Thanks a lot:D

Last edited:
Request: Gallade Mega (Jolly/Justified)
Cutiefly: Lv 1, M, Premier ball
IGN: Sam

Request: Gourgeist (Relaxed/Frisk)
Cutiefly: Lv 1, F, Premier ball

Thanks Eisen and congrats on hitting 3000 with ZapFini! That's an incredible feat. I tried playing with your team and it's apparent that it requires a fair amount of skill/experience to win with compared to some of the more aggro teams I have tried.

Last edited:

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Sent to: Immiuhra x2, yyy, Kucanine, YCWU2602 x2 and stripytanuki

Pokemon deposited: Cutiefly, level 9, male, pokeball
Pokemon requested: Annine
IGN: yyy
I think there may be an error here somewhere... or a new Pokémon I wasn't aware of has just been discovered :P

Thanks Eisen and congrats on hitting 3000 with ZapFini! That's an incredible feat. I tried playing with your team and it's apparent that it requires a fair amount of skill/experience to win with compared to some of the more aggro teams I have tried.
Thanks! And yeah, it can definitely be less straightforward to play than more offensive teams, and probably requires a bit more patience than usual. Curious to hear how you did with it though!

Thanks! And yeah, it can definitely be less straightforward to play than more offensive teams, and probably requires a bit more patience than usual. Curious to hear how you did with it though!
Yeah, I have mostly played offensive teams, where positioning/setting up was simple and the right move was often fairly obvious. So far my experience with ZapFini is that there are a range of ways to approach many matchups and often it pays to play slower. I watched your video of the last 10 or so battles up to 3000 to get a better sense of how you use the team and I think I have a better handle on it now. I hadn't realized quite how important it was to understand the quirks of the Tree AI and the calcs with different AI sets, but to really take advantage of the 1/2 health berries it's clearly important to know when a hit will bring you low but not KO.

But yeah, there's definitely a learning curve. I lost the first battle I brought the team in on. And then a bit later on I got into a Struggle situation against A-Muk-1 after I let it set up with Minimize and Acid Spray my entire team to death, but luckily Zapdos was my last and I was able to Roost through the damage and Pressure eventually got me the win. But overall the team feels really balanced - I can see how once you get to know it well you could achieve such a large streak.

I'm still not sure how to best use U-Turn on Incineroar. In situations where I want to switch it out I often end up just hard swapping in order to avoid taking a big hit. Is it more for offensive switch-ins? Or in situations where you already have Tailwind setup and don't have to worry about being outsped?

Request: Meganium

Request: Tapu Bulu (Brave)

Last edited:
Sent to: Immiuhra x2, yyy, Kucanine, YCWU2602 x2 and stripytanuki

I think there may be an error here somewhere... or a new Pokémon I wasn't aware of has just been discovered :P

What a stupid typo! :psyduck:.
Pokemon deposited: Cutiefly, level 9, male, pokeball
Pokemon requested: Togetic
IGN: Annine

Pokemon deposited: Cutiefly, level 9, male, quickball
Pokemon requested: Clamperl

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Pokemon deposited: Cutiefly, level 11, male, netball
Pokemon requested: Gorebyss
IGN: Rachel

Pokemon deposited: Cutiefly, level 9, male, net ball
Pokemon requested: Clamperl(Deepseatooth)
IGN: Yuechen

Last edited:
Requesting:Dragalge
Deposited: Cutiefly, level 11, male, repeat ball
IGN: Alexander

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Thank you for the pokemon Eisenherz! I'd like to request two more please. :)

Pokémon requested: Bronzong levitate
Level and gender of the Cutiefly: level 1, male in a nestball
IGN: Jérémy

Pokémon requested: Mandibuzz
Level and gender of the Cutiefly: level 1, female in a nest ball

Thank you in advance! :)

