Other Metagames Bronze to Gold- A 1v1 Rmt (Peaked 1710, #8)

1541624913034.png
1541624962601.png
1541624980609.png

Hello one and all, and welcome to my RMT. Today I wish to share with you the team that has taken me through the ladder, and has brought great success. This team is quite unusual, but I feel it works just as well if not better than many standard teams. Lets get into it, shall we?

Teambuilding Process:

1541612165567.png
1541613400749.png

I chose Carracosta as my starting Pokemon. I was curious on the actual difference in viability between Vr tiers, and I originally intended to try a full-sturdy team as a joke. This lead me to Carracosta, as it is otherwise used rarely and currently C+ on the Vr.

1541613425077.png
1541613457244.png
1541613462341.png

Following the trend of an all Sturdy team, I proceeded to go with Skarmory. This was a mixed bag. on one hand, it's typing and itself was great, but on the other hand, other than it's typing, it synergized horribly with Carracosta. This lead me away from it and an all-sturdy team, and proceeded to go with another steel-flying type.

1541613478710.png
1541613579369.png
1541613593320.png

(for the love of god why can't I get this Celesteela sprite to line up)

This lead me to Celesteela. I tried out it's leech stall set, but personally feel other pokemon did it better. So I went with the rarely used choice specs set, and it worked great, and it let this team start to take off in the testing phase, and completed a very nice core between the 2. However, the core had it's fair share of problems, but that's where the 3rd Pokemon comes into play

1541615052213.png
1541615081206.png

After a bunch of 3rd member changes, which involved writing up an entire vr matchup chart and getting help from the 1v1 discord and room, I settled on kee berry mew. It stalls out and beats the Pokemon that threaten this core, along providing insurance for possible cteaming and niche sets that can take the core by surprise.

The Team:

1541615288661.png

Carracosta @ Rockium Z
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Aqua Jet
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Carracostcoa is the centerpoint of this team, and is strongly underrated in this metagame. Set is fairly self explanatory. Shell Smash is the best boosting move in 1v1, and Carracosta uses it to the fullest by letting it boost both it's attack and speed to titanic and good levels, respectively. aqua jet provides good priority, letting your pick off threats that you can't ohko, such as Magnezone. Earthquake provides Carracosta with the good edgequake combo, and lets it hit threats that resist rock. Stone edge, boosted by Rockium, gives Carracosta a nuke that lets it ohko many threats, and send others that don't into aqua jet range.

1541616527832.png

Celesteela @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Air Slash

Specs Celesteela Rounds out the core of this team, and is also an amazing lure for people predicting leech seed stall. The set is fairly self explanatory. flash cannon is your default attack, providing you with damage when nothing else you have is supereffective, such a Dragonite. Fire blast lets your lure out steels and grass types, and slam them. Energy ball lets you beat Pokemon like Primarina and Swampert. Air Slash Provides secondary stab, letting you beat pokemon like Mega Venusaur. ev's are to tank special hits from the likes of Primarina and Aegislash while still letting it tank physical hits, and the speed ev's are to let it outspeed other Celesteela's.

1541616609032.png

Mew @ Kee Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Amnesia

Kee Berry Mew is the glue of this team, letting the team beat things it otherwise wouldn't be able, such as Heatran and some mega Gyarados sets. Taunt gives mew a way keep opponents from setting up and blocks status, which is crucial. Will-O-Wisp makes mew the ultimate physical tank, providing many of it's crucial matchups such as gyarados. And it also, of course, provides mew with the way to slowly chip your opponent down. Roost provides good recovery, which is obviously a necessity. Amenisa lets it beat many special threats that this team otherwise loses against, such as Heatran.

Untitled drawing.png

Well, that's my RMT. Feedback would be greatly appreciated, And I hope you find success in 1v1, whether with this team or not!

Carracosta @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Aqua Jet
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Air Slash

Mew @ Kee Berry
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Amnesia

Attachments

Last edited:

View attachment 144822View attachment 144823View attachment 144824

Hello one and all, and welcome to my RMT. Today I wish to share with you the team that has taken me through the ladder, and has brought great success. This team is quite unusual, but I feel it works just as well if not better than many standard teams. Lets get into it, shall we?

