Project Community Create a Team (Week 7: Final Revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
This weeks winner is...
Squrmz,
you may now nominate the 5'th teammate

edit: I put Lum Berry as the main item, it is best if we keep away from the slashed.
We can still make changes to the items later on

From what I can see from the team so far, it struggles against strong Water types like SD Samurott and Sharpedo, as well as M-Glalie. So with that in mind, I feel a good choice for the team is...

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Bold / Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

..this fat pink fish! Not the funnest addition to the team, but really helps against the above mentioned from running through the team, while providing Wish support.

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

While Audino can certainly lure bulky grounds for Drapion, it's not foolproof, and I think certain bulky waters are still a problem for this team. Virizion helps resolve that somewhat. It also offers a second sweeper and reasonably threatens a few mons we don't really have covered at the mon. I like CM because it can pivot into waters more reliably.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Pantheon (Granbull) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Heal Bell

Literally the only reason I thought of this nomination was so the team doesn't look to Hitmonlee. This also helps to deal with Dark-types a bit easier like Absol and Scrafty, unfortunately this stacks a Steel weakness but other than that it seems pretty solid. Heal Bell is also nice in case a sweep has to come to an end because of something living and landidng a Scald burn or Will-o-Wisp

eren

je suis d'ailleurs

Diogo is sogeking (Tangrowth) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Uh bulky waters. gains momentum with sleep. is cute. dont vote for fish pls.

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
mawile
team is horribly weak to ice and rock (so don't add another ice weak just yet), as well as no rocks, mawile provides a solid answer to both of these issues as well as pivoting around for the other members like aero(sd pass is cute) and whatnot, last slot should be a check to water types + fighting resist
Oh yeah and the problem with adding anything here other than mawile(viriz tangrowth etc) would be that the last slot would have to be a stealth rocker + fighting resist, and the only choice is mesprit which is rly tight imo, we also cant afford to drop roost on aero sadly so ya

Ballet Mechanique @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Stealth Rock

will keep using these nicknames until someone comes out and says that they've watched eureka seven before

Last edited:

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
we can afford no rocks on this team in my opinion. all the rockers lose too much momentum. I think grass + delphox works the best here

Ferroseed can learn Stealth Rock. Ferroseed is Grass type. Then we just nominate Delphox next week and we're good.

With that in mind, I present to you guys Ferroseed.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Seed Bomb

Was going to nom torterra but then I remembered ice weakness.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
I really don't think we can afford another Ice-weak mon to the team especially since we don't have anything that wants to 1v1 Mega Glalie or Snow yet. Virizion also would seem like something we could test out in the after phase when we are trying to patch up flaws for the team for Lord Death Man you should save that for after week 6. Mola is a real momentum killer and still doesn't solve our problem. so that is 3 out 5 noms left to talk about and honestly the last two are the ones who I think will win. Now if I wanted to be a scumbag I could just go out and pull out the trump card and say Diogo's nomination doesn't count because he had already won twice but honestly when the team is really struggling I go easy on the rules. So here are the pros and cons of each nomination.

Granbull
  • +
  • Fighting resist that the team desperately needs
  • Heal Bell to back-up sweepers
  • Intimidate helps to deal with Glalie and Sneasel even w/o the resist
  • Better Bulk than Mawile (Mawile may have a better defense stat but its HP is garbage)
  • -
  • More weak to steel type like Durant
  • Can't carry Momentum like in Baton Pass
  • No Stealth Rock
Mawile
  • +
  • True Ice resist, mentioning weak to Earthquake tho from MGlalie
  • True Rock resist, Earthquake is also very common on rock types tho
  • Stealth Rock + Baton Passing Swords Dance
  • Intimidate
  • -
  • Less bulk (especially on the special side)
  • Ground Weakness
  • Isn't a fighting-resist

Obviously I can't make myself win nor can I make Diogo but these are just some facts

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
Slowking @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Bulky setup sweeper, pivot, solid Fighting- and Ice-type check (Water-type check too I guess), and unlike some other checks, it isn't a huge momentum suck thanks to Regen. Also nice to have a bulky check that can sustain itself recovery wise. Don't think another Rock-type resist is of the essence since we already got bulky Flygon + Mega Audino to play around Tyrantrum decently well. SpD avoids the 2HKO from Mega Glalie's Freeze-Dry after Stealth Rock.

Honestly think Ferroseed is one of the better candidates for the teamslot right now just because it isn't a free switch-in for Alomomola :P

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
It also is never going to stay in alomomola if you need it, it's a grass/steel type that loses to jellicent and alomomola, doesn't resist ice, and is a huge momentum drain.

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
the issue with this team is that our fighting resist is audino lol
It's not like Virizion can set up, we have a revenge killer for Scrafty (unfort just an rkiller) and an Emboar check. We don't have room to defensively check every fighting type anymore, anyways.

We should carry a fighting resist and srer that has a good matchup versus Hitmonlee/Medicham really, which is like Mesprit/Uxie (LOUD HINT), not that anyone nominated them. I think Memento Uxie + another setup sweeper would "complete" the team while maintaining the uniqueness I think we were going for minus Uxie being a pretty lame mon. Or we could carry a regular rocker and Spiritomb/Colbur Jellicent/etc but I think we're unfixably weak to life orb Medicham at the momentum and might just need to cut our losses there, but we don't have to be weak to Hitmonlee.

What is our Durant switch in, Exploud switch in (what even kills Exploud at this point lol), Glalie check, Abomasnow check, water check, etc? We've been trying too hard to make sure we can handle things defensively or offensively while ignoring the synergy between the two BO needs, I think, so these last two mons will matter the most.

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
I think i would go mawile+sigilyph as the last two, like i mentioned in my nom, if you add mawile the last slot would have to be a fighting resist/water check so it would be either amoonguss/vileplume or sigilyph honestly, venusaur as the team's only fighting resist isn't acceptable by any means.
Virizion works too i suppose, we need two pokemon to kill exploud at this point the only reason i don't like it is being forced to run mesprit on the last slot(uxie is reeeally lame imo) but, if i were to run uxie, it would probably be the imprison set with ada lee speed creep.
I think either direction works, really, i just would want to have an early/mid game breaker instead of virizion to better complement aero and drapion, or that would make us way too passive(audino/aero/drapion/viriz/uxie or mesprit/flygon is never beating a stall team)

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
I actually really like the idea of Sig + Maw and the more I look at it Virizion seems a lot better than Drapion as it gives us a reliable answer to Steelix and Alomomola and a lot of other mons.

Edit: Mawile is also a flying resist which only supports Virizions case

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
no we cant do viriz > drap cuz of melo. we could do tomb > drap though for more insurance v fighters but offensive pressure

I rlly like maw siggy as lasts btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)