Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't 100% tell, but it seems that the negation for the boosts parameter in ms isn't working correctly.
There are two types of stat-boosting moves:
  • Status moves that boost the target's stats (usually yourself, except for some moves such as Decorate)
  • Moves that boost your stats if they hit (e.g. Power-up Punch)
However, there are three types of stat-lowering moves:
  • Status moves that lower the target's stats
  • Moves that deal damage and then lower the target's stats if they hit (e.g. Struggle Bug)
  • Moves that lower your stats if they hit (e.g. Hammer Arm)
This means that the lowers parameter has a larger pool of relevant moves to draw from.

Hello,

Just a slight bug in !showteam where the names of forme-Pokemon are all lower-case.

Marowak-Alola is one of many examples.

1598059834829.png

Thank you for your time as always,

Murad.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Mia

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucario

Eyes up, Guardian
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Sometimes, not all the time, when logging onto PS my name will be greyed up in the top right, even if I'm not /away or /busy. My name in the userlist, however, shows my name color and not grey. I would use /back but it says im already backed.
Screenshot_20200822-213631_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200822-213644_Chrome.jpg
BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1173868152
Ditto lost the speed boost from the choice scarf at turn 25 and 26, i’m confused
In that battle, you used Trick with Rotom-Wash and gave the opposing Necrozma-Dawn-Wings a Choice Scarf, so you lost the speed tie there.

As for Cinderace, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings's boost from Choice Scarf is not enough to be faster than Cinderace's 237 speed.

Necrozma-Dawn-Wings reached 229 speed, so you were slower.

For future reference, if you believe there's a bug, run it by the Help room and they'll evaluate your battle and assure you whether or not there is a bug.

- Aquaza.

Last edited:
In that battle, you used Trick with Rotom-Wash and gave the opposing Necrozma-Dawn-Wings a Choice Scarf, so you lost the speed tie there.

As for Cinderace, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings's boost from Choice Scarf is not enough to be faster than Cinderace's 237 speed.

Necrozma-Dawn-Wings reached 229 speed, so you were slower.

For future reference, if you believe there's a bug, run it by the Help room and they'll evaluate your battle and assure you whether or not there is a bug.

- Aquaza.
Thanks. Imposter copied exactly the stats of necrozma? So when showdown is showing that ditto have the speed of a level 84 necrozma, it actually has the speed of a level 72 necrozma? That’s weird.

Hey so this is more related to match making and im unsure if the trigger for it is very specific or if its a more general match-making bug.

Basically when switching from an account to another, showdown uses the elo from the previous account for match-making for a while of time( ive had it active for 1-2 games, then it goes back to normal). This glitched happened every time I switched account and I must've switch 2-3 times.

When match-making with the incorrect elo, the game will pair you up with someone that would be appropriate for the previous account. (ex: I played ppl in 1300 with my 1000 account on the gen 5 ou ladder, which Is what I would normally get with my account in 1400, admittedly I could've been lucky/unlucky for this)

What makes me suspect that this is a really a bug is that when hovering my avatar, the game clearly displays the incorrect elo, which is what makes me think its using the wrong value.

Interestingly, after winning a game, both scores( the one from hovering my avatar and the elo score I have by clicking on my user name) went up by the amount they would've gone up.

Ex: im on papillon 1(1000) elos and decide that I want to play on papillon 2(1400 elos), even tho im on papillon 2, hovering on my avatar says I'm at 1000 elos and my opponent is also at 1000. After winning and going into the next game, hovering my avatar puts me at 1040, and the table I get from clicking on my username tells me im at 1405.

Hopefully Its clear lol, also I was told by the help room that I could post this here even if its not mechanic related.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER (DaWoblefet)

pants

*dies inconveniently*
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kinda hard to tell, but I don't think /ms7 (or any gen from what I can tell) is working properly. It doesn't seem to include Gen 8 moves from the learnset (like Body Press and Life Dew aren't in the screenshot below), but it does display moves that the mon definitely didn't get in that generation but does now (such as Sparkling Aria).

