move of the same type (probably outrage on the DraxAce)... but your DraxAce doesn't run a dragon type move.

Sand Stream mons that aren't Rock/Ground/Steel naturally chip themselves. In addition, why would you waste Murkrow's potential with Hippowdon instead of something like Murkrow/Gyarados, or Murkrow/any of the QDancers?

If you want a strong E-Speeder, your best choice is likely Vigoroth (stab E-speed > Bisharp's stats), but this set doesn't seem *bad* other than the fact that it's dark flying, a weak typing and you aren't running any stab moves.

Ironically enough, I think the Clodpoke is a good set--but only in weird Stall type teams. The main problem with it is that it's only usable stab is Foul Play (lol), and while it's bulk IS crazy in combo with Unaware, it might not even be enough to break some of the crazier meta threats (for example, I think most Ceruledge sets just beat Clodpoke out right.). Also, why two status moves? Why not run something like haze (to allow you to at least get other mons in on said setup mon that clodpoke "checks") or Curse + Liquidation to give the Clodpoke some threat of it's own?

same deal with this breloom set, this just gets outsped and killed.

Vivillton is actually a really strong mon, but why psychic? Substitute or Volt-Switch both have substantial utility and you don't need the non-stab attacking move since Electric Flying is resisted by very little (only opposing electric mons, or some strange ground/steel type). If those are an issue, why not run Tera Blast ground?

Fraxure is a remarkably bad mon for CE, bad bulk + bad speed + bad movepool. The only thing it has going for it is it's typing (dragon) and it's attack stat, but that is outdone by mons like Bisharp, and for movepool + speed you can go Primeape which loses... 8 attack for better bulk, better health, one of the best moves in the game (rage fist) and a very high speed tier. In addition, Dragapult is... ok? But if what you want is a fast sweep mon, Salamence gets more speed, has Moxie, gets a secondary typing and stab (Dual Wingbeat, which is quite good), and still has access to Dragon Dance. Alternatively, Murkrow + Gyarados is just strictly superior as a sweeper (good stab options, monstrous attack stat + Moxie, dragon dance, Brave Bird, good bulk) in the same exact niche as your Fraxure DPult set.

QuaxFin... :psycry: wtf man

If what you want is a tanky setup sweeper on Dunsparce, Clodsparce is one of the best you can get (and is a good combination of several of the otherwise mediocre concepts you've had in the past). Clodsparce with Coil, EQ, Recover, and Toxic can get pretty crazy while also completely walling a lot of popular setup sweepers.

Cerucrow is good, underrated but good. I would recommend on putting Bitter Blade instead of Close Combat with Tera Fire to capatalize on strong fire attacks and getting a very strong STAB 120 BP (180 if you tera fire) attack that resists Dark/Ghosts one counter (fairy) that also gives you survival chances when chipped.
This Is Based Off Of Personal Experience, Also, Breloom Gets 35 Speed Upon Evolving From Shroomish. Tho I Will Take Some Of Your Suggestions.

Cool Sun Team
https://pokepast.es/36b63853a4376ea5
Koraidon Sets Up Sun
LeafVesta Spams Flare Blitz And U-Turn
ScoDreavus Uses Specs Attacks To Murder
Great Tusk Is Very Strong
JoltUa Has 145 Speed And 150 Special Attack With Nasty Plot
FlareArig Spams STAB Guts Boosted Flare Blitz While Keeping Itself Healthy With Wish

Last edited:
Cool Sun Team
https://pokepast.es/36b63853a4376ea5
Koraidon Sets Up Sun
LeafVesta Spams Flare Blitz And U-Turn
ScoDreavus Uses Specs Attacks To Murder
Great Tusk Is Very Strong
JoltUa Has 145 Speed And 150 Special Attack With Nasty Plot
FlareArig Spams STAB Guts Boosted Flare Blitz While Keeping Itself Healthy With Wish
Girafarig got banned. https://pokepast.es/310cf6f42d350085 This is my sun team. Murkcanroc wallbreaks with brave bird and can revenge kill, larvkix can use sun boosted tinted moves and is also great at revenge killing, koraidon deals amazing damage even without a boosting item, misdreavillain is an amazing sun breaker and so is salaflora. Chansereena gets boosted healing with synthesis and can spin. (very good). This team is a bit weak to stall and garganape with tera tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)