Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you by chance have a replay or screenshot of it? Replays and screenshots makes it a lot easier to study what exactly happened and why it did happen. It sounds like a minor display bug, if anything. As the Psychic Terrain from Lele would still be up, as you can't overwrite a terrain effect with an ability or move of the same terrain that's already out being triggered, and I don't see why the defense of Tapu Lele wouldn't be doubled by Fur Coat.
Now I try to replicate it, and the stats preview does not show the defence doubled.

This is the Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-575733914;

In this screen Persian-Alola after Skill Swap, this is only a minor bug "(Base: )"

Screen.png

In this Screen Tapu Lele after Skill Swap... Show Still Psychic Surge and the def after modifiers is still 95.
Screen2.png

In this Screen normal Fur Coat show. Maybe useless this one.
Screen3.png

Attachments

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for taking the time to put in the effort to replicate and get screenshots and replay, decided to test it myself and I see what you mean. The abilities seem to come into play correctly though, as seen in this replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-575796817 (Turn 1: Gyarados deals about 40% to Tapu Lele before Skill swap, turn 2: Gyarados deals about 20% to tapu lele after skill swap). It doesn't show Fur Coat taking effect on the stat preview, because Fur Coat isn't revealed to the opponent, so the opponent wouldn't know that Tapu Lele had Fur Coat at that moment.
(Note that skill swap doesn't reveal abilities when it's used on a partner in doubles, that's how it's supposed to work)

Though you should always be able to see what ability your Pokemon currently have, even after a skill swap in Sun/Moon. As you can see that by clicking your Pokemon's icon on the lower screen. So I suppose the stat preview would be more accurate to how its shown in-game if the Ability at the top would always show what ability you currently have, while it's more OK if the ability under "opponent sees:" is as little revealing as it is at the moment, depending on which abilities were revealed and not.

BTW, the link in your post leads to a 404 error, because there's a ; at the end of the link

Thanks for taking the time to put in the effort to replicate and get screenshots and replay, decided to test it myself and I see what you mean. The abilities seem to come into play correctly though, as seen in this replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-575796817 (Turn 1: Gyarados deals about 40% to Tapu Lele before Skill swap, turn 2: Gyarados deals about 20% to tapu lele after skill swap). It doesn't show Fur Coat taking effect on the stat preview, because Fur Coat isn't revealed to the opponent, so the opponent wouldn't know that Tapu Lele had Fur Coat at that moment.
(Note that skill swap doesn't reveal abilities when it's used on a partner in doubles, that's how it's supposed to work)

Though you should always be able to see what ability your Pokemon currently have, even after a skill swap in Sun/Moon. As you can see that by clicking your Pokemon's icon on the lower screen. So I suppose the stat preview would be more accurate to how its shown in-game if the Ability at the top would always show what ability you currently have, while it's more OK if the ability under "opponent sees:" is as little revealing as it is at the moment, depending on which abilities were revealed and not.

BTW, the link in your post leads to a 404 error, because there's a ; at the end of the link
Thanks, then it works but doesnt show the correct ability? Maybe it does'nt work even with a second skill swap?

A mild legality issue I found was that apparently Teleport and Flare Blitz is legal on Arcanine, when it isn't. Arcanine only learns Flare Blitz either from breeding (no-go in gen 1) or by prior evolution (Flare Blitz doesn't exist in RBY, and Growlithe can't learn Teleport but Arcanine can).

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Regarding Z-Status moves and Disable.
Probably a minor inconsistency with in-game, but an inconsistency nonetheless.

On Pokemon Showdown: When using Disable on a Pokemon after they've used a Z-Status move (like Z-Toxic), the status move becomes disabled.
PS! demonstration: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-565196549

In-Game: When using disabe on a Pokemon after they've used a Z-Status move (like Z-Toxic), Disable fails.
Battle Video evidence: P5ZW-WWWW-WWW6-L8FS

As seen in the screenshot above, OR/AS Tutor moves on Power Construct Zygarde is considered illegal by Pokemon Showdown, however, I found out not too long ago, that it is actually legal for Zygarde to have both OR/AS Tutor moves and Power Construct.
A Zygarde that is caught in X/Y can be transferred to OR/AS and then learn the moves it wants to learn there, and then it can be transferred to S/M. Of course the Zygarde will have Aura Break when it is first transferred, but it is possible to change the ability of Zygarde from Aura Break to Power Construct once transferred. If you have collected all 100 Cells and have 50 or more usable cells in the Zygarde cube, you can assemble a Zygarde from the one with OR/AS Tutor moves and the 50 cells from the Cube to upgrade the Zygarde to a Power Construct one, where it'll keep its moveset, nature, IVs, etc.