Last edited:
Hello eisen

Pokemon requested : Pinsir
Pokemon deposited : cutiefly male level 21 hasty
IGN : GBunglezippy

thanks

Last edited:
requested: tornadus (timid)
cutiefly: lvl 23 male quick ball
ign: christian

event tapu koko
fc: 3368-6994-6315
trade time: wednesday october 30 5 pm cst

Last edited:

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Sent to: OKcoyote, yyy x2, YCWU2602, Kucanine, C y 1, Immiuhra x2, formula4speed, stripytanuki, oldman and booty muncher 2000

OKcoyote : Unfortunately, I think your Cutiefly for Meganium got sniped, I couldn't find it :(

YCWU2602 : Your Gorebyss request was asking for a male one on the GTS, but the one I'm offering is female, you'll have to switch the request.

Yeah, I have mostly played offensive teams, where positioning/setting up was simple and the right move was often fairly obvious. So far my experience with ZapFini is that there are a range of ways to approach many matchups and often it pays to play slower. I watched your video of the last 10 or so battles up to 3000 to get a better sense of how you use the team and I think I have a better handle on it now. I hadn't realized quite how important it was to understand the quirks of the Tree AI and the calcs with different AI sets, but to really take advantage of the 1/2 health berries it's clearly important to know when a hit will bring you low but not KO.

But yeah, there's definitely a learning curve. I lost the first battle I brought the team in on. And then a bit later on I got into a Struggle situation against A-Muk-1 after I let it set up with Minimize and Acid Spray my entire team to death, but luckily Zapdos was my last and I was able to Roost through the damage and Pressure eventually got me the win. But overall the team feels really balanced - I can see how once you get to know it well you could achieve such a large streak.

I'm still not sure how to best use U-Turn on Incineroar. In situations where I want to switch it out I often end up just hard swapping in order to avoid taking a big hit. Is it more for offensive switch-ins? Or in situations where you already have Tailwind setup and don't have to worry about being outsped?
Oh, that Muk can be such a pain to deal with, I'm glad Zapdos pulled it off haha. A lot of the sets more commonly found before battle 40 rely on luck or taking people by surprise with unexpected moves, so that can be frustrating to go through at times!

Actually, Incineroar usually wants to move last when using U-turn, it's not really a replacement to hard switching. If something outspeeds and threatens Incineroar out and you have a safe switch-in, then hard switching is definitely the right thing to do. The biggest and most convenient use of U-turn is for those situations where you can use any of Incineroar's 3 attacks to KO an opponent because it's either already low or you're about to double it up with Fini as well. In those cases, being able to switch on the same turn as when you get the KO is more valuable than staying in (most of the time) because it means you now have Incineroar as an Intimidate + Fake Out switch-in in the future. Every occasion to cycle it in and out like this at no downside is likely to help the rest of the team.
The second best use would be for situations where Incineroar is threatened and you'd like to switch, but you don't have a safe switch-in because you're unsure of what will actually happen (eg. it could be a Rock move, or it could be a Fighting move that does a lot of damage to Metagross); in those cases, it's better to risk Incineroar than the backline, and often you'll be pleasantly surprised to see Incineroar survive anyway and U-turn for the the switch you wanted but couldn't risk. Or for example, if you're facing something like Jolteon + Kingdra: both Fini and Incineroar would like to switch to Zapdos there, but obviously it can't come in on both slots, and Metagross doesn't want to take a Water or Electric hit on the switch. So you can switch Fini into Zapdos, let Incineroar take the Water hit and U-turn into Metagross, and on the next turn Protect + Tailwind, and then Roost + Stomping Tantrum the Jolteon. This way, Metagross got Jolteon out of the way without taking much if any damage, Zapdos are Fini and healthy, and Incineroar is still available in the back for a switch-in later if necessary. Without U-turn, either Metagross has to tank a Water hit on the switch, or you're forced to keep Incineroar in until it goes down.

Hope this makes sense, good luck either way in your future attempts if you use the team again!

Requesting:Adamant Qwilfish
Deposited: Cutiefly, level 12, male, repeat ball
IGN: Alexander

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Oh, that Muk can be such a pain to deal with, I'm glad Zapdos pulled it off haha. A lot of the sets more commonly found before battle 40 rely on luck or taking people by surprise with unexpected moves, so that can be frustrating to go through at times!