Teambuilding Process:

View attachment 144798 View attachment 144800

I chose Carracosta as my starting Pokemon. I was curious on the actual difference in viability between Vr tiers, and I originally intended to try a full-sturdy team as a joke. This lead me to Carracosta, as it is otherwise used rarely and currently C+ on the Vr.

View attachment 144801View attachment 144802View attachment 144803

Following the trend of an all Sturdy team, I proceeded to go with Skarmory. This was a mixed bag. on one hand, it's typing and itself was great, but on the other hand, other than it's typing, it synergized horribly with Carracosta. This lead me away from it and an all-sturdy team, and proceeded to go with another steel-flying type.

View attachment 144804View attachment 144805View attachment 144806

(for the love of god why can't I get this Celesteela sprite to line up)

This lead me to Celesteela. I tried out it's leech stall set, but personally feel other pokemon did it better. So I went with the rarely used choice specs set, and it worked great, and it let this team start to take off in the testing phase, and completed a very nice core between the 2. However, the core had it's fair share of problems, but that's where the 3rd Pokemon comes into play

View attachment 144807View attachment 144809

After a bunch of 3rd member changes, which involved writing up an entire vr matchup chart and getting help from the 1v1 discord and room, I settled on kee berry mew. It stalls out and beats the Pokemon that threaten this core, along providing insurance for possible cteaming and niche sets that can take the core by surprise.

The Team:

View attachment 144810
Carracosta @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Aqua Jet
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Carracostcoa is the centerpoint of this team, and is strongly underrated in this metagame. Set is fairly self explanatory. Shell Smash is the best boosting move in 1v1, and Carracosta uses it to the fullest by letting it boost both it's attack and speed to titanic and good levels, respectively. aqua jet provides good priority, letting your pick off threats that you can't ohko, such as Magnezone. Earthquake provides Carracosta with the good edgequake combo, and lets it hit threats that resist rock. Stone edge, boosted by Rockium, gives Carracosta a nuke that lets it ohko many threats, and send others that don't into aqua jet range.

View attachment 144811

Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Air Slash

Specs Celesteela Rounds out the core of this team, and is also an amazing lure for people predicting leech seed stall. The set is fairly self explanatory. flash cannon is your default attack, providing you with damage when nothing else you have is supereffective, such a Dragonite. Fire blast lets your lure out steels and grass types, and slam them. Energy ball lets you beat Pokemon like Primarina and Swampert. Air Slash Provides secondary stab, letting you beat pokemon like Mega Venusaur. ev's are to tank special hits from the likes of Primarina and Aegislash while still letting it tank physical hits, and the speed ev's are to let it outspeed other Celesteela's.

View attachment 144814

Mew @ Kee Berry
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Amnesia

Kee Berry Mew is the glue of this team, letting the team beat things it otherwise wouldn't be able, such as Heatran and some mega Gyarados sets. Taunt gives mew a way keep opponents from setting up and blocks status, which is crucial. Will-O-Wisp makes mew the ultimate physical tank, providing many of it's crucial matchups such as gyarados. And it also, of course, provides mew with the way to slowly chip your opponent down. Roost provides good recovery, which is obviously a necessity. Amenisa lets it beat many special threats that this team otherwise loses against, such as Heatran.

Well, that's my RMT. Feedback would be greatly appreciated, And I hope you find success in 1v1, whether with this team or not!

Carracosta @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Aqua Jet
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Air Slash

Mew @ Kee Berry
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Amnesia

Yeah hi there, this post may be a bit late, but still. Firstly, you’re missing 4 EVs on Carracosta. Post finished.

So the team looks good, very solid, but your Gyarados MU seems veeeery shaky. You rely waaay too much on Mew, and that’s only a 50/50. If your lead Will o Wisp, Taunt variants destroy you. If you lead Taunt, Crunch 2Kos you no matter what. That’s 1 threat to the team. My suggestion here is to add Kommo-o over Celesteela as it does virtually the same thing, and Mew checks Primarina so you win. That’s all on Gyara.

