SM UU Cotton Guard MAlt and Fat Weavile

Thanks to changes from Amane Misa, I am confident that this team is complete, however, further adjustments would be appreciated.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
- U-turn

I chose Jirachi as both my Rocker and also because it provides healing wish support for scenarios where MAlt or Scizor get statused. I used to run enough speed to outspeed base 80's, but 20 speed is more reliable as it lets me still outspeed Prima and the extra spdef investment helps take on Fairies such as Prima, MGarde and Lati.

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Happiness: 0
EVs: 240 HP / 112 Def / 60 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Cotton Guard
- Frustration/Facade
- Roost

My MAlt set requires some set up to work but the set is pretty optimized I'd say. 220 speed allows me to outspeed MGarde at +1 and +1 attack is a guaranteed OHKO on it with frustration. This amount of speed also lets me outspeed anything up to 439 at +2 which includes: Haxorus at +1, MAero, MScept etc. The Def is so that with a cotton guard I can take 3 bullet punches from CB Scizor and should I be at +2 Atk already I can 2HKO with Frustration. Facade is also and option as it allows for setting up on mons like Rotom-W and being able to sweep more effectively.

Weavile @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Low Kick
- Reflect

The next mon is not my idea but seen as I was pretty weak to Weavile at this point, I decided to add Pearls Fat Weavile. Explantion can be found here for why the set works; http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-uu-creative-and-underrated-sets.3593934/page-5#post-7511523
I Decided to go with reflect as my last move as this greatly helps MAlt when dealing with the likes of CB Scizor, and also can help my Scizor.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD OR 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off / Pursuit

I used to run bulky sciz evs but with a band as it helped keep sciz alive whilst also dealing damage, however, due to recommendation I have chosen to run max hp max atk as it still provides decent bulk but capitalizes on the choice band to deal more damage than before. Max Speed can be considered also sacrificing bulk for a better speed tier.

Rotom-Wash @ Waterium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave / Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Pen-ultimately, Rotom's great typing and decent movepool not only allow it to be a decent pivot but also crucial for crippling pokemon I struggle with; predominantly steel types such as Coba, Sciz and Rachi. I personally now run double status Pump and VSwitch but pain split is nice due to lack of lefties recovery.

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog / Hidden Power Fire
- Trick

Changes also included Latias over Hydreigon. Reasoning being, both are a dragon type wallbreaker with a scarf however latias can provide defog and trick support and as my team is weak to hazards both can be clutch when facing them and it also helps deal with the stall matchup.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
- U-turn

Altaria @ Altarianite
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Cotton Guard
- Frustration
- Roost

Weavile @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Low Kick
- Reflect

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off / Pursuit

Rotom-Wash @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Trick

Thanks to Amane Misa for the feedback once again!​

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, nice team you have. The combination of Cotton Guard M-Alt + Bulky Weavile seems interesting so I tried my best to think of improvments for your team while leaving the aforesaid core untouched :heart:.

• - The speed EVs on Jirachi just doesn't seem worth it. 20 speed EVs are enough, it allows Jirachi to outspeed Timid Primarina. You don't need to outspeed Togekiss to beat it and the SpD EVs are key for it to beat threats such as Primarina, Mega Gardevoir, Latias and et cetera.
  • - You choose Choice Band in order to maximize the Attack of a Pokémon, therefore it needs max Atk EVs to reach its full potential. I highly suggest you having that over your full-defensive EV spread.
  • - I kind of like offensive Rotom-W with your team, as it still checks Scizor thanks to its typing and nice natural bulk and works really well as a VoltTurn core with Choice Band Scizor.
  • - I see Latias fitting better on your team. Both have the same role - a Dragon-type wallbreaker holding a Choice Scarf, but they are different in what they accomplish. While you do have a nice VoltTurn core going on in there, I see your team weak to entry hazards and stall, which is why I believe that Latias would be a better option over Hydreigon. Latias can serve as a panic Defog user and a tool to help versus the stall matchup with Trick.

I hope I helped you maximizing the potential of your team, if you have any help, don't hestitate to contact me on PMs or VMs!

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
- U-turn

Altaria @ Altarianite
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Cotton Guard
- Frustration
- Roost

Weavile @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Low Kick
- Reflect

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off / Pursuit

Rotom-Wash @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Trick

I appreciate what you've said and generally agree with everything, so I have taken on board all changes deciding to go with max hp max attack sciz for now, will take note of the max speed if necessary!

Thank you for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)