#bringbacktoonami

Status
Not open for further replies.
What started as an april fools joke by Adult Swim has turned into something so much more. On April 1st, Adult Swim brought back Toonami, complete with TOM, the original animes like Gurren Laggen and DBZ, as well as a game review for Mass Effect 3.

The masses have spoken and they are considering bringing Toonami back. We need this. I need this. You need this.

https://twitter.com/#!/adultswim

Be sure to respond, retweet, w/e. Toonami was for many of us, one of the best parts of our childhood. I made this thread for people who weren't aware of the April Fools joke and the situation as it stands.

#BringBackToonami

They MADE an April Fools Day JOKE about Toonami!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!??

That is Unacceptable!!!!!!!!! I Grew up watching that!!!!

I will not stand this madness!!! BRING BACK TOONAMI!!!!!!!!!!

there's really no need to react like that but I'm glad that adult swim did this, they just stirred up a whole lot of potential profit. Now they just need a new voice for Tom...

They would be idiots not to bring it back at this point, the only problem right now is that they probably would need a little while to set things back up considering that April 1st session was probably made a month in advance

New tweet:

#BringBackToonami We've heard you. Thank you for your passion and interest - stay tuned.

I'd also heard a rumor that it'd be starting April 22. But take that with a grain of salt.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
They could do with making this an international move as well. Seems like perfect TV to be watching at Uni. Probably won't though grumblegrumble

As long as they don't show that god awful 3rd season of Tenchi Muyo Ryo-ohki, I will be fine with it returning.

I mean fuck, Izzy to voice my first waifu? Fuck you guys.

If it runs as it used to do, it'll be on a Saturday, so I'm sure your American Dad will be fine. :P

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
there's really no need to react like that but I'm glad that adult swim did this, they just stirred up a whole lot of potential profit. Now they just need a new voice for Tom...

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Tom's voice. It's how he's always sounded and has always been a complete fucking bad ass.

WHAT I'M HAPPY about is they decided to bring back Tom v2, rather than v3 or v1. v2 was easily the most badass looking Tom there was.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Toonami was a pretty decent part of my childhood.

But then I grew up.

I've seen these shows a hundred times, and it seems like any new shows they acquired towards the end were shit (maybe they weren't shit, but they certainly weren't my shit). I stopped watching Toonami on my own, it was a little sad when it got taken off the air but c'mon I wouldn't watch it if it came back on. Maybe I'd watch it like twice for old time's sake. Bringing back Toonami could only be successful if it sticks with the channel's target demographic, which it failed to do in the late 2000s. Even last time I watched Adult Swim, they complained literally every week that Action Saturdays had half the viewers of Comedy Sundays. Meanwhile nothing that was ever on Toonami is inaccessible now for those who are nostalgic.

What started as an april fools joke by Adult Swim has turned into something so much more. On April 1st, Adult Swim brought back Toonami, complete with TOM, the original animes like Gurren Laggen and DBZ, as well as a game review for Mass Effect 3.

The masses have spoken and they are considering bringing Toonami back. We need this. I need this. You need this.

https://twitter.com/#!/adultswim

Be sure to respond, retweet, w/e. Toonami was for many of us, one of the best parts of our childhood. I made this thread for people who weren't aware of the April Fools joke and the situation as it stands.

#BringBackToonami

Your signature is perfect for my reaction

It's back now
It came back on may 26th
The new midnight timeslot of the block has more mature themes than its predecessors. The current lineup imports Adult Swim's anime and adds two new shows, Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)