CAP Teambuilding Competition - Cycle 4[CAP 24 Special-Voting]

akaFila

butterscotch love
[Approved by cbrevan; Taken over from Arcade; Banner by MamOwOswine;
Concept & Elements pieced from other such projects - OU, UU, Mono]

Index & Rules -> Click Here!

:Cycle 4:
-Shiny New Toy-
To celebrate the recent completion of CAP 24, we'll be breaking in CAP's latest addition in Jumbao. Have you already built/planned out teams designed to showcase our lovely tree to get a jump on the competition? Curious how others are thinking to teambuild before exploring your own creative outlets? Want to flaunt your Bao squad creations? Here's the chance ~

Only requirement: Make use of Jumbao.

| Jumbao |

-
-
-
-

Submission Deadline: Friday - 5/25
Two-Day Voting Phase: Saturday & Sunday - 5/26 & 5/27

- - - - -​

Jumbao Information: CAP 24 Final Product

Typing: Grass/Fairy
Abilities: Drought/Trace
Stats: 92 HP / 63 Atk / 97 Def / 124 SpA / 104 SpD / 96 Spe
Height: 2.4m
Weight: 600kg

Last edited:

Dj Breloominati♬

born to play, forced to john
is a Top Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
One word - Jumbao DUNGEON WOMAN.

First off I started off with a core that covers jumbao's weaknesses [ also covered opposing jumbao ] so I went with standard CelesPex core. Primarily I did this for tspike, which widdles down the opponent to the point where my offensive core and wreck havoc.

[insert jumbao sprite(rip I didn't find one)

Next was what the team was around - the one and only Dungeon woman. It also helps againt MU the defensive core is weak against. I was happy with how the team was turning out so far - but I wanted it to stand apart from other teams using jumbao. I wanted to use its ability to the fullest - which gave me the idea of chlorophyll, leading to my next pick :^)

So here we have the surprise element - Venusaur. Its ability to clean up just leaves us in awe. Most people don't expect it coming and underestimates its strength. But special walls like chansey wall it [ to a certain extent ] so I needed a better way to beat such special walls [ sleep powder + growth isn't that effective :'( ] The next mon also had to be a fire resist since fire types like volk have a field day with the mons so far.

zygarde is just a perfect pick for this place. Its synergy with the team is just unbelievable, as it adds a valuable electric immunity[ stopping voltturn shenanigans to a certain extent] . I decided to leave the details of the set till I finish the rest of the team. Picking the last mon was so hard as so many mons look as if they fit with this team correctly on paper , but in game reveal their flaws. After many tries and errors I decided on a mmedi soft counter with hazard control.

Starmie is the best utility mon I could fit on here. Because of its psychic/water typing, it adds a much needed [ semi ] ice resist and also provides for hazard control. Onto the individual sets!!

1526804376105.png

Jumbao @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Healing Wish / Synthesis

Jumbao. The mon that's enjoying the spotlight rn. In this team I'm using it mainly as a sun setter and [potential] breaker. For moves I first went with its stabs. I also decided to go hp ground > flame burst as it works as an extremely efficient heatran lure. I prefer healing wish over shore up as my playstyle with this is to only bring this mon in at a stage where it + venu can clean. Extremely fun mon to use :3 Oh yea looking at the dd zyg spam [ with steel coverage ] , I originally had babiri berry on it which again is an amazing lure :)

1526805216662.png

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Recover
- Baneful Bunker

Amazing mon for what it does. Provides the team mainly with tspike and fire resistance. I was thinking bout running like toxic > baneful bunker to catch those flying types but after a few test runs baneful bunker proved much more effective and bailed me out of many situations. Calm nature prevents any need for investing evs.

1526805726803.png

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Here we have the mon that makes its way into most [if not all] of my teams. Celesteela is just so good ;) Forms a good core with pex and is my primary lele check. Mindgames with protect to opposing hjk is really important since a misplay can just be game - so be wary of that. Nothing much to say as its self-explanatory.

1526806005231.png

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Growth
- Sleep Powder

Here we have venu whos undoubtedly the star [ supported by jumbao ] on this team. Life orb beam hits sooo hard. Sleep powder + growth is the best support this mon could possibly have. Its one of the most underrated cleaners imo. No need to think or talk too much bout this - it will get you a kill even before you finish reading this ;)

1526806361939.png

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Rest
- Toxic
- Thousand Arrows

More underrated sets yay. But seriously this thing puts in soo much work. Performs soo many roles for this team. As I said before is the only electric immunity , nice fire resist , and most importantly it.. DECIMATES TRICK ROOM TEAMS. Like it can just switch between sub /toxic / thousand arrows and bam - you've chipped down your opponent to the point where grass core cleans up. Many many times have I beaten trick room one handedly with this mon [ or close to beating ;) ]. For last move I went with rest to provide longetivity [ helps against stall] Other set that could also work here is glare / filler > rest + 50% healing berry > leftovers. Overall this mon is definitely the glue of my team.

