SS OU Choice Band Dracozolt HO

Hi everyone! Welcome to my first SS RMT. I decided to make a Hyper Offense team based around Choice Band Dracozolt. I've been changing around the Mons around the team for the past month or so and finally came up with this team. Please feel free to take this team and test it out (it will be nice to see lots of Mimikyu and Dracozolt for a change). Without further ado, let's take a look at the team:

Fossil's Revenge (Dracozolt) @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

The star of the team, I feel that Dracozolt has been underappreciated since the start of SS. The idea of this set is to outspeed slower foes and almost always OHKO them during the first turn. This set has a Jolly Nature to outspeed Modest Toxitricty and OHKO it with Earthquake. The fact that most defensive walls such as Pex and Ferrothorn have no speed investment is the reason why I decided to use a Choice Band instead of a choice scarf. Fire Fang downright annihilates Ferrothorn and other careless Steel Types. Outrage turns Dracozolt into a suicide lead meant to punch a hole in the team at the start of the game, allowing to OHKO unexpecting Seismitoad or Dracovish. Earthquake is to deal with Toxitricty and Pex, and Bolt Beak can KO Pex if it doesn't have Baneful Bunker, or other Flying Types.
Calcs: 252 Atk Choice Band Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 554-654 (182.2 - 215.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Dracozolt Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dracovish: 806-950 (251 - 295.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Hustle Dracozolt Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 24 Def Ferrothorn: 412-488 (117 - 138.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Hustle Dracozolt Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 218-258 (71.7 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Mimikins (Mimikyu) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Mimikyu, again, has also been underappreciated. Mimikyu's fantastic typing and ability make it a monstrous threat to Dragon Types and Fighting Types. Not to mention that Disguise let's you sponge up any attack for one turn. The set is pretty standard, LO maximizing damage while giving a wide array of choices. Shadow Claw and Play Rough are standard STAB Attacks, Shadow Sneak is to revenge kill, and Swords Dance is to Boost attack and destroy everything in it's path. Mimikyu is used to check opposing Ghost, Fighting and Dark Types.

Nyoom Nyoom (Dragapult) @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force

Dragapult is usually my wincon, and I bring him out late game to sweep weakened threats. Dragapult is an amazing Mon that has fantastic speed and attack, which is what earned it's place on this team. This set used to be the standard Choice Specs set, but that didn't really work so I switched to this set. I find it amazing, because I can bluff people into thinking that Pult is Choice locked. Sub is to make sure Corsola-G can't Strength-Sap it. Lefties used to Life Orb, until I decided to prioritize longevity over offense in case of stall teams. DD is to boost attack and outspeed everything (hence the name). Dragon Darts is pretty standard, again. Phantom Force is to break Protect, although Dragapult does have to watch out for Baneful Bunker from Pex.

Metal Sonic (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Scarfed Excadrill is to outspeed faster threats such as CB Cinderace who might try to Court Change hazards, or hit hard with Pyro Ball. Jolly Nature to outspeed Specs Pault, EQ and Iron Head are to destroy Fairy Types who might give Dracozolt or Dragapult a problem. Rapid Spin is to kick away hazards such as Toxic Spikes that will wear down and cripple my team, although Excadrill does have a hard time against Spinblockers such as Dragapult.

Wreck It Durr (Conkeldurr) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Def/ 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Mach Punch

Ever since I started making this team, I almost always died to SD Sucker Punch Bisharp, because of Mew and Dragapault's weaknesses to Dark Types. Frustrated, I turned to NP Lucario, but even that didn't work. Then, I saw Conkeldurr pop up on several teams. Ever since, I haven't been bothered by a single Bisharp once. Here are the calcs:
252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 456-540 (168.2 - 199.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 104 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 127-150 (33.6 - 39.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after burn damage

The EV Spread was my idea. Investment in HP and Defense make sure that Conkeldurr will survive a Spirit Break from Grimmsnarl and retaliate with Close Combat. I put in Fire Punch to deal with Air Balloon Spin Blockers that Excadrill couldn't deal with. I felt that Drain Punch was unnecessary because I needed more attack power. Fire Punch is to deal with Pesky Steel Types like Corvi and Ferro.

