Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if a pokemon with pressure dies to stealth rocks and the opponent uses a move that would count for pressure, it would show it in the guide BUT not actually reduce it and it made me think they ran out of PP one move earlier and so it would be best to fix because it actually can effect gameplay outcomes

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8zu-1338603246 on Turn 67 it says -1 PP

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

Last edited by a moderator:

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Good day,

It appears that Metronome on PS is coded such that repeated uses of moves with charge turns have a consistent 1.2x damage boost (First hit treats the charge turn as a successful execution of the move, hence the hit is at 1.2x damage, however subsequent hits are also at 1.2x damage). Is this behavior, that is, the effective 1.2x damage cap, shown in game?

PS Replay to show context: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1339242107-rxzz9rvtkov1yaloivwcelw6fen96u7pw

BUG STATUS: FIXED by jmclemo6

There are a few bugs with both Magearna forms and their shiny's. First, in the builder, when selecting the shiny form for both, Normal incorrectly shows Original`s shiny instead of its own. Original is just blank.
Screenshot_20210516-154430_(1).png

In battle however, Original correctly shows its shiny form, but Normal uses its regular sprite instead of its shiny sprite.
Screenshot_20210516-154915_(1).png
This is how each should look like:
iror83yzwik41_(1).png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - SPRITE (DaWoblefet)

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
(unsure if these are bugs or not, sorry in advance)

new challenge system has a couple weird instances of alerting or not alerting you. in specific, it doesn't give an alert when someone sends you a challenge---it used to---but it now does give you an alert when a battle is accepted. this should be reversed imo because the former is much more important/relevant than the latter and the opening of a new battle window is generally enough of an alert to you to start fighting whoever you sent a challenge to

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel

I believe burn up should not display ??? typing if there is a secondary type on the pokemon

However, this was in a challenge cup 1v1 so maybe something happened here

DaWoblefet edit: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9customgame-2036864141

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER, the only bug here is the image file not loading correctly for ??? type when the client plays the animation for changing typing (DaWoblefet)

Attempting to load this: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/???.png
File should be this (notice the difference in the browser): https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/???.png

Attachments

When looking at abilities on the PS! dex no pokemon appear under the Pokemon with this ability header.
Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 10.57.06 PM.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER (DaWoblefet)

Edit (separate bug):
The mons shown in the VGC teambuilder seem to be identical to the ones shown in the DOU teambuilder currently, showing mythicals which you can't use in VGC.
Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 12.41.45 AM.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by KarthikVGC

Nowno

la frappe du quartier est approuvé ✅
1621341204219.png
1621341225799.png

" gen7ou " is considered a valid format for this command, but it will give any Pokemon in SS, with their tier in this gen, even if they are not OU.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see fart's response below

Hello!
When used in older generation random battles the /randbats command displays info about mega-forms, that aren't in the generation
Screenshot (113).png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika

Hello.

I noticed yesterday that when a user gets banned, their previously cleared message became visible to non-staff again.

11.png

22.png
By pressing the "9 lines from (banned person) hidden" button.

I also double checked from the staff member who removed the message from chat that they cleared it instead of hiding it. Not entirely sure here if this is a bug or i'm just completely wrong here.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

Hello!
I think that Bug Buzz text might be bugged (which is appropriate to the move tbh)
In generation 5 random battles the text says that the move bypasses substitute, but in battle it simply hits and break the sub (which i believe is the correct mechanic)
Screenshot (117).png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

I'm pretty sure this is not intended but the battle is on the left side when the tab is on the right side.
Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 2.58.34 PM.png

I edited to add a video recreating it. In case it isn't clear, I dragged the tab to the top right until the color became solid and then moved my mouse to the bottom right of the screen and let go.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Eggs

some days, you just can't get rid of an egg
Hi there,

I was running a tour with a 5 min autodq, and a user had been waiting significantly longer than that (~15 minutes) for their opponent to challenge them. Changing the autodq timer wasn't working, but then another user told me this:
Code:
Mow-Bile-Walrus: also
Mow-Bile-Walrus: there is a way to cheese the timer
Mow-Bile-Walrus: you select a slot in your team that has nothing and hit ready up or validate and it resets the timer
I tested this in a groupchat with a 1 minute autodq timer, and by validating a blank team and receiving the following error message:
Code:
Your team was rejected for the following reasons:
- This format requires you to use your own team.
- If you're not using a custom client, please report this as a bug.
It appears that the autodq timer was reset. We were able to get a tour with a 1 minute dq timer to take 3 minutes to dq a player by repeatedly validating blank teams.

timerreset.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

The /hidenext command isn't working for non ladder games, tested with Gen 8 Random Battle and VGC 2021 Series 9 and both times when a game was opened after using /hidenext it appeared under "Battles" without a private room URL.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT), I also decided to dig into this bug myself; the tl;dr is that the /hidenext command, when used manually, basically does almost nothing because the "Don't allow spectators" checkbox is overriding it. The easiest workaround to fix your issue is to just use that checkbox. (DaWoblefet)

On client, ticking the "Don't allow spectators" checkbox actually does nothing by itself - it only updates in conjunction with a battle request being sent to the server. When you toggle the checkbox initially to checked and challenge a user, a /hidenext request is sent prior to the challenge. The client then stores a hiddenNextBattle value of true, and that's why the password is added to the back of the URL. But because unchecking the box doesn't actually do anything by itself, in order to account for this, if there is a hiddenNextBattle value of true in app.user.get('settings') but the checkbox is unchecked, it is assumed that you just unchecked the box and so sends a /hidenext off request to the server before the challenge. The relevant logic here is on the client in client-mainmenu#adjustPrivacy.

One way to fix this would be to force the checkbox to instantly update the user's hiddenNextBattle settings instantly on clicking the checkbox. This might have undesirable behavior though; for example, you might check the box for a ladder game, not start the ladder game because you saw a friend send a challenge request, and accept the friend's challenge request with hiddenNextBattle true. The other way to fix this is to make the /hidenext command do nothing when typed manually by users. Either way, there's going to be some undesirable behavior.

Colteor

Free old gens in WCOP
is a Pre-Contributor
RoAPL Champion
Not sure if it's the same as this bug, apologies if it is. In this replay if you click next turn on turn 21, Eiscue's model remains dynamax size even though it just ran out. This doesn't happen if you let the replay play normally. Also, even if Eiscue's model is normal size, it displays as dynamax size when it faints for a split second.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by pyuk

When I try to validate my team it says " but this format does not restrict you to 510 EVs (If this was intentional, add exactly 1 to one of your EVs, which won't change its stats but will tell us that it wasn't a mistake). " I never got this before, and i am thinking it is a bug
Screenshot (1278).png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel

I’ve found a bug in gen4 when, if a Pokemon is sleeping, tricked a choice item, then clicks sleep talk, the move will not lose pp.

The first instance - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4randombattle-1346490272

The test for consistency- https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ubers-1346505723

If the Pokemon loses its choice item, then it will begin to lose pp, but if it’s tricked again, then the bug is occurs again.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) this is a known bug, also happens with Encore (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)