CAP 13 CAP 2 - Part 5 - Ability Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Competitive Ability
Immunity

Making a pokemon that can use any setup move, and has 120/85 offenses being immune to Paralysis or Phazing is, in my opinion, asking for trouble.

Immunity from Poision at least bolsters defensive sets significantly, and isn't a massive, massive boon to sweeping sets, although it is one.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Immunity
Suction Cups
No Competitive Ability

In my opinion, Limber seems too overpowered. Giving a Pokemon with access to any boosting move AND paralysis-freedom is frightful.

Limber
Immunity
No Competitive Ability
Suction Cups

Personally, I think Limber is a very strong choice for CAP 2 for a number of reasons. I genuinely think that blocking Thunder/bolt hax and Ferrothorn's Thunder Wave is important enough to merit the use of the ability. Outside of those two cases, the number of ways CAP 2 will get paralyzed is slim. That's what makes the ability both fair and valid on CAP 2. Outside of Limber, however, I think the defensive benefits of Immunity validate support sets that genuinely deserve the help. Beyond that, though, I don't really think CAP needs anything, hence my tertiary vote for NCA. After that, Suction Cups, because while I like it competitively, I just can't personally justify it over the other three options.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
No Competitive Ability

EDIT: Dunno if this was discussed in the discussion thread, but would Levitate do as an "uncompetitive ability"? It fits in with the ghost typing, seeing as most ghosts float, plus it already resists ground. Just an idea.

Immunity
Suction Cups
No Competitive Ability

I'm sure this was answered before somewhere, but I'd like to know - Will the CAP be given just the top ability voted on, or the top and it's runner-up? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall reading a suggestion implying that users of CAP 2 should be able to choose from an offensive and defensive ability (implying we give it a competitive ability, that is). If we are giving the CAP two competitive abilities, I'm in favor of doing this.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
No Competitive Ability

I'm glad we finally have this as an option for a CAP project...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)