Cradily QC [1/3]

Deej Dy

Verified Ladder Scurb 乁( ◔ ౪◔)ㄏ
Weakness policy is viable, as without it Cradily is pretty underwelming outside of a SR setter, Weakness policy also works very well for it because it can support a mixed movepool of Stone edge, Giga drain, Earthquake, Earth Power, etc. It also has recovery in Recover, I've seen Dentricos use the set with success and I've also seen other player use it on the ladder, so I believe it deserves mention.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'd really rather see some replays of that set in action (and actually, you know, accomplishing anything) before I approve WP Cradily. It sounds pretty bad on paper, exposing yourself to SE moves leaves you pretty vulnerable to getting RKed after a kill (barring like Giga Drain recovery or something, but that's pretty shaky to rely on).

Dentricos

I'd really rather see some replays of that set in action (and actually, you know, accomplishing anything) before I approve WP Cradily. It sounds pretty bad on paper, exposing yourself to SE moves leaves you pretty vulnerable to getting RKed after a kill (barring like Giga Drain recovery or something, but that's pretty shaky to rely on).

Dentricos
Ok I'll post some of my sweeps with it when I get home :/

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Although I typically find WP Cradily underwhelming I will admit that the things sheer bulk allows it to get +2 on a lot of things in the tier and make it a potent mixed attacker. The fact that you take a super-effective hit to get the boost doesn't end up mattering too much when the opponent has to take a +2 Giga drain, that and recover give it some staying power.

The thing is just too damn slow for it to work though and running rock polish either makes you lose coverage or longevity. When strong attackers like Archeops and Typhlosion can pick this thing off when its around 50%, and when Sawk and Hariyama both OHKO I just don't see it being that great.

I'm down with it going in other options for sure, but I've seen it work enough I'm not opposed to it recieving a set either.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I dont think that it is good enough to receive a full set, I think that sticking it in oo is the best option for it. Because while it is not unviable it is not good enough and consistent enough to receive a set as it relies on getting the boost way to much.

I dont think that it is good enough to receive a full set, I think that sticking it in oo is the best option for it. Because while it is not unviable it is not good enough and consistent enough to receive a set as it relies on getting the boost way to much.
The boost allows it to deal with more threats, but it can still put in huge amounts of work without getting the boost. The boost kind of is meant to limit the options of the opponent and allow cradily to get some solid key kills in the match. For instance it makes it so things like gatr, gorebyss, ludicolo, sceptile, ect don't beat it 1v1 and takes away the ability of most things to u-turn out against it. Unless u still have a safe switch like plume or hariyama then cradily is going to do a bit of damage regardless.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The boost allows it to deal with more threats, but it can still put in huge amounts of work without getting the boost. The boost kind of is meant to limit the options of the opponent and allow cradily to get some solid key kills in the match. For instance it makes it so things like gatr, gorebyss, ludicolo, sceptile, ect don't beat it 1v1 and takes away the ability of most things to u-turn out against it. Unless u still have a safe switch like plume or hariyama then cradily is going to do a bit of damage regardless.
That's my point though, you rely way to heavily on the boost from WP to do any real damage and Cradily already checks those mons so losing out on lefties to something that only activates occasionally just isn't good enough for a full set. I'm not saying its bad Dentricos I'm just saying its not quite good enough to receive a mention outside of oo.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
That's my point though, you rely way to heavily on the boost from WP to do any real damage and Cradily already checks those mons so losing out on lefties to something that only activates occasionally just isn't good enough for a full set. I'm not saying its bad Dentricos I'm just saying its not quite good enough to receive a mention outside of oo.

Okay I think thats enough discussion, will add to OO

"A weakness policy offensive set can be used for surprise factor, but relies on too much to set up, but can be successful if it sets up successfully."

Agh but I disagree with this analysis of my set :/

It puts in work even against people I have played many times and know the set. Also it destroys so much without getting the boosts. Because if u face the fact that cradily is hard to 2HKO without using a super effective attack.

Also it's a specially defensive weakness policy set.

Also on another note why is cradily listed as having a shallow movepool? I saw this was a suggestion by punch but I seriously disagree. It has access to all the coverage it needs offensively, stealth rocks, toxic, recover, and there are 50 different ways it can set up.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
eh since I don't really have the time to start writing anything within the next 3 days due to irl issues, Im going to have it reassigned Montsegur

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)