I know Battle spot isn't exactly the most trustworthy place to show what's legal and not, but here's a battle with a Power Construct Zygarde that knows iron tail on a Battle Spot Free Battle anyway: V8VG-WWWW-WWW6-LHS6

So what does this mean for Zygarde's compatibility with OR/AS Tutor moves as a whole? Well here's an overview:
Zygarde 50% Aura Break: Legal with OR/AS tutor moves and TMs
Zygarde 50% Power Construct: Legal with OR/AS tutor moves and TMs
Zygarde 10% Aura Break: only Legal with S/M Level up moves, TM and tutors
Zygarde 10% Power Construct: Legal with OR/AS tutor moves and TMs

Note: Zygarde 10% Aura Break is not legal with OR/AS Tutor and TMs, because unless you upgrade it to Power Construct, you can only upgrade a Zygarde 10% with to the 50% form, not the other way around. Zygarde 10% with Power Construct is legal with Tutor moves, because the Zygarde Cube allows you to switch between the 50% and 10% form of a Power Construct Zygarde at will, outside battles.

Edit: I've seen something similar posts about Zygarde and Tutor moves before, but I'm not sure if they made this clear. Also, I forgot to mention that it's impossible to chance a Zygarde with Power Construct back to Aura Break, so that's not a method that could be used to get a Zygarde 10% with OR/AS Tutor moves.
Re-posting, since it's been a while since they were posted, and I noticed that they're still present on the simulator. If battle videos aren't an acceptable form of evidence any more, I could provide recorded footage of the in-game demonstration if necessary.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
On the mobile app, brave bird does not work at all. Tapping it just gives "bug captured" and does nothing else.
We don't mantain the app, thats created by someone else. If this issue is occuring on a mobile browser though that is our issue.

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Not a major issue, but /dt seems to be glitched, saying the error message regardless on whether you wrote correctly the Pokémon's/item's name or not.

(edit: fixed)

Last edited:
Not a major issue, but /dt seems to be glitched, saying the error message regardless on whether you wrote correctly the Pokémon's/item's name or not.
You may remember the previous /dt glitch whereby it thought cn was a mistyping of cm but then failed to tell you the details of Calm Mind; this was originally worked around by telling you that cn was a mistyping of Calm Mind. The proper fix for that came in two three parts which weren't all made active at the same time, giving rise to the output you saw.

cabforpitt I can reproduce your bug. It occurs because you ran out of Leaf Storm PP before attempting to use Z-Dragon Pulse.

Here I have a Psychium-Z Phantump with the following moves (note Nature Power is out of PP):

When I select the Z Move option, I get the following prompt:

Attempting to use any of the Z Moves results in these error messages:

So this is definitely a bug, let's hope it gets resolved.

I'd like to bring up another potential bug regarding the interaction between Imprison and Z Moves. Normally, when a move is disabled by Imprison, the Showdown client will disable it as follows:
Here I have a Roserade that is being Imprisoned by the Phantump set above. Before selecting your moves, it looks like this:
If you try to select an illegal move, the client will tell you so:
And your move select screen looks like this:

with the selected move grayed out and unclickable.

However, you are still able to select the Z Move for an imprisoned move, and it does not use any PP, nor does it waste your Z-move:
Since I am Normalium-Z on Roserade, clicking the Use Z Move button yields this prompt:
Attempting to actually use the imprisoned Z-Nature Power lets you resolve the attack, but the move will do nothing and result in no loss of PP:

This can be done for multiple turns in a row:

I'm not sure this is a bug or if this is the actual in-game behavior of the move, but it is definitely odd

Last edited:
Somethings wrong with weather.

My ferro got affected by Sandstorm (so did the opponenents) and on the next game Hail was hitting ice Mons.

Cuatro Quattro they only fail when the user has a choice item.

Since today, when facing a Gengar in BH without Shadow Tag, the message "you might be trapped" is always displayed, which is quite confusing, as it should only be there when the pokemon has in fact a trapping ability.
gengarbug.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)