UwU (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere

Due to my team being incredibly weak to Mons such as Pex, which could stall out the game and cripple with toxic, I put in Mew. Mew is extremely effective because it taunts Mons such as Obstagoon and Pex by outspeeding them and eventually destroying them with a boosted Psychic or Aura Sphere. Synchronize is also a useful ability against Mons such as T-Wave Grimmsnarl, which gives them a taste of their own medicine, although it doesn't work when Pex uses Toxic...
Calcs: +2 252+ SpA Mew Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 396-468 (130.2 - 153.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Nasty Plot guarantees the OHKO of Pex and Obstagoon.

Overall, this is the result of trying over and over again, and I've actually come to quite like this team. I'm open to suggestions to make this team better, and your thoughts and opinions on this team.

Importable: https://pokepast.es/5db10d497fc0f507

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey. I agree Mimikyu is slept on, a lot of people forget how hard a +2 Shadow Sneak can be. That Mew set also looks like a pretty fun way to abuse Toxapex / Ferrothorn cores, too, and leading with a CB Dracozolt sounds... exciting.
However, I have a recommendations that I would suggest for your team:

:Conkeldurr: Fire Punch seems really redundant on Conkeldurr. I know one of the reasons you cite is to hit Air Balloon Spin-blockers, but that seems too particularly niche for a reason to run it, and, correct me if I'm mistaken, but I can't think of any Spin-blockers that would be particularly more threatened by Fire Punch than, say, Thunder Punch. It actually gives you an even worse match-up vs. Jellicent, a kinda popular one. Close Combat covers for Ferrothorn anyway and Thunder Punch hits Corviknight just as hard and it also hits Mandibuzz.

Hope this helps.

Hi, quite interesting team you have there.
I think it really needs some tweaks. First you desperately need some ground immunities, i would consider to swap mew and put gyarados, and you seek something that fits into a Hyper Offense alongside with being a reliable check for dragapult. I took a while thinking about it and i came up with screens grimmsnarl. This would relief opposing dragapult pressure + allow your own dragapult to set DDs more easily.
That being said i'd possibily chance band dracozolt. I'd possibly run neither choice band nor choice scarf dracozolt since, as long as dugtrio is still alive it can never click bolt beak without being revenge killed immediately later. Sub dracozolt would be more workful, but that's not mandatory, rather just my personal opinion therefore you're not forced to agree with me.
Good job overall, enjoyable team:]

what do you do for galarian corsola and getting rid of similar defensive pokemon without a lot of special attackers
Good Question... At first, Conkeldurr was replaced by Togekiss. Now, I resort to using Dragapault with Substitute. Substitute makes sure that Corsola can't get a good strength sap on Dragapault. A boosted Phantom Force should do the job ;) Anyways, Night Shade can't really destroy Sub in hit (or can it... I don't know), and with Lefties, Substitute can be used over and over. As for other Specially Defensive Mons such as Sylveon, Mimikins and Conkeldur do their job pretty well.

I like this team,hey by the way, are the eighth generation 3D Sprites already? those of dracozolt and dragapult I don't see them in the game.
My guess is that PS can't find the back facing sprites yet, so there's no point releasing them yet with the 3D sprites. Although yes, it would be super cool to see the new 3D sprites in PS.

Alright, heres my youtube video utilising your team, but I will give you a quick rundown in case you don't want to watch it:

Conkedurr really doesn't need fire punch, since you have close combat, which should destroy ferrothorn anyway. thunder punch also allows you to do some serious damage to mandibuzz, but fire punch is also an ok choice to. I just think that thunder punch would be more beneficial, in certain matchups.

mew sucks on this team, in my opinion. It barely has any chance to come in, and leftovers really doesnt help it either. I think a trick room hatterene would be a better choice! ( I would give you a set, but its standard lol)

You have no hazard control outside of locking yourself into rapid spin, which was never really a safe play. maybe defog on conk? Webs + dracovish destroys this team :(

Dragapults set puts in some serious work! I think that cursed body might be more beneficial for pokemon like corviknight for example. Once it loses brave bird, it cant touch you and you can dragon dance or sub for free.

Loved the team, its amazing! I just think it needs a little tweaking, and definitely a change from mew's set, or a completely different pokemon!

Here's the video in case anyone wants to see it:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)