I was real hard-pushed to find another Pokemon that beats your team, but same with the Gyarados Match Up, you rely way to much on Mew again to check Mega-Mawile. You’re way too passive against it, and they still hit really hard with crunch variants. Celesteela sort of checks it, but the occasional Fire Fang variant and Fire Blast failing to KO means that Mawile often gets the better of it. I’m not completely sure what to change here, I may figure it out near the end of my post.

Your Mew is actually really passive against one heck of a lot of things. It only beats things with Taunt and WoW damage, and you now have an excelllent Taunt user in Kommo-o, as well as Carracosta to stallbreaker stuff like Blissey. So we should replace Mew with something as everything Mew does like check Zygarde is already being dealt with with the rest of the team. This frees up a slot to deal with Mega Mawile and any other mons that threaten the team that I’ve missed. Team so far once rid of Mew ironically struggles with your own Mew set. And so, I think you should add a Mega Charizard Y to nuke Mega Mawile and other walls. Oh wait, Mew is often faster. Run Timid Megazardy to win.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to ps! right now, so I cannot put any import stuff, but I’m sure you’ll be able to figure it out for yourself. Feel free to disagree on any points I’ve made, and have fun with the team.

Lel I only posted this because I beat this exact team on ps.

Yeah hi there, this post may be a bit late, but still. Firstly, you’re missing 4 EVs on Carracosta. Post finished.

So the team looks good, very solid, but your Gyarados MU seems veeeery shaky. You rely waaay too much on Mew, and that’s only a 50/50. If your lead Will o Wisp, Taunt variants destroy you. If you lead Taunt, Crunch 2Kos you no matter what. That’s 1 threat to the team. My suggestion here is to add Kommo-o over Celesteela as it does virtually the same thing, and Mew checks Primarina so you win. That’s all on Gyara.

I was real hard-pushed to find another Pokemon that beats your team, but same with the Gyarados Match Up, you rely way to much on Mew again to check Mega-Mawile. You’re way too passive against it, and they still hit really hard with crunch variants. Celesteela sort of checks it, but the occasional Fire Fang variant and Fire Blast failing to KO means that Mawile often gets the better of it. I’m not completely sure what to change here, I may figure it out near the end of my post.

Your Mew is actually really passive against one heck of a lot of things. It only beats things with Taunt and WoW damage, and you now have an excelllent Taunt user in Kommo-o, as well as Carracosta to stallbreaker stuff like Blissey. So we should replace Mew with something as everything Mew does like check Zygarde is already being dealt with with the rest of the team. This frees up a slot to deal with Mega Mawile and any other mons that threaten the team that I’ve missed. Team so far once rid of Mew ironically struggles with your own Mew set. And so, I think you should add a Mega Charizard Y to nuke Mega Mawile and other walls. Oh wait, Mew is often faster. Run Timid Megazardy to win.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to ps! right now, so I cannot put any import stuff, but I’m sure you’ll be able to figure it out for yourself. Feel free to disagree on any points I’ve made, and have fun with the team.

Lel I only posted this because I beat this exact team on ps.
Hi, and thanks your feedback! I havn't really tried out your suggestions yet, I'll edit this once I do, but I just want to say that Specs celesteela's energy ball normally does a good job handling mega gyara, and its fire blast typically demolishes mega mawile. However, I have been getting fairly tired of stall mew, as it's falling short on for the team due to the hax inconsistency. I've just started trying out new pokemon on that third slot, like krookodile. However, I'll try your team out and see if it works better. Thank you for your feedback!

Hi, and thanks your feedback! I havn't really tried out your suggestions yet, I'll edit this once I do, but I just want to say that Specs celesteela's energy ball normally does a good job handling mega gyara, and its fire blast typically demolishes mega mawile. However, I have been getting fairly tired of stall mew, as it's falling short on for the team due to the hax inconsistency. I've just started trying out new pokemon on that third slot, like krookodile. However, I'll try your team out and see if it works better. Thank you for your feedback!
Hey yw ig. Bulky Mawile with some speed investment still beats Celesteela I’m afraid and what’s to stop Gyarados from not megaring. Relying on Gyara not knowing your set is very risky, especially when you’ve RMTd it (word of advice: never RMT a lure team). But still, let me know how it goes!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)