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER); it's not a bug that moves like Life Dew or Body Press don't show up in /ms7, as those moves didn't exist there (and they do show up in /ms8 Lapras or /ms Lapras); however, the Sparkling Aria appearing in Lapras Gen 7 learnset is a bug. (DaWoblefet).

Gastrodon-East apparently can't learn eq for gen7 OU although normal gastro can, despite the fact that they both have the same learnsets.

Edit: Also says same thing for gens 4-6

BUG STATUS: FIXED by The Immortal

Attachments

In the replay section, one of the Featured replays, the one marked"an unlikely victory with an unusual alakazam set" seems to be broken. When you tries to watch it, lots of error messages appear.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/exeggutorboldalakazam
QQ截图20200825200800.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER, this is an extremely old replay which looks like it's just broken due to the passing of time (DaWoblefet)

It seems like some Pokemon formes got their Poke Dex colors changed again with the introduction of Pokemon HOME. All of them aren't in the Galar dex and are cosmetic formes, so it's not a high priority. These are the Deerling, Burmy, and Vivillon formes.
I haven't confirmed this myself having gotten it from Bulbapedia (https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_color#Changes), but hopefully someone else can look into it (I'm asking a few people myself, since I don't have HOME).

As a side note, it also seems like Vivillon-Pokeball and Vivillon-Fancy haven't had their color changed on PS! from the Gen 6 to Gen 7 change where all Vivillon formes got changed from black to white. I can't confirm this either, but it's probably less of a gray area when considering whether or not to change a Pokemon's color on PS since it was in an actual game instead of a utility or whatnot.

EDIT: Never mind, this should suffice as proof. I downloaded the mobile app. I don't have the formes themselves, but three Vivillon show up as "Vivillon" with the color "Blue," which corroborates the data on Bulbapedia.
1598382613950.png
1598382644590.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER), ideally, we would need a list of Gen 8 Pokemon colors to properly do a mass update. I assume Sword/Shield themselves don't store that data anymore or else it was just ignored when we updated for Gen 8 (DaWoblefet).

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Bug with Copycat and Future Sight: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1175435161

Turn 27, Slowking uses Future Sight -> Dragon Tail, which makes Dragon Tail the most recently used move. Only switches occurred after that point. Copycat then called Future Sight (maybe treating the damage turn as part of the move ?) when it should have "But it failed!".

BUG STATUS: FIXED by aviettran

Last edited:
Tooltips with Sticky Barb are broken. As you can see in this replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1175502504-egyllyehazt8bctybnbqi5dagohrffopw

Starting at turn 19, Toxapex gives its sticky barb to Pelipper. As both users know for certain that 1. pelipper has no item and 2. toxapex has a sticky barb, the tooltips ought to update to reflect this, but they don't. This + the fact that the barb was quickly transferred back the same way led to some confusion on why Toxapex wasn't taking sticky barb damage a couple of turns.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Although the "gmax" flag exists (it does not pull up an error), trying to search moves with it will pull up... nothing. I'm not sure if this is because it hasn't been added to any moves, or some other issue.

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 11.36.20 AM.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus

This is definitely off

Rach

Banned deucer.
Hello! There seems to be an issue with the "Automatically start timer" option (https://prnt.sc/u6op7h) in the Battle Settings. Rather than only starting the timer in battles I'm playing, it also tries to start the timer in battles I join to spectate as well (https://prnt.sc/u6onst). I also received this message, which I'm not sure how I triggered (https://prnt.sc/u6oo3h).

