Charizard Y

TC, I think you should put some more detail in your other options when you mention Air Slash. Jukain made good points, but it still stands that Fire Blast does more damage in the sun, so just saying it helps to take care of Mega Venusaur is a bit vague.

Also I thought Flame Charge would be added to other options

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
I think Timid should replace Mild as the second nature slash, with the ones augmenting Special Attack having a mention in set details. There are too many threats that Charizard needs to tie for him to afford to be Modest, and Timid is generally powerful enough anyway.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Talked to Dice -- Focus Blast + Roost >>> DPulse + EQ. The former combination should definitely be slashed first. I'm pretty sure you agreed to do this before, but I guess it never happened.

Is Earthquake really that necessary on Zard-Y though? Focus Blast still does plenty of damage on Heatran and you don't have to reduce your defenses to do so. It's not like Heatran can touch you outside of Ancient Power and Toxic, which aren't entirely common. Otherwise, I agree with what Jukain said.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Is Earthquake really that necessary on Zard-Y though? Focus Blast still does plenty of damage on Heatran and you don't have to reduce your defenses to do so. It's not like Heatran can touch you outside of Ancient Power and Toxic, which aren't entirely common. Otherwise, I agree with what Jukain said.
Wasn't that exactly what he said? you don't really EQ when you run FB this is why you can use roost instead, but if you run Earthquake it is better to use DPulse to cover more threats and be more of an all out attacking wall breaker.

I also think SMB is right that the speed boosting natures should be slashed and the others just get a mention 100 base speed is really good in this meta game and outspeeding things in general is much better than getting 10% more damage unless you get some extremely important KOs or are in a speed tier that isn't as crowded.

I was implying to remove it from the set and mention it in moves due to how specific and somewhat unnecessary it is.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just make the changes I mentioned in IRC and we're good. Maybe expand a little on Keldeo / Zard Y / Pursuit core and why it is effective.

(Though like someone mentioned on IRC I really thought it was one or the other and a Pursuit user. I have seen all three before though on a team).

QC Approved 1/3

Shouldn't the physical set at least be mentioned?

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Easily beating common switch ins such as the blobs and Heatran admittedly the Latis still beat you (although they are heavily dented by Flare Blitz) so pair Zard with a Pursuit trapper.

Shouldn't the physical set at least be mentioned?

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Easily beating common switch ins such as the blobs and Heatran admittedly the Latis still beat you (although they are heavily dented by Flare Blitz) so pair Zard with a Pursuit trapper.
It was shot down because it's pretty much only good for the blobs. Though it might get mentioned in OO. But this needs to get QCed one more time.

IMO, Solar Power is worth mentioning. It does more damage than before Mega-evolving, which could help against other Charizard, or if you're using a Sun team w/ Ninetales or Sunny Day users.

And this may be minor, but one time, before it mega-evolved I switched & Porygon2 because I thought it could take 2 hits & paralyze w/ Thunder Wave. But it traced Solar Power, and because of the recoil, Porygon2 couldn't survive the 2nd hit, so I couldn't paralyze it.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The only reason to possibly delay a Mega Evolution for Zard Y is because of sunlight being clipped in a short time. There honestly isn't a real reason to delay Zard Y from mega evolving.

The only reason to possibly delay a Mega Evolution for Zard Y is because of sunlight being clipped in a short time. There honestly isn't a real reason to delay Zard Y from mega evolving.
I can think of another reason. If the opponent has something with Chlorophyll, perhaps Venusaur before it Mega-evolves, it can outspeed you & put you to sleep.

Or if they have something with Moonlight/Synthesis, like Cresselia.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
I can think of another reason. If the opponent has something with Chlorophyll, perhaps Venusaur before it Mega-evolves, it can outspeed you & put you to sleep.

Or if they have something with Moonlight/Synthesis, like Cresselia.
Those are incredibly niche situations (especially the latter since Bisharp is commonly carried on Zard Y teams). And, if anything, helps solidify my point on Solar Power being crap anyway.

Oh, I just noticed this, and it is incredibly nitpicky and will probably get corrected later on anyway, but
- Dragon Pulse does allow you to beat Dragonite and Charizard X who can wall beat you if they carry Roost.
You probably should get rid of "beat" at the end.

EDIT: Also, "does allow" probably should be changed to "allows."

Nitpick man, away!

Politoed should really be mentioned in C+C esp now that SDef is main set

It can switch in, takes a pathetic 9.6 - 11.4% from fire blast w/ rain (less than 2 turns of leftovers lul)
It makes Solar Beam take a turn to charge (so its not even hit on the switch and even if you stay in it only does 29.1 - 34.3% and can be played around if you have Protect) and Focus Blast does less that Solar Beam and EQ does pitiful damage
Scald does a min of 70% in the rain back in return

In 'moves' Focus Blast is listed as coverage for Heatran and Ttar bit also the blobs, both of which take a pittance from it and are hit (slightly) harder by Fire Blast in the sun.

In 'moves' Focus Blast is listed as coverage for Heatran and Ttar bit also the blobs, both of which take a pittance from it and are hit (slightly) harder by Fire Blast in the sun.
Uh, Heatran is completely immune to Fire Blast, while Tyranitar's Sand Stream ruins the Sun. Also, Tyranitar takes quadruple damage from Focus Blast, and half from Fire Blast.

Uh, Heatran is completely immune to Fire Blast, while Tyranitar's Sand Stream ruins the Sun. Also, Tyranitar takes quadruple damage from Focus Blast, and half from Fire Blast.
I think what he's saying is that Heatran and Tyranitar are good mentions, but the blobs are not for the aforementioned reason that Fire Blast hits them harder (not to mention it's more accurate).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)