CAP 13 CAP 2 - Part 2 - Typing Poll 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Poison / Dragon

Again, this typing is the perfect marriage of having a few key resistances that will allow for plenty of switch-ins and an effective offensive typing that can be stopped if necessary. In my opinion, picking Grass / Ghost is the easy way out. Dragon-typing is a MUCH more applicable typing to today's metagame; one of the most asked questions about the OU metagame is "which coverage options should I teach my Dragon-type Pokemon?" This CAP could directly answer that question, along with many others, thanks to Sketch.

Grass/Ghost

Just want to throw out that with Poison/Ghost, it doesn't have to have access to any Dragon move besides the Sketch'd one. Gen 1 Dragonite was mildly viable Gen 1 and even 2, even though it hardly had a way of exploiting it's typing offensively.

That being said, Spore+natural stat-up move on a bulky Poke is just as much of a concern.

Stereotypical, Ghosts have Calm Mind and sometimes Nasty Plot, and Grasses usually have Swords Dance. Stereotypically doesn't really apply to CAP, but the debate is going to be what Stat-Up moves it currently has.

Poison / Dragon

I honestly think that Grass / Ghost would not make a very good bulky attacker. I was thinking that we should focus on the most even spread possible to maximize the impact of Sketch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)