1526806786433.png

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 4 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
Here we have another weird set [ aren't we all lol ]. Speed is for creeping mmedi. Other than that its the standard defensive mie. Acts a semi ice resist and provides the team with hazard removal.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Recover
- Baneful Bunker

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Jumbao @ Heat Rock
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Healing Wish

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Growth
- Sleep Powder

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Rest
- Toxic
- Thousand Arrows

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 4 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Have fun!

Last edited:
[insert Jumb]

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 68 Def / 64 SpA / 12 SpD / 32 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Jumbao @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast
- Synthesis

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave

Revenankh @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

Tyranitar: This is my Sand setter for the team, pretty standard bulky Mega set which allows me to get rocks up safely most of the time, as well as Pursuit trap when necessary. I've got Stone Edge over EQ/Fire Punch so I can hit harder overall, though it comes with the risk of missing. Ice Beam can be used to OHKO non-bulky Lando and deal some damage to opposing Jumbao switching in. Tyranitar can deal with most Fire types well, which would otherwise be pretty good against this team.

Excadrill: Excadrill makes good use of Tyranitar's sand so it can quickly dispose of a lot of things. I've also got Rapid Spin to make life easier on Rotom and to preserve the part of my team that does not have good recovery options.

Jumbao: This is what it's all about, and for my team I tried to use it as an offensive support for the team. I've got Drought over Trace so I can reset Sand for Excadrill if needed, as well as to help Rotom break through certain Pokemon faster, most notably AV Magearna and Pyroak will both be 2HKO'd by Overheat under sun. Grassium Z is there to get a one-time nuke with Leaf Storm which will almost always 2HKO Toxapex, although Z-Synthesis will also reset Jumbao's stats so it can potentially use that instead if the situation is more favourable. I was considering Wish or Healing Wish over Synthesis but ultimately I think it's most important for Jumbao itself to stay alive.

Rotom-Heat: Scarf Rotom-H helps me deal with a variety of mons the team struggles with, such as Landorus , Heatran, Tomohawk, Toxapex and Celesteela. It also outspeeds a lot of Pokémon that aren't also Scarfed, including Ash-Greninja so it can revenge kill that if it's locked into a move that is not Water Shuriken. Additionally it can Trick setup sweepers and stally opponents to disrupt them and scout with fast Volt Switch.

Slowbro: Slowbro is here as a bulky physical wall which can deal with strong Fire- and Water type attacks. Special Defense EVs are given so that it will always live at least two Hydro Pump/Fire Blast from Specs Volkraken. Scald can fish for burns which would be helpful. Psychic is chosen over Psyshock so I can hit Tomohawk harder and ultimately beat it out. Slack Off is for reliable recovery, while Thunder Wave can be used to cripple faster threats such as Ash-Greninja, Tapu Lele and Mega Crucibelle.

Revenankh: Revenankh is here to provide a late-game sweeping option with Life Orb, Bulk Up and it's dual STAB priorities. Shadow Claw can do much more damage if Revenankh can survive a hit and it proves to be necessary. It can also switch into Fighting type attacks if necessary, though I try to preserve it as much as I can.

The aim of this team is to use both weathers to its advantage by allowing the team members to hit hard and pave the way for Revenankh to do its thing.

Last edited:
W9uF8ep.png

006-my.png
U0YVIi5.png
gqvvn0i.png
248.png
036.png

=== [gen7cap] Dual Screens Sun===

Jumbao @ Assault Vest
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Fake Out

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Solar Beam

Volkraken @ Waterium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Power Gem
- Scald

Tomohawk @ Leftover
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Clefable @ Light Clay
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Clefable:
Clefable is a Screens setter. It's pretty self-explanatory if you look at the moves, but basically:
1. Clef sets up dual screens
2. Uses Toxic on a sweeper to shut it down
3. Heals teammates with Heal Bell (ding)
Megazard Y:
Megazard Y is for setting Drought and making the most out of it. It can 2HKO most things with Fire Blast, and if it faces specially defensive mons it can still use one of its other moves or just switch. In other words, it's the offensive backbone of the team and sweeps teams easily.

