Captain Falcon's Warstory...Short and VERY sweet

Wuh-oh, didn't realize we had a user named Captain Falcon. Sorry, didn't mean to steal your name...

So I was laddering a bit with my F-Zero themed team, which is actually made for Suspect test, but with Garchomp gone and all, I decided to go on regular ladder. I came face-to-face with a guy named noobiess, and it turned out that we both had a couple of very interesting Pokémon to bring to the table, and this would be quite a close battle.

Now, this might not be the closest battle you have ever seen. But it should be entertaining enough, I hope. Do leave a comment, please do.

Now, for the team of 6 of the best F-Zero racers there are.
(
)#30 – Black Shadow
(
)#06 – Pico (Leftovers)
(
)#01 – Mighty Gazelle
(
)#00 – Deathborn
(
)#07 – Captain Falcon
(
)#13 – Zoda (Leftovers)

Their opposition:

(Scizor and Blissey are holding Leftovers)

Lou Cypher's moves will be in Red
noobiess's moves will be in Blue

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause

noobiess sent out Smeargle.
Lou Cypher sent out Honchkrow.
noobiess switched in Scizor.
Honchkrow used Drill Peck.
Scizor lost 47% of its health.

---
So the battle starts, and Black Shadow, the Emperor of Brutality, stares down a Smeargle. Knowing that Smeargle tends to kick off with Spore, and with Honchkrow never sleeping (Or is he extraordinary lucky?), my opponent decides to switch out to Scizor. Drill Peck, not choiced, does more then I would have expected to do to a Scizor. Still, I want to save up my Krow for later, so…
---
Lou Cypher switched in Gliscor.
Scizor used Brick Break.
It's not very effective...
Gliscor lost 13% of its health.

---
I go to Pico, the notorious assassin. I use a Swords Dancer rather then the usual bulky set upper, yet it still does the job in stopping physical sweepers rather nicely. Worth of notice is that both Gliscor and Scizor carry leftovers.
---
noobiess switched in Tentacruel.
Gliscor used Swords Dance.
Gliscor attack was sharply raised.

---
Tentacruel comes in to play as I swords dance. He probably expected a supporter, which now leaves me in a good position to quake Tentacruel into a watery grave, and then perhaps passing the speed boost to another member.
---
Tentacruel used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 99% of its health.

Lou Cypher's Gliscor fainted.
---
Which…he doesn’t let happen. Now I know Cruels CAN be fast, but they don’t tend to be. Pico’s life ends crashing, and noobiess one-ups me. Hmm, not exactly what I hoped for.
---
Lou Cypher 5:6 noobiess
---
Lou Cypher switched in Metagross.
noobiess switched in Blissey.
Metagross used Agility.
Metagross’s speed was sharply raised.

---
I send in the mighty cyborg, Red Gazelle the Metagross. I press Agility, figuring Tentacruel ain’t liking that notion. Yet he switches to Blissey. I wonder what he’s pulling, perhaps a misclick on his part?
---
Metagross used Earthquake.
Blissey lost 48% of its health.
Metagross lost 10% of its health.

Blissey used Counter.
Metagross lost 90% of its health.

Lou Cypher's Metagross fainted.
---
…yeah, that’s what you get for arrogance people. Mighty Gazelle crashes faster as Pico did, and Blissey laughs at it. I hate that pink blob. So again, I get beaten out.
Blissey is here revealed to carry Leftovers.
---
Lou Cypher 4:6 noobiess
---
Lou Cypher switched in Tyranitar.
Tyranitar’s Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
Tyranitar used Dragon Dance.
Tyranitar’s attack was raised.
Tyranitar’s speed was raised.

Blissey used Softboiled.
Blissey’s HP was fully restored.
---
Deathborn comes in to play, knowing I face CounterBliss, I figure it isn’t running Thunder Wave. Taking that to my advantage, I dance up. As he softboils, I figure he will run, so…
---
noobiess switched in Scizor.
Tyranitar used Dragon Dance.
Tyranitar’s attack was raised.
Tyranitar’s speed was raised.

