chaos needs help: IRC client

yeah I know it was just so you could visualize it either below or above

I just did it on paint as an idea proposal so it would be very easy to just take one out if you end up using my actual picture

Thanks kindly for keeping me in mind from before. It certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings if nothing came from the sly stuff...

Employment sees me with less free time, but if there's still space in this thread at the end of the week, I'll have something to contribute.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
Plenty of space. Everyone is encouraged to contribute; I haven't found anything I _love_ so far.

any size limits for the site one? (I don't want to make its proportions wierd so it looks funny resized)

EDIT: nvm. 300x300 it says. "banana vine" sounds wierd to me. maybe its because bananas don't grow on vines...

EDIT:
here, Even used a grape style vine since that's where the name comes from.

not sure If I like the text or not.I can change that though if necesary.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I just did some random doodles to get some ideas flowing, quite a bit of shit there so if you like any of it maybe someone could take it further. I'm no good at digital art, yet.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
any size limits for the site one? (I don't want to make its proportions wierd so it looks funny resized)

EDIT: nvm. 300x300 it says. "banana vine" sounds wierd to me. maybe its because bananas don't grow on vines...

EDIT:
here, Even used a grape style vine since that's where the name comes from.

not sure If I like the text or not.I can change that though if necesary.

That's too complicated, and the edges aren't clean.. Try to imagine that as a website logo, it would look awkward.

Note that 300x300 isn't a hard restriction, it's just an idea. It doesn't even have to be proportional to 300x300.

chaos

Owner
Also, I've decided I don't really like logos that try to do clever things with the text in relation to the picture. It looks awkward for website logos, and it is hard to scale down to icon size (remember there has to be a 16x16 logo as well, although this one can be dramatically simplified).

That's too complicated, and the edges aren't clean.. Try to imagine that as a website logo, it would look awkward.

Note that 300x300 isn't a hard restriction, it's just an idea. It doesn't even have to be proportional to 300x300.
here is a simpler version:

chaos

Owner
Here's mine, made on Illustrator for easy resizing

This is my favorite so far. As Steelicks said on IRC, it's colorful, bold, and simple. I think the "vine stem" is out of place however, how about the banana being loosely wrapped in some sort of vine? Of course, it shouldnt overtake the banana and should still look relatively simple.

here is a simpler version:

A huge improvement over your original!

icepick

she brings the rain
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Well here's the new one, hopefully fulfilling the changes you wanted.

And a 200x200 version

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
that looks good mate, real good =)

dragonsyth1 i think yours would benefit more from having more bold colours and some black outlines around the shapes and lettering... perhaps try to do a version liek that and see what you think of it

chaos

Owner
That's much better, now the tail of the vine doesn't stretch out and make the image really long. So far you have the winning entry, but I'd like to see what others have to offer as well.

My artistic abilities aren't as good as they used to be, but I just wanted to put up a concept for a logo that no one has put up, yet:

I just put this together real quick in Paint. The bananas are supposed to be phones while the vine is a phone line.

If anyone wants to build on this idea, by all means do so as this particular image just isn't up to snuff.

EDIT: It actually looks more like a banner than a logo, now that I think about it. It doesn't matter. I just wanted to put the idea out there.

Weird coincidence that we both thought up the same idea:

EDIT: I'm worried that if I tilt it horizontally, it'll look too much like a banner. I'll fool around with it some more tomorrow.

chaos

Owner
oh, I like that a lot too, Tracker. It'd be better if the logo wasn't diagonal - it'll take up less space. The great thing about icepick's 200x200 is that it makes excellent use of all the space allotted to it; there aren't any empty areas. If you dropped the "diagonal" aspect of it and made it a bit more compact I could see that being a serious contender.

Don't worry about adding text; I just want a logo design. I plan on putting text underneath it for the website and for the icons I don't plan on having text at all (which is why having blank areas is rather awkward)

How about this:that little grape looking thing holds onto the banana and the vine trails off to the right slightly or curls down. We could have two people talking, but I think the logo would be much more simple and eye catching if it was just one person "using" the banana. Of course, feel free to prove me wrong if you can make the two people idea work without making it diagonal or having it take up a lot of room.

addendum: thanks for all of your help guys! These logos are starting to look good :)

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
the two bananas being linked up to a vine is a great idea; it symbolizes both the name and the function of the program. that being said, as long as the logo is simple, bold, and is likely to be instantly recognizable (such as icepick's latest effort), such submissions would be ideal

Heres one I did in Paint to a similar style with the bananaphones.

Its a bit rough, but still along the same lines.

This is swing number one from me. Hurrah for things bright and shiny.

Logo without type.

Smaller versions to prove I'm not over-designing on you:

48x48

32x32

16x16

Sorry about the smallest versions... I'm sure they can be better.

Tip of the iceberg. More to come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)