CAP 5 CAP 5 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
<Alper> since i'm at 999 posts i'll trust one of you guys to do my concept art suggestions
<Alper> i suppose an idol (a concept used on claydol, based on clay dougu idols) fits a special rock type well
<Alper> perhaps a foo dog (arcanine used this concept too, but arcanine is not really lionish and not rock)
<Alper> or a sphinx

Sphinxes and Idols eh Alper? Sounds great to me!

Sorry for the size. Just another thing to mull over, because Sphinxes and Idols have "mystical powers".

I'am think about using orbs/broken orbs(kinda jagged) instead of Crystals and gems because it was getting boring.
i'll start one tonight....and hopefully get it up by saturday(because of school).

I think the idea of crystals and gems is great for this CAP. Just straight out "rocks" seem much more sturdy, and suited for physical. But the mystical and spiritual properties that come from crystals and gems imo are much more suited for something special based, when we're talking about rock Pokemon. There are many types of crystals and gems too, so the creative possibilities are there.

Anyhow thought I throw in some possible inspirational images:

Crystal Skulls

For those who don't know the legend of the crystal skulls, they were ancient skulls made out of different type of crystals that originated from the Mayan culture. However, even up to this date no one can actually replicate the same type of skulls. They're items that are unknown to man as to how exactly they were made. Some people think they were gifts from ETs and that when all brought together something will happen (also part of the passed down lore, and a possible inspiration of the dragon balls).
Currently they're scattered around South America and Mexico, they have never been all found.

I also remember Lexite saying that a Gargoyle creature might be cool.

Whenever I think of a Gargoyle Pokemon I think about Gliscor,

but that could just count as a giant bat/manticore. So a more Gargoyle/rock orientated Pokemon could be possible.
the gargoyle pokemon would be great instead of wings take it out and put crystals or pointed rock sticking out the back.

Wow, this thread is coming along nicely. When I first started pondering what would make a good special rock sweeper, I couldn't get past the gems idea. Luckily, this thread has inspired me through all of the great ideas so far. Idols, sphinxs, crystal skulls, gargoyles, and especially comets are all wonderful ideas.

I love the idea of a comet. It's unique, looks cool, and opens up so many movepool options. Draco Meteor, Meteor Mash, Cosmic Power, any Ice move, Wish, Comet Punch (hehe), Spacial Rend, Vacuum Wave, Tailwind, Doom Desire...I've gotten a bit off-topic, but you get the idea.

I Think something with crystals may fit well... but Scyclant alread have them. But i like the crystal idea

YourDeadGrandad that looks like a Pre-evo. I guess it has some potential though if you incorporate another idea?
So does Mew to some extent; just because it's simple doesn't mean it can't kick ass...

My problem with it is that the gray makes it look like it has steel armor.

I was just suggesting that he improve it. If you really think that has any chance of winning then that is pretty funny. It is a very nice drawing but just a little shit rock with a gem on it.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I was just suggesting that he improve it. If you really think that has any chance of winning then that is pretty funny. It is a very nice drawing but just a little shit rock with a gem on it.
No flaming in this thread. Blanket "If you don't have anything positive to say, shut the fuck up."

Actually I had something positive to say twice but w/e.
I was just giving some constructive criticism.

"it has some potential"
"it is a very nice drawing"

Blanket "If you have something wrong to say, shut the fuck up"

Eh, I don't think the concepts so far are "evolved" enough.
They seem too basic and weak to be some sort of amazing sweeper.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Hi, I'm from Chile and I have an Art for CAP 5.

Yeah, Rock type pokemon. The pokemon is like a Rock Statue from Easter Island called Tangata Manu, an idol bird-man, with no wings... so, he cannot fly....xD

It's another pokemon based on Easter Island culture [If you don't know, the other ones are Nosepass and Probopass].

I put several Gems to give "Special Power" to the pokemon. And, it looks like an ancient pokemon, so he can use AncientPower...xD

I have another concept, a Gargoyle type... so, I'll post it soon... I guess.

Sorry for the crappy English....u____u

Well, lets see what I can do. I first started this project half way through Pyroak so I'm going to shoot for at least entering some Art design. Here's the first one that came up.

Unfortunatly I don't have any fancy equipment and all that, so I'm stuck to pencil and paper.

So the base of this pokemon is a frog. Pretty common animal, but not one that you'd classify as a rock pokemon. Before you ask why I chose a frog, ask "Why not?"

The nose thing is a cannon. This allows us to give it as many or as little of the cannon moves, severely widening its movepool possibility.

To break-the-mold we're trying to stray away from the bulky defensive rock sterio-typing. Does this thing look at all bulky? To me, a frog is extremly frail and "squishy". Its also fast, needing to jump far and quickly. Plus, this thing can not possibly severly harm you in a physical way. It doesn't have claws, teeth, or anything else.

tennisace

Actually I had something positive to say twice but w/e.
I was just giving some constructive criticism.

"it has some potential"
"it is a very nice drawing"

Blanket "If you have something wrong to say, shut the fuck up"
diablojd05 said:
If you really think that has any chance of winning then that is pretty funny.
Don't start.

Hi, I'm from Chile and I have an Art for CAP 5.

Yeah, Rock type pokemon. The pokemon is like a Rock Statue from Easter Island called Tangata Manu, a idol bird-man, with no wings... so, he cannot fly....xD

It's another pokemon based on Easter Island culture [If you don't know, the others ones are Nosepass and Probopass].

I put several Gems to give "Special Power" to the pokemon. And, it looks like an ancient pokemon, so he can use AncientPower...xD

I have another concept, a Gargoyle type... so, I'll post it soon... I guess.

Sorry for the crappy English....u____u
You're English is fine.
I've seen native speakers with worse English than you.
I think I only counted two grammar mistakes:
a idol bird-man-"an" idol bird man, because you use an when the next worse starts with a vowel sound.
others ones-just "other ones"

On a much more topical note, I like your idea, and I like your drawing.
But it needs to be more Pokemon-like, it seems too much like a Digimon right now.

There are so many good posts! I like the frog and cheetahs, but the Easter-Island based one is by far my favorite. I really see that succeeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)