---
I take another Dragon Dance. Scizor comes in, but with him already having lost quite some health dealing with my other pilots, I doubt he’ll survive.
---
Tyranitar used Earthquake.
Scizor lost 71% of its health.

noobiess's Scizor fainted.
---
I like my moves 100% accurate, so indeed I go for the Quake, which, as I predicted, KO’s the metal bug. Nice try.
---
Lou Cypher 4:5 noobiess
---
noobiess switched in Gengar.
Tyranitar used Crunch.
It's super effective!
Gengar lost 100% of its health.

Gengar hung on using its Focus Sash!
Gengar used Focus Blast.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 100% of its health.

Lou Cypher's Tyranitar fainted.
Gengar is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Gengar lost 0% of its health.

noobiess's Gengar fainted.
---
A lot happens here, but to recap. Gengar comes in. Gengar gets a firm Crunch to the face, but laughs as it shows off a cool sash. It then plays the part of Fortune Gambler, having odds of 7 to 3 with Focus Blast, which works out for him. Deathborn bites the dust, but his backlash with the sand takes Gengar down as well. Good riddance, and he did get two kills, so I’m happy enough.
---
Lou Cypher 3:4 noobiess
---
Lou Cypher switched in Honchkrow.
Honchkrow used Sucker Punch.
But it failed!

Tentacruel used Rain Dance.
The sandstorm stopped.
Rain began to fall!

---
He sends back Tentacruel as the Black Shadow comes out to play again. I don’t like the odds, but I Sucker Punch anyway, wishing to scare off Tentacruel. However, it decides to set up some rain. Hmm.
Not sure what he’d do, I was in a pinch. He could attack with Tentacruel. While I do have a Focus Sash (Which he saved for me thanks to Rain Dance), it could cripple me beyond belief. However, it ensures I can get off a Drill Peck, and then Sucker Punch if required. So…
---
noobiess switched in Blissey.
A critical hit!
Blissey lost 75% of its health.

---
Well, that works I suppose. My Honchkrow IS a Super Luck poke after all, although I do debate on changing it to Insomnia for Bronzong and company. With that CH, Blissey is pretty much put out of commission. While I could use Pursuit, if Blissey does decide to hang around, it won’t KO. So I just go for the Drill Peck again, figuring that whatever he will do, it will hurt.
---
Blissey lost 31% of its health.

noobiess's Blissey fainted.
---
He decides to sacrifice the Pink Blob. Works for me.
---
Lou Cypher 3:3 noobiess
---
noobiess switched in Smeargle.
Smeargle used Endeavor.
Honchkrow lost 31% of its health.

A critical hit!
Smeargle lost 100% of its health.

Smeargle hung on using its Focus Sash!
---
Smeargle comes back, and it turns out its actually not a Spore setupper (Or maybe it is, I don’t know), but an Endeavor user. He probably expected me to be faster, but Honchkrow isn’t known for his speed. Smeargle hangs on to his Sash, but at least he did damage Honchkrow.
---
Honchkrow used Sucker Punch.
Smeargle lost 0% of its health.

noobiess's Smeargle fainted.
The rain stopped.
---
Smeargle tried to attack, probably endeavor again. This time, he’s out of luck, and I get my first lead in the game. I do not plan on relinquishing that lead.
---
Lou Cypher 3:2 noobiess
---
It's super effective!
Honchkrow lost 69% of its health.

Lou Cypher's Honchkrow fainted.
---
Tentacruel comes back to play. With the Rain gone, I actually supposed it would Dance again. However, I now figured that his Cruel was aimed at removing TSpikes/Sandstream/Hail, so that his Sash abusers could rampage freely. I Drill Pecked, but Cruel is faster and so, Black Shadow retires from the race as well.
---
Lou Cypher 2:2 noobiess
---
Lou Cypher switched in Aerodactyl.
Aerodactyl is exerting its pressure!

It's super effective!
Aerodactyl lost 64% of its health.

Aerodactyl used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Tentacruel lost 100% of its health.

noobiess's Tentacruel fainted.
---
And CAPTAAAAIN FALCON the Aerodactyl switches in. You know the pressure is on when the Captain hits the field.
Anyway, Tentacruel catches me off guard badly, using an Ice Beam before I can act. It’s obviously been Scarfed now. An odd gimmicky set, but it did screw me over a few times this battle already. Nice. Yet, it lacks the power needed, and so I get a lead again.
---
Lou Cypher 2:1 noobiess
---
noobiess switched in Starmie.
Lou Cypher switched in Cradily.
Starmie used Surf.
Cradily lost 31% of its health.

