Candy Store

Kaiju Bunny

♥・゚: * ̄(♡ㅅ♡❀) ̄
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Art Leader
As a weekly weeb shopper I think even the local Japanese market is out of Ramune right now. Supply chain issues are a real bother. At least they still have Kirin Ichiban beer :)
Funny you should mention other drinks! We actually had received a single package of brown sugar milk bubble tea not too long ago (I'm guessing to make our soda case more er... International?). It didn't sell well at first, but once people realized we had it, it was like, a week tops that it completely sold out.
I had actually never had boba tea before, so ofc I bought one the same day we received them. I genuinely don't know what I was expecting lol. For some reason, I seemed to have forgotten that tea had caffeine in it and I ended up trying this at like 9pm. Insanely sweet. Almost way too sweet, but it grows on you. Surprisingly, it tasted just liked iced coffee to me, which was great for my coffee gremlin brain. I didn't even know the boba pearls were edible?? I tried one and it legit didn't have a flavor, and I would've had more, but then I read the pearls were literally nothing by carbs which... No thanks. Overall tho, would buy again uwu

How many Oompa Loompas do you have in your.... Employ? Indentured servitude? On as favors?
We keep the oompa loompas trapped in the back, they're not allowed out except for specific instances, but that's classified :)

This is the most heartwarming post I've seen on this website and it's making me grin ear-to-ear :psytear:

(Also can I please get a pic with as many different gummy varieties in it as possible? I could eat my body weight in gummies ngl)
W-We have 89 bins of gummies. As much as I'd like to share ALL of them, I think Smogon would have a stroke if I tried to put all of them in lmao. Was there anything in specific you were looking for? :o

Can you talk me through an ideal morning for the shop? If you're opening, what's your routine to open and what do you normally do while you open?

Edit: also given how much of a hopeless and absolute sanji simp you are, how much thought have you given to adding one piece related merch in the store

Last edited:

Kaiju Bunny

♥・゚: * ̄(♡ㅅ♡❀) ̄
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Art Leader
Nothing specific, just stand really far back and include as many bins as possible within the scope of your camera :)
I really need to learn to not forget simple things like this!! Expect as big a photo as I can muster tomorrow :blobwizard:

Can you talk me through an ideal morning for the shop? If you're opening, what's your routine to open and what do you normally do while you open?
Tbh, I open the store every day I work, so this is a hella easy question to answer. To keep things simple:
  • I arrive at work 20 minutes early despite always telling myself "ah jeez, I'm gonna be late"
  • After I'm in the store and I have the gate shut, I immediately open our soda case, turn on the truffle case lights, and restart our systems in case any updates need to happen
  • I immediately go out back and plop in our office chair and check both the store's and my personal emails for anything my team and/or I have to do for the day
  • I then finally take off my coat
  • I activate the registers
  • Count our safe for the morning
  • Tell myself not to eat any candy from the bins
    • I always end up failing this
  • I got out back and pretend to do more computer work, but I'm just reading manga for like 35 minutes
  • I put on make up
  • And then I turn on the store lights and begin the day
Sometimes if friends are actually awake when I am, I'll call them on my way to work and just annoy talk to 'em while I open, which is always nice as well.

edit: bro, the closest we'll ever get with One Piece merch is like... One Piece related candy ;~; which idt is even a thing?? Closest we'd get is having it be in one of our Japan Crave Boxes feelsbadman

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)