Actually, Incineroar usually wants to move last when using U-turn, it's not really a replacement to hard switching. If something outspeeds and threatens Incineroar out and you have a safe switch-in, then hard switching is definitely the right thing to do. The biggest and most convenient use of U-turn is for those situations where you can use any of Incineroar's 3 attacks to KO an opponent because it's either already low or you're about to double it up with Fini as well. In those cases, being able to switch on the same turn as when you get the KO is more valuable than staying in (most of the time) because it means you now have Incineroar as an Intimidate + Fake Out switch-in in the future. Every occasion to cycle it in and out like this at no downside is likely to help the rest of the team.
The second best use would be for situations where Incineroar is threatened and you'd like to switch, but you don't have a safe switch-in because you're unsure of what will actually happen (eg. it could be a Rock move, or it could be a Fighting move that does a lot of damage to Metagross); in those cases, it's better to risk Incineroar than the backline, and often you'll be pleasantly surprised to see Incineroar survive anyway and U-turn for the the switch you wanted but couldn't risk. Or for example, if you're facing something like Jolteon + Kingdra: both Fini and Incineroar would like to switch to Zapdos there, but obviously it can't come in on both slots, and Metagross doesn't want to take a Water or Electric hit on the switch. So you can switch Fini into Zapdos, let Incineroar take the Water hit and U-turn into Metagross, and on the next turn Protect + Tailwind, and then Roost + Stomping Tantrum the Jolteon. This way, Metagross got Jolteon out of the way without taking much if any damage, Zapdos are Fini and healthy, and Incineroar is still available in the back for a switch-in later if necessary. Without U-turn, either Metagross has to tank a Water hit on the switch, or you're forced to keep Incineroar in until it goes down.

Hope this makes sense, good luck either way in your future attempts if you use the team again!
Eisen, thanks for the advice, this makes a lot of sense - I think it will help a lot with making better use of Incineroar. I don't think I was making enough use of how valuable it is on the switch in. In the meantime I have been playing with a team a bunch more and having a lot of fun with it. I hit 50 wins and now I have to decide if I want to keep going or experiment with another team. Do you happen to know if your Super doubles streak is preserved if you play another Tree format, say Super singles? Anyway, thanks again for making it so simple for people like me to try your team which you've put so much work into. :)

Re-deposit for (it did get sniped): Meganium

Edit: Wow, I checked and it got sniped again. Redeposited for a second time.

Request: Sylveon (Quiet/Pixillate)
Cutiefly: Lv 1, F, Premier ball

Last edited:
Thank you for the pokemon Eisenherz! I'd like to request two more please. :)

Pokémon requested: Mega Sharpedo adamant
Level and gender of the Cutiefly: level 1, male in a nestball

Pokémon requested: Togetic calm
Level and gender of the Cutiefly: level 1, female in a nest ball

Thank you in advance! :)

Last edited:
Pokémon requested: Articuno (HP Ground)
Level and gender of the Cutiefly: level 1, male in a Pokeball
IGN: Annine

Pokémon requested: Azelf (naive)
Level and gender of the Cutiefly: level 11, female in a ultra ball

Many Thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry Eisen, I might have mistaken the Waterium Z as the male gender on Gorebyss.

Pokemon deposited: Cutiefly, level 11, male, netball
Pokemon requested: Gorebyss
IGN: Rachel

Pokemon deposited: Cutiefly, level 11, male, net ball
Pokemon requested: Calm Dewgong
IGN: Yuechen

Last edited:
Pokémon requested: Aegislash (Shiny)
Level and gender of the Cutiefly: Level 9, female in a Nest Ball
IGN: Matthias

Thank you very much!

Last edited:

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Pokémon requested: Mega Gardevoir (S-Rank)
Level and gender of the Cutiefly: Level 1 Female
IGN: Elsa

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)