---
We both reveal our final pokes, and its my Zoda, the mad evil dude the Cradily, versus a Death Star. I switched because Aero is choiced, and I’m not too keen on relying on Quake to KO, knowing that Starmie can…
---
Starmie used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Cradily lost 51% of its health.

Cradily used Toxic.
Starmie was badly poisoned!
Starmie is hurt by poison!
Starmie lost 6% of its health.

---
Ice Beam, which hurts with the sand gone and all. I decide to Toxic it, just in case its Sashed as well. Cradily recovers some health from Lefties, but due to Surf, it’s gonna die now.
---
Starmie used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Cradily lost 17% of its health.

Lou Cypher's Cradily fainted.
Starmie is hurt by poison!
Starmie lost 12% of its health.

---
Zoda flies off course, and the Death Star gloats a bit. But poison is in its veins, and can it fight off CAPTAAAAIN FALCON?
---
Lou Cypher 1:1 noobiess
---
Lou Cypher switched in Aerodactyl.
Aerodactyl used Crunch.
It's super effective!
Starmie lost 82% of its health.

noobiess's Starmie fainted.
---
The answer: No, it can’t. I wasn’t 100% certain, to be perfectly honest. But it was a nice battle to me, and with Honchkrow and Tentacruel playing such odd roles, I felt this deserved this story. And a pokemon named Captain Falcon delivering the final blow equals awesome.

RECAP:
<
0:1

<
0:2

>
1:2

-
2:3

>
3:3

>
4:3

<
4:4

>
5:4

<
5:5

>
6:5

+ and –

+
Black Shadow, for getting a few KO’s and well, he’s pimp.
Deathborn, for getting me back in the match.
Captain Falcon, for cleaning up the remaining mess. Three cheers for the captain.
Zoda, for taking the blow he needed to take.
noobiess, for using a few interesting pokes with interesting sets. Particularly his Tetacruel.
No Dragons.
No Stealth Rock.
Aside from Honchkrow - Blissey, there was pretty much no real hax.

-
Pico, for being caught off guard badly.
Red Gazelle, for disgracing himself by falling to a pink whore.

All in all, this was one interesting battle to have, and I’d like to thank noobiess for making this possible. Cheers.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Definitely not bad. I actually enjoyed the creative side to this warstory, and your opponent's interesting movesets were pretty cool too.

Nice job imo.

Great warstory! The writing was fluid, the battle exciting, and the action enthralling. Although the prediction wasn't its selling point, it proved to be intense down to the final match up. Capt. Falcon sealing the deal had to be my favorite part of the match, while your use of Honchkrow also gets major props. The death tally was a nice touch at the end as well. I hope to see a few more warstories like this from you!

As a side note, I didn't ever bother to check that Tentacruel actually has 100 base speed until I read this match; I suppose most players sacrifice its speed to make it more bulky.

Yeah, the mother of all Falcon Punches. I have the full anime.

Definitely not bad. I actually enjoyed the creative side to this warstory, and your opponent's interesting movesets were pretty cool too.

Nice job imo.
Thanks. Creativiti is what makes warstories interesting to read.

Woohoo! Honchcrow did awesome this match...
He's a pimp.

Very good commentary, a nice warstory, a good battle.

Falcon CRUNCH!
Falcon Crunch...I think I'm gonna shout that out every time Aero uses Crunch.

Great warstory! The writing was fluid, the battle exciting, and the action enthralling. Although the prediction wasn't its selling point, it proved to be intense down to the final match up. Capt. Falcon sealing the deal had to be my favorite part of the match, while your use of Honchkrow also gets major props. The death tally was a nice touch at the end as well. I hope to see a few more warstories like this from you!

As a side note, I didn't ever bother to check that Tentacruel actually has 100 base speed until I read this match; I suppose most players sacrifice its speed to make it more bulky.
My prediction is indeed not the hottest around, as I'm a relatively average player. On the other hand, I'm pretty creative. So yeah, thanks for the props :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)