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika

The Normal, Bug, Dark, Electric, Fire, Ghost, Psychic, Rock, and Water type icons are using the Gen 5 sprites, while the Dragon, Fairy, Fighting, Flying, Grass, Ground, Ice, Poison, and Steel type icons are using gen 4 sprites. Also all the move category icons are using the gen 5 instead of 4.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, your images just need recached; you can do this by revisiting the type sprite pages individually and hard refreshing (CTRL + F5) or just waiting for it to recache on its own (Kris)

Aegislash changing forms resets the changes to its speed caused by Speed Swap. Ribombee (Speed 193) uses Speed Swap on Aegislash (Speed 89). The Aegislash uses Shadow Ball, changing to Blade Forme and outspeeding Kangaskhan (Speed 110). The Aegislash uses King's Shield, changing to Shield Forme. Then, on the following turn it uses Steel Beam, changing back into Blade Forme. However, The Kangaskhan now outspeeds the Aegislash.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1176744853-7nwj55d7v51umkjao0pgh1y1zlnc1w9pw

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see DrPumpkinz's explanation below

Aegislash changing forms resets the changes to its speed caused by Speed Swap. Ribombee (Speed 193) uses Speed Swap on Aegislash (Speed 89). The Aegislash uses Shadow Ball, changing to Blade Forme and outspeeding Kangaskhan (Speed 110). The Aegislash uses King's Shield, changing to Shield Forme. Then, on the following turn it uses Steel Beam, changing back into Blade Forme. However, The Kangaskhan now outspeeds the Aegislash.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1176744853-7nwj55d7v51umkjao0pgh1y1zlnc1w9pw
That's just how form changes work. They basically destroy your Pokemon and replace it with the new form. Even if something appears to not change between forms (like Aegislash's speed) the old is still replaced with the new. It's also why they will undo other things like Soak's type change.

From Bulbapedia on Magic Bounce: "Magic Bounce cannot reflect a move if the Pokémon with Magic Bounce is immune to it due to its type or species (e.g. a Ground-type Pokémon targeted by Thunder Wave, or Dugtrio targeted by Telekinesis)"

I tried testing Thunder Wave against a Hippowdon with Magic Bounce and it still reflected. Same with Toxic against a Poison and a Steel type.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1176794124

Also tried Telekinesis on Magic Bounce Dugtrio and it reflected.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1176797685

I'm not sure if any Gen 8 mons with Magic Bounce are immune to status moves, so you'll probably need to Skill Swap to test it on cartridge.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, as of at least Gen 7 Magic Coat / Magic Bounce are before the type immunity check, see research. The Telekinesis bug is irrelevant because 1) it was axed in Gen 8 and 2) in Gen 7 it had the behavior the Showdown replay does, see research. (DaWoblefet)

Hey I was playing in showdown and a weird glitch happened.
I was using zoroark and weezing, and the neutralizing gas did not turn off the illusion, even though it does in cartridge. Furthermore, when my opponent hit my zoroark the illusion did not fade, and it said my haxorus died. If you swap sides, it says that many of my Pokémon randomly die.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1176554873

Replays are no longer opening when I click the link after battle (Firefox).
2020-08-28-06.12.41PM_WFTQV00AU2.gif
EDIT: "1 users" should be "1 user".

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (the "should open in a new tab" thing) (DaWoblefet)
BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika (the "1 users" thing)

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
It seems like some Pokemon formes got their Poke Dex colors changed again with the introduction of Pokemon HOME. All of them aren't in the Galar dex and are cosmetic formes, so it's not a high priority. These are the Deerling, Burmy, and Vivillon formes.
I’ve noticed this as well, but it’s not a matter of HOME changes, its constant among all purely non-functional alternate forms. In addition to Deerling, Burmy, and Vivillon, it’s also incorrect for forms of Shellos, Gastrodon, Alcremie, and Minior (besides Minior-Meteor). The only functionally different forms that are incorrect are Vivillon-Pokeball and Vivillon-Fancy, which you’ve already brought up.

Also, EXTREMELY minor bug that I’ll throw out there because I’m posting anyways: The OM Trademarked has “Trademark” as an alt in /om and /tier, but using that alt only shows the banlist/ruleset and not the description.
edit: not a bug

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)