CAP 25 Prevo - Shiny Palette Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Shiny Palette Rules
  • Shiny palettes must be submitted as palette swaps of the winning sprite entry. No other modifications to the image may be made.
  • Colors in a shiny palette must have the same relative hue and brightness compared to the corresponding color on the original sprite.
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> light red
        • Dark blue -> dark red
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> white
        • Dark blue -> gray
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> gray
        • Dark blue -> black
      • Unacceptable:
        • Light blue -> dark green
        • Dark blue -> light green
      • Unacceptable:
        • Light blue -> light red
        • Dark blue -> dark green
      [*][*][*]
  • Images must be in PNG format.
  • Use 8-bit truecolor (aka 24-bit RGB) or less. This does NOT mean 256 color mode.

No more than three WIP shiny palettes can be posted by any individual person through the entire course of the submission thread.

Final Submission Post

All artists must make a final submission post conforming to the shiny palette rules (listed above) and the following:
  • The post must have "Final Submission" (in bold) as the first line, with the sprites at the top, and any additional description or comments (if applicable) below them.
  • The final submission image must be hosted on a reliable image hosting service (such as Imgur or puush). Do not use the forum's 'Upload a File' feature. Do not use the 'Attach a photo' tool on messaging apps (e.g. Discord). Do not use Iaza or Ezimba.
  • Only make one (1) final submission post.

Art Design:

Fawnifer

Elektrelk

--

Smogecko

Smoguana

--

Swirlpool

Coribalis

-----

You can submit as many pairs of front/back sprites as you want! You do not need to submit both base stage and mid stage for a single line. If you are planning on submitting multiple sets of shiny palettes, use one image per design and post all images in the same Final Submission post.

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

Fawnifer

Electrelk

Swirlpool

Coribalis

For Swirlpool and Coribalis I took the color scheme from Snaelstrom but with various brightness tweaks to fit Steph's great sprites. For Fawnifer and Electrelk I took the rough colours from Caribolt but reorganised them slightly. In the case of Fawnifer I decided to make the legs the woodier brown instead of the green parts, and gave the green a composite pinky red to represent the purple and orange parts of Caribolt's design. I did a similar thing with Electrelk although I used more of Caribolt's existing shiny sprite palette to use on the sprite although distributed in different parts.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Smokmodo pre-evo shinies! Nothing extraordinary here. Follows the same pattern as the final stage, just a little ashier.

Thanks to Cresselia92, Darquezze, ShunosaurusLii, Sunfished, and Zetasniper on Discord for helping with the decision. ^^

Last edited:
Final Submission

Smogecko

Smoguana

Fawnifer

Electrelk

My attempt at shiny palettes! For Smogecko and Smoguana, I tried to have a bit of progression, going from a lighter gray to darker as the line goes on. For Fawnifer and Electrelk, I sampled some of the colors from Caribolt's shiny and then just darkened up the legs a bit. Have no idea what to do for Swirlpool and Coribalis lol.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

Smogecko

Smoguana

I've finally decided to tackle this line too, I've followed a similar scheme to Smokomodo using sort of ashy grays for the main bodies and turning the red lava into orange with a white belly. I've decided to have them progressively darkenn similarly to the Smokomodo line. I also decided to have blue eyes and tongues.

Kaiju Bunny

♥・゚: * ̄(♡ㅅ♡❀) ̄
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Art Leader
Final Submission

Fawnifer

Elektrelk

Smogecko

Smoguana

Swirlpool

Coribalis

Tbh, I wanted to try these for fun, and this was the product c: For all sprites, I wanted to try and stay true to their final evolution shinies, but also was okay with making a couple of them a bit more bright color-wise to try and see it dull out over time until the final evo (most notably in the Smogecko line). In addition, for the most part, I took the colors from the existing shinies and messed around with colors without removing the shade/hue.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Didnt realise we had so many entries!

I'll give this another 48 hours or so, so if anyone else wants to get sprites subbed, get in there now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)