Megazard Y calcs:(I'll put these in later)

Tomohawk:
Tomohawk is the Stealth Rocks setter of the team. It also spins away entry hazards, hazes those who set up on it, and it has Healing Wish for recovery (mainly for either Megazard or Ttar), All of which (except for rapid spin) get priority due to Prankster.
Volkraken:
Volkraken is the revenge killer/wallbreaker or just a mon to switch into when the situation for Jumbao is dire. It's specs allow it to defeat most mons, and (same with Megazard) 2HKO others. Except it has that one time nuke in Z-Hydro Pump.

Volkraken calcs: (I'll put these in later)
Tyranitar:
Ttar is the pokemon that forces switches and occasionally sweeps/revenge kills. Pursuit is good for trapping, while the other moves are mostly for coverage but Ice Beam is reserved for Landorus T. Ttar can also make a sandstorm and wear down the opponent's mons, while scarf makes it be able to sweep.
In the replay below it sweeps through my opponent's team so I'd say this is a good set. I think.
(Place of Honour)
JUMBAO:
Jumbao is the tank of this team and can barrage through teams while there is sun. I put fake out on it because it *does* wear down the opponent, while the other moves are pretty self-explanatory. In the replay, it defeats another Jumbao by itself. Also, it doesn't have Drought because Megazard does it for the team.

Jumbao calcs: (I'll put these in later)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7cap-750130172
This was from a tour in the CAP room. This is probably what the above notes in the 'Explanation' section were referring to.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7cap-751171889
and wtf Charizard sweeps without mega evolving
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7cap-752060024
And this is a good example of how my team should work (except where my zardY dies)

Give some constructive criticism! (And I mean this seriously I don't usually make good teams)
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So yeah, this is a thing, and yes, is is really good. I started using Jumbao stall, and in collaboration with HeavenJay came up with this atrocity of a team.

JayZ(ero) Stall

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp

Jumbao (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Shore Up
- Wish

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Coil
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Tomohawk @ Coba Berry
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Roost

This team really revolves around the core of Jumbao/Celesteela/Zygarde/Chansey, which together take on practically every threat in the metagame. Note that you have a lot of Wish support, so it's hard for anything to get worn down beyond repair. My original iteration of this team had ordinary SubCoil Zygarde and Toxapex > Mew, but Heaven Jay suggested Mew as a way to fit Heal Bell onto the team and counter Mega Medicham, which my team was very weak to. Still not perfect (no stall can be perfect), but good enough to climb a full hundred points higher on the ladder and sit comfortably at #1.

Last edited:
I started building this team around the core of heatran and jumbao. I first added MLatios because I wanted some offensive presence and Ican tell you this mon is awesome. Then, I chose pex+lando because I needed more answers for some mons and lando+pex give a very solid coverage and ground and electric inmunity and they can deal with Crucibelle. The glue of the team is Kitsunoh because syclant broke my team and I didn't have enough speed in the team.

Pd: I think this is probably the best Jumbao set because it resist a lot and gives huge support. Also, I'm trying this EVspread but I didn't make enough calcs so it is not sure to be like this

Jumbao @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Iron Tail

Arghonaut @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Circle Throw
- Recover
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 244 HP / 40 SpD / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave

Description: Fun little BO squad featuring WishTect offensive Jumbao supporting a DD ZardX and CB Zygarde core. Wish supports Zard in getting up a second sweep when it's worn down, and helps Jirachi tank more hits in the long run (in particular, absorbing hits from Crucibelle). The core of Argh + Zap checks most of the relevant meanies in the tier like Cawmodore, Hawlucha, Tomohawk and Volkraken. I considered Spikes on Argh to help my sweepers but it doesn't mesh well with Zapdos's frequent Defogs. Lastly, ZardX and Zygarde should help break through each other's checks through brute force.

Other options: A different Zygarde set is possible - in particular, Dragonium gives the team more breaking power, while Glare can provide much-needed additional speed control for such a slow squad. Jumbao's Z-crystal can be Fairium for a more powerful nuke, at the expense of your fighting coverage's accuracy (or just run Leftovers/EBelt if Zygarde's hogging the Z).

Replays:
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7cap-754386417 Loss, but showcases the utility of Jirachi + WishBao.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7cap-754374085 Win. I falter a bit when I realise my team can't 2HKO Gliscor without dying to its Toxic -- then I realise his Gliscor set can't touch Poison Heal!Trace Jumbao, and it's an easy victory from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)