Conan's Newest Team

Hey Conan here again posting my latest team. Really want your opinions on how to make this better it has been great on wifi so far I just want to see if you notice a glaring weakness. Alright thanks lets get to the team.

Quick View of the Team

Metagross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
Jolly nature (+Speed, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion

Great standard lead so I decided to switch it up and go with a TrickGross. Really nice lead is testing well. Throw a scarf on the usual swampert or other metagross, they usually get locked into Stealth Rock, then switch while I set up my Rocks. After that I can explode or switch and save him for later. A lot of options though.

Alakazam @ Choice Specs
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/6 Sp.Def/252 Speed
Timid nature (+Speed, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Trick
- Focus Blast
- Signal Beam

Alakazam is really underrated, should be used a lot more in my opinion. getting to 372 speed and special attack over 360 it outclasses gengar in both categories. Dont want the Specs? No problem trick it onto someone else. Really powerful when it keeps the specs on though.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 168 HP/120 Def/220 Sp.Def
Careful nature (+Sp.Def, -Sp.Atk)
- Curse
- Fire Punch
- Body Slam
- Rest

Really standard Snorlax, but no reason not to use him. Amazing special defense and the ability to curse makes him a nice def wall and a solid attacker. Rest to get rid of status problems and to stall out when you have some curses up. Really solid to the team in the sense that he is great at taking on latias and such which could be a small problem to the team otherwise.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp.Atk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Roar

Suicune is a beast. Great defense and the ability to calm mind makes him a nice sp.def wall once set up a bit. Goes great with snorlax in the sense they do the same job but start of with the other defense stat higher. Roar is great to get rid of things trying to set up and what now. Suicune has dropped in useage but really I dont see why. Things a beast lol.

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk/64 Sp.Atk/192 Speed
Naive nature (+Speed, -Sp.Def)
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Overheat

Great revenge killer, scores a lot of KO's from the unexpected and even the expected for that matter. Overheat because it is the best fire attack when scarf in most cases, close combat is stab an obvious, U-Turn is to scout also quite obvious. Stone Edge since this is a physical set and need something to take out Salamence and such.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk/24 Sp.Atk/252 Speed
Naughty nature (+Atk, -Sp.Def)
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Salamence is a great wall breaker and just a great all around pokemon. Real nice mix attacker and is a great late game sweeper. If not it still leaves a nice dent in teams. Also intimidate is nice to be able to slow down some physical sweepers. Bring it in on something locked into like close combat or something get a free DD up and start destroying teams.​

Hello.

I don't think Metagross needs the Jolly nature, especially if you just plan to Trick the Choice Scarf. Certainly change it to Adamant. If you want the Jolly nature for faster frailer leads, then you could drop the Speed down just to 228 for Weavile or even lower for Azelf. The extra EVs can be put in Hit Points for some durability.

Next nitpick, Fire Blast is a more consistent move on Infernape than Overheat. With all that Speed Infernape could get a few chances to sweep late game, but with Overheat losing power each turn it just won't happen.

Just at a quick glance I see your team having trouble with Scizor. U-turn will put this team under a lot of pressure. Your only true check to it is Suicune who still loses ~1/3 of its health from U-turn. Although it won't necessarily stop Scizor, giving Salamence Leftovers or Expert Belt instead of Life Orb will prevent Mence from being revenge killed just after Stealth Rock damage.

And although Alakazam has more Speed and Special Attack, I'd still use Life Orb gengar in place of SpecsAlakazam. The main reason is that Gengar has a lot more places to switch in thanks to three immunities to common attacking types. This is what I suggest:

Gengar @ Life Orb
Nature: Hasty
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Shadow Ball
~ Focus Blast
~ Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fire
~ Explosion

This Gengar can also take care of Blissey with Explosion (better to kill it than to cripple it with Choice Specs) who would normally come in and Posion/Paralyze Suicune, or one of your other Pokemon. If Metagross has already done his job and Exploded, I see some trouble switching in on Blissey. If Infernape is locked into Overheat or Fire Blast, Blissey could paralyze your Salamence switch in. If it posions Snorlax too early, you'll be forced to Rest early on, which gives Lucario and Metagross a chance to set up on you.

Good luck.

Three choice users seems like a little too much. MetaNite is right, switch that Zam for Gengar (one of my personal faves). I like the idea of the Scarfnape thats a surprise factor in today's metagame. Good team!

Is there any specific reason why you're using Immunity over Thick Fat? Thick Fat is better in pretty much all aspects, especially since you already have Rest to clear up status. If Snorlax had Thick Fat, it could switch in with ease on Fire/Ice attacks aimed at Metagross and Salamence respectively.

Switching from Suicune to Zapdos would be a good choice. Not only can Zapdos be used to rely on Roar, but it also has access to Roost, a constant recovery move.

This is the set that I'd suggest.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Hp / 180 Spd / 76 Atk
~Thunderbolt
~Heat Wave
~Roost
~Roar / HP Grass

Zapdos can equally function as an EQ immunity on your team, incase Salamence is dead. The given EV's allow Zapdos to outspeed all neutral 95 base speed Pokemon, most notably, Lucario, and KO it with Heat Wave. Depending on whether you want it more like your Suicune, you can choose either HP Grass (for Swampert) or Roar to scout for your opponents Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)